Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Subon's (not so) amazing Art Gallery

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> DragonFable Art Gallery >> RE: Subon's (not so) amazing Art Gallery
Page 3 of 3<123
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/10/2015 12:27:28   
Subon

#Update 24

First off, still no chibi, sorry Liger!

This originally started as a simple anatomy practice (which is why the coloring is quite sloppy), but then I started adding some details and made a character.

Even tho I had someone looking like this in a head for a while.

Anyway, his name is Nero and he's fully equiped with 6 daggers and one katana he calls "Mongoose", which he almost NEVER uses. He mostly ends fights with using only one or two daggers.

Parts of his design including his name and the name of his katana are kinda symbolic and can tell you something about his character and even his past and relationships.

I know nobody is probably gonna even comment on this let alone research anything, but I'm quite enjoying giving all these little hints and slowly revealing more stuff about the characters.

< Message edited by Subon -- 8/10/2015 12:29:36 >
Post #: 51
8/19/2015 8:25:34   
Subon

#Update 25

Marie and her squad (heh) and some more sketches.

As for the last one.. don't ask.
Post #: 52
8/22/2015 15:31:44   
Subon

#Update 26

I have been playing ALOT of 999 this week. And I got all the endings, gotta say, my favorite one was probably "Safe Ending".

The game is great and I love it. So there goes Santa fanart.

< Message edited by Subon -- 8/22/2015 16:52:30 >
Post #: 53
8/26/2015 12:38:07   
Subon

#Update 27

Tried to use watercolors this time. I'd like to get some feedback on this one.

Post #: 54
8/31/2015 10:15:55   
LigerBeard

Alright, I looked at some of your other pieces in the other 2 pages(as well as Nero on this page), and since nobody has been asking questions about your OCs as of yet, I thought I'd pop by and leave you some. I'll admit I'm also a little curious about a couple of things!

1st: About Dama Noche, I noticed the scarabs(correct me if they're not scarabs) on his body, and that got me thinking that he might be from the Sandsea. Am I right? And if not, where is he from?

2nd: I really like how Nero has 6 daggers, but I was wondering; Has he ever attempted to do like Buggy from One Piece and use all 6 daggers at once? Like holding 3 of them in each hand between his fingers? And if so, how'd it go?

Edit: Oh, and would you mind telling me more about Sad Times? I'll be honest, after seeing him up close, I got really curious!

2nd Edit: Oh right, I forgot to ask! What program do you use?

< Message edited by LigerBeard -- 8/31/2015 10:20:43 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 55
9/4/2015 13:58:31   
Subon

@Liger

1. Yes, yes! See? That's what I'm talking about! YOU PERFORMED ADMIRABLY! *evil laugh*
But seriously, I was originally going to add background info about these characters, but then I thought it might be better to try and give some insight on the character via. the design itself. So I'm increadibly happy someone finally did look into them. Would be of course more fun if more people joined in and maybe created a discussion, but that's definitelly wanting too much since obviously none of this is official.

To answer your question, he is from around that area. I'll give you a tip - if you have some time you can try and research a bit on his name. You will reveal even more.

2. Nope, never did that and he's not planning to. He uses maximum of 2 daggers at the same time and that's only when he's in a pinch. He's sticking to just one for reasons unkown.

Sad times: Unfortunately, there isn't much about the character. Like I said, I drew him when I was feeling a bit down, that's truly all. Drawings with simple names such as "Woman" have nothing special to them.

And I use PS. I would love to learn to draw in Manga Studio in the future however.

And while I'm at it #Update 28

Kwaro

Man, I wonder who this is, she looks.. wait for it.. COLD. She kinda reminds me of someone, well whatever.

Noire

Elizabeth! Man, I didn't draw you in a while, did I? She's actually wearing her alternative costume this time, the other one got dirty. :/

And lastly, a fan art of Komaru Naegi from DanganRonpa: Another Episode. MAN, I can't wait to play this!

I've been actually trying out different styles and ways of coloring lately. I don't think it looks especially bad.

Also another sketch

AND YES I'M WORKING ON YOUR CHIBI LIGER! I'm just thinking of a way to approach it ;-;

< Message edited by Subon -- 9/4/2015 14:01:40 >
Post #: 56
9/5/2015 15:21:28   
LigerBeard

@Subon: Awesome, looking forward to seeing it when you're done!

Also, I did a little research on Dama Noche! I'll send you a pm about what I might have found out.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 57
9/5/2015 15:59:23   
Subon

Thank you. And you can just post about it here. Since we're still technically talking about my artwork, I don't think it really matters!

quote:

Okay, so first, I found out that Dama Noche's name refers to a flower from the West Indies.

Here's what I observed from the wikipedia page about it.

A: It is poisonous
and B: It is an invasive species

Do either of those things sound like him?

I also think I might get why you decided to make him weird, but I'm not sure whether or not I'm right, so I'll just let you answer that!

Yup, one of these do relate to him, and that is "B: It's invasive spicies"
Pretty much everything you can get on this character revolves around that flower.

As for your last "question", I shall half-answer that.

That flower, Dama de la Noche only blooms at night. A centrain thing becomes the most visible at that time and a centrain kind of people was said to always stare it.

Post #: 58
9/14/2015 12:15:23   
Subon

#Update 29

???

Post #: 59
10/24/2015 8:26:47   
Subon

Hi. I wonder if anyone missed me.

#Update 30

Alot of fan arts, random people, Nero and one sketch.

Post #: 60
11/15/2015 13:57:40   
LigerBeard

Hi Subon!

I just wanted you to know, I think I'm gonna change the design of Sir Jonah, so you don't have to do the chibi if you don't want to.

< Message edited by LigerBeard -- 11/15/2015 15:41:49 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 61
12/7/2015 12:34:47   
Monty34

I like your style! there's something about some of the characters that gives them a real personality. The detail is intriguing as well. How much of it do you do by hand?
DF  Post #: 62
12/16/2015 9:20:07   
Subon

@Monty34

Pretty much everything with the exception of some brushes that you can see reappearing in my drawings, and thank you, it means alot.

< Message edited by Subon -- 12/16/2015 9:21:26 >
Post #: 63
5/15/2016 16:01:44   
Subon

I made a Caitiff fan-art!
In a swimsuit! Yeah that's right, hopefully it wont get me banned.
And yes, it's for the contest.
Here, have a look if you want: http://ant-ra.deviantart.com/art/Caitiff-Swimsuit-Edition-609207321
Also, I havent been really posting here, but I have been drawing and posting pictures on my deviantart, so if you care about my art, I'd be more than happy if you watched me on dA.

Post #: 64
5/28/2016 4:01:13   
Rander

Ooo! More quality art and AE fanart!

Wait! What contest? I haven't seen any announcements on this forum board.

DF  Post #: 65
5/29/2016 10:02:17   
Subon

Thanks.

And it's a contest AE was holding - Draw any of AE character in a swimsuit... It's really weird, but why not.
Post #: 66
5/31/2016 15:56:59   
Rander

I just found out there exists a website Artix.com which has no connections to these forums . The contest is of course over and I never got a chance to participate .

It seems they are still judging, which is why I wish you luck!
DF  Post #: 67
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> DragonFable Art Gallery >> RE: Subon's (not so) amazing Art Gallery
Page 3 of 3<123
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition