Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =DF= October 21, Design Notes: Greatest Moments

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= October 21, Design Notes: Greatest Moments
Page 4 of 4<1234
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/24/2015 2:48:09   
lordkaho
Creative!

Definitely the climax for the entire Orb saga, because everything in Dragonfable since 2006 had culminated into that long,epic showdown that was a couple of years in the making.

The recent chapters have high production values and the quality shows, but for me, fighting Sepulchure and the Shadowscythes will always be the definitive chapter of Dragonfable.
DF MQ  Post #: 76
10/24/2015 16:33:10   
Carnaxslayer5000

I'll be honest, I came into DragonFable not expecting it to match up to the AdventureQuest I grew up with for many years, but this game totally exceeded all my expectations. It took me a while to get into the swing of things, but I came to really love this game. And there were so many amazing moments for me. First, I loved the whole scene where I talked about how I hatched the egg, and then my sweet Selena (my dragon) talking about how she tried to "hatch" me brought it around full circle. Then I was introduced to the SoulWeavers through the war part of the Tomix Saga part 3, and became immediately interested with the powers and abilities of the class. But as I quested with Tomix to learn the secrets of the SoulWeaver, not only did the saga blow me away with the deep personal history of Tomix himself, but also the lore behind the SoulWeaver itself. The most heartbreaking moment for me was at the end of part 3 of the Tomix Saga, and seeing the cutscene while I'm alone always makes me cry, it was just that emotional. Some of my favourite boss fights have been the final bosses of Book 1 and 2 due to the sheer scale of what we had to face, but this game still makes me happy every single time I play it =)

Edit: Okay, doing the recent release was pretty funny, especially with the music. And when I saw the weapon description, I literally burst into laughter and ended up rolling around on the floor laughing my head off

< Message edited by Carnaxslayer5000 -- 10/24/2015 16:50:38 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 77
10/24/2015 18:32:15   
popinloopy

My favorite moments? There are plenty...
From the simple humor of trying to hatch the dragon egg, to the somber death of Warlic, to Warlic being brought back and his statue being defaced with a "he got better" scratched into it, to the Tomix saga... All of it, very lovable. Entirely unforgettable. Mostly, though, I like the ideas of the game. "Watch out for that plot hole" is a fun one, but moreso I like the ideas it gives US. Who is that man standing where Robina once stood? Well, everyone has a theory. What will happen to Sepulchure? Everyone has a theory. There's a theory or headcannon for everything, and that's what I love the most. That, and of course the lovely community and staff. Everyone is super nice (or in the case of Ash, refreshingly serious).

Oh, and of course solving the CMCs way back when. Heh, those were a lot of fun.

(Also I have like that Artix and Vayle have a common connection to the darkness realm, if we follow the AQW version of Artix. Childhood friends, both linked to darkness, grew up in a village where everyone died, Artix turned good and Vayle turned to the arts of evil but for a good purpose... Heck, even in the end Artix helps her out with Noxus. There's just something amazing about those two. I think they would continue to be great friends if they didn't part ways.)

< Message edited by popinloopy -- 10/24/2015 18:33:27 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 78
1/8/2016 22:24:52   
Verecundi Animus

So since Geopetal mentioned this in the Archivist Test Thread (or what is essentially the Archivist Test Thread) and due to the fact Archivist was just released in testing I guess this means we can resurrect this thread?

The SMUDD is definitely one of DF's highest points, for what it's worth. I suppose the egg hatching kinda references it? ... actually also putting the rainbow egg hatching animation in would be hilarious.

< Message edited by Verecundi Animus -- 1/8/2016 22:35:02 >
Post #: 79
1/9/2016 3:40:25   
Rafiq von den Vielen

My 'greatest' moment has got to be the Tomix saga. Not only that it hit me straight into the feels (which does not happen often in games) but that I am a fan of the entire line behind it.

Serenity becoming Caitiff also is high, very high, and I vow that my secondary will never rest until he rips Valtrith's heart out for good (if he even has one) and restores Serenity to what she once was, no matter how little the chance.
Post #: 80
1/9/2016 7:01:27   
Mystical Warrior
Helpful!

Greatest moment and an interesting one would be the very beginning, whether if you chose to punt twilly, the monster will get increased damage but far less BTH because of their rage. But if you chose to help twilly, you get a buff where it increases pet/guest damage, if its possible for buffs to affect your guests at least, maybe the most simplest way to this is get a flat +Cha bonus.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 81
1/9/2016 11:00:53   
supersonic805

How about when you unthaw? That could be a defence animation, refreezing yourself for resistance to elements. Otherwise, my favourite moment is split between Ash's final attack, and Drakonnan's dialogue while fighting you. You can see how angry he is. The fact I wasn't using the Vanilla Ice Kanata took from the effect though.
DF  Post #: 82
6/10/2016 3:35:46   
Brasca123

Perhaps the 13th saga, it's the only book 3 saga I'm playing since I'm still at book 1 (I do read all spoiler tags of current releases though), guess the shadowscythe comeback is a lot more interesting to me than the side quests from tomix saga or the greyish quests from the rose saga.

funny how even though I'm a pretty inactive warmonger, my first counterbreak was something that held no feeling to me at all... maybe it is because I got it in 5-8 hours, which was basically the time until I learned how to use the catapult, and the rest was BOOMING.

< Message edited by Brasca123 -- 6/10/2016 3:37:54 >
AQ DF  Post #: 83
6/10/2016 8:27:14   
Rio3678

the Roiir Saga

Master of Light and Darkness
Rio Skyron
with Bianca, my blade of Destiny
theme song
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 84
6/10/2016 12:58:02   
CrescentScythe

There are so many good moments. Elemental Orbs, Tomix Saga, Elemental Dissonance, etc.

One moment that stands out to me was the hatching of the Dragon Egg. That basically set the precedence of the game. It isn't Dragonfable without your very own Dragon!
Post #: 85
6/10/2016 13:34:51   
Samirasaid

The coolest and memorable moments were 8. 1) When we fight with Greed in human form, he's using the wheel of judgment, with those incredible attacks. 2) When Sepulchure, joined the hero to defeat the Dragon 🐲 Drakath, frankly, to see that his power, to lift many shadows of the Earth with the symbol of the Shadowsycthe was pretty cool for me. 3) a moment that made me confident was when Artix abandoned his light axe, to catch the giant hammer just to fight against the gigantic Undead Edgar, Necromantress Vayle's brother. 4) When I met the Queen of Ice Pallor, that scared you got caught by darkness, wanted the Vayle wings to control the darkness, but her power is really good not to mention all the creative beauty of Pallor, no doubt I wanted to resurrect her to attack my enemies If you could add in Archivist. 5) When we play as Aspar, honestly, it was the first time that we did and we come in contact with the elementals, spirits, Aspar's powers are fatal, both the thorns, as Giants recover life with the laser beams in attacks against enemies. 6) tomix's death, that moment made me cry a lot, as if I was losing a person in real life. I always outIf Tomix for my bad difficult missions and see him sacrificing himself was shocking and exciting. 7) That was totally new to me, it was the moment I saw the Queen Safiria fuss with the treason of vampires and punish Fraeday for that. I'd really like to see her fighting or in one of the skills of Archivist, she showed up to extract the blood of the enemy, just as she did with the vampire that raised a silver spear in Safiria. 8) Two times in return and exciting, went to see the Clawkins being captured by Soldiers Rose, another when they said goodbye to Sam the Soldier Rose, Espina Rosa, Sulen'Eska mission, was heartbreaking.
DF  Post #: 86
6/14/2016 19:09:09   
Kaizoku

For me it's saving Moonridge. I'm not an active player by any means, but I was very heavily invested in the Darkness Orb saga all the way through.
I stayed up all night fighting, just 'cause I was that excited.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 87
6/15/2016 0:40:03   
ravsuv

This game is super nostalgic for me, I've been playing since I was 9 and the friend who introduced me to the game moved away when I was around 12. I think the most stand out moments have revolved around the necropolis, artix, and doom/destiny weapons. I remember grinding to like level 20 back when artix was super op and the pumpkin patch gave insane exp for your level. Getting my final strike was such a good feeling, felt so powerful. The next thing I remember is finally saving up enough money to buy the greatest weapon ever in my mind, the skullstaff of doom. After I tried it out on a couple quests, I purified it so I could have a light weapon to do the darkness orb questline. It was the first orb questline I had ever completed, and all of it seemed so epic, the gatekeeper was one of my favourite battles, and it was hilarious with artix choking right after you somehow managed to get through, meaning you had to fight the gatekeeper anyways. I also loved all the cut scenes with Noxus Fumes, he and his huge army were so intimidating, and I couldn't imagine the final battle with him. Vayle turning to your side and helping you and artix take him down was epic, and it was probably the hardest battle I had experienced to date.
Sorry for the wall of text.
DF  Post #: 88
6/15/2016 2:23:17   
lefanda

when I finally got my doomknight finally complete
and
spoiler:

tomix's death was saad R.I.P husbando :(
Post #: 89
6/15/2016 6:16:16   
Womba

quote:

Definitely the climax for the entire Orb saga, because everything in Dragonfable since 2006 had culminated into that long,epic showdown that was a couple of years in the making.

The recent chapters have high production values and the quality shows, but for me, fighting Sepulchure and the Shadowscythes will always be the definitive chapter of Dragonfable.

This. No use in me repeating something already said.
DF AQW  Post #: 90
6/25/2016 16:51:45   
Dragon Fighter

Most definitely Tomix's Saga, I literally was about to tear up and sob like a baby once he dissolved with dramatic music in the background.
I still hope that somehow he will resurrect from the dead, or at least replace Aegis(Sorry Aegis fans)/become your SECOND soulmate somehow,
but the thing is he doesn't even appear in that realm... Maybe he's just lost and we could rescue his soul somehow?...
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 91
6/25/2016 20:25:50   
xelessarx

Why doesn't anyone mention Frydae and Safiria's confrontation?

It was one ıf the most memorable moments for me. I was like "OMG! Safiria, you are - soo - badass!"

I also love the moment when Sep fainted whispering his lovers name. It was so touching to see even that evil guy with green blood and who is filled with darkness and hatred also had a heart.

Tomix Saga was also perfect as well as the scene we saw Serenity getting "destroyed" by Valtrith. I believe that all innkeepers of Falconreach are bound to die. Feeling sad for Spruce from now. He was cute ;(

Most of the scenes with Jaania are also memorable coz she is Jaania. "Whatever it takes..."
I want to have more interactions with her character! I hope staff puts at least one or two quests to the main saga before they finish Caitiff's.

P.S to who wrote upon me: I believe that it was clear from what I had seen that Tomix's soul was merged with his "soulless" brother's body in the end. He finally has red hair again! Yus!

< Message edited by xelessarx -- 6/25/2016 20:29:19 >
Post #: 92
6/26/2016 0:18:19   
Dark Lord Urmi

^ to me that safira moment was oh...looks like someone else fought my battles for me again..ok why would i feel good about becoming more and more obsolete.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 93
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= October 21, Design Notes: Greatest Moments
Page 4 of 4<1234
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition