Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AQW= Existing Class Suggestions

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds Suggestions >> RE: =AQW= Existing Class Suggestions
Page 12 of 13«<910111213>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/31/2018 12:44:21   
Geddrick

It's been 2 years and I finally got back on AQW to see what's changed for the older classes that were quite bad. Sadly, they haven't changed except for Royal Battlemage (which is great, thanks for that)

Evolved Leprechaun:
-Amas: go from 2 sec cooldown to 1. It makes more sense for a leprechaun to be fast
-Soilsigh: lower mana cost from 20 to 10, lower cooldown from 20 secs to 8 secs, and buff crit damage from 5% to 10%
-Amharach: increase its damage, it should be more of a nuke than it is now
-Trodai: lower cooldown to 15 secs, and have it increase damage by 25% instead of 10%
-Slanaitheoir: lower cooldown to 20 secs, lower mana cost from 30 to 25

Arachnomancer:
-Give it theif base stats and make all the skills physical
-Venom Fangs: lower mana cost from 12 to 8, and have it heal for a small amount each time it's used
-Slingshot Web: lower mana cost from 23 to 15 and lower the cooldown to 6 seconds
-Foreboding Arachnid: lower mana cost from 36 to 24, lower cooldown from 32 secs to 21 secs, increase stun chance to 50%, added effect: Arachnophobia: increases opponent's haste by 50%, but lowers their hit chance by 50% for 10 secs, and focuses the target's attacks onto you. That way, the arachnomancer has more opportunity to heal from dodging
-Toxic Adrenaline: lower mana cost from 27 to 21, lower cooldown from 24 secs to 18 secs.

Archfiend: (just put this class out of its misery already)
-Mark of Death: lower mana cost from 20 to 10 and lower cooldown from 7 to 5 seconds
-Fiendish Strike: lower mana cost from 35 to 25, lower cooldown from 14 secs to 8 secs. Haste buff from 10% to 20%. Also increase its range and damage
-Fiend Frenzy: lower mana cost from 30 to 23, lower cooldown from 12 secs to 10 secs. In return, lower the crit chance buff from 30% to 25%
-Abyssal Contract: lower mana cost from 40 to 20, lower cooldown from 50 secs to 17 secs. Trust me, this class needs it
Finally, increase the healing from fiend leech by 1.5x. I think that's all it needs to be good

Necromancer:
Deal less damage to self, increase damage dealt from 5th skill. Also, lower cooldown of Weaken from 5 secs to 4 secs

Ultra Elemental Warrior:
-Elemental Fusion: lower cooldown from 4 secs to 3 secs
-Blaze: lower mana cost from 18 to 15
-Stoneskin: lower cooldown from 22 secs to 16 secs. Also, Earthen Blessing's heal should be 3x as powerful. That's what breaks this class
-Chain Lightning: lower mana cost from 33 to 27.
Aside from a few mana issues and low heal, this class is almost good

Evolved Shaman:
Just give it the shaman treatment. Buff its damage, heal, and cooldowns. Also, give it the mage mana model not the warrior

Cryomancer:
-Freeze: lower mana cost from 20 to 15
-Shatter: lower mana cost from 25 to 20
-Frozen Tears; Either A: double the strangth of the heal, or B: lower the mana cost from 40 to 20
-Flash Freeze: lower mana cost from 25 to 20, and lower the damage it deals by 25%.
And give it the mage mana model

Frostval Barbarian:
Give it the capability of landing crits. That's all it needs

Troll Spellsmith:
-Energy Arc: lower cooldown from 10 seconds to 6
-Frostflame: make it capable of hitting 4 targets and make it debuff haste by 10% instead of 5%

The Collector:
-Give it the mage mana model and wizard stats instead of hybrid. This class should also be a farmer, due to the fact that a collector would want to collect as many monsters as possible at once
-Dimensional Rift: increased range, hits up to 3 targets, and haste debuff is doubled. DOT is 1.5x stronger
-Particle Drain: hits up to 3 targets, and restores health equal to what was dealt. The more targets you hit with it then, the more you can heal
-Transmutation should no longer have the self DOT, and should hit up to 3. However, the 2 targets not currently being focused on are ony stunned for 2 seconds
-Artificial Environment hits up to 3 targets, attack debuff is doubled, and DOT is 1.5x stronger

Another idea is to bring back rare classes either in a renamed fashion like shadowwalker and shadowstalker, or in a slightly tweaked form like vindicator of they and collector. I've wanted to try out timekiller and darkside, but I can't because they can't be accessed anymore

< Message edited by Geddrick -- 5/27/2020 18:48:45 >
Post #: 276
1/8/2019 5:25:33   
Classher

Please buff Guardian Class, the class is very powerful indeed but doesn't have any sustainability and does not last long in boss fights.

Guardian Rage: Increase outgoing damage reduction from 5% to 10% and increase stack count. (15%(3 stacks) outgoing damage reduction is not really much of help)
Keen: Increase Keen's critical strike chance and add critical damage increment.
Guardian Light: Guardian Shield always activates even when Keen is active. (For more chance of surviving)
Guardian Blast: Increase its damage and add a damage over time. (It says "Calls forth mighty dragon flames to scorch your opponents" but dragon flames, even normal flames burn, right?)

Please also add a rank 10 passive.
Post #: 277
1/10/2019 6:42:05   
Oweru

Buff Dragonslayer General pls in PVP and small changes in PVE. Also added Mecha Jouster Revamped by me(01/13/18).

Basilisk Strike
Rank Needed: 1
Mana Cost: 10 Mana
Cooldown: 3 Seconds
Type: Physical
Description: Deals 150% weapon damage and saps 40 mana. If target is Dragonkin, the specialized strike causes their skin to sear, dealing additional damage after 1 second.

Drake Tongue
Rank Needed: 2
Mana Cost: 20 Mana
Cooldown: 20 Seconds
Deals 100% weapon damage and taunts up to 6 targets, causing them to attack the Dragonslayer General for 10 seconds. You become inspired increasing your haste and damage output by 25% for 9 seconds, doubled to 50% total when fighting dragonkin. The tongues cause enemy dragonkin's flesh to sear, dealing additional damage after 1 second.

General's Insight
Rank Needed: 4
Type: Passive Ability
Description: Increases your crit damage increased by 25%
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MechaJouster (Class)
Weapon Damage: 100%, 3.5 speed
Description: Recommended enhancement: Luck. Crash into battle on your clockwork steed!
Special Effects: MechaJousters gain mana from all landed hits in combat, especially on crits. The amount depends on damage relative to their own HP total.

Joust
Mana Cost: 0 Mana
Cooldown: 3.5 Seconds
Description: Deals damage on hit and has a 50% chance to stun the enemy for 1 second.

Thrust
Cooldown: 4 Seconds
Description: A moderate that shreds the armor of your target by 20% for 5 seconds or knock your opponent off balance reducing their dodge chance by 30% for 10 seconds. If Precision is active, then each “Thrust” deals a small DoT to your enemies for 5 seconds that stacks up to 10.

Magnetized Precision
Cooldown: 12 Seconds
Description: Deals a moderate damage and applies “Precision”. Precision increases your hit chance by 20% for 6 seconds.

Auto Repair
Rank Needed: 3
Cooldown: 15 Seconds
Description: Repairs your mechanical parts applying a large HoT to yourself for 4 seconds but stuns itself for the duration.

Deflection
Type: Passive
Description: Increases your crit chance by 15%

Stalwart
Description: Increases your hit chance by 15%

Charge
Rank Needed: 5
Mana Cost: 25 Mana
Cooldown: 15 Seconds
Description: A battle cry granting the jouster a boost in momentum. Increases your haste and outgoing damage by 25% for 15 seconds.

Lance
Rank Needed: 10
Description: Increases your damage reduction by 30%

< Message edited by Oweru -- 2/3/2019 8:00:33 >
Post #: 278
1/16/2019 7:28:16   
holyangeman

2 class at a go

First off classic exalted soul cleaver players should have a shop opened for them that let them get the new soul cleaver for free

Next void highlord is really hard to farm compared to lightcaster, plus the acs is given out to all every year. So overall vhl should be buffed. But I wish to suggest somemore skills

Armagedon: description same, but add on nulgath bestows you all his power
: cool down 10s
: deals 700percent dmg on the spot, can't miss sure crit.
Post #: 279
1/28/2019 18:35:06   
flapple

Hey, I wanted to ask if more battlecard games could be printed because I feel they are a popular item that many would want to purchase! As well as the fact that the class that comes with it is amazing and so unique. Getting to that point, I think Cardclasher, being such a unique class in the game, should maybe receive minor buffs. Many players who wish to play with a fun class choose the Card Clasher class due to its versatility and usage. I think as a class that comes with a heromart item, it should receive a kind of buff. That way, if one would like to choose a fun class to solo, Cardclasher would be a possibility. At this point and time, if Cardclasher were to be used to solo a boss, it is quite likely that person would die. This prevents players from simply spamming strong classes such as Void Highlord and Lightcaster, and allow for other enjoyable options. I would recommend a small buff to its heal as well as the damage, otherwise it's a great class! I think both of these can be done by either altering stats or changing the effectiveness of the cards and is buffs.

Thank you! I hope you see this post and consider the changes :) Battleon!
Post #: 280
2/18/2019 1:21:22   
MaximusZero

Horc Evader
- small buff to regain health when dodging.

This will increase the class' survivability and make it one of the best classes in soloing due to its high crits. The dodge rate can be debuffed in order to accomodate the buff or not at all. This idea is based on a the class' similarities with necromancer. If Necromancer has its own healing skill to sustain itself, why not the horc evader too? Making the class a pure thief class is not a bad choice.

Elemental Dracomancer
- add similar heal same as Shaman class.

Due to its thrid skill it can already solo some of the mid tier bosses, but it has no skill to sustain itself thus the suggestion is made. Since the class' skills are targeted to one monster only, adding a heal buff is not a big change.

Evolved Shaman
- make the HoT increasable by Elemental embrace and not by Tailwind Effect.

A lot of players deem the class worthless compared to its predecessor Shaman due to its longer cooldowns, smaller heal, and larger mana consumption. So the increase in the heal is suggested in order to make it a great solo class and a great support healer class against High Level Bosses.

These suggestions are thought of due to the increase of strong 'new' classes. The new classes overpower the rep classes making some of them useless to have. Adding buffs to these rep classes will make having them worthwile and will make more players farm for them at the same time.
Post #: 281
2/18/2019 3:23:15   
Ifghar

I imagine the crossover classes (Dragonlord, StarLord and Guardian) are on the list of classes to be buffed closer to the power of those that were recently released, but I would love it if these classes were also at least partially reworked to better fit their themes. I feel like Dragonlord specifically has a lot of room for improvement regarding it's theme, as it does not have any references to dragons or to DF in its kit.

A straightforward change that several other players have suggested already is to make Dragonlord a pet class, given that pet classes have been added to the game since Dragonlord was put into the game. Honestly, just replacing an ability with a generic pet summon ability and buffing the numbers on the rest of the kit would not only help make the class a viable option, it would also make the player FEEL like a Dragonlord. I imagine it would remind me of playing through DF being shadowed by my baby dragon, anyway.

On the note of dragons, the Guardin Blast ability would fit much better if it called down a green dragon head to blast the Guardian's enemies. It would be reminiscent of the Guardian classes/armors in AQ and DF, anyway.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 282
4/15/2019 14:11:55   
chrono2

I've got a few suggestions for the Archfiend class.

1: Mana Regen and/or Mana Consumption Adjustment
The class feels incredibly volatile right now. Too volatile. I feel like a big part of this is that the class is severely suffering from mana problems. If I'm running a full LUK build and I'm spamming Fiend Frenzy and getting a ton of Fiend Leech procs on top of that, it feels GREAT, but as soon as my health even begins to dip down, or god forbid, the second I stop getting rapid-fire critical hits, I'm suddenly left dead in the water with little chance of recovery, and any recovery I do get is going to take so long that I'd probably be better off leaving the room and resting and starting over. The class either needs to have its overall mana regen increased, or it needs to see a pretty sizeable mana cost reduction.

2:Minor Cooldown Adjustments
The class' abilities overall feel more or less fine, but I'd like to see a few of them get slightly reduced cooldowns, just to allow them to be used more readily. Mark of Death should probably be reduced to 5 seconds, Fiendish Strike should go down to 10, and I'd like to see Abyssal Contract reduced to 30 or 40. I don't have a strong reason for this change, I just feel as though it will make the class feel better to play. I don't feel super strongly about it, but it's something I've been mulling over as I try to train up and get a feel for the class.

3:Potential Fiend Leech Adjustment?
This is another one I'm REALLY not sure about, but I think I'd kind of like to see Fiend Leech proc more often. The change I've been mulling around in my head was to give it a chance to proc on auto-attacks as well as or even instead of ability use. I think this change would also help alleviate some of the problems faced by the class' complete or near-complete inability to make a comeback from mana starvation, and would also help increase its staying-power in fights considerably.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 283
5/10/2019 21:04:11   
Oweru

Legion Revenant Test

The sustain and the survivability of the class is so good.

"Atramentous Shade" lowers the Dodge chance so I think the Crit chance reduction on "Wicked Purgatory" should be changed.

Instead of Crit Chance reduction, why not something 50% chance to STEAL MANA.

The 30% Dodge chance on "Depraved Empowerment" should be replaced with Haste.

With the lower dps of this class compared to Void Highlord and Lightcaster, I think it's okay to make the class unique and not that op yet fun to play.

That's all, Thanks!
IGN: Owel455

< Message edited by Oweru -- 5/10/2019 21:17:30 >
Post #: 284
5/12/2019 19:55:38   
Foulman

Yeah, a new OP class like this could really use a mana drain skill to really set it apart from the other invincible massive DPS clones
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 285
6/23/2019 15:08:43   
Vongola the Wise

Any plans on revamping the AQ/MQ/DF classes?

Signature removed. Please refrain from using signatures in the suggestions forum. -Laos

< Message edited by Laos -- 9/22/2019 9:08:16 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 286
6/25/2019 4:22:40   
Hi Im Sylrus

Please buff Shadowstalker/Shadowwalker of time

In terms of damage the class is just fine considering its a chrono class but its aoe targeting skills are weird
When I say buff the class, I'm talking of the second skill Exude/Devour. This skill targets only two enemies unlike the last two skill making farming a tad bit tedious (just a bit) Please make this skill target 3 enemies instead of two as this buff was also given to vampire lord to improve farming capabilities

Lastly this class by itself (without support class around) is very mana hungry, hitting crits on skills (skill 2) results in mana reduction unlike something else like Arch paladin or legion doomknight. Unless I'm getting this wrong, scoring good crits on skill should increase mana right? or is there some hidden mechanic?

Please buff Pyromancer

Everything is fine with this one only problem is the 40 sec cooldown on fire ball (30 secs seems fair yeah? ) and the terrible range of second skill Sear. Rest is perfectly fine and balanced (:

Thank you for reading this far.
Post #: 287
7/25/2019 7:08:50   
Rayimika
Banned

Stonecrusher rank ten
Three consecutive nonfading Magnitude procs trigger 1 second invulnerability for lowest health ally player character

Chaos Slayer
modes switch adjustment so that assault first and chaoruption final autos are single target

Double post merged. -Laos

< Message edited by Laos -- 9/22/2019 9:09:08 >
AQ AQW  Post #: 288
8/15/2019 18:10:03   
Oweru

Can you make Skyguard grenadier non mem class, but remain the map member...
Post #: 289
8/29/2019 13:06:07   
halilabi26

I was thinking about the Rare Anniversary Classes and many players don't have those classes so maybe instead of making the classes unavailable you can make it available with some events rewards the class(variants to not make rare item collectors unhappy) or adding variants to to Doom Merge shop.
Post #: 290
9/12/2019 1:55:12   
chrono2

UndeadSlayer's Spirit Power specifically could use some small quality of life changes. I'd love to see its duration get buffed pretty significantly, I'd say up to at least 15 or 20 seconds instead of 7. Additionally, it'd be great if your abilities could proc Spirit Power too.

As it stands, most undead enemies are really quite squishy, and it's not really that uncommon to just outright oneshot a few large groups of them before I even have a chance to try and AA them. I end up having to hold off on my abilities and make sure I AA at least once before I pop an exorcism or vorpal strike.

If the concern here is that players will just farm spirit power and then quickly rush to a non-undead boss and toss a 200SP Dragon Lance at them, an easy and far more convenient(At least, for us!) fix would be to significantly reduce the damage that Dragon Lance deals against non-undead targets, to an even more significant degree than Exorcism if it's a major concern.

The class is already so, SO situational, and is just beaten out by Paladin for its general utility, even if I am farming undead. Making spirit power stacks easier to gain and maintain would go a very long way to at least making the class feel less punishing.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 291
9/22/2019 4:57:53   
Eldem

The black leg of Shadowscythe General Class is really messed up. Look how one perspective mistake make a beautiful armor looking bad.

http://prntscr.com/p9cbju

Font size reduced. Please do not exceed font size 3 on posts in this forum. -Laos

< Message edited by Laos -- 9/22/2019 9:10:22 >
Post #: 292
10/19/2019 10:33:16   
inspiron555

undead curse ac- nonmem version should be added in nostalgiaquest map
Post #: 293
11/14/2019 8:00:08   
Rayimika
Banned

Chaos Slayer
Surge reduces damage by 30% stacking up to 3. Healing random and cooldown removed. Costs 70 mana.
AQ AQW  Post #: 294
2/15/2020 21:58:41   
Golbog

Please buff "Dragon Knight" class and rework some of the skill.

The reason and also the solution is :

1. It is an exclusive class that only available to those who become Battle Gems Founder, so I think the class deserve an exclusive skill icon.

2. Still lack on defense and don't have a healing skill so it can't be use to soloing.

3. Skill "Dragon's Might" feel pretty useless to me, since it only decrease enemy's physical damage output by 15%, when "Disarm" buff from skill "Swordplay" can decrease opponent's damage by 80%, and also the "Dumbfounded" buff fro, the skill replace "Flammable" buff from skill "Dragon's Fire" which is the main DoT source of the class.
I think this can be fixed by change the skill to something that give healing to the user so it can sustain in battle.

4. The mana consumption of every skill make this class have a mana issue.

5. DoT from "Flammable" buff + "Spell Blade" is just a bit off. I think this can be fixed by increase the DoT damage like to 900 or 850 at max to make it more solid

6. even the damage from the final skill "Dragon Breath" already good, I think it can be improved by giving buff such as "Damage Increased per stack of "flammable" by 25%, maxed out at ?? stacks" or something like that.

Thank you for reading this and I hope the class get buffed/reworked

< Message edited by Golbog -- 2/15/2020 22:06:11 >
Post #: 295
2/16/2020 23:36:09   
Golbog

Ultra Elemental Warrior/Legendary Elemental Warrior

The class is good but have mana issue, and the healing is just too weak

So what I suggest is :

1. Increase the healing by 2.5x - 4x than normal, so the class can last longer in battle.

2. For mana issue, I think its better to give buff to the first skill "Elemental Fusion"

Elemental Fusion
Rank needed : 1
Mana cost : 11
Type : Physical / Magical

Description : Strike your opponents with the elements you currently have charged. Different effects based on which elemental magics are combined. 4 seconds after activated, all mana that used to make combo will return to the caster by 50%.

Note :
• Elemental Fusion has a chance to apply extra effects while Fire Magic, Earth Magic, or Energy Magic are active.
• If skill Blaze is used to make combo, it will return 9 mana to caster.
• If skill Stoneskin is used to make combo, it will return 11 mana to caster.
• If skill Chain Lightning is used to make combo, it will return 16 mana to caster.
• Elemental Fusion won't give mana if just 1 skill is used.

I think that will solve the mana issue of the class. And lastly I want to ask for buffing skill "Elemental Fusion" and "Blaze" to be a multi target skill so the class can be a great versatile class.

Thank you for reading

Post #: 296
2/21/2020 17:13:16   
G Man

Wanted to get this made and posted before we get to St. Patrick's Day...

Most people can agree that Evolved Leprechaun is.... a lacking class.
Sure it has a "neat" gimmick, in that it's a crit focused class, however, other classes can and do get just as frequent and higher crits, AND have survivability too.
So it's my honest opinion that this class needs an overhaul.

Amas-
Lower damage to 75% lower CD to 1.5 seconds, change to guaranteed critical hits. (Overall a "slight" damage, and DPS buff.)

Classes with "rogue" and "warrior" regen do no benefit from near infinite mana. They require both regular and critical auto attacks plus a secondary "source" for their mana, dodging in the case of "rogues." which happens to require luck in many circumstances, the mob had to target you, and you have to successfully dodge. This would both help increase the classes overall damage output, and help a little bit with mana.

Soilsigh-
Lower mana cost to 15 lower CD to 10, increase boost to 15%
20/20 is murder on a class that in most circumstances will only get back 3-5 (been a while since I tested) mana every 2 seconds. (Barring haste boosts, and dodges [which rely on luck.])
15 is a bit more fair, and 10 seconds allows you to keep the boost up, although spamming skills with poorer regen is risky...
Boost increased because c'mon, really? 5%?
It's damage can stay the same, because it's the boost you're after here...

Amharach-
Increase cost to 15, keep CD
Instead of damage mitigation, increase dodge by 60% Increase buff duration to 10 seconds, allowing upkeep.
"Lucky" would imply the ability to avoid damage and not take LESS, it'd play into the name, and the style of the class, and help with regen, and healing (although that's minimal it COULD help keep you alive...)

Trodai
Keep cost and CD. Stalic buff is increased to 125% damage, and increase the bonus crit damage to 15%, remove critical hit chance, and replace with a minor lifesteal skill. (10% damage as health.)
Overall this skill works, but it's just needs a little more love.
The extra damage and changed effect help tie into the name, and again, help the class work with its crit focused theme. Crit chance is removed owing to the auto attack now being a guaranteed critical hit. (All the skills on this class are buffing skills, so their damage is mostly pointless)

Gasta
Increase to 15%

Gearaigh
The wording on this is unclear, but I assume it's critical chance. Instead change to critical damage.
Again, this class is all about the critical damage, so why not go all in?

Slanaitheoir
Lower CD to 25 seconds.
This would help with keeping the skill up. Which boosts damage, and survivability and makes the class that much more viable. Using the recommended Luck enhancements makes this skill currently un-loopable, even a couple seconds without your dodge buff you can take a couple unlucky crits and die.

Yes, Evolved Leprechaun is pretty easy to get but so are a lot of other strong classes, this wouldn't necessarily put it above anything high tier, but it wouldn't be the "rank and bank" class that it is currently.

Going back to some other classes here;

Chaos Slayer X : Remove Courageous/Paragon.
Other players can trigger other players effects with this class, making 2 of them in the same party very dangerous, as you have no clue what the other chaos slayer had triggered on the mob, this is a pointless gimmick effect that can wipe parties with absolutely no way to avoid it, other than making someone change their class, or telling people to alert that courageous has triggered.

=================

(Dark)Legendary Hero:
Star Struck: Change haste decrease to a 20% damage decrease.
Warrior regen needs you to strike your enemy, and your enemy to strike YOU, if they're hitting you less they're giving you less mana.

Lead the Charge, and Stolen Thunder are fine as is.

Legacy Crater:
Lower mana cost to 20, lower CD to 15 seconds.
This skill requires setup before it becomes anything of note, and isn't even all that powerful, the Hot only triggers 3 times, and it's decent, yeah, but other classes can fully heal at the press of a button, and not have to worry about damage potentially outpacing a HoT.

===========
I'm going to keep posting this till it gets changed, I'll die on this hill:

Sentinel:

Sentinels Strike: Can remain unchanged.

Active Endurance: Increase healing of Active Endurance, at it's STRONGEST it's roughly a 500HP heal, and this requires you to be at roughly ~20% or less HP, meaning for this class sitting around 500HP. Now this wouldn't be so bad, but read on as to why I believe it needs a buff.

Adrenaline Rush: REMOVE. SELF. DAMAGE. FROM. ADRENALINE. RUSH.
Other classes have higher damage potential without a skill that will literally kill you.
No, this isn't hyperbole, depending on luck and weapon range the DoT can get in the 3-4 hundreds of damage, and boosted by your increased damage if you attempt to loop the skill, resulting in a DoT that could potentially hit 5-7 hundreds. The heal skill of this class cannot keep up with this kind of damage, especially when there's incoming damage to worry about on top of this ridiculously high self damage.

Demolish: Increase debuff time to 10 seconds, allowing for more upkeep, and aiding just that little bit more in survivability and group aid.

EDIT: Fixed a couple issues, and added some more class changes/ideas.

< Message edited by G Man -- 3/3/2020 15:08:46 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 297
3/18/2020 19:06:06   
Arenwalesa

Enforcer / ProtoSartorium / and Rustbucket will have different skills, so they can be distinct from each other. However, Rustbucket RETAINS their original skills which have been upgraded into:

Jackhammer
Mana Cost: 17 Mana
Description: A rapid assault of unavoidable attack dealing 250% weapon damage on impact. Applies Jackhammer which increase critical chances by 20% for 8 seconds.

Plasma Bolt
Cooldown: 8 Seconds
Type: Physical/Magical
Description: An energy-based ranged attack dealing physical and magical damage. Lowers the enemy’s damage AND chance to hit by 30% as well for 10 seconds.
Notes: Deals 100% of Attack Power and Spell Power as damage.

Arc Lightning
Mana Cost: 21 Mana
Cooldown: 10 Seconds
Type: Physical / Magical
Description: Emits a burst of electrical energy that will bounce up to 4 targets, dealing more damage with each bounce. For each enemy it hits you apply Arcing Surge, increasing your haste by 6% for 12 seconds. Arcing Surge can be stacked up to 5 times.
Notes: Damage is based on 250% of weapon damage, with 25% damage increase per bounce.

Event Horizon
Mana Cost: 26 Mana
Cooldown: 35 Seconds
Description: Reduces all incoming damage by 55% for 25 seconds. The Rustbucket also receives a healing over time effect for the same duration based on 12.5% of their Attack Power and Spell Power.

FOR ENFORCER:

Energy Tank
Mana Cost: 15 Mana
Cooldown: 6 Seconds
Description: Supplies an amount of energy excess to 3 nearby allies that will help them in combat. Energy Tank will increase damage resistance, critical damage dealt, and haste by 5% for 14 seconds. Energy Tank can be stacked 10 times.

Augmented Laser
Cooldown: 5 Seconds
Type: Physical/Magical
Description: An energy-based ranged attack dealing physical and magical damage to 2 nearby targets. Applies Calibration which increases outgoing damage by 5% for 14 seconds and can be stacked up to 20 times.
Notes: Deals 120% of Attack Power and Spell Power as damage.

Prototype Backup: Defense
Mana Cost: 21 Mana
Cooldown: 14 Seconds
Description: Consume all active Energy Tank and recourse it into a Prototype Backup: Defense program. For each stacks of Energy Tank is consumed, the Enforcer receives a HoT effect (25% of Attack Power), gains 8% increased healing, damage resistance AND critical damage resistance for 14 seconds. if no Energy Tank is present, activates Prototype Reboot instead which causes the Enforcer’s critical chance to increase by 25% for the same duration.

Enforcer’s Shock
Mana Cost: 35 Mana
Cooldown: 30 Seconds
Type: Magical
Description: Deals damage based on how many stacks of Energy Tank AND Calibration applied and do not consume those stacks. Applies Enforcer’s Shock which cause the target’s haste to be severely reduced by 80% for 20 seconds.
Note: Deals 300% weapon damage, plus 10% bonus per Energy Tank stacks and 15% bonus from Calibration stacks.

FOR PROTOSARTORIUM
Thunder Crater
Mana Cost: 18 Mana
Description: With the aid of a ProtoSartorian technology, you found a way to channel several electrical currents into select areas. Deals high damage to 3 nearby targets and causes them to attack 50% slower and 25% less accurate for 8 seconds.
Note: Deals 250% weapon damage plus 25% bonus from Attack and Spell power.

Mechanical Thermites
Cooldown: 8 Seconds
Description: Commands swarms of mechanical thermites to damage 3 nearby targets moderately. If Thunder Crater is applied, the thermites amplify the electric currents flowing nearby, causing them to deal a Damage over Time to the enemy for 12 seconds.
Notes: Deals 175% weapon damage. The DoT abbreviated as “Linked Shock”. DoT damage is based on 20% of Attack and Spell Power.

Piston-Driven Strike
Mana Cost: 25 Mana
Cooldown: 6 Seconds
Description: Pushes 3 nearby enemies away with your new Piston-Driven joint’s strength. Deals moderate (200% Auto Attack) damage and causes them to take 50% more damage for 12 seconds.

Healing Jolt
Mana Cost: 40 Mana
Cooldown: 14 Seconds
Description: Removes Linked Shock and Thunder Crater from nearby target and casts a healing jolt to yourself, heals you for a very large amount. Consumed Linked Shock will be converted into Static Nerve, causing you to receive an additional HoT effect based on 25% of your Attack Power and Spell Power for 10 seconds. Consumed Thunder Crater will be converted into Thunder Armor, absorbing 75% of the damage taken to be added into your attacks for 10 seconds.

Rustbucket quest stays the same, but it will not reward you with RustBucket Class. Instead:
The Quest will reward you with ProtoSartoria Chips, collect 100 of them and turn them in on either:
ProtoSartorium Reward quest
RustBucket Reward quest
Enforcer Reward quest
To get their respective class. No classes can drops from bosses now.

Post #: 298
4/7/2020 5:27:54   
RJRock

Suggestion on the new Legion Swordmaster Assassin class.

I recently got the newly released Legion swordmaster assassin and the swordmaster classes and tested them at quite a few places. This led me to certain conclusions and suggestion. Sorry in advance if the post sounds more like a class feedback report than a class suggestion.

Reasons for suggestion:

The class skill builds look decently balanced, except for its self DoT. That's absolutely HUGE! I had a thief enhancement on the class and fighter on helm, weapon and cape. My account is at level 76. I had about 3500 total HP and just one use of the third skill Reanimation took more than half of my total HP. A single tick took about 230 HP and at the end of 20 seconds it took 9-10 ticks or about 2000 HP.

Now, there's heal... agreed. The 4th skill Consuming Blades heals for the damage done. One might say that is balanced. It did feel balanced when i was killing multiple targets. The second skill Diminished Steel does crit, and crits hard when your HP is low. Restores good mana as well.
But it all comes to a standstill while soloing a boss or in a room with single target. The huge self DoT takes away a lot of your HP and since there is only one target the heal is about 600-700. (With multiple targets the heal was about 2000 and that effectively filled the HP bar)
Dodges do heal but if the boss has higher basic attack the dodge heal becomes insignificant. It becomes increasingly difficult to maintain that low HP against bosses like Underfiend or Shrade. After some time you face mana issues as well since there is no high mana regen. You either spend it on Diminished Steel to recover mana or Consuming blades to get heal. Fighter enh does increase crits but also the self DoT. (maybe DoT is calculated as a percentage of self HP, i am unsure)

Yes the class would still survive while doing crits at low HP but there is a lot of risk and i doubt an inexperienced player can handle it. Besides that self Dot is higher than even the DoT on monsters caused by the 5th skill Dark Mantle.
In short, at the current state i felt a lot of difficulty in effectively using Reanimation. The buffs it gave just didnt feel "worth it" with all of that DoT. I found myself using the skill less often if not at all. It probably would do way better in teamfights with the monster attacks divided between the teammates but I haven't tried it. (slow internet, lags and all... i never do team battles unless i absolutely need to) Maybe I haven't gotten used to using the class well but i would still suggest some changes.

Suggestions:

->Reduce the self DoT or the period of DoT (a decrease to about 10-15 seconds from 20 seconds)
->Increase the heal through dodge (or increase the dodge chance? naaah... 30% is already a lot)

--If the DoT absolutely can't be changed--
->Decrease Consuming blades mana costs from 20 to about 15 (atleast way less than mana costs of Reanimation) and cooldown from 11 seconds to 7-9 seconds. This ensures enough heal to cover the damage atleast from the DoT only in solo fights.
->Decrease Diminished Steel mana costs from 12 to 10. This wee bit will give some extra mana to activate Dark Mantle and reduce enemy crit chance. (It was all going well with Underfeind and suddenly he dealt a 1k crit killing me. after all the concentration i put for the crits... this kinda hurt >.<)
->Increase the DoT of Dark Mantle (for user satisfaction?? >.<) Maye scale it with percentage of HP remaining rather than percentage of HP lost unlike Diminished Steel. Balances it for new users who are uncomfortable with keeping the low HP for high crits.

That's all. If I made some sense do take all of this into consideration. And if the class was never made for bossfights, you can go ahead and ignore all of what i said. Its still a nice class, just needs some experience i guess.

And since I am already here let me just drop my small suggestion for Swordmaster class.
Its second skill Bladefury says "Unleash a fury of steel striking at up to 4 targets." Now the catch is, its a totally melee skill and won't work unless the enemies are close and huddled up. Now in AQW you would hardly find places where as much as 4 monsters are huddled up and other Swordmaster skills are also melee single target skills. That is to say that 4 target setting becomes insignificant.

My suggestion is to increase the area of effect or the range of the skill so that it actually CAN target 4 enemies. (I do realize it can be tweaked to target just 1 instead of increasing the range but i am pretty sure no player would want that >.<)

If you have any comments, something to add or contradict you can always just PM me :)

IGN: RJRock (main account)

< Message edited by RJRock -- 4/7/2020 5:43:18 >
Post #: 299
4/21/2020 21:43:18   
kbrooks25

Rank10 Skills For Starting Classes

Overall it would be good to see some basic updates to the starting/classic classes, or perhaps their member duplicate counterparts. Some class concepts feel a bit outdated or are difficult to use, turning newer players off of the game before they have had a chance to experiment further with the game. Below I will try to list my experiences with a few classes, their skills, and solutions to problems presented.

Healer:

Overall the healer needs the most work out of the 4 starting classes. It has a really strong tank synergy with it's 3 and 2 (allowing for very slow but steady tanking against most bosses). It's 1 is generally fine, but it's 5 needs a big change. It would be beneficial to see it's 5 skill given an auto lock feature (the ability to target allies automatically similar to the heal), as manually selecting players is cumbersome and rarely sees use. It's 2 is very good, but it would be nice to see the regen given to at least 1 other target aside from the healer when automatically cast. This would give it a nice niche.

* Add rank 10 skill * (All healing increased by 5%)
* Add Auto-targeting to skill 5 *
* Add regen to first OTHER target hit by heal per cast *

(The targeting change should also be given to oracles shared link skill, as you currently have to manually target with it as well).

Mage:

Generally in a pretty good position right now and doesn't need a big change.

* Add rank 10 skill * (Intellect increased by 5%)

Rogue:

Surprisingly strong and in a good position. No major changes needed.

* Add rank 10 skill * (5% increase to evasion)

Warrior:

Overall warrior feels quite sturdy and is a decent class, but it could benefit from a rank 10 increase to endurance.

* Add rank 10 skill * (5% increase to endurance)

Ninja:

A decent class, but outdone by most everything else currently.

* Add rank 10 skill * (5% increase to damage dealt) or (5% increase to evasion)

Rustbucket (and related classes):

No huge changes needed.

* Add rank 10 skill * (5% increase to endurance) or (5% increase to all damage)

Notes:

Adding rank 10 skills to classes currently missing them would be great for newer players and veterans alike. It would make ranking them to rank 10 feel a bit better, especially when it is required for classes like the paladin and doomknight. It would bring them more inline with newer classes, while still encouraging players to swap to more advanced classes as they progress. Flat stat bonuses are generally better in this instance as it is easier to balance and does not make them super strong vs advanced counterparts.

The healer is in dire need of a rework as listed above, as the targeting methods used currently are painful (this comes from a support/healer main). I use my 5 skill rarely, if at all, due to it's targeting mechanic. The same applies to oracle and it's shared link skill.

You could buff the rank 10 passive to 10% per class for member upgrades (acolyte, renegade, warlord, and sorcerer), giving more reason to use them aside from simple aesthetics. This would also encourage newer players to upgrade when they have maxed out their chosen starting class.

Berserker and other classes not listed, that lack rank 10 skills, could do with a flat increase to their stats as a rank 10 passive too.
Post #: 300
Page:   <<   < prev  9 10 11 [12] 13   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds Suggestions >> RE: =AQW= Existing Class Suggestions
Page 12 of 13«<910111213>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition