Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Fun *basic* Idea

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Fun *basic* Idea
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/2/2015 21:11:27   
AQWorldsFarmer

With all the rudeness in the game, I've been thinking about implementing a feature to help mellow the harsh language with some people.
The feature I've finally come up with will HELP with the issue of tensions in a duel, not completely eradicate it.

The Feature? Simply put, a 'Nice People of Epicduel' board. Kinda like the leaderboards, but not competitive.
This feature could also have some sort of small award. But before I get to that, let me illustrate the details.

Your in a pvp battle with an extremely thoughtful, kind person. At the end of the battle, a screen pops up
"Was this person...."
A. A perfect angel! (+1 nice point)
B. Very Kind. (+1 nice point)
C. I am nuetral towards this person's actions (+0 points)
D. This person was slightly disrespectful. (+0 points)
E. This person was extremely rude and not very pleasant to play with. (+0 points)

Which the system I have in my head right now, it can only work with 1v1. I haven't found a way to work out a way to use this in 2v2 or jugg.

Now, the rewards.

Daily Awards:
-20 nice points = 1 arcade token
-50 nice points = 1 arcade token, 500 credit.
-100 nice points = 2 arcade tokens, 250 credit.
500 nice points = 8 arcade tokens, 5,000 credit.

Achievements:
Tier 1: 10 nice points
Tier 2: 50 nice points
Tier 3: 100 nice points
Tier 4: 250 nice points
Tier 5: 500 nice points
Tier 6: 1000 nice points
Tier 7: 2000 nice points
Tier 8: 5000 nice points
Tier 9: 8,000 nice points
Tier 10: 15,000 nice points

Along with the positive 'nice points' we could have a negative 'wall of shame'.
Even though I see ways the negative version could be abused, i'll go ahead and list it.

If, at the end of battle, someone chose answer choice E, the player will receive one shameful point.
Although they have no real consequences, players with high amounts of Shameful points can be put on a
"Wall of Shame" daily board. NOT AN ALL-TIME.

< Message edited by AQWorldsFarmer -- 6/2/2015 21:12:20 >
Post #: 1
6/3/2015 16:06:41   
Elite Tuga

I agree with this wonderful idea. Our community is full of childish and rude players, we need something that could possibly give them some discipline, if they wish to be more rewarded in-game of course.

Epic  Post #: 2
6/3/2015 16:43:35   
The berserker killer

I seriously like this idea
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 3
6/3/2015 17:18:37   
AQWorldsFarmer

Thanks for the feedback! Any ideas on a way for this to work in 2v2 and jugg? Also, What about an option to 'not be asked'? Where you can choose to not answer the question.
Post #: 4
6/3/2015 18:27:53   
The berserker killer

I'm thinking that honestly it should be a button, like a fame button. That way a player can just click on this button, click on the players level and a screen will pop up (just like when you report someone). From there each player in any mode can just choose A or B (I think ABCD or E makes it a bit complicated)
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 5
6/3/2015 18:46:50   
AQWorldsFarmer

quote:

I'm thinking that honestly it should be a button, like a fame button.

If it was like a fame button, it could be spammable, unless you're referring to only being used while in a pvp match. Then I could agree with that.
Post #: 6
6/3/2015 19:05:51   
The berserker killer

Definitely, only in PVP. Sorry I forgot to mention that part.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 7
6/5/2015 12:00:29   
RaXZerGamingZ

its a great idea but people could lie :/
Post #: 8
6/8/2015 18:42:12   
AQWorldsFarmer

Also, if it were to be like a fame button, there would need to be some way for it to only be usable after the fight.
Maybe a big button on the victory/loss page that says the person(s) names and a button next to them that you can't click for each one you
thought was nice and deserved it.

Now here is an example: nice points
This is what it could look like for a 1v1 (dont just my drawing XD)
for 2v2, just 3 of them and each person's name. (and Maybe they're picture too) [Head Shot]
Post #: 9
6/9/2015 2:17:32   
Cyber Dream

Only problem I have with this is the names. "Perfect Angel" could be offensive since everyone is not religious.
AQW Epic  Post #: 10
6/9/2015 4:10:08   
AQWorldsFarmer

"perfect angel" isn't exactly religious, its more of a form of expression.
Post #: 11
6/9/2015 16:52:07   
Cyber Dream

The term "angel" is being used.
AQW Epic  Post #: 12
6/9/2015 16:57:19   
AQWorldsFarmer

"Angel" isn't just a religious term.....people use the term to express how they feel a person's attitude is.
And if its offensive, then they must just be looking to start an argument. Unless they're a certain political party...not naming names.

Edit: Plenty of non-religious people say "Oh my god", this doesn't mean their implying they have a god, its just a form of expressing your astonishment.

< Message edited by AQWorldsFarmer -- 6/9/2015 16:58:45 >
Post #: 13
6/9/2015 18:06:44   
Greed Redemption

I 100% agree with this idea and I am tired of the rude players in our game we have today! I'm not religious and "Perfect Angel" is totally fine with me because it's not that bad at all because it could just mean I'm really nice.

< Message edited by Greed Redemption -- 6/9/2015 18:08:43 >
Epic  Post #: 14
6/9/2015 18:15:27   
Satafou

Tbh i find that "Perfect angel" just sounds a bit lame. I mean "nice points" the idea itself isn't that bad,but it just makes the game head towards an even younger target audience than what it already is now.
Post #: 15
6/9/2015 20:17:02   
.Lord Ginger.

Or nicer people....
AQW Epic  Post #: 16
6/9/2015 20:38:07   
AQWorldsFarmer

If it sounds too childish, we could use the term
"Divine Being"
"Cordial"
"Charming Lad/Miss"
Post #: 17
6/10/2015 0:12:52   
Cyber Dream

or we could use something as simple as "Reputation"
AQW Epic  Post #: 18
6/10/2015 0:30:15   
Dual Thrusters

quote:

"Perfect Angel" could be offensive since everyone is not religious.

We already have:

-Divine Daggers
-Holy Sword of Flame
-Angelic Destroyer P and E

To add on:

You probably don't believe in Greek Mythology, so are you offended by the Zeuszooka? Just because someone isn't religious doesn't mean that they will be offended by religious terms.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 19
6/10/2015 3:10:33   
VanitySixx

I don't agree with this if it'd slow down the gameplay. But if this is optional, then of course. I'd love to give some kind people a few points they deserve.

However, I think this will turn into a huge popularity contest; sort of like how fame was in the beginning. The most famous players will instantly get the "Angel" vote probably without even speaking a word.
AQW Epic  Post #: 20
6/10/2015 10:20:16   
Cyber Dream

@Dual Hey there, haven't seen you in a while.
quote:

You probably don't believe in Greek Mythology, so are you offended by the Zeuszooka? Just because someone isn't religious doesn't mean that they will be offended by religious terms.

Honestly, I really don't care. Im just bringing up a common problem that I see a lot. No need to start an argument here.

quote:

I don't agree with this if it'd slow down the gameplay. But if this is optional, then of course. I'd love to give some kind people a few points they deserve.
I can quickly see this turning into a "fame" issue. People are going to be for the highest rating.
AQW Epic  Post #: 21
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Fun *basic* Idea
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition