Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AQ3D= Suggestions Thread and Rules

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest 3D] >> AdventureQuest 3D General Discussion >> RE: =AQ3D= Suggestions Thread and Rules
Page 6 of 27«<45678>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/4/2016 12:10:20   
LyRein

@above

you think
do you know?

link me where they said this
Post #: 126
1/4/2016 12:16:29   
speedmeteor101

I don't really know. But I only picked that up because Artix liked to emphasize "you don't have to pick one and stay with it, you can be them all" with classes [kickstarter vid esp.]. And whether it's 4 or 10 factions (based on major areas) it's like a toned down version of the class system he wanted to avoid. Maybe if there was a way you could purchase "factionship" for every area it would work but having to choose does not seems like AE's kinda thing unless there's no real difference or unless it's a big part of the plot [like the good and evil].

BTW a big jump for AQ3D would be semi assasin's creed parkour XD at least the amount of 'parkour' you get in a far-cry game would be nice
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 127
1/4/2016 12:21:52   
LyRein

there's no point in being in the Legion if you're going to be on the Seraphs/Paladins too...

that's why having free choices and multiple ones is difficult

< Message edited by LyRein -- 1/4/2016 12:24:15 >
Post #: 128
1/4/2016 12:32:59   
speedmeteor101

I guess it would work if u have multiple legions you could be part of but there was a choice for each one. Like you have legion vs paladin and good vs evil but some how you can have good and legion, and evil/paladin at the same time. As long as it's not too restrictive i think it's fine (like different combos for different leagues [if u understand how i'm defining leagues])
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 129
1/4/2016 14:27:46   
LyRein

explain how a light user will summon the very thing he/she tried to kill.

explain how you can have a sub-faction of a sub-faction.

explain how Gravelyn/Seppy won't kill you for helping the Good side (which almost always wins) while also working for the Evil side.
Post #: 130
1/4/2016 15:05:16   
David the Wanderer
Legendary AK!

Light doesn't have to be good, and Darkness doesn't have to be evil. Light isn't, naturally, an enemy of the Undead; it IS effective against Darkness-created Undead, but there can be Undead powered by Light, or Fire, or any of the elements.

I don't see anything wrong with "nesting" factions. Every group that is sufficiently large eventually divides into smaller group.

I do agree that Evil factions shouldn't be accessible to people who side with Good, unless they decide to switch sides.
DF AQW  Post #: 131
1/4/2016 15:28:51   
LyRein

@above

you're forgetting the fact we're talking about factions.

you can't be a Paladin who's whole life is to slay Darkness and also be a Legionnare who takes orders and acts only for Dage.

also Legion Undead are different from Shadowscythe Undead, are made differently and have slightly different commands...

Abyss and Legion are rivals and Nully and Dage hate each-other ingame so it wouldn't make sense that way either.

and Abyss/Archfiends are not Undead, more like Eldritch Abominations and their intellect depends on how much Nulgath wants them to know

EDIT

Switching sides wouldn't make sense Story wise though
that kind of thinking promotes; whoever has the best gear

< Message edited by LyRein -- 1/4/2016 15:33:39 >
Post #: 132
1/4/2016 15:35:20   
speedmeteor101

Evil Paladin get killed for bein part of both? Well in that case you're saying that good and evil rules over all so then the legion vs paladin doesn't really matter as they become sub-factions of good and evil. All that means is that we have a good vs evil which rules over it's respective sub-factions. So, in short, I'm saying that you then would have 2 sub-factions that rival against each other... You see the way AE does it is

tier 1: Hero vs Villain [villain is NPC only]

tier 2 (Hero): Good vs Evil

tier 3 (Evil-Hero): Dage's Legion vs Nulgath's?

So really everything is sub-faction. The only way you could have more that 2 [not only a sub-faction really] is to set player against player and have wars defending your cause [like red vs green vs blue vs yellow which is what I thought you were saying]. See, in aqw's type of "factions" everyone would be working for one cause (the hero's cause) and a faction becomes more of a unit; not something truly rivaling another.

So basically you're nestling everything under another such as in a tree like i've provided above, which makes sense, but brings it back to my other option I gave above: good vs evil.
BTW- I was confused about your use of "skygaurd" but I guess that'd go under "good."

After I saw Dave the wanderer's:

I think that you're sort of on the track I was providing. He is saying that these factions are all good and these are all evil. What I'm saying is that if they are all good and all evil then they aren't factions, they're units of either good or evil and the only thing that could be considered a faction is good or evil. Then, hypothetically, you could join all the units that are under evil or all the units under good. So doing a quest for a certain "faction" like going on patrols for skyguard (Lyrein's example) would mean that they [do some quest that has to do with....] nvm lemme pick a better example. Let's say a doomwood paladin "faction"/unit was made. Then it would have to take out skeletons as a bonus quest or something whereas the "alteon's good kight's" quest would be to kill 50 evil players in the designated good vs evil war map. If u think about it. Then the real factions are good vs evil but you can accrue units or factions within the good and evil faction level. So ultimately it's just good vs evil.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 133
1/4/2016 15:40:11   
LyRein

@above

quote:

BTW- I was confused about your use of "skygaurd" but I guess that'd go under "good."

oh you haven't played AQW

anyways..

they are factions...
Evil is just what AE uses for anything that is related to Darkness or morally wrong.

Legion, Shadowscythe, Abyss are all factions that fall under the Evil category.

you're thinking too hard
Post #: 134
1/4/2016 15:48:34   
speedmeteor101

I guess I really know nuthin about factions the way you define them, as obviously (from my post on another forum) I haven't played their 2d games much at all recently and I barely even know much about shadowscythe and abyss. So the idea there is that it's legion vs shadowsythe vs abyss? I mean I guess I could imagine quests like "take out 20 ____ for this faction" or something, or "go clear this factions monsters" or something if that's what you meant. I think I understand now and I guess I was overthinking it
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 135
1/4/2016 16:57:49   
LyRein

@above

more Legion vs Abyss since Seppy was stronger than Dage and whatever state Nulgath was in before Seppy's death.

but in the end they all want to achieve the same goal, but for their own benefit and their own way of doing it.
they will align to fight bigger threats though.

legion is naturally allied with shadowscythe because Dage got a hold of Doomknight armour to experiment on and both factions have a similar army style.

< Message edited by LyRein -- 1/4/2016 16:59:06 >
Post #: 136
1/4/2016 17:53:32   
speedmeteor101

ok well, I guess if they do factions, they'll work how they did in aqw

I'll take this time to expand on parkour that would make the game a lot more fun- especially with exploration

So this would pretty much take normal MMOing to the next level. This means we would want to have at least basic parkour:

Basics
:

sprinting- I would love for aq3d to get some sort of sprinting mechanic (limited energy) to make certain jumps for example as it adds to a more cinematic feel :P

vaulting- the ability to vault over certain waist-high objects (and chest high objects with sprint+jump and/ or automatic)

climbing- the ability to pull yourself up and onto objects at and above head level (above meaning a sprint+jump would be required to make the climb and/ or would make it automatic)

ladder climbing- ladders want special animations and mechanics too :P

crouch- not as important but could be useful for interactive environments ;D Don't know what an easy control for mobiles would be, tho. Double tap the D-pad?

The idea with all of these is that if you run up to a waist or head high object (without sprint) a button or something pops up allowing you to click/tap it to vault or climb, whereas if you sprint+jump, it will be activated automatically, and jump+sprint helps you to vault and climb normall unvaultable or unclimbable ledges that are normally too high

More Advanced Parkour (inertia may be required) [assasin's creed / mirror's edge lvl stuff]

swinging- the ability to swing on or between protruding bars/ ledges. Well you could put horizontal flag posts and tree branches to use here!

rolling- the ability to roll to break a fall. If fall damage could be added to aq3d, this would be a great way to make the game more active. Maybe one could time hitting the 'jump' [tap for mobiles, space for computer] right before hitting the ground and maybe get an indicator (like a bar or screen color) to jump from heights without taking any damage. And maybe trying to activate roll too early or too late would cause you to take respective damage.

fall damage- give rolls a purpose and allow for more complicated parkour and quests

selective wall jumping/running- the ability to jump on to a wall and kickoff to cover further ground [probably activated by 'jump' like roll](like you're in a cave and there's a ravine or something and to get across you must sprint+jump, and kick off of the wall to successfully get to the other side) [Mario XD] ha maybe some shoes could allow you to wall run for longer periods of time (this whole suggestion is assuming only certain walls are wall run-able and it's indicated somehow)

Also I'd assume you guys would just give certain items special properties that say they're vaultable, climbable, or whatever. This could take environment to the next level and make quests/ dungeons' parkour a lot more interesting. Then if you use the idea of "the player chooses how to get there" you could use multiple paths that make use of certain parkour skills... maybe path 1 and 2 lead to the boss but path 1 is over lava and you have to do a lot of vaulting, jumping and swinging but path 2 uses a bit of wall jumping/running but a lot of platform jumping. Then as obstacles progress you have the ability to choose between these two paths and do what you are best at. There could be a boss dungeon where you have can vault over and crouch behind an object do avoid a dragons' breath. Things like that.

You also now would have the opportunity to create effects on items like "take less damage from higher falls," "sprint faster with these shoes," "drink this for a longer sprinting period," and "with this ninja equipment, automatically roll on every high fall" :P

Taking this parkour to an mmo would be a pretty big step, considering AQ3D starts out as a jump only mmo and gives the team many opportunities to do even more special things with the game. Now Imaagine that with oculus rift support!

< Message edited by speedmeteor101 -- 1/7/2016 14:05:18 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 137
1/5/2016 21:19:04   
Jolly Roberts

What do you all think about making the Paxia Clans a thing in AQ3D?
AQ  Post #: 138
1/6/2016 11:33:13   
kaziboca

if the inventory is going to cover the setting buttons, put the X to close it at the bottom and the currency at the top, as so the player doesnt have to travel all that real estate just to check his inv
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 139
1/6/2016 13:33:18   
LyRein

@above

even better remove the button altogether on PC and make it button accessible

you can't say they don't have enough team members to do THAT
Post #: 140
1/6/2016 17:22:53   
speedmeteor101

Also about the inventory it's a lot better if the items were classified like in DF/ other games too, I guess. 1st, by item type, then by level. Then if you got something during that login session it would remain at the bottom of its item type until you log out and in. Because the way it is right now (I'm pretty sure it won't stay, though) it's a pain to scroll through everything.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 141
1/6/2016 17:47:08   
Anvos

Personally on the inventory ideas I feel like there should really be a tab system to easily flip between types of equipment, sort of like merging AQ and DF inventory system together so if I'm looking for a ring for instance I don't have to first scroll through all my weapons that aren't in storage.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 142
1/6/2016 17:58:35   
LyRein

@above

that's exactly what AQW did too man :)
Post #: 143
1/6/2016 18:42:51   
Wolfofdoom3

Back to the Drakath discussion I think the original AQ Drakath should be back.I mean if it's based on the original why not and yeah ik it's is own universe.
Post #: 144
1/6/2016 21:09:46   
speedmeteor101

@wolfofdoom Let's not talk about Drakath on the suggestions thread. It had it's own thread; just go back a bit and find it. But I do agree with you, a good bit, just open it in another thread.

@LyRein and @anvos

Yes AQW's system would be nice, and their inventory labeled "all items" or whatever is mostly what I was referring to. Being on a mobile screen, AQ3D wouldn't really have room for the tabs unless the inventory nearly covered the screen (which is possibly what they're avoiding as you click on item and it basically does so already)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 145
1/7/2016 4:25:16   
Wolfofdoom3

^Well that was my suggestion speed.
Post #: 146
1/7/2016 8:13:20   
speedmeteor101

ok, then. That'll do.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 147
1/8/2016 10:22:22   
gdmacd1

Another suggestion I have is quest related.
Most mmos nowadays have waypoints/markers showing the players where to go for thier active quest. I believe this should be implemented into aq3d.

Some of the quests in alpha aq3d mildly inform me what to kill but does not tell me where such creatures dwell, so most the quests I havent even done cause i have no idea where to go.
Having this play out like aqw, where completeing questlines involves going on a website to know which quest is next, isnt a good idea. I think aq3d should set up the next quest for you or atleast set a waypoint to lead players to thier next quest.

So in short, My suggestion is:

Waypoint/marker directly players to thier next objective(s) and possibly point the way to the next quest in a quest line.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 148
1/8/2016 19:30:27   
Rezilia

I'd like it if there was a rare drop in each area's boss for an armor of the NPC in that area. Then we could farm dye or paint in order to color the armor, so that way we could get Crimson Paladin or Red Archer etc. In fact, an Armor Paint Room wouldn't be bad either.

Leaving combat should give us a 5 second anti-aggro.

It would be great if we could "collect" our equipment and add it to a collection book that we can select "cosmetic appearance" from.

Can we have a 24 hour time period for selling an item back full price? :O
DF AQW  Post #: 149
1/8/2016 20:06:09   
David the Wanderer
Legendary AK!

@ckdragonck: On the last point: I think that might be applied to Special Currency Items; maybe not at 100% sellback price, but maybe 70% or 60% instead of 50%.
DF AQW  Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest 3D] >> AdventureQuest 3D General Discussion >> RE: =AQ3D= Suggestions Thread and Rules
Page 6 of 27«<45678>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition