Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =DF= February 3rd Design Notes: Dodging Wrenches - Book Two of DragonFable's Story

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= February 3rd Design Notes: Dodging Wrenches - Book Two of DragonFable's Story
Page 2 of 2<12
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/4/2016 10:07:38   
Rlogg

I understood that book 2 was the trasitional period and was sort of aware of all the shifting of employees so it did feel incomplete but was pretty good. I also think that jania being mad at both warlic and xan was more logical glad you changed that in the end.Also flashback friday is a pretty cool idea.Oh one question when would finally see the end of true mortal saga.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 26
2/4/2016 10:34:20   
Anvos

Well it appears Wargoth believed he was the true Wargoth reborn or something and considering Warlic calls him a demon he likely doesn't need to have 1 set form. As for parentage we don't know but I'm not sure he does as it seems entirely possible the true Wargoth was the "Father" of the Ice/Fire Duality elemental collapsed universe and imprisoning the Altera was his means of not having to resort of mimicking another universe and that would make Warlic the spawn of a fallen god and explain why he inadvertently creates mana when casting spells.

As for the time travel idea the answer is largely no since removing Xan would have too many unknowable ripple effects on time.

Doubt any Flash Back Friday stuff would changes things but rather just expand upon stuff.

< Message edited by Anvos -- 2/4/2016 10:38:19 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 27
2/4/2016 10:42:02   
Sakurai the Cursed

I really really want to see Flashback Fridays happen and have Book 2 more fleshed-out. Actually seeing the effects of the Dissonance and trying to resolve it, seeing Jaania's growing hatred of magic as she tried to fix things caused by abuse of magic, more Ateala culture, etc. I'd especially like to see the Great Dragons!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 28
2/4/2016 14:43:29   
Masi.N

I agree with Rlogg. The true mortal saga should of ended ages ago.
DF  Post #: 29
2/4/2016 16:49:54   
Niki
Legendary AdventureGuide!

True Mortal (the person) is not available due to other obligations in RL. Once a free time would emerge, the saga will continue. Currently we don't have it scheduled.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 30
2/4/2016 16:53:46   
Anvos

More spoilery stuff

spoiler:

Well that would explain why she hasn't just nuked Donovan off the map in AQ. Though the scratches are present before Safiria blows up the tower so that might also be why it went unnoticed.

As for the wider subject of subtlety when I zoomed in during the Missed Raven quest in Book 3 Amity I noticed the symbol of the Enchanter's Guild/Magestirium appears to be the symbol of house Runehawk and the symbol of her mother's likely thief/assassin guild is the house Mystraven symbol.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 31
2/4/2016 17:53:21   
Brasca123

@above. saf in DF seem to be a lot stronger than saf in AQ... i don't think it's wise to make a comparison between them

also, flashback fridays do seem to be an interesting thing, i'd like to see more of it (book 2 if a lot nicer than 3 for my own personal taste)

side note: the words geo used were "flashback fridays" don't expect any change to the current canon by that folks, it won't happen, just a chance for us to see a bit more of book 2
AQ DF  Post #: 32
2/4/2016 18:22:51   
Masi.N

RL stands for real life right?
DF  Post #: 33
2/4/2016 18:43:12   
dark garuda

If there's one thing I will say - much as I enjoyed Book 2, I think Book 3's been by far the most fun yet. Things're just getting better and better, which is amazing!

But that's my opinion - I can understand it's not to everyone's tastes. After all, I'm a total nerd for stories where you have to work around politics and outside of the defined laws, I find it really interesting. The fact that Book 3 deals with villains that are much less powerful in the traditional sense, much more mundane, but are still very much a threat... for me, that's made a cool change. Getting down to a less glamorous role of being an insurgent* rather than being the No.#1 Hero per se, always, and I always found it vaguely disappointing how the world was nearly destroyed... quite a few times, but the suffering that came even after saving was rarely showed.

The pain the Rose causes, no bones are made about that. That's cool.

The game's really matured up over time, a shrewd choice seeing as I'd wager the average playing age of the game has increased a lot over the past few years if I'm anything to go by.

*Besides, who doesn't wanna be Rebel Scum?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 34
2/4/2016 19:11:11   
Zork Knight

quote:

*Besides, who doesn't wanna be Rebel Scum?

*Raises hand so high it reaches the stars*

I'd switch to the Rose side in a heartbeat, but alas, DragonFable is not that kind of game.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 35
2/4/2016 19:19:11   
dark garuda

@Zork - haha, to be fair, I think the Rose raise a lot of valid points. I've frequently questioned as to whether we're doing the right thing in the long-term. Our character's an impulsive one, it's all about black-and-white morality and acting for the short-term good; they may especially be making an error in failing to attempt working with the good among the Rose (but they are at least learning, Neron and Hansa too being superb characters to illustrate the problems with the 'Fairies Good, Rose Bad' philosophy) Hell, I'm getting deja vu even saying this, now.

All-in-all, Book 3's got many at least partially morally ambiguous characters in it, which is a great improvement on the earliest chapters, but that kinda goes without saying (who could forget DragonFable's very deepest, most multi-faeceted villain... Captain Brakenberry ;P).
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 36
2/5/2016 0:50:15   
Brasca123

quote:

RL stands for real life right?

yes, that is correct
AQ DF  Post #: 37
2/5/2016 1:09:05   
  Stephen Nix
Penguin Lore Keeper (DF)

quote:

The fact that Book 3 deals with villains that are much less powerful in the traditional sense, much more mundane, but are still very much a threat

That hurt in the heart right there. I try man...I try. I mean come on, we CAN'T ALL BE SEPULCHURE, MS, WARGOTH, or even Valrith.

That being said, Roirr even startles me.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 38
2/5/2016 3:15:16   
salene

Yeah, I really have liked the development of Roirr throughout book three. Remember when we all thought he was just some horrible holiday villain... Back then he didn't he even eat souls. They grow up so fast
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 39
2/5/2016 5:45:48   
TheFarReach

What?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 40
2/5/2016 10:34:23   
Dusty_Rocket

Do you mean Valtrith? Roirr never appeared on a holiday...
DF AQW  Post #: 41
2/5/2016 10:39:22   
Wolfofdoom3

What?
Post #: 42
2/5/2016 21:45:06   
Eris Blackwood

Some of this sounds totally awesome. It's a little late to do some of it due to continuity errors, but the stuff with sek-duat and the avatars sounds interesting

Check out my Gallery!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 43
2/6/2016 0:04:07   
salene

Hahaha I wrote that at like 1 in the morning after a full day of school. Sorry guys, completely disregard what I said

As for ROIRR, I still love him as a character. So sinister, such pure evil
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 44
2/6/2016 12:06:44   
Rezilia

Thank you for posting this! :)

In my headcanon for my fancanon version of Book 2 (which I'm still going to write, I swear!), I was actually going to have the Second Arc focus on Xan and the Light Dragon (ssshhhh spoilers) and the rise of Darkness in the Third or Fourth Arc which results.

So, it's good to see that you were thinking about the Light dragon! ^^
DF AQW  Post #: 45
2/6/2016 15:58:35   
Grandpa Oz
How We Roll Winner
Nov14

Looks to me like we got most of the intended main plot-points in the finalized Book 2, so I'm cool with how it went down.
spoiler:

Some stuff could also fit into Book 3 to some extent (and some already did in a way, like Sek Duat and Frydae). I also doubt the elemental balance was entirely restored yet, considering how slowly dragons age and to what extent it was messed up. The dragons could still clash (though maybe not in the main plot) and the Avatars might still need a helping hand for reconcilation.
DF AQW  Post #: 46
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= February 3rd Design Notes: Dodging Wrenches - Book Two of DragonFable's Story
Page 2 of 2<12
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition