Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=AQ3D= Design Notes September 2nd, 2015: Building maps in AQ3D

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest 3D] >> AdventureQuest 3D General Discussion >> =AQ3D= Design Notes September 2nd, 2015: Building maps in AQ3D
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/3/2015 7:41:01   
  Zyrain
The Arcane

quote:

Yergen
Cavernous

Building maps in AQ3D
By Yergen on Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Yergen here, I've been working on so much for AQ3D. Keeping everyone on task, setting up the armor and weapon art, creating fx for the game, and helping Llussion building maps. WHEW! Building maps has been a lot of fun but requires an attention to detail that I am not used to. When you do it right though it's a good win.

To be specific I am merely compiling the great 3D work that Llussion has made and putting them together in Unity. It's kind of like a model set.

Once I place all the pieces together where I want I get to add lighting. When you first place the lights they are white and it just lights up the scene. The white lights are a great start but the need... more. Then I go through the lights and start changing the colors to make the scene feel more dynamic. Once you have all the lights you want you "bake" a lightmap to apply your lights to the scene.

That's about it for right now. I'll show more later!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
9/3/2015 8:38:45   
Evangel

Guessing this is the next Doomwood area? Looks cool. Pretty lights from the aerial view.

Speaking of maps, new GreenGuard North preview.

< Message edited by Evangel -- 9/3/2015 16:57:15 >

AQ DF AQW  Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest 3D] >> AdventureQuest 3D General Discussion >> =AQ3D= Design Notes September 2nd, 2015: Building maps in AQ3D
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition