Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AK= All Classes Discussion Thread IX

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =AK= All Classes Discussion Thread IX
Page 9 of 18«<7891011>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/2/2016 11:44:51   
BraveSirRobin

@Zeldax Ah, they must have changed it then. Well, thank you. That seriously improves things.
Post #: 201
11/2/2016 22:44:06   
Vanilla Icecream

I have a question; which armor is the most powerful in offensive terms?
Ascendant can get pretty powerful, so I wanted to know about other armors.
DF  Post #: 202
11/2/2016 23:05:49   
FriendOfAFriend

DmK Version 1, probably.
Post #: 203
11/2/2016 23:17:27   
Sakurai the Cursed

In terms of sustained damage, only DmK can beat Ascendant. In terms of burst damage, many classes are better. DmK is clearly the most powerful in overall offense though, being the only tier 4 class.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 204
11/2/2016 23:29:40   
Solanaceae
Legendary Nightshade

Although it's kinda mana-prohibitive, Ranger has its moments. In theory, with optimized stats (relatively equal STR and DEX), it can do 340% DoT + 1407% weapon damage (Dual Wield -> Purge on an Armor Slashed enemy with Spotter's Shot active) in a single turn, and keep that DoT at full power for a bit under 3/4 of the time. Its passive works similarly to Ascendant's in that it stacks additively to each hit instead of multiplicatively like Boost, while at the same time it seems to always get an additional turn except when using Sky Assault or a focus-resetting skill.

In addition, its double turn passive lets it loop NSTB and lets it quickly cycle through the same series of offensive moves over and over. Something like Spotter's Shot -> Armor Slash -> Dual Wield -> Power Shot. Pretty neat.
DF  Post #: 205
11/3/2016 3:48:19   
Vanilla Icecream

I guess I forgot to add 'except DmK'
Since it's the almighty Tier 4 and everything.

Ranger seems interesting. I think I'll try it
DF  Post #: 206
11/3/2016 9:45:40   
dragon_monster

Warrior and dragonwarrior are the perfect class low mana cost and high damage is ot surpased in damage by other classes but only for about 20 rounds or maybe a little more bit then you will be surpassed. High damage for a very long time warrior is the class
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 207
11/3/2016 19:25:44   
Solanaceae
Legendary Nightshade

I wouldn't call Warrior high damage. Necromancer can outdamage it just by using the Attack button.
DF  Post #: 208
11/4/2016 10:28:38   
Sakurai the Cursed

@Vanilla - Well, minus DmK, Kathool Adept is probably the best overall, offensively. It's not quite as good as Asc in terms of sustained damage (and on that note, Ranger is significantly worse than Asc in both burst and sustain), but it's still one of the top for that and it has much better burst for clearing quests quickly, though at the cost of huge mana costs on its big skills.

< Message edited by Sakurai the Cursed -- 11/4/2016 10:29:17 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 209
11/4/2016 10:33:36   
Kaizoku

In terms of reaching that optimal ratio, how much STR and DEX would one need to use for Ranger?
It feels like a hassle to cap out on both, but if you leave both at say, 100, you will be compromising your damage anyway, wont you?
150/150, maybe?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 210
11/4/2016 11:29:55   
Veya

Can someone tell me what is a good way of using DeathKnight? I am trying to get myself unspoiled by DoomKnight, so I went out of my way to farm the entire level 80 Unhallowed DeathKnight set since DeathKnight was always my favorite class prior to DmK, but I am having a lot of trouble figuring it out again... the class changed quite a bit from what it was 5 years ago...

5 bucks ED will be the one to answer this...
AQW  Post #: 211
11/4/2016 13:50:43   
Sakurai the Cursed

@Kaizoku - 190/190? That will differ based on your level though, as END and WIS are both absolutely essential while leveling but you don't really need defensive stats at max level in my experience (I go full Int/Luk personally). You could also go with Dex/Luk rather than Str/Dex; you'd do more damage on all skills but the melee ones (the only of which used for damage being Dual Wield, which admittedly does become noticeably weaker) and only very slightly (like 3% less) Purge. And since Power Shot will be stronger, the main combo of spamming Power Shot > Dual Wield until Purge is off CD does about the same damage. In the end they're similar enough that if you only use Ranger it really doesn't matter, but going Dex/Luk lets you use other classes effectively as well, while half your stats will be doing exactly nothing if you use Str/Dex on any class but Ranger.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 212
11/4/2016 14:05:52   
Kaizoku

@Sakurai
Ah, fantastic. I have my stats set up like that (though with a little CHA as well). Thanks for the tip!
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 213
11/4/2016 18:41:41   
Greldracion

I think it's interesting how out of the 3-4 classes I've used in the manaphage quest, ranger and pyromancer seem to do a good job of beating the boss, while enTropy and technomancer don't do as well.

I also think that ranger is one of the best survival classes to use in most of the main story though too.

< Message edited by Greldracion -- 11/4/2016 18:44:12 >
AQ  Post #: 214
11/6/2016 9:43:25   
MovieDudeXD

Why does Togslayer only have 8 skills?
Post #: 215
11/6/2016 10:31:58   
SonicTbear

It's more of a joke class more than anything. Rolith got sick working through it. But he "finished" it when he got better, meaning either he intended it to have eight skills, shelved the rest of the skills, or let the sickness affect his mind, making him forget all about the class. Either way, it's considered "done" by his and the DF team's standards.

It's kinda a tradition that once the staff member working on a side project that's not important to the game leaves AE or gets switched to a different team to leave it alone for the time being, like Archmage or the Celestial Haven saga in AQC, or the Loremaster Saga in AQW before Geo shelved it which was before she got her new job.

< Message edited by SonicTbear -- 11/6/2016 10:49:53 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 216
11/12/2016 15:48:16   
dragon_monster

So I play warrior and noticed something when you do a triple attack and all of them crit the warrior says something he thinks its badass like you are finished or something of the sort.
Is this just a coincidence or any of you noticed this also?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 217
11/12/2016 16:19:43   
RusticMetal

Every day I fall more and more in love with the Atelean class designs. I just wish they were color-customizable a little.
Post #: 218
11/12/2016 21:07:44   
Vanilla Icecream

^yeah, I'd like it more if Ascendant was more.... cosmic though.
I love how when Ascendants walk, gold ripples appear on the ground.
DF  Post #: 219
11/12/2016 21:23:28   
Veya

My only issue with the Atelean classes is that they give you hooves, the Ateleans have hooves, yes, but I can't stop thinking that my character had to chop her feet off or something to fit in that armor... I know it is not the most logical conclusion, but it is the first thing my mind goes to, and I can't stop thinking about it like that.
AQW  Post #: 220
11/12/2016 21:55:03   
Vanilla Icecream

I'd like to think of it as high heels.... reeeeeeeeeeally high so you have to stand on your tip toes.
It's not logical either, but it's less bloody..
DF  Post #: 221
11/13/2016 5:29:33   
elite dark slayer

Having to chop off your feet to fit in shoes has a long history. Look at 'Aschenputtel' by the Brothers Grimm. Also, the practice of foot binding, though not to do with chopping off your foot, also makes the feet much smaller, and that might allow you to fit into the hooves.

Edit: Man, those Brothers were grim.

< Message edited by elite dark slayer -- 11/13/2016 5:35:16 >
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 222
11/13/2016 14:55:57   
Subon

So is the redesigned Necromancer by Dage going to come out this black friday?
Post #: 223
11/13/2016 15:09:19   
RusticMetal

I think hoof "shoes" are more likely. Heck, if MLP cosplayers can do it, our heros can ;)
Post #: 224
11/13/2016 18:00:13   
Yozefu

quote:

Every day I fall more and more in love with the Atelean class designs. I just wish they were color-customizable a little.

I wish I could say the same about the RiftWalker armor, meanwhile the other Atelean classes are designed amazing with wonderful animations, RiftWalker is kinda basic, especially when you compere it to the other Atelean classes.
AQ DF  Post #: 225
Page:   <<   < prev  7 8 [9] 10 11   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =AK= All Classes Discussion Thread IX
Page 9 of 18«<7891011>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition