Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

"Old times" server without those updates

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> "Old times" server without those updates
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/18/2015 13:14:24   
Stonehawk

Please open a server where those (un)balance updates are not in the game! Bring back weapons with unique stats, passives and everything people want back in this server!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
7/18/2015 13:45:26   
.Lord Ginger.

I've suggested this, but they're too lazy.

And apparently, all old balance
got revamped, and there's probably "flash" limitation
AQW Epic  Post #: 2
7/18/2015 13:56:01   
8x

After so many changes to the code (and an engine update at some point, if I remember correctly), I am pretty sure that if would be easier to remake ED from scratch. And you can be sure that there are no backups of the old code and even if there were, it might not work with the current equipment/tools/programs.
Epic  Post #: 3
7/18/2015 14:04:36   
Stonehawk

Make a new server from the beginning, then! Passives still exists, the NPCs have it! Those balance changes are a waste of money, they always make the most used class helpless and we have to change! :(

< Message edited by Stonehawk -- 7/18/2015 14:06:11 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 4
7/18/2015 15:12:44   
Mother1

Been suggested so many times I am surprised it isn't in the FSI by now. Sadly they already said this wouldn't be happening.
Epic  Post #: 5
7/18/2015 15:16:46   
8x

If I remember correctly NW mentioned somewhere that they started working on ED around year 2006 (might be even sooner, I'm not sure). It took them until 2009-2011 (so, 3-5 years) to get it to a good state, what we refer to as "good old times". Even with the resources they have now, it would probably still take them well over a year to remake ED from scratch, assuming that they could even do it. That would mean that they would have to work for over a year without generating any new revenue, which just doesn't seem like a viable option. Not to mention that they would have to use Unity instead of Flash.
Epic  Post #: 6
7/18/2015 18:10:10   
.Lord Ginger.

I'd rather wait a year than play this garbage now
AQW Epic  Post #: 7
7/18/2015 18:33:37   
8x

^
quote:

That would mean that they would have to work for over a year without generating any new revenue, which just doesn't seem like a viable option.
Epic  Post #: 8
7/18/2015 18:35:17   
Lord Machaar

There is a 2007 version of Runescape, for free, and just like ED this game received a lot of critics due to its last updates... so yeah it is something feasible, thus, opening a new server means there must be a dedicated team to look for it, for instance, are there going to be updates or not? if not, what if there are flaws in balance, because believe me, the good old times had their flaws, and they were as bad as the current ones.
MQ Epic  Post #: 9
7/18/2015 19:41:46   
  Battle Elf
has ten 1v1 wins

I don't see any technical limitations that would make a server like this impossible. However if I were a betting man I'd say it would take around a year. With the current size of the ED Dev team this idea simply isn't feasible. If you're feeling frustrated with the current state of EpicDuel please post suggestions to move the game forward, since we certainly won't be going back.

Locked.

Thanks,
Battle Elf
ED Archknight

< Message edited by Battle Elf -- 7/18/2015 19:42:16 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> "Old times" server without those updates
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition