Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Wishlist (with construcive criticism) for the next phase of ED

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Wishlist (with construcive criticism) for the next phase of ED
Page 1 of 3123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/21/2015 19:42:26   
Cyber Dream

This thread will be used to talk about the next stage of ED. Please use Constructive Criticism when describing what you like/dislike and what you would like to see heading into the next stages.

For example

-Here is what I don't like about ED at that moment.
1.)The lack of class/skill diversity

2.)Ranks

3.)Underdog Mode

4.)Juggernaut mode being unplayable

1.)The problem I have with classes/skill atm are the lack of choice we have. Classes are basically the same considering we have recycled skills. Recycled skills can bring an indirect problem to other classes. Lets say an recycled skills makes 1 class op while the same skill is the only hope for another class. Since the skill is making that one class op, it gets nerfed causing the other class to get a nerfed as well. This is hurting balance in my opinion. A solution for this would be to give each class their own skills to avoid indirect nerfs. Concerning the lack of classes, I think it would be best if ED released a horde of new classes...skills as well. It may be harder to balance considering our current skills/classes aren't balance yet, but it also may be easier to balance. Taking focus of 1 class/skill can lead to more diversity and the class/skill would be used less. But we have to keep in mind that the skills/classes we are taking focus off of are still good skill/classes. So the idea would to be to release skills/classes that can work as a counter to other skill/classes. But with the lack of Staff, I can see why this is far from being considered. They also have other projects they are working on atm, so their main focus isn't ED.

Due to the fact that I am using this as an example, I will leave the last 3 topics for later. But due take it mind, what I say is really how I feel :)
AQW Epic  Post #: 1
10/21/2015 20:53:50   
Silver Sky Magician

^

This is a problem we're actively trying to address, though our efforts will only ramp up in Jan next year when the guest team is freed up. We're currently trying to eliminate overlapping skills so each class's skills are completely unique. Do post your ideas and suggestions in this thread - this is a massive undertaking and we would really appreciate player input.
Post #: 2
10/21/2015 21:06:25   
DELTA BEING

what should the name of this new phase be?
Epic  Post #: 3
10/21/2015 21:20:41   
One Winged Angel1357

Phase changes seem to come with an overhaul to the game engine and with most of these issues being created in Omega phase there is no real reason to have a phase change for their removal.

Now if we were going to do a phase shift to EpicDuel, yes just drop the phase title so that a follow up game would be a logical EpicDuel 2.0, I would like to see the suggestion of level less EpicDuel. I also would like to be able to find the thread that housed that idea but I currently cannot so if anyone finds it please help me out with a link
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 4
10/21/2015 23:20:14   
  Exploding Penguin

@OWA: http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=22039310&mpage=1&key=�

Maybe the fixing of overlapping skills would just be almost enough to signify a new change already as it would completely shift the build types although not necessarily the meta. Anyways, I'm glad that the overlap issue is finally being addressed because I have been unfortunately incessantly bringing it up at every chance possible for the past 2 years or so.
Epic  Post #: 5
10/22/2015 12:28:07   
8x

I think that we're at a point where nothing can be done to completely fix ED. Personally, I wouldn't mind if devs stopped working on ED and set their sights on something bigger and better. ED was amazing at one point, who knows what they might make next (I'm thinking of BioBeasts as a learning experiment).

This is pretty much my reply to the "for the next phase of ED" part of the title.
Epic  Post #: 6
10/22/2015 18:16:21   
Cyber Dream

They're using BioBeasts to gain experience using Unity. After they gain enough experience, they will switch ED over to Unity.
AQW Epic  Post #: 7
10/22/2015 18:58:39   
One Winged Angel1357

Referring to it as a switch is giving it less credit than it deserves. Epicduel in unity would be an entirely new game based off of everything they had learned from Epicduel in flash
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 8
10/22/2015 19:17:28   
Cyber Dream

Lol, I though it would've been implied.
AQW Epic  Post #: 9
10/22/2015 19:23:12   
Rogue Ninja

@8x

quote:

I think that we're at a point where nothing can be done to completely fix ED. Personally, I wouldn't mind if devs stopped working on ED and set their sights on something bigger and better. ED was amazing at one point, who knows what they might make next (I'm thinking of BioBeasts as a learning experiment).

This is pretty much my reply to the "for the next phase of ED" part of the title.

At this point, they need to evolve ED to the next generation (Like unity). You are probably right that they're using Biobeast as a lab rat to get the hang of coding in unity. Comparing ED to HS and OS, ED lasted longer at being successful and that's amazing that they did. Though I still can't imagine of what this possible future ED would look like in unity.. I just can't make a picture of what it would look like except AQ3D.
AQW Epic  Post #: 10
10/22/2015 20:16:50   
One Winged Angel1357

@Cyber Dream it is safer to imply nothing when referring to EpicDuel and Unity after the FAQ covered many times that a port to Unity would not be possible and it is still something that is brought up to this day on things like my streams with Korin
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 11
10/23/2015 11:38:20   
FrostWolv

OFF TOPIC

played a match in ED after 11 months

Still the player base is very low

Is is game better than what it was 11 months ago?

ON TOPIC:

Make this game downloadable with better graphics?

For example:-
If you want to play with better graphics then download epicduel better graphics setup and IF you want to play on browser then play on epicduel.artix.com/play-now. Both having same flow of parameters and data so the other guy wont know from which platform you are playing and will show same result.

So question is how to add graphics to 2D game:-

can be made 2.5D
more flashy skills and power

Another option make something like MiniED which is playable at mobile .... there are many 3D mobile games .. but ED is 2D so it wont by that tough by making Mini Size characters of the original one.

There are many games that have adopted this method are are working better (pm me if you want the names)

It is just flash is being outdated. Truth is Websites are being outdated! (if you have heard of World Wide Web) and in near future next generation people will using mobile and tablets.

Epic  Post #: 12
10/23/2015 12:23:30   
8x

quote:

They're using BioBeasts to gain experience using Unity. After they gain enough experience, they will switch ED over to Unity.

lol, this is how false rumors get started.

quote:

At this point, they need to evolve ED to the next generation (Like unity). You are probably right that they're using Biobeast as a lab rat to get the hang of coding in unity. Comparing ED to HS and OS, ED lasted longer at being successful and that's amazing that they did. Though I still can't imagine of what this possible future ED would look like in unity.. I just can't make a picture of what it would look like except AQ3D.

I hope that they don't hang on to the thoughts of a "new" ED. They can't make a better ED than the one we had at one point in the past. What I tried to say in my post is, that I hope they make something new and original that will amaze us (not ED 2.0).
Epic  Post #: 13
10/23/2015 12:28:29   
Mother1

@8x

I personally hope that if they actually go on and convert everything all the progress that we made won't be lost meaning everyone will have the start over from scratch. A lot of older players will end up leaving if that happened.
Epic  Post #: 14
10/23/2015 13:53:12   
8x

quote:

@8x

I personally hope that if they actually go on and convert everything all the progress that we made won't be lost meaning everyone will have the start over from scratch. A lot of older players will end up leaving if that happened.

This is exactly why I would love to see them make a completely new and unique game. Because there is absolutely no way they would transfer our progress to a new ED game. They probably couldn't do it even if they wanted to.
Epic  Post #: 15
10/23/2015 16:01:48   
  WhiteTiger

Majestic Feline of AQ3D & ED

quote:

@8x

I have to agree with 8x here, I really can't see this happening. It's just like saying if Nintendo releases Pokemon X for Android and iOS, owners of Pokemon X on the 3DS should have their save state transferred to their mobile device.
AQW Epic  Post #: 16
10/23/2015 17:56:17   
Rogue Ninja

quote:

I hope that they don't hang on to the thoughts of a "new" ED. They can't make a better ED than the one we had at one point in the past. What I tried to say in my post is, that I hope they make something new and original that will amaze us (not ED 2.0).

You're right, ED can't be replaceable. Maybe it's just me stuck in the past, holding on this game until it comes back newly improve (that will never happen). Well, I'll try out their new game when it comes out and see how it goes.
AQW Epic  Post #: 17
10/23/2015 19:44:26   
Satafou

I wish i never spend any time or money on a game that will cease to exist within a few years.
Post #: 18
10/23/2015 20:31:01   
One Winged Angel1357

@Satafou then never buy a game with no single play content as it will cease to exist one day. It may not take seven plus years like EpicDuel is doing but any game without single player will die.

@The No more Ed movement. The next major game made by the developers would likely take place in the EpicDuel Universe as there is still a large amount of lore that has gone untouched. You have The Uprising as a major plot arc or whatever plot arc would follow the current main story we are slowly building up to.

Gameplay wise it may not even be EpicDuel but the story would likely still be EpicDuel as it is what the team knows better than anything. Example being BioBeasts is set in the EpicDuel universe but we have all seen it at this point and it doesn't play like EpicDuel
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 19
10/23/2015 21:23:53   
Silver Sky Magician

Personally I hope that the devs will make an ED 2.0 in the sense that the lore, missions and most game mechanics are replicated in the new game. I do hope that ED 2.0 will however be a radically different game. No ranks, for instance, and perhaps no levels too, with match-ups dependent on a rating system like chess that is based on your no. of wins and win ratio. But the skills and stat system should remain the same. We took over five years to balance ED, and we're still not done. Instead of starting over from scratch, I definitely think that we should build on what we have, which is pretty good IMO. If anything, current ED is still very valuable as it allows the devs to see what works and what doesn't in terms of balance, and just port missions over in terms of content.

Of course, I have to note here that ED 2.0 is far from a certainty and we're all not sure if it's feasible, devs included.

< Message edited by Silver Sky Magician -- 10/23/2015 21:29:30 >
Post #: 20
10/23/2015 21:35:41   
Cyber Dream

@Silver that's an idea some of us talked about a longggggg times ago but due to the lack of a forum base, our ideas barley catches any attention. One thing I would like to see in the future is a way to promote the community to use the forums. I know it can be done, a while back, we have polls introduced in game. If we can connect the forum ideas with in game polls then im pretty sure we will see a jump in the forum community.
AQW Epic  Post #: 21
10/23/2015 21:50:20   
One Winged Angel1357

Unfortunately forums will always be the minorities voice and polls often lead to misinformed voters. It isn't a perfect system in anyway but it is all we got.

As for lack of attention almost no post goes unread it is just that we don't respond to everything. Again not a perfect system but trust me we are reading almost* everything and we do have a lot of talks behind closed doors.

*Sometimes the AK's kill threads before we can read them but they are at least reading them
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 22
10/23/2015 21:51:35   
Silver Sky Magician

@Cyber Dream

Many such ideas were ignored back then and still are now because they simply aren't feasible or beneficial for the current ED. Many forumites give suggestions as though they were trying to create an entire new game. These suggestions may however prove to be useful in the end if the devs do decide to create an ED 2.0

As for the forums, we'll frankly need a lot more forum mods to handle the influx of users that I'm personally expecting with an ED 2.0. Hopefully the numbers will justify hiring someone for PR in addition to new coders/artists, because IMO we'll definitely need a dedicated full-time staff member at that point.
Post #: 23
10/24/2015 7:00:57   
Front45

EpicDuel is totally dead. i no more playing already 2 weeks and i am happy that i am not wasting my time. game is worst now. see main problems if you interesting

1. ED became for only high rank players (these ranks killing game) (unfair battles)

2. Balance (each other class)

3. Jugg is dead

4. they not trying to come back to us old best coreable items (gamma bot, infernal interdictor, platinum's pride, founder items, bunnyzookas, eggzookas, frostbane, frost slayer and etc)

5. this is the worst phase ED ever had

and that't why there are only 150-200 people often. people don't have wish to play. i was out early 2 years when ranks came and now game is same bad. nothing good changed. they don't want return people. i guess. we don't wanna stars and new weapons. we need good balance system, good phase, interesting battles each other 50%-50%. after passives is gone, the game dead forever i think, because reroute - blood lust - deadly aim and etc these skills were the best. this is my opinion

if you wanna back and return people do this now, but i have no hope. the game is totally destroyed

1. change omega system to gamma !

2. make real balance each other classes ! (we will suggest if you need our help about balance changes !)

3. return jugg battle

4. back old weapons

5. back passives

6. delete energy required on cores (plasma meteor, chairman's fury and etc)

7. delete these ranks

8. keep underdog mode because when 36 lvl playing 40 lvl (without rank) need enhance 36 lvl

Post edited to remove unnecessary comments. ~Therril Oreb

< Message edited by Therril Oreb -- 10/24/2015 8:11:20 >
Post #: 24
10/24/2015 16:13:24   
Cookiesaregood

Front45

They are not returning any phase based items please stop asking for them to come back.

Most of the items you stated as "coreable items" dont have cores

There is 400 people online as the moment of me writing this.

Underdog mode should not stay if ranks are removed because it defeat the purpose of even leveling itself.

Passives are not returning this has been discussed a million times. One good thing of actives is it allows some classes to continue battles for a extended period of time allowing them to beat legendary bosses(Legendary Titan, Matrix etc)

Ranks will not be removed due the amount of investment already put into ranks (Direct quote)

Energy should stay on cores because it would basically be a free skill that buffs weapons considerably with no downside.

You cant say this is the worst phase ED has ever had because you dont know if there are more phases to come.

Your opinion is your opinion just because your angry about this game doesnt mean you need to bash it.
How about some constructive criticism like not just saying whats wrong with the game give ways to fix it.

~Speed Shifter
Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Wishlist (with construcive criticism) for the next phase of ED
Page 1 of 3123>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition