Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

New Battle Mechanics mainly focused on jugg

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> New Battle Mechanics mainly focused on jugg
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/11/2015 19:40:14   
Cyber Dream

This suggestion is based on 2v2 and jug but 1v1 is not excluded. I will also like to state that this feature is suggested only for the player who is the jugg

As we all know, Jugg is broken right now and from what I read and the looks of things the devs have given up on ED? That's just my observation from skimming through posts. But lets get into action!

The concept of my idea is to introduce Offensive and Defensive turns. Here's an example. Round 1 (this is just a rough idea) A in game tab pops up in place of the skill bar and gives you the choice to pick offensive and defensive. Offensive allowing you to do attacks that will hurt the enemy, and defensive allowing you to do attacks that will benefit you as a fighter.(healing buffs,etc) note that this takes place in the same turn. I would also like the option to not be forced to used an offensive and defensive attack on the same turn meaning introuducing a button to "end your turn"

• Now with this idea I want to reimagine the mana bar. Lets say the mana bar represents the energy you have to do the moves. If you only choose to use an offensive attack and not an defensive attack, then you save mana...as simple as that. I also want to make it more realistic. Lets say we give all the skills a fixed amount of mana and the amount that is drained when you use an offensive attack is determined by the defense and resistance of your opponent. So the tougher the opponent, the more mana it takes to use a skill.

This is just part of my idea, I will add more to the post as the week goes on. PLEASE SHARE CONSTRUCTIVE CRITISIM

< Message edited by Cyber Dream -- 9/11/2015 19:42:40 >
  • AQW Epic  Post #: 1
    9/11/2015 19:48:34   
    shadow.bane

Flash limitations .
    AQW Epic  Post #: 2
    9/11/2015 19:57:14   
    Cyber Dream

Flash limitations? But what would flash exactly limit from this idea? Excuse me if I sound stupid for a little bit because I know nothing about flash lol but the only thing I could see limited by flash is using offensive and defensive moves in the same turn? If that's the case then could this be worked around the stun mechanics? Stunning an opponent is the exact same as having 2 turns in a row, but in this case it would be 1 turn.
    AQW Epic  Post #: 3
    9/11/2015 21:05:48   
    Foulman

"Flash limitations" is the dev's way of saying no.
    AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 4
    9/11/2015 21:15:05   
    One Winged Angel1357

Incorrect Foulman.

No is the Dev's way of saying No. Flash limitations from a dev means they looked into it or something similar to it and it was impossible. Depending on the player the words Flash Limitations mean I don't like/support the idea

To me this doesn't look like flash limitations but a complete overhaul to the battle engine for Jugg. That said any change you make to jugg will also impact 2v1 bosses as they are the same system and I don't know how I feel about buffing some 2v1 bosses like Lionhart by giving him an offensive and defensive turn when dealing with Rev
    AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 5
    9/11/2015 21:26:41   
    Cyber Dream

@one Winged im pretty sure some things could be tweaked regarding the npc 2v1 battles. Giving npcs an offensive and defensive turn on the same turn is an instant buff itself, meaning that the npc could be nerfed down regarding it's skills/dmg output. It could also make the devs reconsider how powerful future 2v1 bosses are going to be. But considering that most players want harder challenges, the 2v1 npcs should only receive a small nerf if necessary. Maybe it's just me but I really enjoy taking on hard challenges and being rewarded.
    AQW Epic  Post #: 6
    9/12/2015 1:29:13   
    Foulman

Ok, thanks, OWA for the clarification. I'm just annoyed that there's been no patch notes since a month ago.
    AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 7
    9/12/2015 4:55:38   
    shadow.bane

@OWA i have experience in flash and it means to me that it don't work , not (not supported) i liked his idea told him so in game ! but flash wont support this :)
    AQW Epic  Post #: 8
    9/12/2015 16:28:33   
      Exploding Penguin

I think flash limitations in this context is the wrong way of saying it. It's more just either a coding language limitation or that the programmers don't know or don't want to put the effort in to do this.
    Epic  Post #: 9
    9/12/2015 21:10:18   
    shadow.bane

@exploding , simple words? devs don't want put effort :p
    AQW Epic  Post #: 10
    Page:   [1]
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> New Battle Mechanics mainly focused on jugg
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition