Well, I just received Dragonslayer General. But I read something that shocked me, on it's last ability Ancient Rites, Foregone Conclusion is a buff inside of it among one other, and an additional third if another ability buff is in play.
Why dose this bother me? Berserker Class. Or Beta Berserker in my case. This class's last ability has become a single buff among many in some new class's arsenal. The dynamic of racing the clock to heal up, unreliable but fun to play as. It came to my attention the older classes will need updates even more than before. I would hope, when it's beneficial to the company that revising some of the older content will make them money. The newer classes have been made wonderfully, for fill class fantasy, and complete the roll they are meant to.
I have limited experience, though I believe I can offer insight on how the class can be improved, and feel more fun to play.
- I believe this functions well where it is. During Foregone Conclusion's haste buff, it can be used more. It also reduces enemy damage, which makes it valuable as a party and gives meaning. I would only say to possibly test a lower strength buff so 5 or so mana could be taken off in cost, and used in other abilities.
- I have looked in many guides and talked to many people, and played this class for an effective 25 levels of my account's 40. The only thing I have heard, and found to my own conclusions... Don't use it. Unless you get to 100 Mana, don't, it's a waist of an ability slot. It doesn't do enough damage, and doesn't add to any Berserker fantasy. Frankly, I don't know what to replace it with. But I have seen these new classes come out, and they all have managed to fit the theme they are presenting.
Blood For Blood
- Very fun to see the big numbers. But, I'd recommend Making it an almost exact copy of Life Drinker from the Blood Titan class. Minus the heal on it. I say this because seeing that big nuke is nice and fun. But I believe this ability could be the filler Broad side should be. lower cooldown, and still having the scaling damage at lower HP would make a gradual feel of doing more damage while low on health. And while really really low health, the ability would almost pay for it's elf, letting you swing wildly hoping Foregone conclusion will heal you back up.
- The Haste buff would increase how often this ability is being thrown out there, so it might be best to add another second of cooldown. (4 instead of 3 ) And I would not know where the right ammount of damage is, so it's not a guaranteed full health bar.
- Feel good where they are.
- What was previously unique. The Beserker's mini game that makes the class fun and exciting. I honestly think waiting 12 seconds for the heal is a bit long. That and a 30 second cooldown is hard to wait though, because then you press it again... ANd got another 12 seconds to wait before your heal. For soloing, you got 42 seconds between your heals. Even Dragonslayer General has 25 seconds instead of 30. I'd say adjust the numbers, so HP is rising and falling, at a quicker pace. This way the Adrenalin for the player, and the character never stops pumping! Even if it requires changing the reduced damage taken Passive, and Breaker % reduction value.
- Insert New Skill here-
- I can't say I am brimming with ideas for this. Things that fir Beserker fantasy? Being Angry! Some sort of rage inspired smack down. We are missing an exciting nuke with my changes in mind. What do Beserkers get angry at? Well for sure one thing is agreed on, people who hit them. It makes them wanna hit back harder. I'd imagine an ability that marks a target, and a % of the damage that target deals to the Beserker, is used in an attack against them 10 some seconds later. I'd not know what direction to take this. A taunt would make him useful for tanking big hits in parties and dishing it back out later. Then letting a main tank heal to full, and resume his job. Maybe a small set heal based on attack power if it resolves during Foregone Conclusion? In any event I am sure the ideas of professionals would shine here.
This post is my plea for returning to old obtainable classes like you have with Evolved items and classes. I know you guys are busy, and don't often return to old things, especially if it would not make you money. But I'm sure slapping 2k AC's and adding it to the shop, during an event that applies to it would help the financial conundrum of games.
Help Zyrain Kenobi, you're my only Hope!