Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

show again the losses could reduce the botting drasticaly

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> show again the losses could reduce the botting drasticaly
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/26/2015 6:24:31   
dfo99

in the 1v1, around of 60-70% of the players is just bots, this is the highest value ever, if the losses appear again, there will be no logic botting in 1v1.
Post #: 1
5/26/2015 7:07:52   
The berserker killer

Yes there definitely are at least 50 players botting. That's just from what I've seen and I don't even pvp that much anymore. Some players already lost thousands. Showing losses would be both disgraceful for devs for going back on their word and embarrassing for the player.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 2
5/26/2015 8:07:53   
King Bling

Show loses cuz all I see is bots in 1vs1 or fast lose builds I mean cmon its EpicDuel the duels need to be epic not just random noon ppl in battles
Post #: 3
5/26/2015 13:59:51   
shadow.bane

I do really suggest that loses be showed again !!!!

Bane Hallow The Last Shadow Fiend.
AQW Epic  Post #: 4
5/26/2015 20:26:45   
  Exploding Penguin

The initial reason for removing losses was mainly to stop the cyber bullying happening mostly in 2v2, but sometimes in 1v1.

Really though, if players are getting upset because they're getting bullied for losing a ton, then why haven't they just thought about how to improve themselves.

Just some food for thought.
Epic  Post #: 5
5/26/2015 20:42:14   
Dual Thrusters

Especially now that we have a mute button, it shouldn't be a problem.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 6
5/26/2015 21:19:14   
Mother1

Not supported as is.

While I can support showing loses again, I can only support it if the opinion is given to the players themselves. In other words if I don't want to show off my loses I can have the right to do so, while those who want to show off their loses can do so if they want to.

Because lets face it, this idea won't get rid of bots, because we already had them when loses were visible.
Epic  Post #: 7
5/26/2015 22:32:36   
.Lord Ginger.

Honestly, why even show anything? Players can brag about their wins when they have that many losses, and people
complain about having losses(and get bullied). If wins and losses are removed, there would be no point in having wins. Honestly, people have become way more sensitive nowadays, and people are also more rude towards others and bully
them for whatever reason. I've heard people call me a noob because I had varium and 35K wins.
Makes no sense, but people will call you a no lifer, or whatever they can because this is the kind of hate in this world.
I do it too, not calling me perfect, but people just love to insult one another.

< Message edited by .Lord Ginger. -- 5/26/2015 22:34:02 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 8
5/30/2015 20:46:58   
Introduce

People will find any reason to make fun of you, now they just decide who's better based off who has more wins which is totally wrong. Atleast with losses they made fun of you for how bad of a player you were, not how much you played.
Epic  Post #: 9
5/30/2015 21:05:11   
Mother1

@ Introduce

Back when loses were shown I remember people also got ridiculed for using builds they liked because they weren't in and cause win/loss Ratio to drop.

I still remember some players mocking me for using a build I liked just because it wasn't the popular favor build which resulted in my win/loss ratio taking a turn for the worse.

Epic  Post #: 10
5/30/2015 22:33:54   
dfo99

does not matter mother1, if you have a high win rate someone will call you a no lifer and if have a bad they will call you a noob, does not matter if you and there is others immature enough to deal with it, the win ratio just have to back. this time this is the only effective anti-botting, since nobody wants an acc with 99% of lose ratio.

< Message edited by dfo99 -- 5/30/2015 23:07:31 >
Post #: 11
5/30/2015 22:44:57   
Mother1

@ dfo99

my point was that botting was happening way before they even took away ratio's so to be honest bringing them back to 'discourage' botting isn't really a valid reason. Which was why I said the only way I could support bring back win/loss ratio's was if you had the opinion of showing them or leaving them hidden due to the mute button we now have.
Epic  Post #: 12
5/30/2015 23:13:48   
dfo99

i know that there was people botting in pvp far before the win ratio removal, but now there is novice or alts lv 40 players who don't even have notion of win ratio importance, so botting for those people really does not matter, thats why the people botting become a big problem only now.
Post #: 13
5/31/2015 0:41:37   
Introduce

Botting has increased far more since the removal of losses, there was always bots but not nearly as much.
Epic  Post #: 14
5/31/2015 5:18:43   
Satafou

Although there was botting before the removal of losses, the bots were designed to actually win some of the battle. The most common bot you see nowadays is the 750hp suicide str build without a gun and aux. If losses were still around this type of bot would never have surfaced in game.
Post #: 15
5/31/2015 18:57:12   
.Lord Ginger.

Losses won't come back because people can't handle being bullied(even though they are anyways) and +, the devs continue to take away the things that made the game enjoyable
AQW Epic  Post #: 16
5/31/2015 20:47:22   
Elite Tuga

I agree with this suggestion, me and many friends would love to see 'Wins/Losses' show up again (it would embarrass those who bot 24/7, putting them to shame) and after all this is a PvP game, it's all about showing off personal records, it's what we play for, not just the Epic Duel story!

Those who do not want to show off their stat's because they don't feel confident enough or want to avoid getting bullied should have an 'option' in account settings to 'hide profile page'.

This would be a win, win situation for all the players except the immature cheaters! There should be no exception for the Dev's to do this, unless they don't care anymore.
Epic  Post #: 17
5/31/2015 23:34:58   
.Lord Ginger.

Atleast on LB's. I remember my old frien Dark Guap on LB(about 11th that day) being happy he had highest ratio on LB that day(about 88.7%(Early Omega)) It was fun to see who could get fast wins/good %'s and now battles are slow as hell, so we can only talk about %, and well, it's not there anymore.
AQW Epic  Post #: 18
6/1/2015 1:41:46   
dfo99

the win rate have to back without a option to hide it, of course.

< Message edited by dfo99 -- 6/1/2015 1:42:05 >
Post #: 19
6/1/2015 3:24:04   
Mother1

If there is no option to hide the win rate than 100% not supported.

I am for showing loses again, and I even made a suggestion myself in the past to bring back loses due to the mute button being added, I remember making be a choice not something that is forced like it was before and after they hid loses.
Epic  Post #: 20
6/1/2015 17:50:50   
.Lord Ginger.

Well yea @mother1. Many people 100% didn't support their removal either.
AQW Epic  Post #: 21
6/1/2015 18:27:36   
Satafou

In fact the large scaled majority of the Epicduel community didn't agree to the removal of win%'s.
Post #: 22
6/1/2015 19:44:00   
Mother1

@ Satafou

even if this is the case how many of those people were actually voicing their opinions on the subject before the matter happened? Not a lot I can tell you. From what I saw in the forums quite a few suggestions were made to remove losses or at least hide them (as it is now) and there was quite a few people who supported the suggestion.

Add that to the fact that the Numbers kept on declining, as well as the staff wanting players to feel ok about trying different builds without the ridicule of other players (AKA the cyber bulling and harrassment issue) They did that in the hope of bringing this.

IIRC it wasn't until they made the change that people started posting how this was a bad change which to be honest was a little too late IMO. Had they voiced their opinions before hand as well as the people who didn't like the idea doing so maybe the staff wouldn't have removed them from the start.

Not to mention the issue that OP is trying to use as a reason for bring back loses without the opinion to hide them wasn't a problem when it first came out. It wasn't until strength builds became dominant again that bots started coming back like crazy.

If showing loses would stop botting then it would make sense that botting wouldn't have been an issue in the first place. If a person need credits/EXP real quick and doesn't care about their records they are going to bot no matter what you do and this is a given.
Epic  Post #: 23
6/2/2015 3:04:04   
dfo99

i am not saying that show again the losses will completly fix the problem, but it is sure better than keep banning players who decide use bots because the devs agree with the stupid threads of edwardvulture and hide the losses to damn noobs feel better about their records. now, the door is open and ban who enter is the solution (devs logic about the problem).

< Message edited by dfo99 -- 6/2/2015 3:06:03 >
Post #: 24
6/2/2015 5:13:14   
Satafou

Yes, but mother1 the forums do not represent the entire Epicduel community. No matter what you do cyber bullying will always exist. With the removal of losses, those players who did have bad ratio's now exclaim they are the best player in Epicduel, (even certain people posting in the forums here are evident of that) and they look down other players because heck. no one can really prove them wrong can they? Of course their ridiculous claims also can't be proved either.
Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> show again the losses could reduce the botting drasticaly
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition