Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AQ3D= Staff Information Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest 3D] >> AdventureQuest 3D General Discussion >> RE: =AQ3D= Staff Information Thread
Page 2 of 2<12
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/28/2015 17:02:16   
SonicTbear

I agree that an AQ3D Kickstarter is a bad idea for a game that has potential to be awesome. As G Man said:
quote:

1: MANY Kickstarters fail.
Many Kickstarters fail for many different reasons. I can see AQ3D's failing for this exact reason: AQW and ED have ruined AE. This causes most people to not only hate those games, but AE as a whole. If people see an AQ3D Kickstarter, they're going to recognize the company who makes it quickly and completely ignore them and not pay them a single cent because of AE's reputation for their two biggest games and the bad rap their (former) players given them. Honestly, I wouldn't blame them. All I can just say is, it's too late to redeem AQW and ED, but don't kill AQ3D off immediately just because you want to bet your company in a game of poker. Just take it slow and keep making money how you make money: Upgrades and Premium Secondary Currencies.

< Message edited by SonicTbear -- 10/28/2015 17:03:00 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 26
10/28/2015 17:27:33   
David the Wanderer
Legendary AK!

From the Kickstater FAQ page

quote:

If a project is successfully funded, Kickstarter applies a 5% fee to the funds collected. Our payments processor will also apply payment processing fees (roughly 3-5%). The complete fee breakdowns are available here.

If funding isn't successful, there are no fees

So, you see, making a Kickstarter isn't risky, not financially. So, in my opinion, AE should definitely try to make a Kickstarter for AQ3D. Worst outcome, the Kickstarter fails and they lost nothing, and can try other ways to fund the game. Best outcome, they get the money they need to make the game (and more) and they draw in new people through word-of-mouth and backers sharing the project to their friends. This is not a "game of poker".
DF AQW  Post #: 27
10/28/2015 18:07:27   
SonicTbear

Really? That's great news! Then it's not a bad idea to put AQ3D on Kickstarter!

...but they're still not gonna be successful due to the reason mentioned above...
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 28
10/28/2015 18:43:31   
Azan

Above: I don't think we can say this early "the Kickstarter will succeed" or "the Kickstarter will fail". We'll have to wait and see. And contribute.
Post #: 29
10/29/2015 9:29:32   
David the Wanderer
Legendary AK!

@SonicTber: Excuse me, but do you know how a Kickstarter works? It doesn't matters how many people don't pledge, but how many and how MUCH they do pledge. You don't have to get everybody to contribute, nobody could do that. You have to just get enough people to pledge.

Also, I doubt people who don't like AE would get attracted by AQ3D. The name and logo of the company is proudly displayed everywhere. Making a Kickstarter wouldn't change anybody's opinion on the company. A Kickstarter is an exercise in PR and marketing. The success of a Kickstarter is determined by how good you are at convincing people that your project is the one they want to fund.
DF AQW  Post #: 30
10/29/2015 11:12:19   
Evangel

The fact that they're looking to Kickstarter to continue funding AQ3D doesn't bode well for the project. I honestly don't think a Kickstarter for AQ3D is going to be successful.

I'm curious, how many mobile game Kickstarters have actually been successful? I suggested to Cysero that they should scale back on the platforms they're developing for and he stated that meant developing it for nothing at all since mobile is their primary platform. Web is nothing but a second thought for them. Someone else suggested focusing on Steam, but he responded that they don't have the money to. In all honesty, this whole "get our games on every platform possible" approach might seem good on paper, but in execution doesn't seem to be a very good idea.

There are very specific archetypes of mobile games that are very successful and AQ3D isn't one of them.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 31
11/3/2015 6:20:34   
LadyYennifer

With the recent departure of Ashendale from AE. MechQuest has basically shut down as he was keeping that afloat by himself for free.

I hope AQ3D is successful but without taking devs away from other games like AQW stole almost everybody from DragonFable and reduced the game to a small team.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 32
11/3/2015 6:58:43   
SonicTbear

quote:

I hope AQ3D is successful but without taking devs away from other games like AQW stole almost everybody from DragonFable and reduced the game to a small team.

^And this is exactly why an AQ3D Kickstarter will fail. This is why people won't pledge. This is why most people who played AQW (or ED) hate AE and will ignore them if they see them on Kickstarter. Well, at least one of the reasons. And this isn't unconstructive by the way for those who are wondering... ^_^
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 33
11/3/2015 10:42:32   
David the Wanderer
Legendary AK!

@SonicTbear: But wouldn't a Kickstarter allow AE to hire people to work on AQ3D?

Also, let me get this straight: people hate AE because AQW took staff members from other AE games which they loved? That seems... roundabout.
DF AQW  Post #: 34
11/3/2015 10:59:02   
SonicTbear

quote:

Well, at least one of the reasons.
I didn't say that was the only one. The main point was the decisions AE made with AQW, one of them being taking away other games' staff to help better the game, but still being unable to make players happy in AQW with new staff. Sometimes it makes the players who like other AE games other than AQW (or ED) angry to lose a beloved staff member to work on something they like less.

And before they hire staff, they need the funds to do so. Failing a Kickstarter might not kill the game before it starts, but it's still better not to put it up and just continue to sell people memberships/secondary currency in-game or through the Portal site.

< Message edited by SonicTbear -- 11/3/2015 11:00:59 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 35
11/3/2015 13:49:11   
Ninjaty

@above: Actually, the vast majority of the people I've spoken to about AQW seems incredibly happy with it. Bear in mind that the forums consists of far, far less than even 1% of AE's players. If AQW was as hated as you suggest, it wouldn't be thriving like it is. These forums are the only places where I have heard any sort of actual dislike towards AQW, with most other places have had only minor complaints, but overall liked the game very much. It's AE's most beloved and successful game by far, and for good or bad, there is just no way to get around that.

< Message edited by Ninjaty -- 11/3/2015 13:51:08 >
Post #: 36
11/3/2015 14:47:40   
SonicTbear

Well, being peed off by this company (well, just AQW and ED only) too much due to too many in-game issues makes me see the negative in their games. (again, only AQW and ED) It turns me into a pessimist. I want AQ3D to survive and be the best darn game that AE has ever made, but I'm just saying that there are people out there who hate AQW (and ED) and won't either pay them a dime or if they already bought stuff, never support them again. Most people in-game might like AQW (and ED), but, including the forums, there is a vast majority of people who hate it. Again, stuff pees me off, so I'm just one of those players. And depression, joblessness, being the only game that you can actually play with payment being optional and not forced (looking at you, WoW; you're a great game, but I can't support your butts each month...), and other painful personal life issues doesn't help either. If I switch to WoW, since AQ3D is coming to phones I'd totally keep playing as I'd have a major game to play for BOTH computer AND mobile, but I don't want AQ3D to be a trainwreck. While Kickstarter failing won't hurt them, it won't hurt them IMMEDIATELY. They might get hurt with the memberships/secondary currency if they fail, but it's safer to try it the way they've been doing and they'll die later than would they have did Kickstarter.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 37
11/4/2015 2:33:17   
Ninjaty

I too have seen bad in AE, but in different places than you. I have come to absolutely hate some of the staff members of AE, because they fail to honor the work and words of those who worked on the games before them. I have seen great legacies ruined by such ignorance, and then have the individuals responsible claim that it became better for it. Sure, some would agree, while others would not.

I hope that AQ3D raises the bar for what staff members are allowed to influence, and makes them act more respectful when dealing with the games. They have to remember one simple thing: They're not making the games for themselves, they are making them for the players. My hope for AQ3D is that more staff members remember this. Some certainly do, but others keep losing perspective to their own ego. Fortunately, some of the worst in that respect are gone now, but there may be more lurking in the shadows.
Post #: 38
11/4/2015 9:14:19   
David the Wanderer
Legendary AK!

The problem with raising money through Memberships, Special Currency, Heromart and other special offers is that it's not enough. As Cysero said, the income from AQW (which is their most successful game) isn't enough to support the development of AQ3D until the game is able to support its own weight. They need a lot of money now, not slowly building a pile out of the scraps of the other games, or the development for this game will shut down. That's why they're looking at Kickstarter: it's one (relatively safe) way to raise a lot of money relatively fast.

Also, I don't see how the Kickstarter failing would hurt them, other than not being able to continue developing AQ3D. It wouldn't involve the other games. And what if people who dislike AE see the Kickstarter? It won't influence what the other games are doing, it wouldn't change their opinion of the company... As I said, one should think about how many people WILL support the Kickstarter, not how many WON'T.
DF AQW  Post #: 39
11/7/2015 22:47:59   
SnakeYear

Ok, I know this is put very bluntly, but: trying to do something, even if it might fail, isn't that better than not doing anything at all? Because no matter now slim the odds, there is still a chance of success. AE using Kickstarter to support the development of AQ3D is like that. Why not give it a chance?
AQ AQW  Post #: 40
12/13/2015 16:38:07   
  Elryn

Custodian (DF)

From Artix on the Kickstarter page's comments:

quote:

This weekend was an incredible flood of support from our gaming community! We were certainly not expecting it to hit 100% this early O_O The way Kickstarter workds, campaigns continue until their end date even if they are reached early. (Ours is January 1st.) So, we will add stretch goals on Monday for more features and functionality... and we should start preparing some sort of online celebration. Ideas!?
AQ  Post #: 41
12/22/2015 1:04:56   
Lord Noonien Soong

Good job on the art for this guy for sure.

like the dark theme particularly given to this one.
DF  Post #: 42
6/9/2016 10:59:04   
Arthur
How We Roll Winner
Dec14

#CyseroTweets

Link to Tweet: https://twitter.com/Cysero/status/740630054263246848

quote:

Some ghostly warriors, coming to a dungeon near you. (courtesy of the skilled @XeroAE)! http://AQ3D.com

Image: There you go!

DF MQ AQW  Post #: 43
8/29/2016 12:54:30   
Dr Disrespect
Helpful!

quote:

Cysero
‏@Cysero
"Preview Mode" has been disabled. People without Early Access can no longer play directly after account creation. SozNotSoz.

Link to tweet

quote:

dagetheevil ‏@DageTheEvil
Last pumpkin Lord Preview for awhile >:P Link to GIF

Link to tweet

< Message edited by GojetaDragon08 -- 8/29/2016 12:58:22 >
Post #: 44
11/25/2020 21:12:09   
Cici Foxface

I have witnessed a glitch in Dr. Trollenstein's lab, in both the dungeon for the lower level players and the dungeon for the higher level players. Is this a good place to post pictures about it? I am asking before I do so in case this is the wrong place to post them.
Post #: 45
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest 3D] >> AdventureQuest 3D General Discussion >> RE: =AQ3D= Staff Information Thread
Page 2 of 2<12
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition