Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: New Skill Suggestions to Eliminate Overlapping Skills

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> RE: New Skill Suggestions to Eliminate Overlapping Skills
Page 2 of 2<12
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/1/2015 22:02:09   
Cookiesaregood

Exploding Penguin I believe he meant a % of the persons current health so it probably isnt affected by anything but stealing health.

But I understand the point you where coming from. You were thinking damage versus defense wise
Post #: 26
11/1/2015 22:51:28   
  Exploding Penguin

%current health could be a really interesting mechanic, especially paired with energy parasite's %current energy effect, but it would definitely need a warm-up of 2+ turns to keep it balanced. And probably a bit of fine tuning on lowering the % by just a little.
Epic  Post #: 27
11/1/2015 23:27:48   
Silver Sky Magician

I'm really not sure how we're going to balance this skill against bosses. Very difficult to hit the sweet spot between completely OP and practically useless.

< Message edited by Silver Sky Magician -- 11/1/2015 23:29:32 >
Post #: 28
11/20/2015 2:22:41   
  Exploding Penguin

Just throwing out a couple more general ideas that aren't associated with any specific class.

No Name:

Generates a shield which blocks the next X amount of physical damage taken. Lasts up to 5 turns. At the start of your turn, if the shield has not yet been broken, recover some health. Poison does not deal damage to this shield.

Retrograde:
Can be cast on allies or enemies. High energy cost. Lasts 2 turns. Rather than taking damage, you recover health instead based off of the damage you would have taken. When dealing damage, you instead heal your target instead of dealing damage to them. Investing more skill points raises the conversion %. If the afflicted target attacks or takes damage while affected by Retrograde, then the Retrograde effect ends instantly afterwards. Heals on the retrograded target instead damage them using the same conversion rate.

< Message edited by Exploding Penguin -- 11/21/2015 17:07:57 >
Epic  Post #: 29
11/20/2015 21:31:14   
kittycat

Blood Transfusion was intended to be based on current health, with have a maximum health drain of 150 Health per turn.
AQ MQ  Post #: 30
11/21/2015 2:17:53   
Foulman

Exploding Penguin, would Retrograde affect Blood Shield, MoB, BC, Poison, Medic, Supercharge or Surgical?
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 31
11/21/2015 5:36:32   
Silver Sky Magician

Retrograde is way, way too OP. Even level 1 Retrograde would mean complete damage mitigation from presumably all sources and a small heal to boot. Plus, as a skill, it's reusable. It is somewhat similar to the Cyber Yeti core, which is what we'd consider balanced, and only then because it's a one-time use core, not a skill.

No Name is interesting, though I'd prefer that the health regeneration effect be eliminated to avoid balance issues. Why just 'physical damage' though - does this mean only damage to HP?
Post #: 32
11/21/2015 15:54:42   
Foulman

How about an Energy version of Retrograde?
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 33
11/21/2015 16:47:26   
Daph Duck

Les just be honest les just be real... This game willl end before even 1 skill happens. They have not made big changes in years, u really think they'll start when 90% of players have moved on?

< Message edited by Daph Duck -- 11/21/2015 16:48:31 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 34
11/21/2015 17:24:54   
  Exploding Penguin

Sorry, here are some clarifying details I forgot to include:

-For the skill with no name, poison simply doesn't damage the shield but will instead directly damage health as usual. The skill also has a long cooldown
-Physical damage means physical damage, not energy damage. So energy weapons and skills like plasma bolt would just damage the target as if the shield were never there.
-The skill with no name serves mostly as a general defensive skill. It can be used to drop fast, bursty kills or it can be used to generally heal some health over time, so the enemy has to make a judgement call of whether or not they want to break the shield very quickly to stop the health regeneration or they want to ignore the HoT and instead try and go in for a quick, bursty kill through energy damage
-The skill with no name will have its numbers work so that it will NOT be cost-efficient at all if the physical shield is broken on turn one or two, unless the physical shield would have otherwise prevented a kill.
-Retrograde does NOT have a long cooldown (probably just 3 turns) but will have a moderately high energy cost.
-Retrograde also makes heals do damage, just as damage becomes heals. Thus, it is basically a high-energy cost skill which sticks the target in a state where they're just kind of stuck at their current health. You don't want to attack the target, but that target doesn't want to heal either. Its primary use would be to stall a turn (or 2) for a player at the cost of a lot of energy, revolving a lot around coordinated strategy in particularly 2v2. Also don't forget that the target who is affected by retrograde cannot deal damage to others or heal allies because it is just straight-up going to end with a negative outcome for that person.
-Because of the above listed factors, retrograde would be a very situational skill that tries to introduce a playstyle more involved around manipulation of cooldowns for both you and your opponent.

Hope this clarifies some of your initial thoughts everyone.
Epic  Post #: 35
11/21/2015 20:25:29   
Silver Sky Magician

@Exploding Penguin

Skill with no name definitely sounds really interesting now. Difficult to balance but a worthy idea to consider.

Retrograde sounds more similar to the Lionhart's Shield core now, which seems to me generally better for the job. Plus the problem with Retrograde is that level 1 investment will be enough, since the deterrent effect is so overwhelming even at level 1 that additional investment is unnecessary. Furthermore, in 2v2, Retrograde will drastically nerf multi attacks. It's a skill that will bring great imbalance with little perceivable benefit, since there's already the more balanced Lionhart's Shield core.
Post #: 36
11/25/2015 13:32:21   
  Exploding Penguin

Lacerate: BH Skill (Wrist Blades Required)

Strike the target, dealing 100% strike damage and debuffing them for up to 5 turns. While debuffed, the target takes increased damage and energy drain from all sources. A laceration can be healed immediately by field medic. Investment in skill points increases the % of increased damage and drain.
Epic  Post #: 37
12/7/2015 0:21:29   
Silver Sky Magician

To replace Artillery Strike on Mercs:

Plasma Bombardment. Energy version of Artillery Strike.

To replace Intimidate on Mercs:

Isolation. Support debuff, scales with STR.

To replace Battery Backup on TMs:

Energy Flow. Restores 110 energy per turn for 3 turns, 4-turn cooldown. Improves by 1 Energy Restored every 0.6 levels above 20 and weakens by 1 Energy Restored every 0.3 levels below 20, like Battery Backup i.e. 363 energy restored over 4 turns at level 40.

Post #: 38
12/7/2015 1:48:31   
  Exploding Penguin

^Isolation would be a lot more interesting on the merc tree if support had a larger impact on rage gain. That way Merc could be shifted more towards a class that controls rage in a battle quite well with its raw damage skills, surgical strike, and rage-boosting buffs. But looking at support as just a stat I don't find it too reliable to invest skill points into. Intimidate is very useful because so many different skills scale with strike damage in one way or another but the only immediate, guaranteed benefits from support would be rage gain reduction, aux damage reduction (Which will probably only be used once during the debuff), and skill effect reduction. It's way too situational of a skill to run, but I think it could be made a lot more interesting if the focus is on reinforcing what Merc is already quite strong at rather than looking to counter certain builds.
Epic  Post #: 39
12/11/2015 21:15:25   
The berserker killer

Well i'd like to put this out there:

Field Commander and Blood Commander, being that they are the only stat buff moves in a game for a weak stat (strength) should be changed and be unaffected by cores such as azraels borg or aux. I would also like to suggest the following changes:

FIeld commander: Grants a % increase to all stats for 4 turns

Lvl 1: 1% increase on each stat
Lvl 2: 2% increase
Lvl 3: 3% increase
Lvl 10:10% increase on each stat

Blood commander could use a slight buff given in strength given now that strength is nerfed alot

< Message edited by The berserker killer -- 12/11/2015 21:17:03 >
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 40
1/10/2016 2:29:31   
  Exploding Penguin

Sorry if this is a necropost but I am going to treat this as an official thread and therefore will continue to suggest ideas should I come up with any.

Flame Barrier: Replaces Tech Mage's Defense Matrix
Gives the caster physical defense for 3 turns, scaling with support (overall defense buff is slightly less than defense matrix). While the barrier persists, enemies who use direct attacks against the caster suffer a burn effect for the next 2 turns. While burned, they take damage equal to 5-10% of their current health (based off of skill point investment) and their healing from any source is reduced by 30%. Skill point investment increases the defense buff and burn damage.

Epic  Post #: 41
1/10/2016 3:50:20   
kittycat

Shock Wave (replace BM's Overload)
Damage is 250+Dex*2.5, Staff required. (Can be affected by stat reductions)
Stun Chance increases by 2%,

EP Cost: 125+15*(Level-1)

Level 1: 22% Stun
Level 2: 24% Stun
Level 10: 40% Stun

Armor Buster (Replace CH's Malfunction)
Reduce opponent resistance by a % for 3 rounds.

Level 1: 17%
Level 2: 19%
Level 10: 35%

Hammer Slam (Replace TLM's Double Strike)
EP Cost: 135+15*Level
Deals 100% physical damage on first hit, Has a % chance of a second hit for 75% damage, requires club.
Level 1: 40%
Level 2: 43%
Level 10: 67%

< Message edited by kittycat -- 1/10/2016 3:57:32 >
AQ MQ  Post #: 42
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> RE: New Skill Suggestions to Eliminate Overlapping Skills
Page 2 of 2<12
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition