Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=DF= Friday the 13th - The Dark Night War Stories and Poetry

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> Collaborations >> =DF= Friday the 13th - The Dark Night War Stories and Poetry
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/13/2015 22:23:59   
Faerdin
Rune Knight

You know the drill, L&L patrons and warmongers of Falconreach! The night is dark and full of terrors... So let's light them up a bit with some creativity, eh?

Please remember that the =AE= Comprehensive Forum Rules and the Rules for Collaborations are in effect here.

1) Only one post is allowed per person. If you have an ongoing story or multiple L&L contributions, please edit them into your post.

2) Please reserve all commentary for the =DF= Friday the 13th - The Dark Night War Stories and Poetry Discussion thread.

< Message edited by Faerdin -- 11/13/2015 22:24:54 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
11/14/2015 15:07:19   
dragon_monster

Paul stands there above a mountain of slayed skeletons, zombies and cultists resting after flexing his muscles on the minions of The Baron and watches the darkness that covers Doomwood thinking that he is there the worse of all the enemies he had waiting for him with a smirk on his face and a arrogance not seen since Xan. Paul swore that one day he will use his trusting age and cut the head of that monster for good and the time is closer and closer.
"Varlith I will wipe you from the face of Lore and I will eliminate your cultists with extreme prejudice and I will destroy the terror and sorrow you caused and give it back to you 100000 times over. You will see my wrath monster all of you will see my wrath." Said Paul with a rage that only his worst enemies ever experienced.
In that moment a cultist followed by a horde of undead and slimes appeared and is a instant Paul cut down the cultist in half and immediately grabbed the head of skeleton and crushed it and trowed the body away and the proceeded to slash and trough the horde of undead and slimes.
"I come for you monster I am coming for you" said Paul with extreme prejudice.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 2
11/15/2015 22:14:00   
Dragonman

LNN's TDD

Sunday:

Welcome to Lore News Network's-the Daily Dragon.

Danger, corruption, an entity that has spewed its way throughout the political system, our top story at eleven, but first we have other news.

Today in Oaklore, where I am reporting from in my, unfortunate captivity, there has been a shocking development. Arguing amongst the Rose and Knights of the Pactogonal Table has broken out over whether or not to fire on Falconreach. Perhaps surprisingly Rose member Zinnia has been the greatest opponent of firing. When asked why she replied:

"It's not about any sort of cooperation between magic and us that you would like. I just don't want Valtrith winning. Falconreach wasn't enough to stop him in the past. But the Rose is strong. We've got thorns."

In other news in the absence of a *cough* well loved mayoral candidate. Waen runs virtually unopposed for the election in a year. His major opponents are earth elemental member of the Pyrocrat party Robert "Burny" Sandstone, and member of the Rosepublican party Ronald Tromp. Mr. Tromp is running on the platform that magical creatures should be ejected from Falconreach and Greenguard, and then build a wall so they can keep themselves out for some reason. This platform is obviously very popular within the Rosepublican party, and has been lauded by some as "The greatest idea of all time".

Sandstone instead argues that we should "Burn" down the old system of political corruption, and create one in which people can thrive and get free education.

Firstly, I'd like to take a moment and pay my respects to my fellow reporter and co-anchor. As you are no doubt aware, Mirror Dragonman passed away some months ago, and so we've had to have a hiatus on the show. He was a great friend, a great dragon, and an even greater man.

While the show was on hiatus I did some investigative reporting. Mirror's death was suspicious. The culmination of months of agonizing research and investigating has lead me to this discovery. Watch in this four part series how Mirror's murderer was brought to justice. The journey took several months, and in this five part series discover a murderer being brought to justice, and the reason why exactly I'm stuck hanging around in Oaklorian captivity.

PART 1: STEALTH, MURDER, AND PIRACY ON THE SEAS OF SHO'NUFF:

After the horrifying events that took place in the War at the Core, which I reported on. I was greatly shaken. Mirror and I decided it would be best if I got out of the political life for the time being. We traveled Greenguard, attempting to find a meaning. We ended up enlisting on a boat, hoping sailing would be able to help us find a purpose in existance. With all the evil going on, all the war where was the good.

This turned out to be a fatal mistake for Mirror. We got caught up in the fighting, boarded by Pirates, and our cargo stolen, weakened the crew. And later ninjas raided us when we were at port, causing further damage.

After we fought them off, while we slept, Mirror kept watch. When I awoke in the middle of the night to take my shift, I could tell something was wrong. Mirror lied dead on the floor, stabbed with a kunai. Death followed me everywhere it seemed.

The coroner said that Mirror was obviously killed by a ninja, seeking revenge for the loss of his honor when losing in combat earlier, basing off the Kunai. But I saw something else. Written on the weapon was a message. Left for me. It was addressed "To Dragonman only, all others do not read,".

Which is why the coroner did not read it.

"You ruined my life. You and Waen took everything from me. I can't Waen now, but I can get my revenge on you. I will kill all of your friends one by one until you are left with nothing but the dirt you stand on, just like I was."

I had no idea who could have sent such a message, and when I asked the coroner, her refused to believe the dagger even said that. He said that there was nothing written on it.

I realized this illusion spell was targeted at everyone who so the murder weapon, save me. And flipping the Kunai around, I discovered an important clue.

"From the office of former Mayor...

Rayf Drayson."

Monday:

Hello I'm Dragonman, welcome back to LNN's The Daily Dragon.

Today we continue our five part series on the catching of a murderer, but first some breaking news

Tromp has toupee?!? Scandal for the Rosepublican party!

RONALD TROMP GOING BACK ON HIS WORD? Today it was found out that Ronald Tromp major campaign slogan "I'm a real person with real hair" was a complete lie. It's fake hair! Riots have broken out on the streets of Falconreach.

When Burny Sandstone was asked to comment, he said something, but our expert reporters didn't pay attention because they were too busy watching Mr. Sandstone's incredible speaking technique firebending with his flailing arms. From the reporter "He probably said something about education or unemployment".

The ramifications of this scandal will surely echo through Falconreach's history for ages to come

PART 2: DRAGONRIDERS AND DRAGON INVESTIGATORS

Flash forward, several months later. There was a major uprising, a fight between Dragons controlled by the Rose, and a small group of rebels, which I did not have the pleasure of getting to interview, although I suspect it was the same group that I helped with a group of Dravir acquaintances previously.

I had given up on finding another clue. I could not take down Rayf without evidence, or knowing where he had disappeared too.

But in the chaos, with the sound of Dragonfire raining from the skies, I remembered something. I have a contact for finding information and doing less than legal things like snooping around an old political opponents haunting grounds without a warrant to prove that he killed a mirror version of myself who stepped out of a time hole several years ago.

This contact, who will remain unnamed, for his protection, is a reclusive man, living in a volcano. His face has been blurred out to protect his identity.

quote:

"DRAGONMAN It's so nice to see you! AHAHAHA!"

"I need your help. It's for a case"

"I thought you gave up on reporting in order to travel the world."

"I did, but this is personal. He killed Mirror Dragonman. Rayf killed him."

"And you need my help killing him back? He's a weak man, you could just walk up to him and burn him."

"I want justice. I only want to kill him if it's necessary."

"Well if you want justice, maybe you shouldn't go after Rayf."

This was all I got out of my contact before he realized I was filming our conversation and forced me to leave. Why wouldn't I go after Rayf? Was he innocent in the murder of mirror? Or was Rayf justified in killing my only family and taunting me? Or was my contact toying with me?

As I would find out. it was more complex than any of these things would ever lead me to believe. For I would finally discover Rayf's hideout, and face down with my nemesis, on fittingly, Friday the Thirteenth.

Tuesday:

Welcome back to The Daily Dragon, hosted by LNN.

I'm your host Dragonman, and today we tell the story of two Friday the Thirteenths ago, but first the news, updates on breaking stories.

There has been a fight today in Oaklore over whether or not to fire the catapult at Falconreach. Well, it wasn't really a fight, Sir Ruptitious merely claimed that we should, tried to behind the backs of the guards and is now sharing my cell. Which happens to be a storage closet with skeletons of the previous prisoners. Although, when I asked I was apparently going to be transferred once the fog cleared. So it looks like this political prisoner will be living in the figurative lap of luxury soon.

And by that I mean I think they're going to execute me.

In other news, I heard that Burny Sandstone made a speech denouncing the Rose today, but that might have been yesterday or last week.

Ronald Tromp meanwhile spent the day buying off all news sources except mine to downplay the fact that he wears a toupee, and I'm angry about this! I WANT MONEY, YOU TOUPEE WEARING ANTI-MAGIC OPPONENT OF MINE!

Finally, there was some other story I was supposed to tell you all about, but the reporter who shoved his notes under the door accidentally put it in a wet spot on the floor and the only word I can make out is "scrumptious". So something was probably scrumptious this week!

PART 3: CONFRONTATION DURING UNLUCKY TIMES

When we last left off I was investigating a lead. Flash forward to Thursday the 12th. I had finally found a lead. I asked Serenity the inkeeper for some extra bread today, I was celebrating. Tomorrow was a big day.

Undead struck as I expected that next evening. In the confusion, I followed Grant Pendlecamp, Rayf's new assistant. I had found this out by poking around continuously.

He ran and hid in Rayfs lair. It was hidden under the Mayor's office. Ravenloss! I had never thought to check there.

I burst into the lair.

"RAYF!" I was screaming at the top of my lungs. "FACE ME ONCE AND FOR ALL! I WAS DONE WITH YOU AND YOU KILLED MY BROTHER!"

"I knew this day would come," said he. That was all he could say.

I unleashed my special move teleporting us to the pancake dimension, a realm I use for storage.

"Hahahahaha! You fool! I knew you would take no chances and use your special attack. But you forget, I was the head of the pig farmers guild, and therefore I gain power in the presence of the element bacon. And what is just next to the pancake dimension?"

"The elemental plane of Bacon. Gah!"

Rayf apparently had been training this power for years, he let out a breakfast blast which would have surely killed me had I not jumped out of the way.

Rayf then used his porcinakinetic powers to hurl unavatarly amounts of bacon at me, I weaved between them, dodging the question so to speak, drawing slowly closer to him.

I focused all of my political power, which is after all one of the more powerful forms of mana, into one single punch, my fist growing more politically charged, and as my fist made contact with him there was a blinding white light.

Rayf survived the blow, I would later find out, but what was more important to me now was where was I.

And why was Killer Dragonman, my evil clone here?

Wednesday:

Welcome back to The Daily Dragon!

In our top story today we tried get reports from inside the fog.

This was a fundamentally foolish idea and I would like to thank the brave reporter who risked his life for the sake of journalism. Stan, you really shouldn't have done that story, but I will make sure your family is taken care of. And I would like to let my captors know that I will be attending his funeral, so if you want to try and catch me again after I break out soon, that's where I'll be.

In other news, in a poll that surprised nobody, Ronald Tromp was found to be viewed as an unfavorable candidate for the magical creatures of Falconreach.

Now without further adieu...

PART 4: THE STORM

When we last left off I had been teleported to some unknown area after a confrontation with Former Mayor Rayf. I had no time to react to any of my new surroundings, as Killer Dragonman, an evil twin I had created on accident in my dismay at losing the mayorship of Falconreach to Landis Waen.

Obviously, I got on my guard rather quickly and asked him what he was doing here.

He explained he had joined an organization to further his goals. A cult. And his job was to distract me while they put their plans in motion. I had apparently made the last month of it rather easy, because I had been lying unconscious outside of time. He had woken me up to gloat.

"During the last two Friday the Thirteenth invasions you've barely helped at all! You were so busy trying to avenge me."

What? Him? No, it couldn't be.

"A time hole? Seriously? When you see another version of yourself come out of a portal that's your first thought, not remembering you have an evil twin?"

I was stunned. This whole time he had been pulling the strings. My vacation, all of it. The killer had played me to stop me from interfering, instead I was on a wild goose chase for revenge.

"The best part is, I've discovered Batoro's secret identity along the way. So here's your chance. Do you want to join me in taking him down?"

"Why do I care about Batoro?"

He told me Batoro's identity, and I did indeed care. Although, I like Batoro's work, so that's our secret. I had a chance to talk it out with him.

"No? Alright then. Now I have some things to attend to, but I know how to keep you busy. I'll just remind you. It's Friday the Thirteenth, and there are lives at stake. We're going to sacrifice Serenity the inkeeper to do some... well I won't spoil it. You and all the heroes of Falconreach can't stop us. But go ahead and try."

He left. I finally looked around and saw I was in a forest, but I found my way to Falconreach. I tried to help Serenity, but, well if you visit the inn you can see I wasn't enough.

Of course I thought this was the end, but there was one more reveal to happen.

Thursday:

Welcome back to The Daily Dragon.

Early this morning, Valtrith's forces all retreated deep into the fog. While the fog has not disappeared yet, it seems that we have indeed won the war!

You can pick up some special loot to celebrate at the war camp!

In other news, the Mayoral debate between Landis Waen, and his challengers; Burnie Sandstone, Ronald Tromp, and (as well as more minor candidates Skullery Clinton, Mitt Zombie, and Marco Ru-Geo has been set for next week. (Note:Pictures of the candidates are attached).

We're in the calm part, now folks, playing the waiting game, but as to whether or not we can rescue all of those trapped in the fog, I cannot say.

PART 5: ARRESTED IN OAKLORE KEEP

When we last left off, I had learned that my closest ally, Mirror Dragonman, was actually my second worst enemy, Killer Dragonman in disguise, who faked his own death as part of an evil plot.

In an attempt to seek vengeance, I followed his trail which eventually led me to just outside Oaklore Keep. Where I found him locked in combat, with Batoro.

Naturally, not wanting someone who helps Falconreach, my city, to perish in combat, I teamed up with Batoro.

It was an epic fight but the details aren't really that relevant, I ended up with a dagger in my chest, but Killer fled.

Despite insisting that unlike other politicians I could totally make it back to Falconreach with a dagger in my chest, Batoro dragged me to Oaklore Keep. Where I was, of course, arrested, because I'm not welcome anymore because I'm not a human. Sir Junn made sure that I recieved proper care, and after I woke up from the anesthesia, I was locked in this closet.

And I've been here since, writing this documentary and waiting to get a camera to air it.

But what I've really learned from all of these experiences is that I could totally take on any of the other Mayoral candidates in a fight, (except maybe Tromp, that guy is scary) and this has renewed my vigor and hope for winning next year.

So remember when the time comes #VoteForDragonman

And tune in tomorrow!

Friday:

Welcome back to The Daily Dragon.

It is now official, Valtrith's forces have lost, and disappeared, and the deadly red fog has dissipated. Unfortunately, my reporter Stan, who got trapped in the fog is still unaccounted for, presumed dead. If you're out there Stan, know I'm not giving up on finding you.

In other news, I report to you from freedom, as I said, I made my daring escape from the Rose while they were attempting to transfer me to the Espina Rosa. Since I had long since magically destroyed all of my restraints, leaving only an illusion, breaking out was easy. Once they opened the door to give me food, I just booked it to Falconreach, where I stand now.

The debate between the Mayoral candidates will be in a week. Make sure to watch my extra special coverage.

Enjoy all of the rewards!

< Message edited by Dragonman -- 11/21/2015 1:27:12 >
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 3
11/16/2015 14:58:22   
gakorogirl

Draco had swooped in to grab Phoenix out of the fog for the fourth time that day. The young dragon had grown larger while she was in the ice, large enough to pull her out of the cold, grasping tendrils of the black fog and out of the woods.

Stop doing that, stupid.

“The cultists’ve stopped coming out to fight me, they just bolt back t’ the fog when I come close,” Phoenix snapped as her dragon dropped her at the edge of the forest. “An’ they’ve taken to hiding the supplies in there, too, I can’t get at them.”

It’s not surprising that they’re hiding, your kill count is getting higher... Not as high as mine, but then you’re just human.

“Ooooh, I bet mine's higher. You've been asleep mosta the week,” Phoenix said with a snort. Her eyes flashed red as she twirled her scythe in a deadly arc, and a cold aura oozed from where she was standing. Draco shivered and took a step back as he chirped,

Calm down with the dark presence, P. And I'll have you know, I've got almost five thousand kills just this war.

The Death Knight chuckled quietly, and she said, "My count's exactly eight thousand, three hundred, and forty-two. Not counting the undead what crawled back into t' fog, seeing as they were still moving when I saw them last."

She stretched and stifled a yawn before turning back towards the dark trees. "Lemme see if I can find some extra torches, the Guardians on the southern wall are havin' trouble with the undead scalin' up the wall." Turning to Draco, Phoenix said, "Keep watching the sky. If Oaklore fires on us, knock the bombs outta the sky before they hit."

I wanna get some waves too, P. Save a few for me!

"Once I finish kicking Valtrith's army back to hell, I'm sure there'll be a few stragglers for you," Phoenix laughed over her shoulder as she jogged back into the forest. As she entered the shadow of the trees, Draco could hear her shouting a challenge into the darkness.
DF AQW  Post #: 4
11/16/2015 21:19:40   
  Gingkage
Wolf Rider

Blood was in the air.

Not literally, though they were used to that as well, but the energy surrounding the tense warmongers sang with blood.

Anger. Hatred. Revenge. Her partner could sense these and the way it was most easily interpreted was by the scent most readily associated with those emotions: blood. With those emotions so easily read in the tense body languages of the warmongers, heard in their voices as their conversations - generally cheerful though with that undercurrent always present - made their way to their ears, blood was, in all ways but literal, in the air.

This war was different. For some reason, this one was personal.

Allowing Blaze's superior hearing to do the heavy lifting, as it were, Gingkage relaxed against a tree and readied her weapons and armor for the predictable Friday the 13th war and let what Blaze heard filter into her own consciousness. Most words didn't mean much to Blaze, who for all his superior intelligence did still have an animal's mind, but three words were repeated over and over that did mean something.

Serenity.

Wasn't that... the innkeeper? What did the nice woman who had made her bread once have to do with anything? Come to think of it, where was she? In every other war, she'd been present, providing people food and conversation and generally being a source of calm in the chaos of war. The Moglin - Spruce, wasn't it? - Blaze could smell, but of the innkeeper, there was no trace. Odd.

Valtrith.

That name meant little to her. She'd helped fight off his minions enough times to learn the name of their Master, but had never seen the man... thing... personally. She wasn't the famed hero, so recently awoken from the ice, to have confronted him.

Speaking of the hero, there they were over there, talking with their dragon. Blaze disliked dragons. He hated their smell, though he'd never once shied away from confronting them alongside her if he had to. Still, she would attempt to steer clear of the pair for her friend's sake.

Caitiff.

She didn't recognize that name, and for maybe the third time in her life regretted her choice of spending so much time away from major civilizations. True, she and Blaze were infinitely more comfortable in the open spaces away from major towns and cities, but she missed a lot of information that way.

Well, there was only one way to get information, and sitting under a tree eavesdropping through Blaze wasn't it.

It was an easy matter, easier even than she'd imagined it to be. All she'd had to do was walk up to a random person, tell them she'd been away from people for a while and had no idea what had happened lately, and that was it. The person readily told her everything she needed to know, how the loss of the last war - a loss that still stung though she knew she and Blaze had done all they possibly could and that was all anyone could have asked of them - had resulted in a loss of Serenity, who had been turned into Caitiff. She was a little sketchy on how that transformation had taken place, but a brief conversation with Ash cleared up those missing details.

And what ugly and sickening details they were. Valtrith consuming Serenity's soul, possession of a soulless body by a doom weapon - whose name had apparently been Caitiff - turning the cheerful woman into a monster. She suddenly had a very clear understanding of why blood was so thick in the air before even a drop had been spilled.

She took her place beside Blaze under the tree, scratching behind his ears as a way to steady herself. She thought she'd seen ugly things in her life. But this... Serenity had meant nothing to her, but she still felt an instinctive revulsion for what had happened to her. While she couldn't summon the rage that those who were more familiar with the former innkeeper so clearly felt, she could understand it.

What was past was past. Nothing could be done for Serenity. But Valtrith's puppets could be handled. And from the spike in energy from the eager warmongers, and the way Blaze went from relaxed to alert as he picked up the first scents of the approaching prey, it was time for her to don her armor and get to work.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 5
11/17/2015 21:21:36   
flashbang

Baron Vs. Baron: Battle of the ...Cheerleaders?

The war had been raging on for how long now? Ah yes, four days. Funny how when lazily destroying enemies you lose track of time. But no longer. The sleep, or lack thereof, was getting to him. So he decided to do something he hadn't done in a long time... cheer. He hadn't done it in so long. But he walked out there, in that cheer outfit, he walked out there, with his pom-poms and his Blinding Light of Destiny's, and he rocked it. Only to be shocked when he saw... him. Him. He had stolen the Baron name. Baron Valtirth, full name Jaysun Valtrith, brother of Dyana Valtrith. In a... cheerleading outfit!? Yet another thing that Jaysun had stolen from him. They locked eyes, and he knew what he needed to do. He dropped his Destiny's and reset his pom-poms in his hand. He shook them. Valtrith shook his... ten?! How was that fair?! He decided to ignore it. He did a cheer routine. It was a long and complicated one, and he could barely make it look good. Nothing like how Tep would do it, but it sufficed. Jaysun looked worried, but then he did... something. It looked like he tried to do a cheer routine, but his body wasn't up to it. Nearby, the fighting stopped to watch. When it became clear he won, the Heroes of Lore, the Rose, and all those in between fighting for Falconreach, or to avenge Serenity, cheered. The Cultists, Deadwoods, Flying Eyes, Undead, and Zombies all looked embarrassed. Somewhere outside of view, a laugh was heard and it sounded like... Serenity. His heart ached. He realized that Caitiff was laughing at Jaysun. Loud laughing noises at 4 AM followed, and his neighbors were not happy.
Fin.

Don't worry, I got Dante's permission. Hope you all enjoyed this.

The Baron's Death: A Giant Fish Tower?

He walked to Cysero's Superstore of Savings, taking a break from the war. He had thought of an ingenious way to end the Not-Dante-Baron once and for all: Fish. And who knows, maybe it could take out the remaining five percent of the war remaining. But that wasn't his goal. His goal was to kill Baron Jaysun Valtrith. And for that, he had to talk to Cysero. So he went and explained his plan to Cysero. Quite simple actually: Just turn our resident Guardian Tower into a giant Fish Tower and catapult it towards Jaysun! The fish stench would kill him AND maybe bring the legendary Fishmonger Chisagen back, if only to laugh at the Not-Dante-Baron. He got permission to turn the Tower into a fish by Guardian Brasca. And Cysero was all game. He just teleported all the Guardians out of the tower, did a magical thingy-madoohickey, and BOOM! FISH TOWER! He also decided to make a GIANT FISH TOWER CATAPAULT... wait, isn't it spelled catapult? Ah well, Cysero is was a staff member, we can trust him. Using his supah cool Destiny weapon, he launched the fish. He quickly opened his Book of Lore, and using some 4th wall breaking magic, quickly teleported to the war. And then... he saw it. The fish landed on him. And it looked kinda like this. Nearby, Not-Not-Baron-Dante saw. And once again, unattractive laughing noises at 4 AM followed. And again, the neighbors were not happy.
Fin.

I made that picture by myself. It took a while.

Valt Disney: Valtrith is a part of Disney I mean Visney?

Baron Jaysun Valtrith was humiliated. First, he had been outdone by that pathetic, horrible, TITLE-STEALING "Baron" Dante. It made him sad. And then, that one guy dropped a giant FISH TOWER on him. A FISH TOWER. HOW IN THE UNLIVING HELL DOES THAT HAPPEN? And the stench killed him. It legitimately killed him. Luckily, it seemed that luck shone upon him and he regained consciousness nearby. He realized that he could not out cheer those so-called "Heroes" who, by the way, couldn't even save his own sister! And he couldn't just walk out openly, with his location known, cause then he'd be smothered by GIAGANTIC FISH. He sighed. Then, he had an idea. Why not embrace something those pathetic mortals loved? There was a series of magical animations, for lack of a better word, made by a man named Valt Visney, a VERY, VERY, VERY, distant relative. He realized that his "animations" were now WILDLY popular with the young'uns. So he decided to embrace them. There was a Vinderella, a slave in her own household who could never escape, with glass slippers, so found a pair and wore them. There was also Variel, a mermaid princess who fell in love with a human prince only to be ripped apart from him. He thought about wearing her signature/only piece of clothing, but he decided on a fish tail. Another popular one was Vambi, a story about a dear who's mother was shot. Vambi soon rallies the forest animals against the hunter. But they all die. He modified his cape of animals into a cape of Vambis. And finally, Snow Vhite, the fairest maiden of them all. She died. Her dwarf friends conspired with the Evil Queen. Looking through all of his Cultists' names, he picked those with the names of the dwarves to help him: Sneezy, Sleepy, Happy, Doc, Grumpy, Dopey and Bashful. Unfortunately, all of these tales were made child appropriate. Sickening. Besides that, he waltzed out there, looking FABULOUSSSSSSS. Needless to say, he was once again out-dressed. By Baron Dante. Looks like luck no longer shown on him.
Fin

< Message edited by flashbang -- 11/18/2015 23:54:25 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 6
11/18/2015 13:56:12   
Faerdin
Rune Knight

A New Beginning
Rune Knight Saga Crossover

A flash on the horizon awoke Faerdin from his stupor. His focus had been lost like fish down a stream amidst the dancing embers of the fire. They filled the far reaches of his vision and flung all manner of story before his enraptured mind. Darkness beset the lands near Falconreach -- and the Light told all who would listen.

“What are you doing, love?”

With effort he turned his gaze from the whispering flames and faced his wife. Even as the shadows lurked around every corner, as they battled with the dull-glow symbols and flickering light that ran the edges of their campsite, something in her kept it all at bay. Her flowing, gilded tresses caught the light and cast away the waves of undead with all the effectiveness of a spell. In her eyes he found hope amidst the blue and green.

In that instant he felt a grin crack in his face -- using muscles that went unworked for much of the evening. “I am listening,” Faerdin said. “I have learned much in the way of why this darkness has befallen Falconreach.”

Her nose wrinkled. “Is it another dragon?”

“Nope. Shocking, I know.”

A wry smile. He knew exactly what that meant; they would make a game of it. “A necromancer?”

“Nope. But you’re getting closer.”

“Aw, you know how I hate guessing like this…” Just then some suspicion caught on Aurauris and compelled her to ask, “Whatever it is, it’s made of snakes, isn’t it?”

He blinked. Even the fire stopped crackling for a moment. “That was oddly specific. What on Lore makes you say that?”

“You know. They’re always made of snakes.”

Adopting a more stern manner, Faerdin returned his sight to the fire and the tales it had to tell. It felt a little warmer as Aurauris set aside the linens she was about to wash and joined him beside their makeshift hearth. “There is something terribly amiss. A wave of undead is as much as anyone expected on Friday the 13th, but for the longest time there has been… something else.”

Concern colored the young woman’s voice as she wrapped her arms around his stomach. “Something else? You mean from the Planes?”

“Yes. I’ve awoken many a night dripping with sweat and clutching the dust of rescinded dreams.” The fire crackled as though in agreeance with the words that lay upon the tip of his tongue: “The Planes are tense. Something is coming. I do not know what that something is -- but the idiocy of The Rose has rendered Lore incapable of adequately confronting this threat.”

“The Rose is not without weapons and tools --”

“The coming war is not one that can be solved with weapons. And I have seen their tools,” Faerdin remarked. He felt that saying any more was unnecessary.

He felt the little hands grip tighter. Though clad in cold-wreathed metal, Faerdin reached up to clasp Aurauris’ within his own. His vigil wandered away from the flames to scan the surrounding forest -- and were it not for the runes encircling their camp, the sight beheld would have unsettled far more deeply.

Crimson eyes. Restless eyes and restless bodies.

But the flames roared and commanded Faerdin’s attentions with the urgency of a blood-crazed animal. In them he saw anew -- strangers bearing the colors of The Rose, strangers who were not, standing united against the relentless shadows with one above all others. In spite of all odds, all flaws, all misgivings between those of The Rose and those who opposed them, Falconreach was made whole by this lone warrior in ways he had not seen since --

They were a hero. The hero.

And as this vision neared its end, Faerdin pulled Aurauris closer. With a gentle touch he tucked her head against his chest. A flame was lit within him now. “Lore is going to need all of the help it can get. To weather the storm, we will have to stand together.”
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> Collaborations >> =DF= Friday the 13th - The Dark Night War Stories and Poetry
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition