Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

AQW Championship Series: The Great PvP Tournament of 2016!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> AE Fanfiction >> AdventureQuest Worlds >> AQW Championship Series: The Great PvP Tournament of 2016!
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/4/2016 2:56:16   
I am Seventh

About: This series is inspired by my love for the Super Smash Bros. Melee tournament scene. Enjoy!

Part 1: Rules and Preparations

At the Colosseum, thousands of adventurers were signing up for the biggest PvP tournament in history, the AQWCS! Many different classes, levels, and people from all over Lore could be seen. Even with the help of 20 Loremasters, getting everything organized took an obsured amount of time. Because of this, the tournament had to be moved to the next day, so everyone can fight at their full potential.

The next day, the final results were in: 1074 entrants! Not a full house, but it's to be expected at the first tournament.

However, on the day of the tournament, only 1000 made it on time, and so the other 74 were disqualified. Those 1000 were standing on the battlegrounds in the colosseum.

"Hmmm...quite unusual..." Cysero thought aloud, "I'm like, the only person entering with the Cysero Class!"

"Gee, maybe it's because you're the only one who OWNS the class! " Nytheria said scornfully.

"Lucky me!" Cysero said with a smile.

Zhoom was standing above a large podium, ready to remind everyone the rules.

"Okay, I'm only going over this once so you better listen! First of all, any personally created or modified class is banned! Additionally, any class that was not available to the public at ANY point in time may NOT be used" Zhoom explained while staring directly at Cysero.

Cysero quietly snuck away to change his class.

Zhoom continued, "Secondly, this colossuem had been specially created to not disadvantage, or benefit any fighter in the arena. The geographic location was thought out as well. We wouldn't want Cryromancers CRYING if we took this tournament to Xan's or something! HA!"

There was a silence among the crowd.

"...anyways, moving on. Thirdly, pets are allowed, but only if they too are capable of combat, and only if they are less than 1.5x your own size. In other words, giant dragons are not allowed."

"WHAT!?" Galanoth cried, "BUT I'VE BEEN PRACTICING THE DRAGON MATCH-UP ALL MY LIFE!"

"...Dude, change your class already!" Warlic advised, standing right next to Galanoth.

Zhoom continued, "Now this might be a bit controverial, but monsters cannot enter the tournament alone, and can only be with someone of a non-monster race as a 'Battle Pet'. This also means that once their master is defeated, they are prohibitited from fighting any further."

"Now now..." Vayle appeared from the shadows, "How about the undead? They represent a large population, are intelligent, but are classified as monsters?"

Zhoom explained, "Well, we already went over this during registration, but only monsters, inluding undead who have passed the registration IQ test were allowed in. A majority of them were members of Dage's Legion, and I think some Dwakels passed, but were disqualified because of the class rule as formerly mentioned."

"Buhh, what about Sneevy????" A Sneevil asked.

"The prize is a cheque, and won't be kept in a box of any kind." repiled Zhoom.

"WHAAAT!? BUT SNEEVY STUDIED ALL WEEK LONG FOR THAT IQ TEST! LET'S LEAVE GUYS!" Sneevy yelled angrily.

Immediately, 10 Sneevils had left the arena, lowering the amount of fighters to 990.

Zhoom continued to explain, "You may only carry with you 2 classes, 1 weapon, 1 armor, 1 cloak, 1 helm, 1 battle pet, 1 accessory, and any amount of potions with you in your inventory. The matches are a best of 3, so before rounds 2 or 3, the loser may opt to switch classes. The winner may change classes as well, but only before the loser, and they must clearly state if they are changing or not. Both fighters may also equip new potions. Additionally, players are not allowed to peak at their opponents inventory, and are only allowed to see what they have currently equipped, besides potions, which will always remain hidden to the opponent."

Cysero had returned with a hotdog, still equiped with the Cysero Class.

"...uhh, weren't you going to change your class?" Nytheria questioned.

"Hm? Oh, no I just got hungry. Want some fries?" Cysero asked.

Maya's voice could be heard through the speakers.

"Cysero, you are now banned from this tournament. Please feel free to spectate. Your seat is on row E, seat 6", she announced.

Two Pactagonal knights carried Cysero to his seat.

"...want some onion rings?" Cysero asked the person beside him.

Zhoom was starting to get a bit irritated by all the interruptions, "Oh yeah... and the following items are banned:
Potion of Speed/Elixir of Haste
Chaorruptor Unlocked/Locked
Blinding Light of Destiny
Undead Battle Bouquet +25
Grimblight of Destiny
and uhh...you know what, basically any item that does extra damage to certain creatures is banned, and Potion of Speed is too OP."

"Artix-hun, hand over the axe please <3" Trini asked with a deadly smile.

Artix slowly handed over his Blinding Light of Destiny, and Trini handed him a Default Sword.

"Sigh, if I let him keep this, he'd probably somehow break another window again, and there ARE NO windows here!" Trini thought.

"Remember, you're gonna win this tournament so we can repair our backdoor, right hun <3" she reminded him.

"Eheh, of course dear." Artix said nervously.

Zhoom was now finalizing his speach, "Lastly, this is a 2 life tournament, meaning if you lose your match, you are sent to Losers Bracket. The last survivor in Losers Bracket and the last survivor in Winner's Bracket will meet up in Grand Finals! In Grand Finals, if the person in Winners Bracket loses, then a bracket reset happens, in which case he/she is sent to Losers as well, and the final match decides the ultimate winner for the tournament!" Remember, the grand prize is a wopping 300 000 ACs in cheque!" Now I think I explained everything. You guys have 30 min to make any last minute preparations, to train, or to do whatever. Please do not interfere with any match or loiter on the battlegrounds, thank you!

Suddenly, the ground shook, and giant walls divided the colosseum grounds.

Maya explained over a speaker, "The colosseum was divided in ten so that ten matches may happen simultaneously to save time. Also, there are 4 other colosseums like this one, so we can do 40 games at a time! For now, please take a seat at your designated spot, and wait for your match to be called."

These 30 minutes were the most nerve-wracking moments to many fighters there....

TO BE CONTINUED!

< Message edited by I am Seventh -- 1/5/2016 0:53:00 >
AQW  Post #: 1
1/4/2016 3:07:44   
I am Seventh

Please feel free to leave your thoughts below! I tried squeezing in as many jokes as I could, without dragging this part on too long. I completely forgot about the Moglins so they'll appear later along with Beleen, Gravelyn, and more!
AQW  Post #: 2
1/5/2016 0:48:57   
I am Seventh

Part 2: Pools and Unexpected Appearances

"Okay everyone, take your seats! We are going to be doing pools before the bracket begins! Each pool will have 24 fighters, meaning we'll have a total of 42 pools to go through! Also, we have Alina and Beleen commentating the matches. We also have a livestream recording the matches! However, only one match can be recorded at a time since we don't have enough equipment. Our commentators will be commentating only the matches on the stream. We apologize for any inconvience this may cause."

"Psst, hey Alina. What are pools?" Beleen asked.

"They're basically just small tournaments within a tournament. So the winner of each pool advances into the REAL tournament! Also, pools are double elimination as well, meaning there's a losers bracket." Alina answered.

"Wooooah! But won't this tournament take like, MONTHS to finish!?" Beleen wondered.

"Not likely, I expect this should be done in 3 days with what we have." said Alina.

Beleen was curious how this would turn out.

Maya announced, "Attention everyone! From your seat there should be a monitor in front of you. Read the instructions carefully and proceed as follows."

Fighters began to walk down to the battlegrounds, while some had to wait in their seats. Things were getting tense, and Beleen could feel the atmosphere.

"Now everyone! I want to make sure you guys make lots of friends and get to know each other, mmkay (:" Beleen spoke into the mic.

She was right. There wasn't anything too serious happening. In the end, this is all just for fun and for the the chance to meet new people. There can't be competition without communication. Finally, people were starting to look up at each other, and have small conversations amongst one another.

(I'll continue this later, my phone is almost dead, can't find the charger, and it's time for me to go to bed)

< Message edited by I am Seventh -- 1/5/2016 1:09:16 >
AQW  Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> AE Fanfiction >> AdventureQuest Worlds >> AQW Championship Series: The Great PvP Tournament of 2016!
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition