Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AQ3D= Feedback Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest 3D] >> AdventureQuest 3D General Discussion >> RE: =AQ3D= Feedback Thread
Page 19 of 30«<1718192021>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/29/2016 9:17:15   
David the Wanderer
Legendary AK!

@Dr.Paradine: But the Attack stat increases the damage you deal with skills as well, no?
DF AQW  Post #: 451
7/29/2016 10:47:10   
Dr.Paradine

Honestly it doesn't feel like it, but then I mainly use Guardian Class and it seems to still have the issue that using Guardian Dragon Fire does more damage without Guardian Marks active than with them active.
AQ  Post #: 452
8/4/2016 9:01:09   
solomi123

Another dungeon bug

This time I got spawn into a different part of the map that should have been inaccessible from the start (the high cliffs). Not spawning into another map, just a weird spot, I can actually see the other two - kazuma chiba and Jjgoron3000 - fighting mobs below

Can't jump down back to the path on the cliff but if I jump on the opposite side I can explore the inaccessible part of the map like that one doomwood bridge glitch

Welp ... there goes my effort for the zard hide ... gonna explore the glitched map now
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 453
8/5/2016 7:44:03   
jerubal

Having spent a few days levelling back up -

I actually don't mind the difficulty of mobs at-level (I'm sure people playing at cap have better insights there, though), but I'm having trouble hitting the level ranges just through questing.
After each zone I'm spending more and more time grinding with groups and just slowly watching a yellow bar creep up (at level 8, now imperceptibly, and I'm sure it'll worsen), which isn't a lot of fun. I'd rather be doing some dashing heroics and what-have-you than standing around waiting for the same group of enemies to respawn all afternoon.. although I'll do it for the right incentive, levelling should feel more natural.
It doesn't matter how well equipped I might be if I always miss because mobs are higher level, anyway.

Otherwise it's a lot more coherent and playable than it was in previous testing phases I was part of, and it's shaping up nicely. :)

AQ DF MQ  Post #: 454
8/5/2016 23:32:04   
solomi123

I think you should make the 2 map with alpha zard static, or at the very least increase the drop date for the alpha zard hide.

With the current randomized dungeon and low drop rate, that thing feels like it's just as rare (if not even more so) than the dravir hide.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 455
8/7/2016 22:39:33   
Azan

After playing some days in the Beta, I have a bit of feedback.

I have to say, despite all the new great things like the new dungeons, items, craft system and all, I'm of the opinion that this game is not as fun as it was previously. There are several factors to that, some of which have already been mentioned by others:

First, the monsters' power level. It's alright in the Intro and OK in Greenguard, but from that point monsters get way too strong for what they should be. I've stopped counting the dozens of times that, despite being level 8, I've died to a level 11 skeleton despite taking multiple HP potions. It's even worse for dungeon mobs - I understand that you're supposed to be fighting in groups of 3, but most of them have too much HP and some of them are too strong - I'm thinking Crimson Mages from the Heartwood dungeon: the concept of spell-casting enemies is awesome, but their spells pack an awful punch and their mana is practically unlimited (which gives the same result as them not using it at all).

Second, the XP curve. I wholeheartedly agree with jerubal's point: you need too much XP to hit the right level ranges. You have to farm, farm and farm again.

Third, the drop rates. Most of them, even those who I think are supposed to be common, are insanely low. Despite having farmed Cave Sneevils for hours, I haven't found one Cave Sneevil Dust. Same thing goes for quite everything. Even from a logical standpoint, it's difficult to understand why it's so rare to find a large log on a Lurking Behemoth's body (from Whitaker Forest Dungeon) - they're literally MADE of large logs. These drop rates make equipment tedious to get.

Fourth, and I'm aware this is something that will probably not be changed since it's a core function of the game since the beginning, the combat system itself. Auto-aim makes everything hit- even what should not. A good example of this is when we're running past agressive mobs: they target us and land one hit on us before chasing us. That one hit is always done, even if we're running past them so fast we're out of their reach in a second (aka Shadow wolf transform). A Sneevil should not be able to strike me with a dagger if I'm five meters away. The auto-aim also makes RL skill completely useless in fights: you can't move around to avoid enemy attacks, they'll just hit anyways. It feels less like the player fighting an enemy and more like a bunch of stats with triggerable skills fighting a computer-controlled bunch of stats. It's my opinion that it would be more pleasant to have attacks affect a certain area instead of auto-aim. A sword swing could hit whatever enemy (or enemies) is on its path, the Big Bones's mace strike into the ground could deal massive damage to the small area where it strikes then moderate shock damage around, Mage's blasts could aim to where the enemy is standing when they are fired (meaning that if the enemy moves it's not affected), and so on... this would add realism and immersion. My two cents.

Now, this game has a big potential. Very big. It can be fun to wander around, explore, fight classic and new AE monsters, discover new, fascinating stories. I know it's still in a testing phase and nothing is final, which is awesome because it means things can be changed! That's it for the feedback I have. Keep the awesome work!
Post #: 456
8/10/2016 5:56:13   
solomi123

Is it just me or is the monsters dealing more damage than yesterday?
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 457
8/10/2016 13:46:11   
Vypie

I also noticed a HUGE boost in every item's stats today. Maybe they increased the stats on monsters too, for it to still be balanced. That might be why you are seeing bigger damage numbers, I think.
Epic  Post #: 458
8/11/2016 3:05:16   
solomi123

Apparently so

I've been running the Whitaker Forest dungeon and notice that the lvl 6-7 mobs that I used to be able to dodge and hit them every single time yesterday now have their health boosted, double-triple damage and capable of dodging half of my attacks from my lv10 char.

Heck, even the blue eyes outside can hit me.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 459
8/18/2016 0:06:58   
Mighty_Havoc

I believe everyone has gone over these issues already but after a few play-through hours, i feel as though i must address them to emphasize the point here. (Keep in mind that as a kick-starter backer, i REALLY want this game to as successful if not, MORE successful than AQW.)

One of the most prominent issues i found is the combat. Where to start? The monsters can be a real challenge once you enter Heartwood Forest especially if you're running solo. The previous questlines before it doesn't exactly prepare you enough as it offers little bits of exp which is why your best bet is the dungeons (which are surprisingly easy to miss in the maps) at the end of the day. Also, I'm not sure whether or not this is true but a fellow player told me that a monster that's higher lvl than you will have a higher dodge rate...what? So not only do higher lvl monsters deal more dmg and have more health, they also dodge more frequently! Not to mention that missing your skills still takes away the same amount of mana as it would if it hit, leaving you into a state of paralysis with no mana while the monsters is raining down on you. In AQW, the player can easily regain mana with their auto-attacks and get back into the fight-but this is not AQW. No, auto-attacks in AQ3D are almost useless for it barely contributes for your mana and just when you have enough mana to use a skill, it is quickly lost and you're once again at the bottom. Now the game unexpectedly grants you 999x health and mana potions which i found very generous but the placement is sort of awkward along with the inventory for there isn't any organization(but that's a small issue that i'm sure will be changed soon) . Also, having to resort to health and mana potions all the time does NOT feel fun.

The best way to progress is with other players and this is where dungeons come in. Now if you thought the sudden difficulty spike in the Heartwood Forest was hard...oh boy. My first was one of the 2 dungeons in Heartwood (the one with the Crimson Fire Mages and lava Gargoyles). Even with 2 other players fighting aside me, we were getting stomped! It takes 3 of us to take down even 1 monsters (and keep in mind we all progressed through all the prior quests including the Heartwood ones). The crimson fire mages spam fireballs way faster than your mage class could ever hope to achieve, killing you almost instantly. There is a crafting system which is really essential when dealing with these beasts (although the wait times are a little ridiculous...) and overall, i really like this aspect of the game if only the drop rates weren't so low.

For a game that is supposedly going to attract a lot more newer audiences with it's mobile release, i feel as though the current state it's in is a HUGE turnoff. I've had easier times playing Riders of Icarus (Another MMORPG). Heck, the AQ3D PRE-BETA was more easier in terms of gameplay. As for others mechanics, like armor customization, i'm not too worried for AE has greatly improved the AQW armors throughout the years so i expect the same here (please fix the flat chest armors though). And that goes for all of AQ3D for i trust AE, whom is so passionate on appealing to the fans , to listen to everyone's feedback and fix it before open-beta because first impressions matter.

Combat has to the first priority for AE if they want this game to as fun as they make it to be.

Actually, i don't exactly mind the low drop rates for crafting items, for it makes what you have ever more valuable (If they plan on doing auction houses). My problem that i forgot to mention was the boss spawns. It's for some reason, random and can take up a lot of your time just WAITING for it to spawn and when it does, your most likely not gonna get the drop and will have to wait again.

**Please do not double-post, it is considered spam and only clutters the page. Next time use the button to add in any additional information to your post. If you do accidentally make an extra post then use the button to delete that extra post. For more information, please read
the =AE= Comprehensive Forum Rules > Posting Behavior. ~Kokujoe_AK

< Message edited by Kokujoe -- 8/18/2016 3:45:04 >
Post #: 460
8/18/2016 4:29:00   
orc orc orc

I know they're working on it right now, but the difficulty curve still needs A LOT to be fixed. The jump in enemy level from zone to zone is too much, and yet there is no good way to catch up on the levels. Unless you have endless hours of free time, it's excruciating to make progress. I'm pretty sure many of us play games to have fun, not do a chore.

In addition, the controls need a lot of improvement, if not a complete overhaul. The idea of integrating camera controls into the WASD/arrow keys is horrid. It makes turning around very slow and as a result navigation becomes a nightmare at times. Camera controls should be SEPARATE from movement commands. In addition, there's no reliable way to move left or right reliably, which aggravates the issue. The Q and E keys would have fulfilled the roles if they auto-rotate the camera. Right now they're largely useless. The controls should therefore be reworked on.

Sure, the game is going to be a mobile game as well, and the current controls might work better there. However, the controls should not be the same for every platform. Doing so would partly hurt the game's multi-platform status as the level of enjoyment may be much less on some versions, such as Steam. There should be different controls for each version to ensure the game stays fun regardless of how it is played. This also applies to the UI.

Post #: 461
8/18/2016 7:23:13   
RKC

I am not playing this game on my ROG laptop anymore. It just made my system crashed.

People are talking about the gameplay and stuff but man does it breaks your machine
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 462
8/19/2016 15:20:39   
Stonehawk

I played yesterday, but now the game is only a black screen. Was there an update that made my system not support the game?

http://tinypic.com/r/2mxfw3l/9

< Message edited by Stonehawk -- 8/19/2016 15:21:51 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 463
8/19/2016 16:06:34   
overdead

I'm experiencing lag for the first time..

And please please fix the experience curve at around level 7-8-9-10. Doomwood is barely possible to do coming fresh from the cave.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 464
8/22/2016 1:06:52   
Oliver Bell
AK in Limbo!

quote:

Second, the XP curve. I wholeheartedly agree with jerubal's point: you need too much XP to hit the right level ranges. You have to farm, farm and farm again.

Have to agree with this point but I imagine it will be sorted out after Beta, if memory serves AQW Beta had some xp curve problems as well. There is so little to do right now they need to stretch it out a little, or the servers would be much emptier and less bugs found.

As for content I have some trouble finding a team for dungeons, something that should even out as proper friend lists are introduced and the player base go up on launch. The remaining content is not bad, though some of the quests do get repetative very quickly. Once again the repetativeness is mitigated if you can find a good partner/team to work with as you complete them.

Crafting is a nice addition to the game though I can understand the frustration people have with some drops, once again this will probably be improved a little after Beta. The decision to prevent secondary currancy being used for the best crafted items is probably a good one for players in the long run, similar to how AQW works.

Difficulty is not really an issue at the moment, at lv 8 you can easily beat a lv8 enemy. You neeed to be fully equipped though to progress reliably and against bosses you need a decent team, as previously mentioned it can be hard to get one. So once the contributing issues are ironed out people's issues with the difficulty should be dealt with as well.

Just some early thoughts, may post again after playing some more.

< Message edited by Oliver Bell -- 8/22/2016 1:19:40 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 465
8/22/2016 18:07:21   
DarkLore

Cysero gave it to me straight! My GPU is the cause. I can't change my computer at all. I'm not allowed. Don't ask why.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 466
8/22/2016 20:33:02   
Swordsman of Worlds

You aren't the only one. This issue hit a lot of people. Hard.

Any remote chance I had of playing the game on this laptop is dashed. Though I doubt it would've ran smoothly anyway. I currently (and even before I joined AQW) use a Windows XP laptop with specs below the game's minimum requirements listed on its Steam page. ...Yeah, I'm way overdue for a new laptop. If I can get a Windows 7 laptop with decent enough specs for as cheap as Cysero claims, there may be hope for me yet.

But think of the bright side: at least the problem is on our end, and doesn't hinder the game's development. That's what knocked Legend of Lore into the gutter.

@below
I'm well aware of the mobile version. I've never been one to play games on a smartphone, so I won't be bothering with those platforms.

< Message edited by Swordsman of Worlds -- 8/22/2016 23:45:31 >

AQW  Post #: 467
8/22/2016 21:21:39   
orc orc orc

Once it's out for mobile, you may have a chance to play the game. Android's coming this week, and eventually there's going to be an IoS version at launch.
Post #: 468
8/22/2016 21:47:39   
ShadowMoon

so what generation is a Intel® 4 Series Express Chipset Family? i know my pc is old(lenovo r400) & still plays aq3d just fine.
well as fine as it ever played it, as i have to have nothing else up but steam whilst playing it
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 469
8/22/2016 22:29:05   
DarkLore

I have an Android Galaxy S3! I only hope its good enough. At any rate, I'll suck it up and just play mobile. I hope the game isn't a battery killer, doesn't heat up my phone too much, and doesn't lag horribly.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 470
8/23/2016 8:33:54   
Master in the wind

I knew this stupid refurbished computer would come to haunt me one day. I was playing the game perfectly fine though so I never thought this would happen...
I guess I'll have to play on my S5 but I reaaaally don't like mobile gaming, but who knows, they might just do an amazing job and I'll love it.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 471
8/24/2016 12:23:59   
supercowman24

I would like to suggest an overhaul of the inventory system. Personally, in any MMO with lots of neat looking outfits I enjoy collecting and mixing/matching. The AQ art-style has always been wonderful, and as such I tend to collect in these games. However the current inventory system becomes cumbersome after 3-4 outfits have been obtained.

Perhaps either: Organize by slot, Tabs with a list of items for unlocking, or frankly anything easier to navigate than a straight list >>
AQ DF  Post #: 472
8/25/2016 7:01:25   
orc orc orc

I've just played the game on mobile, and it works surprisingly smoothly. Even smoother than on Steam. While the controls are a little hard to get used to, they're better than the PC controls imo. Movement commands and camera adjustments are separate which make moving around easier using the touch controls. It's not perfect though. I haven't found a way to turn around in mobile like I can on Steam. Plus, there isn't a way to zoom or minimize the camera in mobile. I'd appreciate them addressed even if the smoother camera controls mitigate them somewhat. It's nice to have more.
I also hope there is an option to auto-rotate the camera while moving left or right. That would make navigation easier during combat and decrease the burden of having to readjust the camera very often.

Aside from the controls, the UI needs an improvement. The buttons are too small which can make using skills and jumping troublesome on mobile. If there's a way for us to customize the screen mapping, that'd be amazing.

I'm elated that the game works excellently on my phone, which isn't the most powerful or up-to-date. What also surprises me is the fairly low size of the app. It is remarkable as it's friendly to low-storage phones like mine. The game definitely lives up to its multi-platform status in terms of performance.

< Message edited by orc orc orc -- 8/25/2016 7:04:35 >
Post #: 473
8/29/2016 4:46:44   
SlyCooperFan1

There have been a lot of bugs introduced in recent updates as far as combat is concerned. Status cooldowns on the UI don't seem to match up anymore because they seem to be delayed in actually counting down, and enemy patrol paths aren't synced up with the server anymore, meaning that they show up on one part of the map when they're actually on another part. Aggro is screwed up as a result, making traversing between the levels insanely difficult. And of course, there's the area quest bugs where they don't close when you complete them unless you manually close them. (While typing this up, I also discovered that, even though I have 980 potions and not the "max" stack of 999, I can't pick up any more potions because it's a hacked stack amount. Please increase the stack to truly 999 if you guys can.)

I'm also noticing a really annoying difficulty curve in the dungeons. I've completed Whitaker Forest's area quests (again) but its dungeons are still way too difficult for myself and two other players to complete. There's a huge amount of enemies that are all clumped together, and they're hardly "Level 6" or "Level 7" enemies. Their HP and attack damage is more like Level 15 or 20.

EDIT: Re-reading this topic, even just this page, makes me realize that there's a lot of agreement on the issues presented. Azan's post near the top of the page sums up a lot of the balancing issues perfectly, and also mentions the low drop rate that I hadn't even thought of.

I know that Closed Beta was kinda pushed out the door. I didn't invest my hard-earned money into the game to get "pushed out the door" bugs and difficulty curves. This isn't a fun game anymore. Even AQW is fun in some ways when grinding, but this isn't fun. Please, guys, I don't want AQ3D to fall flat on its face because it wasn't balanced properly or its bugs weren't fixed. I'd rather have a massive list of fixed bugs than Pumpkin Lord Armor for Mogloween. (I mean, I'll take Pumpkin Lord Armor, but you get what I mean.)

tl;dr I want to see AQ3D succeed, and it's not there right now.

< Message edited by SlyCooperFan1 -- 8/29/2016 4:48:27 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 474
8/29/2016 15:45:10   
ShadowMoon

indeed, for something thats supposed to be casual play it sure has taken a nose dive out of that area since pre-beta and has become to much of a grind.
monsters should not have such a huge range, its just annoying especially when your doing a gathering quest and getting hit by snveeil thats no where near you
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 475
Page:   <<   < prev  17 18 [19] 20 21   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest 3D] >> AdventureQuest 3D General Discussion >> RE: =AQ3D= Feedback Thread
Page 19 of 30«<1718192021>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition