Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

New Moves to Address Overlapping Skills

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> New Moves to Address Overlapping Skills
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/16/2015 3:43:38   
kittycat

Proposed Moves Intended to Heal:
*There will be a hard cap of healing 650 HP for Elixir of Life, 780 HP when under Critical Heal. There is a formula used to reduce effectiveness of the moves based on amount of HP.

1001 HP or Higher:
Reduces effectiveness by 1% of by every 50 HP above 1001.

Field Rejuvenation
Grants HP and EP equivalent to a % of their maximum health and energy pools over two turns, Cooldown: 3 turns

Level 1: 24% (+2% per level) -> Level 10: 42%

Health Siphon, Cooldown: 3 turns
Drains opponents health by a % of their maximum health pool, caster gains 2x.
Level 1: 16% -> Level 10: 25% (+1% per level)

Elixir of Life, Cooldown: 4 turns
Heals a % of the caster's max health pool.

Level 1: 35% -> Level 10: 62% (+3% per level)

Proposed Moves Intended to Stun:

Blood Mages - Blood Punch, Cooldown: 2 or 3 turns
Sacrifice 90 HP to stun an opponent, deals a set damage of 150. (HP cost increases by 6 per level)

Level 1: 33% -> Level 10: 60% (+3% per level)

Tactical Mercenaries - Stun Ray, Cooldown: 4 turns
Grabs a gun, shoots to stun opponent for 100% chance, stops caster from any healing effect for 2 rounds.
Improves with Dexterity.

Required Energy: 110 + 15*(SkillLevel - 1) EP

Proposed Moves Intended to Address Robots

Robot Invocation
Summons its own robot to deal increased damage on its regular attack. Costs more if it is in cooldown.

Level 1: 110% Robot Damage -> Level 2: 128% Robot Damage,

Cost: 120 EP, +20 per skill level

Robotic Shutdown
Prevents any use of robot for 2 rounds, deals increased primary damage.

Level 1: 100% Primary Damage -> Level 2: 136% Weapon Damage

Cost: 160 EP, +15 per skill level.

Modifications of Current Moves:

Fireball
Drains Energy equivalent to 50% of the Damage Dealt, with reduced damage scaling.

< Message edited by kittycat -- 7/18/2015 1:26:45 >
AQ MQ  Post #: 1
7/16/2015 4:01:09   
shadow.bane

^ more unknown people just want to mess the game ! who are you ?
AQW Epic  Post #: 2
7/16/2015 9:01:09   
One Winged Angel1357

@Shadow.Bane Kitty has been here for awhile. You can always take a look at the last 50 posts a person has made if you don't know anything about them. All you have to do is click on their forums name
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 3
7/16/2015 11:28:11   
nowras

Oh my god! NTY NTY NTY NTY
Not supported

That would wreck the game tbh
AQW Epic  Post #: 4
7/16/2015 13:22:56   
  Exploding Penguin

quote:

^ more unknown people just want to mess the game ! who are you ?

Why do I feel like you judge a person entirely based off of their character and since there is no character given for ED under that username you think the user is a nobody?

quote:

Oh my god! NTY NTY NTY NTY
Not supported

That would wreck the game tbh

I don't necessarily disagree with you but why do you not support it?

I support the idea of replacing overlapping skills but not really most of the skills suggested. First off is that %-max health recovery or damage is NOT a very good way to go in ED. Given we already have a health balance crisis going on adding in something else to consider concerning that wouldn't really help much. If you really want % health to work on heals and such you need to lower the percent and add a base value as well.

As for guaranteed stun moves, the fact that a stun brings so much to a battle means that any guaranteed stun move needs to have the user put more at a disadvantage than an advantage from the initial effects. Basically a guaranteed stun move would be losing health and dealing no damage for the stun, and something similar. There's no reason not to abuse the skill if you benefit from the initial cast as well as the stun effect. You need to make a trade so that in some situations it may be worth it and in some not.
Epic  Post #: 5
7/16/2015 16:04:52   
shadow.bane

@OWA , i don't care who she is or he is , posts like these and from people like these are what ruined the game in the first place ^^
AQW Epic  Post #: 6
7/16/2015 17:18:53   
Uchiha Sarada
Banned

Shadow: Your Posts have the same purpose then.
You cant judge someone from by real ED Account.

< Message edited by Uchiha Sarada -- 7/16/2015 23:12:48 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 7
7/16/2015 17:21:52   
.Lord Ginger.

He has so many good accounts @Uchicha, don't even lie about that. His 3rd alt b4 his current had 16k wins on it. <.<
AQW Epic  Post #: 8
7/16/2015 17:23:07   
Uchiha Sarada
Banned

Mr Ginger: He can have 10 Accounts with 500k Wins Each, That doesn't mean anything at all on the forums.
AQW Epic  Post #: 9
7/16/2015 18:41:50   
One Winged Angel1357

@shadow remember what i told you before," debate everything with facts or opinions supported by facts."

Pure opinions have a place on the forums but in the way you are using them they do not
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 10
7/16/2015 19:01:45   
Mother1

Here is a suggestion I thought of for a BM ultimate.

BM

Magma eruption replaces supercharge.

3 turn warm up 3 turn cold down

description

Slams your staff into the ground Summoning a pillar of hot Magma from the core of the planet to attack your foe. Restores 20% of the damage dealt and eroding a percent of your opponent's defenses for 2 turns depending on the level.

(Damage type depends on primary weapon.)

Weapon requirement Staff
Damage improves with Support
Percents improve with none.
Stat require 24 strength (2+ more strength for each level increase)

Level 1 7% Defenses ignored
level 2 10% Defenses ignored
level 3 13% Defenses ignored
level 4 15% Defenses ignored
level 5 18% Defenses ignored
level 6 21% Defenses ignored
level 7 24% Defenses ignored
level 8 27% Defenses ignored
level 9 30% Defenses ignored
level 10 33% Defenses ignored

Note that if a person is already under the effect of Magma eruption the erosion effect won't stack with your partners in 2 vs 2 or juggernaut.

< Message edited by Mother1 -- 7/16/2015 19:02:48 >
Epic  Post #: 11
7/16/2015 20:59:35   
shadow.bane

@uchiha i say it again who are you in game really ? why your hiding ? why you afraid to show ur Main claimed account that is rank 80 ? o.O either it don't exist either it don't exist

on topic : the all suggestion is a base control of health and energy , no objection here but the objection is 100 % stun with - 75 health for 3 turns and cannot be cured with field medic ? are u serious ? and please all the suggestion are damage over time cannot be cured with field medic ? is it sarcasm ?
AQW Epic  Post #: 12
7/16/2015 22:58:39   
.Lord Ginger.

@uchicha...
quote:

Shadow: Your Posts have the same purpose then.
You can judge someone from their real ED Account.

quote:

Mr Ginger: He can have 10 Accounts with 500k Wins Each, That doesn't mean anything at all on the forums.

If we're judging by accounts, as you were in the first, he's good, however since I said that...you had to relate it to the forums...

ON TOPIC: I honestly don't think class specific weapons are coming back...at all, no matter what people do. lol

< Message edited by .Lord Ginger. -- 7/16/2015 22:59:34 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 13
7/16/2015 23:13:47   
Uchiha Sarada
Banned

It was clearly a typo so I Fixed it dattebane
AQW Epic  Post #: 14
7/16/2015 23:48:40   
Lord Machaar

I must say that I stopped replying to suggestions for a simple reason which is, when is the last time a suggestion was implemented? and how many times devs said they are working more on biobeast and all they do on epicduel is writting tweets that they still didn't quit it yet. And even considering that after biobeasts is done, devs will have some time to actually implement some suggestions, which I think won't happen, since by then ED would be already dead. But hey I will just interact with this.

Not supported since there are builds with 1.6k HP and builds with 750 HP, so it is pretty clear who would benefit more from some of these moves.

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 7/16/2015 23:49:33 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 15
7/17/2015 1:09:55   
kittycat

Lord Machaar, given that there is a variety of HP amounts in builds, I have implemented a countermeasure such that high health builds will weaken the potential of these healing moves. Also, Guaranteed Stun stops the caster from any healing effect for two rounds.

< Message edited by kittycat -- 7/17/2015 1:10:17 >
AQ MQ  Post #: 16
7/17/2015 1:34:41   
Lord Machaar

quote:

Proposed Moves Intended to Stun:

Blood Mages - Blood Punch, Cooldown: 2 or 3 turns
Sacrifice 90 HP to stun an opponent, deals a set damage of 150. (HP cost increases by 6 per level)

Level 1: 33% -> Level 10: 60% (+3% per level)

Tactical Mercenaries - Stun Ray, Cooldown: 4 turns
Grabs a gun, shoots to stun opponent for 100% chance, stops caster from any healing effect for 2 rounds.

Another solution would be, instead of using constant numbers like 90 HP as an example, HP sacrificed can be related to the total amount of HP the caster has, expressed in a percent (X% of HP), for instance, 10% HP sacrifice would mean a player that has 800 HP would have to sacrifice 80 HP in order to use blood punch, while another one with 1.6k would have to sacrifice 160 HP, which looks pretty decent for me, a constant percent (X% of HP) is way better compared to a constant number (X HP).

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 7/17/2015 1:36:00 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 17
7/17/2015 4:48:59   
8x

shadow.bane seems to think that having lot of wins and being a high level makes him better and smarter than everyone else. Funny.

On topic:
Some more variety would be nice. With all the balancing over the years, the classes have been slowly becoming way too similar.
Epic  Post #: 18
7/17/2015 5:26:45   
Bender Rodriguez

Shadow Bane barely has any pvp wins. Most of his ranks come from farming NPC's seeing as he has nearly 10 times as much NPC wins than he does 1v1 and 2v2 combined.He's over rank 40 and isn't even a warlord.
AQW Epic  Post #: 19
7/17/2015 10:11:47   
One Winged Angel1357

@Lord Machaar Since you asked here is a list a player influenced suggestions added since 2015 began
  • Botting counter measures
  • CC limo
  • Void Essence
  • Legendary Bosses
  • Increased rewards for dailies
  • Legendary Rewards
  • Underdog Mode
  • Hardcore Missions
  • Fame Revamp
  • Codes(Return of gifting)
  • Balance Changes
  • AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 20
    7/17/2015 10:33:37   
    .Lord Ginger.

Another suggestion was the revival of passives.
    Hasn't been implemented tho

< Message edited by .Lord Ginger. -- 7/17/2015 10:34:36 >
    AQW Epic  Post #: 21
    7/17/2015 14:27:38   
    shadow.bane

@bender , hi , check my latest video , ur in ut , twice :D . after u beat me in pvp u can talk like so . and i played pvp in this game more than ur wins by 6.2 times :) . and the account that u can never beat is just an alt ^^ my 3 mains and other alts are all disabled ... math it :) .

plus 8x am willing to take anyone into challenge if u want cause yes i am convinced that i am better than anyone else :D .

< Message edited by shadow.bane -- 7/17/2015 14:28:54 >
    AQW Epic  Post #: 22
    7/17/2015 15:29:41   
    8x

^You misunderstood my post.
    Epic  Post #: 23
    7/17/2015 15:54:34   
    shadow.bane

^ the word funny explained all dw .
    AQW Epic  Post #: 24
    7/17/2015 15:57:55   
    Lord Machaar

@OWA:
    quote:

Botting counter measures
    CC limo
    Void Essence
    Legendary Bosses
    Increased rewards for dailies
    Legendary Rewards
    Underdog Mode
    Hardcore Missions
    Fame Revamp
    Codes(Return of gifting)
    Balance Changes

You should read my words within the context of the post, the OP clearly suggests new skills, when is the last time a new skill was added? Or when is the last time a new core was added?
    All balance changes now rely on dealing with what we have, tweak some numbers there, modify some values here and there you go a balance update. Such tweaks/balances will mean that a build will directly get buffed/nerfed, now the problem about that is, builds do improve with ranks, a rank 60 str build isn't like a rank 1 str build. If you think rank 60 str build is OP, well it should be nerfed, well what about the rank 1 str build, it isn't OP, but that's called collateral damage, but would that be the case if a dedicated core was presented to fix the problem, for instance, katherax's bot has the perfect core for dealing with strenght builds, such core will encounter all strenght builds, from rank 1 to 60, without having to unfairly nerf the rank 1 str build users.

Balance changes can be done into ways: buff/nerf builds directly which will inevitably produce collateral damage and ruin balance for other players, or present new skills/cores to deal with that, with great efficient. Testers didn't chose the first one, but they were obliged to, since all programmers now are working biobeasts, and sadly they can't come up with new cores.
    MQ Epic  Post #: 25
    Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> New Moves to Address Overlapping Skills
    Page 1 of 212>
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition