Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AK= All Classes Discussion Thread IX

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =AK= All Classes Discussion Thread IX
Page 2 of 18«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/16/2015 16:59:11   
Kazema

Anyone know when they will re style the ninja class? It looks kind of out date compared to the others :/
Post #: 26
12/16/2015 17:01:02   
NagisaXIkari

Nope.jpg

Right up there with Ranger release (unless I missed that) and many other things some of which are likely to not happen.

I'll take the world on my own terms. I want disease but not the germs.
I want the moon to cling to me. So let your silence sing to me.
An endless endless symphony. Till all I lost instinctively returns.
DF  Post #: 27
12/16/2015 17:17:39   
David the Wanderer
Legendary AK!

Ranger was updated a few months ago.
DF AQW  Post #: 28
12/17/2015 5:41:01   
UltimateDoomKnight

I just need to know something about the Icebound Revenant since I don't have it yet but seen others using it on youtube. Why does it have the same animations like Deathknight when it attacks?
Post #: 29
12/17/2015 5:46:31   
Faerdin
Rune Knight

Icebound Revenant was designed as an alternate interpretation of Death Knights in DragonFable. As such, it uses similar attacks and has a similar playstyle with some key differences.

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 30
12/17/2015 5:48:10   
UltimateDoomKnight

Ok, but it does seem a little difficult to play with since most of it's attacks are dot and one-hit attacks. Thanks though!
Post #: 31
12/17/2015 8:01:17   
Rezilia

Wait, wait, wait... Icebound Revenant works the way that DK used to?!
DF AQW  Post #: 32
12/17/2015 8:16:25   
hidan_orochimaru

Well,not entirely the same (Or maybe not the same at all.I don't know,I don't have the class) but you can just check the Pedia page for it.
DF AQW  Post #: 33
12/17/2015 8:42:48   
Baron Dante

I'm certainly a fan of Icebound Revenant.
There's something fun about just stacking a pile of DOTs on monsters and just watch them wither away while keeping up your defenses.
I also like how it manages to be mostly locked to Ice, but still works as effectively against monsters with ice resistance as any others (A few monsters it takes a penalty against, while others... it's actually better)
The only small issue I have is that it can't force an Ice weakness to monsters with 200 Ice resistance, so it can't make full use of it's abilities there (But then, it can't do that, and sometimes is worse off against things with less Ice res, so hey).
But it has kind of insane damage output against anything it can force the Ice weakness on, which is like, at least 95% of the monsters in the game.
Since a majority of it's damage comes from the DOTs, which just get doubled with any weakness, after you've kept Long Winter going for long enough (I think 25 turns from when you first use it?), the skill alone effectively deals 470%-770% weapon damage (The range kind of depends on the Ice weakness. The bigger the weakness is, the less damage the DOT deals in comparison to your weapon damage proper, if that makes sense), with a really low cooldown.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 34
12/17/2015 8:49:14   
UltimateDoomKnight

The Icebound Revenant works perfectly against Akriloth since you can weaken him to -450% ice resistance. First off, in the beginning, the Frozen Claymore incantates a special automatically on him which makes Akriloth weak to ice (-250%) for 50 turns. Then, if you're lucky, you perform another special with the Frozen Claymore which weakens his resistance to ice additionally with -100%. Then you have the Icebound Revenant which can temporarely, for a short time I think, weaken Akriloth with another -100% ice resistance. Totally, it becomes -450% ice resistance. Talk about buttkicking, lol!

If any of you are willing, might if one of you see how much damage you can do with the Icebound Revenant to Akriloth once he has been weakened that much? I'm curious since I don't have the armor myself.
The revamped DragonSlayer will probably deal more damage, even if Akriloth will get -350% ice resistance, because of it's devastating abilities on dragons.

< Message edited by UltimateDoomKnight -- 12/17/2015 8:51:39 >
Post #: 35
12/17/2015 11:10:47   
sebihp2007

So coming back to this game after a while.. I've read the DoomKnight revamp FAQ from ash. From what I understand there's been a revamp on the DoomKnight armor. And if you buy the DK package now you don't get the old OP armor. But the people who bought the package a while ago not only still have access to the old OP armor but in addition got the new armor for free?

I'm not sure how I feel about no longer having access to the strongest armor in the game (stronger than others by a large margin) but other people have it only because they bought it earlier
AQ  Post #: 36
12/17/2015 11:48:37   
Sakurai the Cursed

quote:

DOTs, which just get doubled with any weakness

No, they get +100% damage for every negative hundredth resistance the enemy has. So, -1 ~ -100 is 2x damage, -101 ~ -200 is 3x damage, -201 ~ -300 is 4x damage, etc.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 37
12/17/2015 11:58:20   
UltimateDoomKnight

Well, the Icebound Revenant seems really interesting and... OMG! I FINALLY GOT THE VANILLA ICE KATANA! Patience always pay!
Post #: 38
12/17/2015 12:30:42   
Baron Dante

@Sakurai: Right.
It's just a thing that comes pretty rarely up nowadays (That is, most recent bosses, and enemies in general usually have fairly... not-massive weaknesses), I kind of just... didn't even mention it.
The problem is, that unless you have a way to further decrease their Ice resistance, that won't come to play with any of the monsters we have currently.
There are a lot of ways to do that, obviously. But I'm not sure how many of them are 100% consistent. I guess Aegis, if we count that, and Guest Dragon can temporarily do that on command.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 39
12/17/2015 13:05:17   
UltimateDoomKnight

Heh, just defeated Hard Mode Merged Sepulchure with Technomancer. Luckily I had the right items that protected me well from his attacks but also gave me good bonus, defenses and resistance. I must say, the Technomancer is quite good armor, it has many useful skills but doesn't deal as much damage as the other armors. Still, it DID help me defeat Merged Sepulchure on Hard Mode so I guess that the Technomancer is really good!
Post #: 40
12/17/2015 13:12:11   
Sakurai the Cursed

@Baron - Vanilla Ice Katana has -100. Obviously not the most practical choice since it's only a 5% chance when using the Attack button, but against a tough enemy it might be worth it.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 41
12/17/2015 14:19:01   
Baron Dante

@Sakurai: Yeah, there's quite a few weapons that can do it, and a few of them can do it for a decentl long time, but the lack of consistency is still an issue.
Still, a definite way to bring even more damage to the table.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 42
12/17/2015 15:42:28   
UltimateDoomKnight

The Necromancer is truly a legendary armor except against those that heal too much like that cheating lowlife Razen Al' Ghoul and those that have too strong DOTs like Un-possible Doom Crawler and Extreme Hard Mode Ricterild.
Oh well, I have defeated Razen Al' Ghoul on Hard Mode so I guess I've beaten all bosses on extreme hard mode and that includes all unbeatables as well.
Only one who I want to defeat at least once and it's Super Infernal Wargoth. Anyway, Necromancer can be a real life saver. For example, if you you're facing against someone with high damage to what you have no or low resistance to and a powerful DOT the Necromancer's skill "Ward of the Undead" can really change the outcome. The revamps of all armors are excellent, far better than they were before.

But I have one question: When it comes to the Necromancer's skill called "Inspire Terror" that triggers a domination DOT on the enemy, what determines the amount of damage it can do?
Post #: 43
12/17/2015 17:20:39   
Solanaceae
Legendary Nightshade

It's the enemy's own damage range.
DF  Post #: 44
12/19/2015 21:57:13   
TheFarReach

I just realized something. BaltaelSynch does more damage then DoomKnight's final which I can't remember the name of. BSynch does 550% and DmK does 500%. In addition to that, it can be used on the first turn. Without Dmk's damage scaling, Soulweaver with artifact is actually better.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 45
12/19/2015 22:03:33   
Solanaceae
Legendary Nightshade

So does Riftwalker (440% x 1.25 from boost = 550).
DF  Post #: 46
12/20/2015 8:35:11   
Xrenzokr
Banned

If at level 80, what are the best stats for Ascendant, Deathknight and MSW for an offensive build?
Post #: 47
12/21/2015 9:41:22   
Sakurai the Cursed

Max STR/DEX/INT (depending on your weapon) and LUK. Or if you use pets and guests frequently, max CHA and LUK.

< Message edited by Sakurai the Cursed -- 12/21/2015 9:42:20 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 48
12/21/2015 15:43:39   
Subon

Dage's necromancer reskin never :^)
Post #: 49
12/21/2015 17:49:43   
Dracojan

quote:

I just realized something. BaltaelSynch does more damage then DoomKnight's final which I can't remember the name of. BSynch does 550% and DmK does 500%. In addition to that, it can be used on the first turn. Without Dmk's damage scaling, Soulweaver with artifact is actually better.
dmk does 500% scaled dmg. at lvl 80 thats 2000% with old spikes dmk and 1300% with new dmk
DF  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =AK= All Classes Discussion Thread IX
Page 2 of 18«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition