*insert cheesy pun here*
Reputation Farming Guide
With the recent release of reputation many people have been asking "How do you rank up so fast?!?!?". This guide is to help those people. At the moment there are quite a few places that incorporate reputation. These places include Dwarfhold, the Evil side, the Good side, Yokai, Vampire and more!. So, lets begin.
If you have trouble killing any monsters or need help with any of the quest, you can always make a post in the =AQW= Lets Party thread found within AQWorlds General Discussion. However, due to the nature of most reputation quest factions, oftentimes it is not necessary to find parties, or even full rooms. See below for more details.
Table of Contents:
These are some ways to make farming less slow and more accessible for older computers. They may not be necessary at all if you have some sort of futuristic supercomputer.
- Play on low quality with no sound (Options -> Visuals -> LOW, Sound effects -> OFF). Low quality graphics = reduced strain = less lag = faster farming
- Join a server with fewer people, if possible. This also reduces lag.
- Clear your cache, it also helps reduce lag by reducing the number of things your computer needs to handle at once
- Hide pets.
- Use simple items with little to no animation. Caladbolg is cool, but skipping frames isn't.
- You can even go as far as turning off capes and helmets. Do not unequip them because you will need the stat boosts.
- Pace yourself. You probably won't be able to go from Rank 1 to Rank 10 in a day, set some goals, only do a certain amount every day to avoid burning out.
Breakdown of Reputation Requirements
Rarely will you ever have to farm a faction starting from Rank 1 (most typically drop you off between Rank 4 to 6), but in total, you will need to gain 302,500 Rep in order to get a faction to Rank 10. This number seems daunting (doing the same 400 Rep quest would take 757 times), but as mentioned above, if you only do a little bit each day, it'll add up and finish soon enough.
- 1-2: 900 Rep
- 2-3: 2,700 Rep
- 3-4: 6,400 Rep
- 4-5: 12,500 Rep
- 5-6: 21,600 Rep
- 6-7: 34,300 Rep
- 7-8: 51,200 Rep
- 8-9: 72,900 Rep
- 9-10: 100,000 Rep
What class should I use?
You will oftentimes need different types of classes to handle the different kinds of reputation farming. You will need a multi class and a single-target class. The following are some recommendations on either. There are more than the ones listed, but these are a few choice classes that make your farming experience much less painful. Out of these, Scarlet Sorceress requires the lowest effort to acquire, although it's not always the most efficient. Perhaps get SS, then grind out the factions for the other ones suggested!
Multi-target Classes (for farming lots of monsters at once)
Eternal Inversionist (AoE 6)
Archpaladin (AoE 3)
Blaze Binder (strong AoE 3)
Blood Sorceress (AoE 3)
Scarlet Sorceress (AoE 3, requires level 50)
Royal Battlemage (strong AoE 3)
Shaman (strong AoE 3)
Daimon (AoE 3), only 200k gold required
Single-target Classes (for farming bosses)
Dragonslayer General is probably the easiest to get one out of these, and is pretty strong against even non-dragons.
Necromancer (Rank 10 Doomwood is needed for Blaze Binder, the buff makes this a decent pick again)
Darkblood StormKing (doubles as a decent multi-target class)
Legion Doomknight (seasonal)
Lightmage (requires 1000 ACs)
Lightcaster (requires level 80 and Lightmage)
Learn how to play them by following guides around the internet or by asking in the =AQW= Class Discussion threads in AQWorlds General Discussion.
- Learn your skill keys. Skill 1 corresponds to keyboard button numeral 2, 2 = 3, and so on. Not only is this more efficient than clicking the skill icons, but it is also less strain on the hand.
- Know how you are farming. As many locations involve repeatedly defeating low-HP monsters, it is better to use something like Shaman than it is to use Elemental Dracomancer. There are some exceptions, which will also be detailed in their respective post positions.
- When possible, room-hop. This means typing /join place-100000, using Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V. Copy the /join text, and then when you clear the room, press Enter, Paste, Enter to quickly join a new room. This is oftentimes faster than waiting for the room to respawn (especially when farming alone), and gets you to your goal faster.
- Know what you're farming. Exploiting type weaknesses can let you finish significantly faster than if you are not using them.
- If your faction involves killing a lot of chaos monsters, grab a Chaorrupter Unlocked to inflict 50% more damage.
- If your faction involves killing a lot of undead monsters, you may need a Blinding Light of Destiny, or Dual Chainsaw Katanas, or one of the Khopesh weapons to inflict up to 51% more damage.
- If your faction involves killing a lot of dragon monsters, equip the Dragon Blade or Evolved Dragon Blade to inflict 50% more damage. However, note that the first one costs 2500 ACs and the second is Legend-only, so you may not want to follow this tip.
- Sepulchure's Doomknight Armor or the Necrotic Sword of Doom can inflict up to 51% more damage against Humans. For players without access to those two items of dark power, Dual Chainsaw Katanas also does 25% more damage to Humans as well.
- For anything else, equip the Burning Blade, one of the three sacred Celestial Realm weapons, or any of the Archfiend DoomLord items to inflict 15% more damage to all monsters!
- Make your farming count for more! Use 2x Reputation Boosts, farm on Server Boost days, or equip items that grant more Rep per turn-in.
The following are a short list of items that improve Rep rewards. For best results, not using the weapon from these sets allows you to have a static weapon, or use one that grants boosts against monster types:
- Equipping any piece of the Arcana Invoker set grants +15% more Rep
- Equipping any piece of the DoomKnight Battlemage set grants +15% more Rep
- Equipping any piece of the Set of Awe grants +25% more Rep, Exp, Gold, and Class Points
- Equipping any piece of the Light and Dark Sun Mage sets grants +25% more Rep, Exp, Gold, and Class Points
- Equipping any piece of the Archfiend DoomLord set grants +25% more Rep, Exp, Gold, and Class Points (and the aforementioned damage boost)
- Invest in a teleporter multi. If your quest-giver or the monster is in a location that's difficult to access, consider registering a new account (or several), placing him or her in position, and then you can use /goto to quickly handle quests.
- August 1st~Guide Started!
- August 7th~Added Upper City Quests
- August 15th~Added Reputation Rewards per Quest (Thanks Mecha Mario)
- August 17th~Added Links to All Quests (Thanks to Zyrain), Also added all the Daily Quests.
- September 5th~Added Evil and Good Reputation Guides. Took some ideas from Awesomeosaurus for Good Quests. Added two lines between each section, thanks Zyrain! Finally, added some quests for non members for good and evil, thanks to Azjurai. Formatting updates.
- September 6th~Added alternative ways to complete evil quests thanks to Lord Coxy.
- September 7th~Corrected Skele-tongue quests, thanks Moneybags!
- September 20th~Rank Picture Update
- September 26th~Yokai Section Started
- September 27th~Added "Best Challenge" rep quest to Yokai, thanks to Lady Azjurai for providing the strategy for the quest.
- September 29th~Removed Ryoku Rep, no longer in game.
- September 30th~Refined Yokai farming method a little.
- October 2nd~Corrections made to Yokai rep, thanks to Lady Azjurai.
- October 3rd~Added farming tips, thanks to .Shadow//
- October 4th~Added the non member quest for Yokai Rep, thanks to BlackFlameWarrior. Noted that Best Challenge is member only.
- October 7th~Updated rank 10 picture.
- October 17th~Typos and a link added thanks to Mecha Mario.
- October 24th~Made corrections to "Bone-afied" quest, thanks to Ghost of Chaos
- January 5th~Updated Good method
- January 9th~Added the new Yokai quests along with their methods.
- January 13th~Hag quest added thanks to popular demand.
- January 16th~Added the new Yokai quests along with their methods.
- January 17th~Updated Good method (Thanks to Lord Qkidm). Also, a slight update to the Dwarfhold method (Thanks to Omega1000)
- January 19th~Added another method to Dwarfhold (Thanks to Indestructable)
- January 22nd~Added the brand new Yokai Daily Quests.
- January 29th~Added the brand new Evil and Good Daily Quests.
- February 26th~Created the Vampire Rep section. Added the fastest methods and daily quests.
- February 27th~Formatting updates and typo corrections.
- March 5th~Removed storyline related yokai reputation quests since they are now one time only. Lycan section started. Vampire Daily Quest numbers updated.
- March 6th~Updated Vampire farming method.
- March 8th~Re-added some Yokai methods that where not actually removed.
- March 9th~Guide posted for approval
- March 13thish~Guide Approved! (ish because I wasn't sure what day it was.)
- March 20th~Added the new Daily Rep Quests for both Lycan and Vampire. Thanks to Tokijin for taking the time to update the wikipage.
- March 21st~Updated methods for Good and Evil so they provide the fastest way. Thanks to lagged.
- March 23rd~Correction made to Yokai farming method. Thanks to Jonzee_Boy and drakath569.
- March 26th~Corrected typos in Good Rep. Thanks to lagged.
- March 28th~Updated rank 10 picture.
- April 25th~Removed suggestion to farm Big Bad Yokai for non member, it is a members only quest. Thanks to Lord Qkidm for the correction.
- May1st~Mythsong section started. Added fastest farming method and daily quest (they happen to be the same thing). Thanks to CodeM for corrections through out the guide.
- May 8th~Updated Mythsong section with member/non member farming methods.
- May 10th~Minor update to Mythsong farming method. Thanks to Frost_Bones for the idea.
- May 24th~Updated Rank 10 picture
- June 25th~Thanks to Coolboipai for link fixes.
- July 1st~Thanks to Silver Lion for the note about Guardian Shadow
- July 12th~Thanks to Black_Cloak for suggesting the addition of two quests to tie in with "Radiant Lamps"
- August 1st~Guide turned one year old!
- August 22nd~Arcangrove section added.
- August 23rd~Edited format of guide.
- August 24th~Made guide correction through out the guide. (Thanks to those of you who PM'ed me)
- September 27th~Added the daily quest for Cloister and Mudluk
- September 29th~Updated Rank 10 Pictures
- October 12th~Thanks to Zyrain for suggesting to link Arcangrove dailies to their wikipage.
- January 10th~ Added the Sandsea section to the guide.
- January 12th~ Added methods to the Sandsea Section. Thanks to Outlawed for the outline of the section.
- January 30th~ Added two more daily quests to the Sandsea Section. Thanks to coolboypai for reminding me.
- June 4th~Corrected typos in Lycan Area. Thanks to Lord Coxy for pointing them out. Skyguard and Doomwood sections added.
- June5th~Thanks to Jason3 for taking the time to type up and compile the code for the "quickest method" of the Doomwood section.
- July 9th~Thanks to Jason3 for typing up the "Daily Quest" section of the Doomwood section.
- July 31st-Thanks to Lord Coxy for letting me know about the "Alternative Method" in the Doomwood section, as well as the quests for the Skyguard section. He also pointed out a typo in the Vampire Section. Added the members only icon, credit goes to the wiki for making it.
- August 1st~ Guid turned two years old!
- August 6th~Fixed typos pointed out to me by Monstrocon. Thanks to KIALA WORIOR for pointing out two quests that weren't marked as member only.
- August 14th~Thanks to missileman for pointing out a typo in the Sandsea section. Added Horc and Troll sections.
- November 4th~Thanks to hattqv for the information regarding Horc and Troll. Also added a note regard TMBG Event, thanks to Drakath191 for the suggestion. Thanks to User for the rank 10 updated pictures.
Retro's Update Log:
- 27th of July: I am now the new owner of the Guide. Added the Chronospan Faction.
- 28th of July: Added ThunderForge Faction and finished the Minor Factions.
- 30th of July: Thanks to Meeyeen for a DoomWood quest addition.
- 3rd of August: Added new SpellCrafting Factions in.
- 15th of August: Added a newer (alternative) method for TheSpan, with thanks to GatlingRobot and Zyrain.
- 23rd of August: Added Swordhaven Faction.
- 24th of October: Got a cool banner ^.^! Thanks to .Shadow//!
- 15th of November: Added a note about Blacksmithing's rank cap, thanks to Van Fanel.
- 3rd of April: Finally, FINALLY got around to updating this thing...Ugh... I apologize for the wait...
I would just like to finish this with a big well done to Beo, who has done an amazing job with most of the guide and I am happy that I am now in ownership of this. I would also like to give a huge thanks to both Technomancer and Zyrain for helping me to tweak this guide, a lot. *Gives Zyrain the look >.>*
December 20th 2015: Guide transferred to The ErosionSeeker. Embersea section updated to accommodate zone changes, BrightOak section added, updated older factions, eg Twisted Paw and Sanguine are no longer "must have party" monsters. Mentioned +Rep items, advanced farming tips, and more.
December 21st 2015: Additional BrightOak method thanks to Rosaxx50, WingBane & Vaderz Granny for mentioning Light/Dark Mage sets' extra +rep%
January 30th 2016: Mythsong faction updates, minor updates.
February 17th 2016: Beastmaster faction revisions thanks to Vanexsa, solved formatting error thanks to DarkFireKiller
February 19th 2016: Starting quest guides for Dreadrock Citadel
February 21st 2016: Dreadrock Citadel hub town quests filled out
February 27th 2016: Loremaster Faction updates thanks to Wizardlife
February 29th 2016: Additional minor updates thanks to Wizardlife
March 11th 2016: Terrarium/Collection quests added, thanks to advice and stats from Wizardlife
March 21st 2016: Skytower Aegis added
March 21st 2016: I am reminded that the BLoD quest chain gives you a buttload of rep, thanks to polot38
April 29th 2016: New Chronospan farming methods discovered, credit to Wingbane
June 4th 2016: Bacon Cat Faction
June 11th 2016: Death Pit Arena Faction
July 15th 2016: Death Pit Brawl Faction, Eternal Faction
July 16th 2016: Throne of Darkness classes added to list
July 18th 2016: Minor fixes, updated guide approved! Champagne corks for everyone!
July 30th 2016: Pet Tamer faction is now farmable
September 19th 2016: Lorestockapalooza's Kimberly quest for big big big rewards
October 11th 2016: Mysterious Dungeon, although I'm sure there will be better things later
October 16th 2016: Hey look, they buffed the Mysterious Dungeon quests
December 17th 2016: Glacera rep added, although it probably doesn't mean anything because the war will likely have better quests
December 31th 2016: Glacera rep finalized, small Elemental Master fix
January 13th 2017: Minor updates to Good/Evil factions, Glacera faction, thanks to Wizardlife
February 17th 2017: Dreadfire Keep factions added, small text fix to Glacera
March 24th 2017: Chaos Militia faction added. New Chaos faction quests are baaaaaaaaad.
April 14th 2017: Monster Hunter faction added.
April 21th 2017: Monster Hunter faction improved.
April 28th 2017: Monster Hunter faction improved... again!
July 18th 2017: Zognax access stuff fixed, thanks to Fxmybrute13
September 10th 2017: You know what, that Crownsreach quest might actually be not that bad.
< Message edited by The ErosionSeeker -- 3/17/2019 20:06:23 >