Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Legendary God Of War Bug

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> RE: Legendary God Of War Bug
Page 2 of 3<123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/4/2016 10:29:11   
Therril Oreb
Legendary AdventureGuide!

The Legendary God of War got his type changed to physical and it is not scheduled for any changes.
People who beat him before, congratulations for beating him.
Those who do it now, it might be easier but still great you did it.

The nerf was not intentional and neither is it a bug or was it a bug.
i hope this clears things up.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 26
1/4/2016 11:26:44   
Lord Machaar

quote:

The nerf was not intentional and neither is it a bug or was it a bug. I hope this clears things.

Haha, this actually made me laugh, because I seriously don't know what to say. If this wasn't an intentional nerf, nor it was bug that was fixed, nor it is a bug now that must be fixed. Then what are we talking about here, a potato, aliens, unicorns...?

Unless one of the devs woke up one day and felt like we must change this, because simply he doesn't like it, or a prophecy was sent to him somehow telling him the world will end if you don't change that thing.

I don't know if your answer is made up or actually taken from one of the devs, but sadly, no, it doesn't clear up anything as it doesn't answer absolutely nothing. In the last DNs, it was indirectly mentioned that LGOW was indirectly bugged because deimos/phobos were bugged, the boss was never meant to be this hard as he was meant to have only physical weapons. The question though that's pretty ironic, why wait 3 months? Why not tell the players not to waste their efforts since the boss is bugged? But well, Biobeasts, the answer is always Biobeasts.

I guess next time we should wait at least three months before trying anything in the game, who knows, it might be bugged, or it might receive an unessecary nerf, because we are here sadly dealing with teens going through puberty who change up their mind every now and then not adults.
MQ Epic  Post #: 27
1/4/2016 12:09:07   
Optimise

Hiya Therril,

There is a huge sense of ignorance in your post as it is insulting those who had defeated the boss before this unintentional nerf. It is blatantly clear that this nerf has degraded the difficulty of beating this particular legendary boss quite drastically, whether it was intentional or not.

Congratulating those who beat him prior to the patch isn't sufficient enough to reward them for their hard work - having went through a lot of difficult situations to defeat this boss, which were already mentioned in this thread.

As quoted by Machaar, you mention that this is not a bug, nor was it a bug. If this was not a bug, then was a nerf actually necessary? The devs are contradicting them by saying this wasn't bug, as this change was listed under Bug Fixes in the latest patch notes. If this was indeed a bug, then it should have been spotted by the testers - and even if it was overlooked by the testers, then a quick hotfix would have done the trick from the first few days of the initial update which had brought the boss into this game - preventing such uproar from occurring.

Regardless of whether this change was brought down upon by aliens, unicorns, or a prophecy. It still stands that the previous players had defeated a different boss than this one, as it's weapons were not the same, and should be compensated for this mistake that the devs had made.

I appreciate the time you took to make your post, but to be frank it does not answer many of our queries regarding this matter. You only stated the reason as to why the players are wanting compensation, and have not provided a valid reason for this peculiar change to debate on. Satisfaction will not be met until the players are adequately compensated.

Regards,
Optimise

< Message edited by Optimise -- 1/4/2016 12:19:24 >
Post #: 28
1/4/2016 13:21:22   
The berserker killer

Guys it's really not that serious.

I mean you do see what will happen here if they don't be strong and stand by their decisions as they have always done?

No one ever gets reimbursed in this game, and they SHOULDNT. Its in the terms and conditions that AE has the right to modify or make any changes they wish.

Which means if you so happen to get them to fold, which you probably wont, they'll not only have to reimburse you guys but will be pressured to reimburse everyone for a ton of things including the eggzooka mistake.

Just as free players tell varium players (after their weapons are nerfed) "you shouldn't have bought it =P", im telling you guys you should've probably waited.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 29
1/4/2016 13:51:46   
Lord Machaar

quote:

Guys it's really not that serious.

You should add, "in my opinion, it's realy not that serious." Because you haven't defeated any legendary boss, nor wasted any time or credits, therefore I do understand where you coming from as you probably have no idea what you are talking about.

quote:

No one ever gets reimbursed in this game, and they SHOULDNT. Its in the terms and conditions that AE has the right to modify or make any changes they wish.

Enhancements were reimbursed, since there was a legitimate reason for that. Modifying or changing anything in-game must come with a detailed reasoning, why and how? We aren't here living in a forest, humanity evolved from that to a more civilized state where people actually talk between them to find solutions. I don't have a problem with them modifying, making changes, or removing anything in-game, but then give me a reasoning, why and how, just like they did with enhancements. As simple as that, otherwise if:

quote:

I mean you do see what will happen here if they don't be strong and stand by their decisions as they have always done?

What will happen if they keep standing by non-sense decisions, making decisions out of the blue, waking up in the morning and deciding to modify the game without further discussion, then why should we keep playing this game?

quote:

Which means if you so happen to get them to fold, which you probably wont, they'll not only have to reimburse you guys but will be pressured to reimburse everyone for a ton of things including the eggzooka mistake.

And once again, I refer to post #14 that I highly recommend you to read. We aren't directly asking for a compensation, we are giving suggestions to fix the situation. The difference between physical eggzooka bug and this bug, there were only 2 ways to fix physical eggzooka bug, remove it from the inventory of anyone who bought it after the bug, or giving compensation to those who bought it with varium.
LGOW's bug or nerf, or whatever you wish to call it, is different, which means fixing it would be different, and ofcourse with many more way to fix it, I already suggested this:
quote:

- Let the currently nerfed LGOW as it is, giving a 3.5k rating cheevo called mark of respect, which is the current cheevo.
- Re-introduce the LGOW with an energy sword, as a hard mode, giving 4.5k rating points. The players who defeated LGOW with an energy sword, will receive this cheevo. While they will have to defeat the currently nerfed LGOW to get the 3.5k one.
So we aren't really demanding for a complicated compensation, it can be considered as a suggestion, re-introduce LGOW with an energy sword, make a new a cheevo and replace it with mark of respect in the achievements list of those who defeated him.
There could be other suggestions to make this go smoother without making devs lose their credibility or us losing our trust in them.

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 1/4/2016 13:59:03 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 30
1/4/2016 14:34:14   
axell5

I'd actually support making an even harder mode where the enrgy version is included, giving it an achievement with more rating points and automatically gifing it to people who defeated him before-hand while locking the previous one (for the current physical version) untill they beat that version. The reasoning behind this is that players who defeated the pre-patch GoW will have their compensation while people who didn't would still fight the 3rd match-up to try to get that greater achievement.
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 31
1/4/2016 14:58:44   
Mother1

No offense to the PR and guest staff here who are doing their best to answer the question, but I personally feel it would be best if one of the head staff came in and gave an answer. I am reading the answers and as I said no offense to any of you, but all I am seeing is contridicting and very confusing answers.

The only thing I seen that has made any sense is that the legendary GOW isn't scheduled for any changes.

It still doesn't answer whether this was a bug or not.
Epic  Post #: 32
1/4/2016 15:21:46   
shadow.bane

@TBK when u kill a legendary boss then u might understand how serious it is
@Therril thanks for being ignorant guess am wrong coming back to forums again thought it's better now but still the same ignorance
AQW Epic  Post #: 33
1/4/2016 16:09:59   
Therril Oreb
Legendary AdventureGuide!

As I said, this was not a bug. GoW was meant like that but due to people saying it is inconsistent, the developers changed it to physical damage to have the damage type make sense.
Changing the damage type resulted in a nerf. It was not intended as one.

However, people now see it as insulting to keep him this way and say it is unfair to the people who did beat him before the nerf.
After the change, very few people still managed to beat GoW, so the nerf is not considered an urgent matter and is not scheduled for any changes anytime soon.
They will focus on other matters on EpicDuel in the mean time.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 34
1/4/2016 17:07:03   
racing.lo.mas

Ok, it isnt a bug then?. In the link Lord Machaar gave to us dev mentioned they changed Phobos to P and Deimons to E, and the reason is ithat it was a bug.

< Message edited by racing.lo.mas -- 1/4/2016 17:09:45 >
Epic  Post #: 35
1/4/2016 17:10:46   
Lord Machaar

Whatever, I'm not going to continue with this non-sense conversation, because till now you still have no idea what you are saying, just stating that this won't be changed, even though you have no idea what you are talking about.
MQ Epic  Post #: 36
1/4/2016 17:12:16   
shadow.bane

@therril you probably didn't understand us well ! rank 1 has been beating him not only just a few managed to lol , this is absolute bs plus @machaar don't mind therril he probably don't play ed even .

< Message edited by shadow.bane -- 1/4/2016 17:13:31 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 37
1/4/2016 18:09:06   
The berserker killer

XD this is tooo funny. Welcome to how varium players have been feeling. Its really entertaining seeing free players squirm, like I really cant resist myself
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 38
1/4/2016 18:44:35   
Lord Machaar

quote:

XD this is tooo funny. Welcome to how varium players have been feeling. Its really entertaining seeing free players squirm, like I really cant resist myself

Well for the nth time and probably last I will say this:
quote:

Alright, to answer some individuals comparing some "nerfs" with LGOW nerf, well here is the thing:
- Varium weapons removal, enhancements removal, etc... etc... was a necessary move because such items were game breaking (according to the devs), well, does LGOW being hard breaks or affects the game's balance in any way?

Underdog mode release, enhancements removal, X thing getting balanced (nerfed or buffed)... are all things done based on a reasoning, they are urgent matters, as Mr. Therril replied, stating there are more urgent matters. Does nerfing LGOW falls under the urgent matters? Does LGOW being hard affects the game's balance like varium weapons did, or legendary ranks do? Exactly.

I wouldn't be pissed if X thing contributes in a negative way to the overall balance of the game gets fixed, even though I worked for it, because then we are speaking about an urgent matter, and game balance is above all. Although, as you can see, if you can use the little amount of neurones you have in your brain, we are speaking about a topic of another matter.

PS: I don't know what you are meaning by saying seeing "free players squirm", as everyone who you are talking to here have bought varium. So I would probably, if I were in your shoes, watch the words that are coming out of my mouth, because you never know what could happen, since a lot of bans are occurring lately for whatever reason lately .

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 1/4/2016 18:49:19 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 39
1/4/2016 19:09:40   
Optimise

quote:

As I said, this was not a bug. GoW was meant like that but due to people saying it is inconsistent, the developers changed it to physical damage to have the damage type make sense.
Changing the damage type resulted in a nerf. It was not intended as one.

However, people now see it as insulting to keep him this way and say it is unfair to the people who did beat him before the nerf.
After the change, very few people still managed to beat GoW, so the nerf is not considered an urgent matter and is not scheduled for any changes anytime soon.
They will focus on other matters on EpicDuel in the mean time.

Hi,

I find it quite ironic that while there are more pressing and urgent matters that require more attention as you mentioned, the devs decided to listen to a small minority* of the community regarding the P/E version of this boss subsequently changing it after 2-3 months time, rather than making the change a few days after the initial update.

If the devs are indeed working on their supposed urgent matters, then I presume many aspects of the game is being looked into, one of them being the current war system. I understand that the devs are presently working on development for BioBeasts, but they have been exempt from updating ED for the 29 days other than having to post that design note regarding the gifting event - which prompts us to believe that the devs are planning major improvements for the game.

It is quite hard to understand what cases the devs regard as urgent seeing as suggestions and concerns of the community are being neglected quite often, and it has been sometime since a major update - the latest update that I would classify as major is Underdog mode.

I truly believe that a change wasn't necessary whether it was reported by the community or not*, and seeing as this was intended to be like this by the devs then this further explains why a change wasn't even required. There are many other suggestions and reports that are easier to fix or implement which aren't being regarding as urgent, but for some reason the devs decided to listen to a single report about this, and then subsequently make a change which caused this uproar.

Nonetheless I believe we have failed to make the devs realize that this change has quite the impact on the players, and make them regard this as an urgent matter, seeing as they only make changes to what they believe is urgent. Whether only a few people beat him after the patch is not the case, many more will defeat him in the near future with complete ease whereas those who have defeated him prior to the patch are and will always be neglected by the devs now and in the foreseeable future regarding this particular case.

*I can only find one report which may have changed the devs mind, even though it was locked by an AK regarding it as not a bug. Other than this I cannot find any other posts mentioning the P/E difference which may have influenced the devs to change it, and even if there were more reports about this - it was hardly noticeable, but it was supposedly so urgent that a change was required.

Regards,
Optimise

< Message edited by Optimise -- 1/4/2016 19:17:10 >
Post #: 40
1/18/2016 16:01:52   
  Nightwraith

After some discussion, we've arrived at a decision for Legendary God of War:

First of all, the nerf was unintentional. Phobos was always supposed to be physical and Deimos was supposed to be energy according to their respective color schemes. We didn't anticipate the change in the God of War's difficulty to be so dramatic. However, since he was always supposed to wield Phobos, we feel he should remain as is.

To compensate the players who defeated him before the damage type change, a new achievement will be created and assigned to the deserving players for 1500 bonus RP. This will not happen until we restart the servers to activate the new war. The achievements will be assigned manually so there may be a delay between when the update is live and when you see it in your achievements page.
Post #: 41
1/18/2016 17:08:11   
Lord Machaar

First of all thank you for your response and detailed clarfication, knowing that this was not an intentional nerf.

The compensation is very much appreciated, although I would like to hear your opinion about my compensation suggestion, or you can count it as a suggestion after the compensation part was fulfilled. The suggestion is about re-introducing the bugged Legendary God Of War with the energy sword, that is currently Deimos. The initial bug made LGOW a much harder legendary boss than it was intended to be.
Re-introducing the bugged LGOW*, won't take much of the devs time as it is already there, plus it would make a great challenge, since as you can see, a level 39 has defeated the current LGOW, a thing that contradicts with the storyline saying LGOW is more powerful than legendary titan. (I'm sure SSM can confirm).

I'm not a fan of the current method legendary bosses are built upon, basically following the same pattern, same strategy and same skills. The legendary fights became more tiring than fun, yet my suggestion to re-introduce the bugged lgow is just for giving players who have never fought him a chance, so they refrain from saying you guys gave us free RPs, they can try themselves and defeat the boss, and see themselves that they were hard-earned RPs.

I wish in the future, legendary bosses are built differently, making legendary battles more fun and exciting rather than tiring and boring.

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 1/18/2016 17:23:02 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 42
1/18/2016 17:44:57   
  Nightwraith

It's true that the original God of War build with an energy weapon could be added, however, since there are mission dependencies tied to the existing NPC, adding him would risk creating conflicts within the chain. One could argue through lore that the first people to beat him weakened him enough to allow lower-ranked players to defeat him.

Legendary bosses could be improved with further additions and modifications to NPC AI routines. Enemies can have diverse skillsets, but tend to only react to the player rather than anticipate potential actions. ATM the priority is the CS War so this is unlikely to happen soon.
Post #: 43
1/18/2016 19:02:40   
Teufel Hunden

@Nightwraith Any expectations on how long this war will last as well as how bio beasts will progress. I tested the App and it was loads of fun and took some adapting with different characters. But back to the war, how will the differential in numbers between legion and exile be compensated? Any news or not yet worried about that?

Back to the subject on hand, God of War facerolls me everytime, good job to those who beat them and I hope to join you one day Lol

< Message edited by DaBombExpert -- 1/18/2016 19:03:15 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 44
1/19/2016 6:33:47   
The berserker killer

Ohhh okay now I totally understand the main focus of this game. Im so sorry NW but that was unintentionally disrespectful to the ED players who spent real money to buy the eggzookas only to have them returned for credits through some 72+ hour glitch. Not only that but they were not even compensated for it even though every attempt was made on forums and twitter to contact the devs. And the response was "Whoa!.... get it while you can".

You know it's sad I have to stoop so low here, but what I have to say next has to be said at this point. Without Varium players/payers who spend real life money btw to help fund the game, this game would not be as big as it was. So to completely ignore hundreds of requests by varium players who bought a unique rare item with real life money, while catering to 6-10 players who complain about a in game NPC... I just don't know anymore.

That's really sad. I don't get it. Hundreds of requests to remove the eggzookas from the shop, not even from everyones inventory, gets ignored for days. 70+ Retweets and Favorites to implement Influence per Battle again, along with multiple suggestions, gets ignored for 10 months now. 7 Players ask for compensation with "rating points" that has absolutely nothing to do with PVP or the progression of this game and that gets accepted? 7 Players?

That's rubbish. I don't know anymore.

Don't get me wrong, I could care less about a boss. Theyre pretty useless. It's just that sometimes when I talk to Nemesis we like to talk about how it's like the devs got our backs and we'll always support them. But after seeing this? Man

< Message edited by The berserker killer -- 1/19/2016 6:37:23 >
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 45
1/19/2016 7:54:13   
shadow.bane

@nightwraith am glad that u have done the right decision ! cause I think the first 10 deserves those 1500 RP thank u so much ^_^
AQW Epic  Post #: 46
1/19/2016 11:32:12   
Satafou

I actually agree with @berker for once. It's quite ludicrous that a small and trivial matter has been adressed so quickly and elegantly yet when something such as rares being returned to the game that was entirely the devs fault, was abused and that item lost a considerate amount of it's value. Not to mention it was origionally a highly priced varium item, and returned by mistake being sold for mere credits, not even varium. Not to mention the 1500 RP granted to these players is unobtainable now to the rest of the community. I'm quite certain there is other players who could have beaten LGOW without the newly weapon type change, once they reached more ranks or even if they were active and not on a break or so. The so called nerf has been hugely exxagerated.

Compansation is fine, it's what is rightly deserved as mistakes like this shouldn't really happen in the first place. However more thought should have been taken into consideration. Why not give them a massive jackpot of credits? Like 1 million extra credits? That is more than generous enough and it doesn't grant players any advantage of those who could have achieved the same feat but who weren't around at the time.

< Message edited by Satafou -- 1/19/2016 11:33:13 >
Post #: 47
1/19/2016 11:50:00   
Lord Machaar

The eggzooka bug compared to enhancements removal looks like a tiny matter. As a player who spent hundreds of dollars on enhancements, so in the end they get removed and compensate you with an achievement, alongside a small varium compensation, a currency that lost its value afterwareds , you have two options, whether quit the game or continue playing with a different mentality.

But since you are an omega player, the eggzooka bug looks like a big matter to you. I seriously don't know if you could've survived that removal after spending thousands of dollars, which many players did, and most of them quitted.

Why did they quit? Because in the ToS and rules you agreed to, it is clearly written that your account doesn't belong to you, it belongs to ae, aka they can do anything with it. It is also written that anything spent on the game is spent for good, and don't expect a refund because you are spending your money on a thing that can be removed or changed.

Therefore the devs had the right to remove enhancements without a compensation, but they did it however. Players asked for a beetrer compensation but the answer was in the rules you agreed on in the beginning. Hence why many quitted, and that was the best thing they could do.

Am I happy with the eggzooka bug? I'm not, even though I wasn't playing when that occured otherwise I would've suggested better compensation ways, but in the end you should keep this on your mind, you don't owe the game anything, once you spend your money forget about it, if you don't like this, you can whether stop spending money or quit the game, as simple as that,. I'm playing the game because I know the rules, even if we didn't get a compensation for LGOW's bug, I wouldn't feel bad because I accepted it in the beginning, not wasting any time on legendary battles or quitting the game would be the best thing I could do. Same thing goes for ranking system, etc... Compensation or re-funds in AE games are not a thing, whether due to a bug or a balance change, unless the devs think otherwise and decide something else.

Back to the topic, one of the reasons why this bug compensation occured, it is for the simple fact that it doesn't take much time to get applied, a cheevo that could be drawn by any guest artist, and adding it up to 10 players, basically in half an hour. The eggzooka bug on the other hand is much more complex, I wasn't here when that occured therefore I can't elaborate more on the idea but I'm sure there was a solid reason why there hasn't been any compensation.

When asking for compensations, you should only hope you will get compensated, even though if you have a legitimate reason. From the tone of your post, I see that you think devs are obliged to compensate you, but they are not. I'm not defending the devs here or anything but stating a fact.

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 1/19/2016 12:03:40 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 48
1/19/2016 11:57:09   
The berserker killer

I apologize but I never said enhancements, I am not an omega player, I Have spent more than 10 grand on this game, and the comment was not directed towards you. Forgive me for not finishing/reading the entire thing.

@Satafou: Theoretically speaking they basically abused a "bug" and are being rewarded for it. I don't understand why credits can't be awarded

< Message edited by The berserker killer -- 1/19/2016 11:59:16 >
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 49
1/19/2016 13:29:31   
Satafou

I'm aware that all of our accounts belong to ED. If games in general didn't have this policy they'd be sued for all sorts of matters. However my point i was trying to make was that they aren't obliged to give a compensation, but it's more so the right thing to do. It's what is just. Giving an achievement that is exclusive for players in one perspective abusing a bug and for those who care about rating points they have hardly even been given the chance to achieve the same feat. The reward given, (if it was just) should be something that doesn't affect other players, strictly speaking an extra achievement doesn't affect players however, if you are to slightly shift the perspective to, for example, "i wanted to have one of the highest rating scores in the game and now i can't do that becuase of this acheivement i havn't had the chance to get". Something like extra credits would of been more just as it doesn't affect anyone else, unless for some reason you want to brag on your amount of credits lol.

If there was a solid reason why there's no compensation for the eggzooka, then a link/SS to a statement made about the incidence explaining why there is none would be nice, otherwise it's a probability there's been no compensation due to them simply not caring about the matter.
Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> RE: Legendary God Of War Bug
Page 2 of 3<123>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition