Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Legendary God Of War Bug

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Legendary God Of War Bug
Page 1 of 3123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/3/2016 16:54:43   
shadow.bane

as we all know that the Legendary god of war unintentionally got nerfed when u switched between weapons gender as in energy to physical and vise versa

and everyone tool advantage of that to get the 3500 rating

what am thinking is to give the first 11 who killed him before this UNINTENTIONAL nerf to it , t give them extra 1500 rating cheevo that they killed it in a hard mode !

u really think a rank 1 or 2 can kill it in old version ?

Bane Hallow The Last Shadow Fiend.
AQW Epic  Post #: 1
1/3/2016 17:00:36   
Mother1

TO be honest no I don't. I think they would need at least 30 ranks to pull this off if lucky. But to be honest I am not sure if it was a bug or if it was intentional due to him being tied to a mission unlike the others.
Epic  Post #: 2
1/3/2016 17:13:54   
shadow.bane

and the first 11 to kill how do u think that makes us feel ? lol check twitter #EDCodes and u will see braggers about killing the boss ! while we bust ourselves with many tries many strategies wasted loads of money to be able to kill it and they get it easy ? it's just like underdog lmfao we do the hard work lower rank get things without it lol , think .
AQW Epic  Post #: 3
1/3/2016 17:19:07   
Mother1

@ Shadow bane

At least you didn't get a connection lost when you were literally 1 turn away from beating him? (If you did then you will feel my pain seeing as that is what happened with my last attempt) But yeah I can understand your pain.

However, if it wasn't an intentional bug and it was intended for him to be this way then that make this even worse seeing as those 11 should have had it easy as well.
Epic  Post #: 4
1/3/2016 17:20:47   
racing.lo.mas

Well I'm one of those players who could beat him with the energy version and tbh it feels bad that I have tryed really hard and wasted a lot of credits and time on it, while now all players are beating him more easily. Before it felt so good that I was one of those few people who could beat him. I'd like to get something else because I beat him in a hardest way but.. I don't think this would be fair.
Epic  Post #: 5
1/3/2016 17:31:13   
Mother1

Or rather add a legendary hard mode with another cheevo if anything. I know about 2 other players who beat him with the original mode besides the two of you who are posting here, and one of the other two I know feels the same way.

(Seeing as he posted the bug about the change and wasn't happy about it either.)
Epic  Post #: 6
1/3/2016 17:48:31   
shadow.bane

@Mother1 I have gotten connection lost more then the hair on your head lol , I live in Lebanon that's enough proof that I have a wooden internet , cause in Lebanon the internet we use is has been used by Vikings thousands years ago when Odin landed and show them lightning and they praised him as a god !
AQW Epic  Post #: 7
1/3/2016 18:11:13   
dfo99

i was one of those who defeat the lgow with energy sword and support give an extra rating for the ones who defeat the lgow before the bug fix, now everybody is defeating him using bm.
Post #: 8
1/3/2016 18:32:14   
shadow.bane

yeah the ones who killed before the bug were :

Emolicious
..Cosmic Emperor..
MapWarCyber
Bane.Hall0w (me)
Kratos style
.Darkness Lord.
Variation
ConQrr
Lord Machaar
R A C I N G

Oh well excuse me we are 10 not 11 ! and if I forget any please tell me and sorry for this misunderstanding

but really we deserve extra rating !!!
AQW Epic  Post #: 9
1/3/2016 18:57:14   
The berserker killer

Why give them extra ratings? Im sorry but that just doesn't make sense to me. Things happen. Varium players wanted their weapons to stay varium only yet devs never compensated any one of us. Black abyss was released for credits a few months after its release yet we never received compensation.

Its a npc, I don't see a reason to compensate anyone for beating them prior to a nerf.

But then again im biased because rating points mean nothing to me. So idk, support I guess.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 10
1/3/2016 19:27:33   
Mother1

@ TBK

There hard work beating this boss was literally spat on when they made this change intentional or not.

While I don't know of this in Epic duel I know of this in something else I did years ago when another site's system had a goal that was almost impossible to do and said it couldn't be done. (due to the system being on a sliding scale where the top user affected all users under them) but in under a year I not only proved them wrong but claimed the top spot for myself. Then 3 months later they changed the system from the linear one to a fixed one so everyone could get the same thing I did a lot easier.

When this happened a lot of people mocked me saying "I worked so hard for said thing when I could have waited for said change to get it easy."

So even though I didn't accomplish this task can relate to said feeling.

@ Bane Hallow

It was actually Mapwarcyber who posted the BM build on twitter so that everyone could beat him easy.

< Message edited by Mother1 -- 1/3/2016 19:40:52 >
Epic  Post #: 11
1/3/2016 19:44:59   
dfo99

tbk

that is not a rational comparison. plus, when the enhancement system was removed there was a compensation and a achievement.

< Message edited by dfo99 -- 1/3/2016 19:45:21 >
Post #: 12
1/3/2016 20:10:54   
Baron Dante

You know, I don't really see it.

It's not all that different from cases where newer, better ways to beat a challenge comes out. Yeah, the specifics on WHY it became easier are different, but the end result is the same: It got easier over time, and that's that.

If it was, in fact, unintentional, there might be a point to doing something about it. However, that something shouldn't be "give the people that did it properly more points", specifically because of the unintentional nature of it.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 13
1/3/2016 23:06:51   
Lord Machaar

WhiteTiger locked my thread about this bug stating that:
1- It might be an bug.
2- It might be an intentional nerf.
Since almost 2 weeks now, no one from the team knows if this is a bug or an intentional nerf. Even our PR guy is sleeping somewhere without even knowing what we are talking about. Anyways, if it is a bug and it will be fixed, I congratulate all those who abused it, although it upsets me because it is unfair, when X amount of players wasted weeks/days and tons of credits to defeat the boss, while others spent few tries and a small amount of credits. But well, since when ED devs cared.

Yet, if this was an intentional nerf, this would probably be the last time I waste ANY single second trying to defeat a legendary boss, because simply, I could come here to the forums, cry a lil bit like some players did, and then get a nerf, after almost 10 - 15 players defeated the boss. I also demand a compensation, more rating points should be added to the achievement given by defeating the harder version of LGOW, simply make it rare, or there is this:
- Let the current LGOW as it is, with all physical primary weapons, and same cheevo for defeating him.
- And bring back the older LGOW (With a different name) with his energy sword, defeating him would grant you a new 4.5k rating points cheevo.
So, we (players who defeated the harder LGOW), would have our a 4.5k rating cheevo (upgraded), plus we could simply defeat the current easier LGOW and obtain a 3.5k rating cheevo.

Alright, to answer some individuals comparing some "nerfs" with LGOW nerf, well here is the thing:
- Varium weapons removal, enhancements removal, etc... etc... was a necessary move because such items were game breaking (according to the devs), well, does LGOW being hard breaks or affects the game's balance in any way?
- There are those who say that LGOW is implemented in a mission, at the end of the mission, you get 2 coreless swords, you don't get a cheevo, or a special core that helps you in PVP. Yet, why no one complained when defeating M4tr1x granted access to a special shop.
- For those who compare the bug to other bugs, well as I said before, if this was a bug, then I don't really have a problem, congratz to those who defeated the boss, but then this bug is not like other bugs, sure it's a harmless bug, but not totally harmless, since players who spent more time defeating the harder version of the boss will lose the trust in devs, bugs like Deuce's drops selling for a huge amount of creds benefits everyone, LGOW's bug does benefit some but also affects some others.
- LGOW's bug (if it's a bug) remembers me of the return of Physical Eggzooka, sure it does benefit most of the players, but again, it makes players lose trust in the devs, the devs simply lose their credibility, thus why should I spend varium on an item that is meant to be rare and never come back? Why should I spend hell of a time to defeat LGOW for it to get intentionally bugged/nerfed a few weeks later? And why I say it is intentionally bugged, because simply no one reported Deimos/Phobos being bugged.

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 1/3/2016 23:14:44 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 14
1/3/2016 23:48:12   
racing.lo.mas

It was a bug, Phobos was suposed to be P and Diemons E.
It hasnt sence that they changed the type of both swords to nerf the boss, while they could just take Phobos and put Deimos on the boss. Change the type its the worst option for a nerf because there were players who already had the weapon. In my case I had Deimos with all stasts and core, when they made it E I stopped of using it.
Machaar, who would report that bug if nobody know that it was a bug? Did you know it was a bug?
Epic  Post #: 15
1/4/2016 0:47:16   
shadow.bane

simply no one but the first 10 notice this bug , cause we got harmed and betrayed by this p to e and e to p switch in weapons ! others never even tried to kill him they just saw MapWarCyber's vid and copy it ! I bet my acc iif any of those rank 1 ---> 25 have ever tried it ! for god's sake a rank 1 killed LEGENDARY GOD OF WAR excuse me for caps but it really gets me mad after wasting a lot of time/credits to kill him while rank 1 --> 25 didn't lol this is hilarious actually , week minded !
AQW Epic  Post #: 16
1/4/2016 1:03:17   
Lord Machaar

quote:

Machaar, who would report that bug if nobody know that it was a bug? Did you know it was a bug?

It's not even a bug, thus why no one reported it, plus if it was bug, why the devs waited 3 - 2 months to fix it? It's a pretty simple bug tbh.
Just because X weapon is blue it must be an energy-dealing weapon, and if its red, it must deal physical damage. This rule has not been respected in many occasions, so why suddenly now devs found this as a bug?

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 1/4/2016 1:05:56 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 17
1/4/2016 1:21:14   
The berserker killer

Eh well im biased. I don't care about bosses so my word probably doesn't matter. I mean its just rating points. But imo if they compensate players for this they need to compensate players for a lot. ESPECIALLLY THAT EGGZOOKA BUG

quote:

thus why should I spend varium on an item that is meant to be rare and never come back? Why should I spend hell of a time to defeat LGOW for it to get intentionally bugged/nerfed a few weeks later?

WHy should I spend time on Legendary Mode if underdog mode is gonna be created. I want my Varium back too lmao

< Message edited by The berserker killer -- 1/4/2016 1:24:59 >
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 18
1/4/2016 1:23:08   
racing.lo.mas

Because nobody reported it..
Dev dont join often to the game (if they do). How will they know that there was a bug?
And I said it before: If they wanted to nerf the boss they could change Phobos with Deimons, a lot easier. Player's who already upgrade one of those weapons wouldnt need to change it.

< Message edited by racing.lo.mas -- 1/4/2016 3:14:48 >
Epic  Post #: 19
1/4/2016 1:26:35   
The berserker killer

I mean the funny thing is that when ONLY variation defeated legendary titan, players were calling for a nerf yet no one dared to bring up him receiving additional points should that boss be nerfed.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 20
1/4/2016 1:32:47   
Lord Machaar

quote:

WHy should I spend time on Legendary Mode if underdog mode is gonna be created. I want my Varium back too lmao

quote:

Alright, to answer some individuals comparing some "nerfs" with LGOW nerf, well here is the thing:
- Varium weapons removal, enhancements removal, etc... etc... was a necessary move because such items were game breaking (according to the devs), well, does LGOW being hard breaks or affects the game's balance in any way?

Same thing can be said for Legendary Mode, game breaking, is LGOW being hard breaks the game in any way? Exactly. I suggest you to read Post #14 to avoid posting things that don't make sense.

quote:

I mean the funny thing is that when ONLY variation defeated legendary titan, players were calling for a nerf yet no one dared to bring up him receiving additional points should that boss be nerfed.

There is a difference between 10 - 15 players defeating boss, and 1 player defeating him. Maybe that 1 player used hacks or was super lucky, you never know. And if that player defeated him fair and square, then it's up to him to ask for a compensation and we wouldn't disagree because that person deserves it.

quote:

And I said it before: If they wanted to nerf the boss they could change Phobos with Deimons, a lot easier. Player's who already upgrade one of those weapons wouldnt need to change it.

Already suggested that here:
http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=22074769&mpage=1&key=�

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 1/4/2016 1:34:23 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 21
1/4/2016 2:05:43   
shadow.bane

wait what ? legendary titan was never nerfed still the same since created !!!
AQW Epic  Post #: 22
1/4/2016 2:42:43   
Mother1

@ Lord Machaar

And would anyone have known that the energy sword wasn't supposed to be like that in the first place to even report it as a bug? How can you report a bug if you don't even know it is one in the first place?

I mean seriously don't you think the players would have reported said bug if they knew it in the first place? Not to mention the staff is busy with bio beast and wasn't even giving Epic duel 100% of their attention. I mean look at how long it took them to fix hatching rush and that was reported for the longest.

If it took them that long to fix bugs that were reported due to not being their full time I can understand them taking this long to fix this one even if it is spitting in the faces of the 10 players that worked hard to beat him as he was.

Also compensation for this? Good luck with that one seeing as you pointed out the Egg aux incident was not only never compensated for, but they didn't even remove all the aux's out of the people's inventories and give them back their credits.
Epic  Post #: 23
1/4/2016 2:43:52   
The berserker killer

He wasn't nerfed but was close to it because of whiners. Hes just a boss, not affecting the game in any way. so what if more people beat him? Id support this if there was a leaderboard that showed the players who defeated him and in what rounds then it would make sense. As for now that list of players doesn't include everyone who first defeated him. It just includes the players who bragged about it, I know 12 more players who defeated him before that update.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 24
1/4/2016 3:24:14   
Lord Machaar

@Mother1:
quote:

And would anyone have known that the energy sword wasn't supposed to be like that in the first place to even report it as a bug? How can you report a bug if you don't even know it is one in the first place?

This bug wasn't reported because simply it isn't a bug. The "color of the weapon decides whether it is energy or physical" rule was broken many, many times, thus why players, including me were almost certain that this is not a bug, and I can bring up a list of weapons that have colors indicating that they are physical but they are energy and vice versa. Deimos and Phobos aren't the first one to break this rule.
All of this will get confusing until we get a final answer from the devs, was this:
- An intentional nerf?
- Is this currently a bug?
- Or it was in the first place a bug, and the boss wasn't meant to be this hard, so fixing that bug nerfed the boss unintentionally?
I mean there are a lot of confusing questions, we would be just wasting our time looking for answers that could be given by devs in one sentence.
quote:

Also compensation for this? Good luck with that one seeing as you pointed out the Egg aux incident was not only never compensated for, but they didn't even remove all the aux's out of the people's inventories and give them back their credits.

The devs do know how many players defeated the boss, even when and who did it first. Unlike the Egg aux, which wasn't fixed, we are simply not demanding the devs to take away the cheevos from those who defeated the boss, just like many demanded from them to remove the egg aux from their inventories. We are simply giving doable suggestions:
- Let the currently nerfed LGOW as it is, giving a 3.5k rating cheevo called mark of respect, which is the current one.
- Re-introduce the LGOW with an energy sword, as a hard mode, giving 4.5k rating points. The players who defeated LGOW with an energy sword, will receive this cheevo. While they will have to defeat the currently nerfed LGOW to get the 3.5k one.
So we aren't really demanding for a complicated compensation.
There are many other suggestions but I gave this one as an example.
quote:

not affecting the game in any way. so what if more people beat him?

- It's not affecting the game in any way, then why nerf it? Because nerfing it would do more harm than good in this case. If more people beat him, legitemately, I agree, but defeating him after a nerf, I strongly disagree, because the nerf wasn't needed.
- What's the purpose of making a legendary Titan 2.0? In fact an easier version whereas, OWA or SSM, can't remember who, indicated that in the storyline, LGOW is harder than legendary titan. I cba to look for where one of them said that but one of them did and I'm sure they can confirm.

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 1/4/2016 3:32:30 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Legendary God Of War Bug
Page 1 of 3123>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition