Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=ED= February 18, 2016 The Dread War Returns!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> =ED= February 18, 2016 The Dread War Returns!
Page 1 of 3123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/18/2016 12:47:29   
One Winged Angel1357

quote:

February 18, 2016
The Dread War Returns!

This Friday, for the first time in over 2 years, the Dread Plains will be contested once again! Collect Dread Bombs and Dread Shells to gain or maintain ownership of the Control Array!

The winning alignment of this region will also be eligible to receive a new, rare war prize!

The Legion took a beating in the last war cycle, as the Exiles rallied and overwhelmed their ranks. Can the Legion surprise this time and use their brutal tactics to unseat the Exiles?

Prepare for Celtic Gear

The coveted Celtic Gear will be available from Naomi March 1st!
Tags: Nightwraith

Tagged ~Therril Oreb

< Message edited by Therril Oreb -- 2/18/2016 12:57:17 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 1
2/18/2016 13:17:17   
SouL Prisoner

Look, i don't wanna be whiner or neither i'm flamming or whatever you decide to call this, but as a player(many times supporting the game by buying varium) I think it's only fair i ask this. How much work did Dev's had to put into this update that is just returning. And what fresh content did we get for past few months?? Is this war merely a copy of the previous war?? Exile winning all over again. It's all basically returning... And yet MODS claim that Dev's are working really hard on ED.

If you think i am wrong asking this, then honestly this forum has no purpose. You should just close it down and save our self the time and pretend that players all playing ED are NPCs with no question, suggestion or any kind of criticism.

< Message edited by SouL Prisoner -- 2/18/2016 13:19:14 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
2/18/2016 14:16:45   
The berserker killer

....This is the plan afterall? Keep repeating the wars with no new content at all? If you guys don't care about content and can be this ignorant to your playerbase then you should've just told us ten months ago. I quit
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 3
2/18/2016 14:46:32   
Satafou

Why is everyone being so negative!!! Wars are awesome men!!! Blood, gore and a really loud snore!!!! This is such an unique exciting update, i wish to thank the devs for their countless late nights for not only implementing an update of this caliber but also due to the many hours designated towards brain storming such an update!
Post #: 4
2/18/2016 15:14:48   
Lord Machaar

I guess there was a planned fix for this cycle of wars? Not anymore?

And I've been wondering why devs have been so quiet lately, since they basically haven't prepared anything for the game.

And let me quote please so I don't get accused by an AK/MOD/Staff Member/Player for whining/complaining and such:
quote:

We're actively discussing the war and issues brought up in this thread.

Keep in mind, We are always careful making any changes to an active war because we really try not to interfere with wars at all once they start. If its a display issues we will correct it, but that's different then adjusting balance as we do not play favoritism to either side.

That being said, if there is an issue with the war that really off sets the balance unfairly we will consider addressing it.

Will post more on this once we decide best course of action.

http://forums2.battleon.com/f/fb.asp?m=22098586

There is no active war or anything else getting in the way of the devs.

If you can't take the responsability of this game, stop giving fake hope to players saying we are still working on the game, especially guest members.

Stop neglecting and avoiding us, and be courageous for once and tell us a definite real answer:
Are you still working on the game? Yes or No. This way everyone playing the game will know for sure if the game is dead or alive, hence if everyone knows it's dead, we will stop waiting for anything new and come here complain about it. If you are just trying to maintain the ED playerbase to use it as a starter push for your future mobile games, just announce that already.

This is really frustrating to be honest with you, we are witnessing the opposite of what we are being told. Close the game already.

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 2/18/2016 15:20:57 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 5
2/18/2016 16:28:59   
dfo99

the flags in dread plains actually says "the top player and fac will be immortalized on the map" so, will the actuals lbs in dread plains be erased to make space for a new one or others lbs will be added when the circles ends?
Post #: 6
2/18/2016 18:10:23   
Cyber Dream

Honestly, I don't know what to say. We're getting the same thing over and over again. This has been going on since the start of omega. Repetitive things gets old fast. I doubt this took any work. If you're going to stall us with the same wars over and over again, at least let us know what we're waiting on.
AQW Epic  Post #: 7
2/18/2016 18:29:13   
shadow.bane

yep another war that exile will win no balance no REAL updates no nothing ! typical omega rabblefroth ED
AQW Epic  Post #: 8
2/18/2016 18:44:07   
SonicTbear

They really need to stop the updates (excluding seasonal item releases since most of the items are rereleases) until they FULLY finish Biobeasts and NEVER TOUCH IT AGAIN just like the mobile games AE made before BB. I still believe they want to revive this game, but if BB is what's eating their time, then they either need to drop it immediately or release what they want to, fix all major bugs, and not even touch the smaller ones that wouldn't be noticeable until they have free time and work on ED 100% of the time. If they're still trying to gain Unity experience for when they need to convert ED to Unity before Flash dies and shuts down, then fine. It'll be a while before Flash is turned off for good, so they should have a good amount of time to balance out the game throughly before they even think of starting the conversion or beginning work on another mobile game. I know the team cares about ED, but they care about BB more. Hopefully this whole thing blows over during the Spring...
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 9
2/18/2016 18:52:54   
One Winged Angel1357

Two things I want to say here because I think they are important.

1)Rabble joined the team in Gamma.

2)EpicDuel would be objectively worse if the devs did nothing while working on BioBeasts. As long as BioBeasts is not finished and is making enough money to support its development it should be allowed to continue its natural progression as it makes no sense to cut support on a profitable game before it reaches its complete state. Yes players will be upset because the EpicDuel player base is unbelievable passionate, and we thank you for that, but the facts are flash dropped 15% market share as a delivery platform in 2015 from 21% to 6% with an estimated two year life cycle left if we are to believe the article the verge published.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 10
2/18/2016 19:55:14   
shadow.bane

ik that owa but what i meant is that omega is rabbles idea x 10 was his idea removing passives was his idea so basicly omega is rabblefroth .

each coompany that is in contract with flash is set to end at 2018 it's 2 years form now , but this is not a reason to forget about balancing an unplayable rng and game , well game now is basically rng no room for skills lol , or doing some decent updates like new set of missions cheevos etc ... they created it and as u said they need to continue it's update like BB and not forget about it completely lol
AQW Epic  Post #: 11
2/18/2016 20:21:15   
The berserker killer

Devs haven't done anything since biobeasts except a bad attempt at releases with little to no effort. Its practically as if they haven't done anything in the first place to be quite honest..

P.S. AE made more money from ED during gifts last year and this year, which is a total of about 60 days, than biobeasts will bring AE in an entire year. I'm willing to bet on that. So this whole "finances needed to make big releases" thing needs to stop. And this whole "flash is dying so players stop playing thing" (Which has been said by many moderators, testers, and aks) needs to stop too. If a game is fun players will play it.

< Message edited by The berserker killer -- 2/18/2016 20:25:39 >
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 12
2/18/2016 23:07:58   
One Winged Angel1357

@Shadow Bane I am going to repeat myself from the balance section. There is no objective down side to 10x. The game from a mechanics standpoint is 100% better off because of that change. Also pinning an idea down to one person shows you do not grasp how updates are decided so I am going to enlighten you. There is a team meeting every week in which the team discusses ideas that need to be accomplished in that week. One person may put forward an idea but in the end it is a team decision if the idea is going to be followed based on proper discourse.

@TBK Gifting is an anomaly that is easily impacted not just by that months sales but the sales of the entire year. If players aren't spending their Varium from the packages that they buy come December they will have a surplus to use on gifting making it look like the sales that month were higher than they really were. Also you had the exploit that was discovered during the gifting event that result once again in lower sales than you would be thinking just off of the numbers you were reading on the leader boards. Another key difference is the monetization in the products; that being EpicDuel is entirely based on of micro-transactions while BioBeasts uses a combination of micro-transaction and ad revenue. This means that BioBeasts' free players also generate money for the game and with 10K+ installs on Android and I'm betting just as many on iOS so I will take your bet even though the numbers will never be released anyway.

@Everyone I am a bit upset with myself for leaving out a line when I was revising my post because swipe to text doesn't always end as planned. BioBeasts and EpicDuel should be developed along side each other so long as both remain profitable. That doesn't translate to an even 50/50 split on time though. Time should be managed as the dev's see fit; meaning if there is a large content drop for one game coming up the vast majority of the time should be spent on that game so it is done once and done right.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 13
2/18/2016 23:34:52   
Cyber Dream

quote:

Time should be managed as the dev's see fit; meaning if there is a large content drop for one game coming up the vast majority of the time should be spent on that game so it is done once and done right.

So why did the devs stop with omega and start with bio beasts? Biobeasts is more important than ED right now?

AQW Epic  Post #: 14
2/18/2016 23:48:37   
SouL Prisoner

quote:

enough money to support its development it should be allowed to continue its natural progression as it makes no sense to cut support on a profitable game

Guess Dev's forget to apply this to ED, lol.

Are you aware that browsers are are soon going to drop unity support?? And games that run unity on browser has to go either go to Mob or it's own client.exe. Any plans if this were to happen to ED??

quote:

BioBeasts and EpicDuel should be developed along side each other so long as both remain profitable.

AE has many games being developed and released, but nobody ever complained that why DF or AQ is getting so much update and not ED. That because 2 very different people/teams work on those and this game. But this is not happening when it comes to ED and BioBeast. I know everyone wanna make money, but for that you gotta spend some too. And for the millionth time, and for god sake, just hire at least 1 more person for either ED or BB. I am sure ED is at least making that much that it can afford just 1 more Dev.

< Message edited by SouL Prisoner -- 2/18/2016 23:58:10 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 15
2/19/2016 4:56:47   
shadow.bane

@owa : ama be honest with you , you just made them look worst cause of weekly meetings that u said and not doing no updates no balance no nothing ? and it's in ur opinion that x10 is better ! not in everyones opinion ^^
AQW Epic  Post #: 16
2/19/2016 10:59:55   
  Nightwraith

Howdy!

Some of you may be painfully aware that there hasn’t been an EpicDuel update in awhile. “Why is that?” you ask. “Surely, with BioBeasts released, the EpicDuel team can return to EpicDuel in earnest, resuming the grueling work of restoring it to the glory of [insert development phase here].” Unfortunately, the reality of the situation is not quite so simple.

This week, the EpicDuel team met and discussed, at length, the future of EpicDuel. We’re currently in a very difficult situation: Flash is losing market share by the day, with a now defined termination date, fewer players playing browser games means finding new players becomes an ever-growing struggle, and BioBeasts, though well-received, still needs some key features to help it succeed.

We weighed the option of putting BioBeasts aside and working on EpicDuel full-time for about a month. That would probably go over well with the EpicDuel community in the short term, but it would probably kill BioBeasts’ chances of ever being anything more than a footnote in AE’s mobile release archive. Also, the existential threat of Flash’s imminent demise could not be ignored. We could spend months grinding away at perfecting EpicDuel, only to see it get wiped away if another security flaw forces browsers to unexpectedly drop Flash. Another option discussed was EpicDuel 2. This would energize the community, but would probably be at least a 2 year project to do properly. Also, it would guarantee minimal updates to BioBeasts AND EpicDuel in the intervening time.

Ultimately, the option we liked the best for the short to midterm was to finish the key features remaining for BioBeasts: challenges, endless mode, leaderboards, and platform integration. Too many mobile projects get stranded after release, and we don’t want that to happen to BioBeasts. This finite list of tasks would take us about 40 days to complete (give or take). For perspective, we worked on EpicDuel for nearly six months after it was live before we even added anything to buy! In the meantime, there WILL be updates in EpicDuel to add content. The wars will continue as intended and seasonal content will return on schedule with power-weekend peppered throughout.
When BioBeasts is “feature complete,” which should happen early in April, we will return to EpicDuel to provide some much needed fixes and improvements. Keenly aware of the dwindling lifespan of Flash, we will also investigate options such as a downloadable client to make EpicDuel future-proof. With all the traction AQ3D is getting on Steam, we could possibly find a home for EpicDuel there as well.

We don’t know with 100% certainty that we can actually do this. If a client-based solution is feasible in a reasonable amount of time, we will pursue it vigorously. If not, our other options are HTML5, a mobile port, and even, if all other options are deemed impractical, a massive release or series of releases to make EpicDuel, technically speaking, “feature complete” before undertaking the next project.

None of the considered solutions are ideal. Every option demands pulling focus away from another project. We hate the fact that EpicDuel hasn’t had the updates you want or deserve. We know you’re angry. We know you hate to see EpicDuel neglected. If it didn’t mean anything to you, you would just leave. However, we also don’t want to walk away from a fresh project that still needs attention.

While extremely educational and energizing, this development process has also been painful and exhausting. Working on two projects simultaneously has been draining for all of us, and the Guest Team has delivered an extraordinary effort in helping us keep up with content releases. We want both projects to succeed, and we will do everything in our power to make sure they both have bright futures!
Post #: 17
2/19/2016 11:07:16   
Lord Machaar

@OWA:

That's not an enough reason to back up the false statements and announcements by devs. They are busy? So be it. Just stop on calling out on fake crap.

And I would like you and SSM to edit your reply concerning "Devs going to check all of the suggestions". Because that's another false statement that is mainly provoking players of holding hope to the game. Stop giving players hope. Stop saying that the devs are still working on the game. Because the defintion of "Still working on the game" is different for each one of us, for the devs that means the server is up and not down, for players, still working on the game, means something big coming up, mission chains, features, and whatnot.

@NW:

Thank you first of all for saying that ED will be dead for 40 days - 2 months, and since this is approx, it's 3 - 4 months in reality. And even if you guys decide to come back to ED. You don't have a magical wand to fix everything in ED within hours, it will also take you around 1 - 2 months. So we are talking about a duration of at least 4 - 6 months where ED will be technically dead.
Therefore, you will stop hearing from us either (Most). So both of us can continute in their lives normally, not expecting anything from each other.
I hope this gets tweeted, so at least those who are willing to quit in the next 6 months know that the game is not dead for ever, it will be in a coma for 4 - 6 months, forced coma to be more pertinent.

Second of all, it is a sad thing to see "The war system", a great feature in the game, gets used as a sacrifice to gain the devs more time. Since each war takes 2 weeks, it is a perfect camouflage. Gaining devs time and also giving the impression that the game is not dead. But is it a wise choice? To be honest with you, this will only provoke more angre, since the devs know X thing is broken and choose not to fix it. I guess it's better to leave the game without updates, way better than sacrificing with cool features. A power weekend will do, although, that will be exploited by botters. This sadly shows that everything in the game is broken, any update is only making the game worst. So I guess it's more wise to not update at all, until you guys are ready for some quality updates.

But either ways, I would like to sincerely thank you for your honesty and courage.

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 3/6/2016 4:59:53 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 18
2/19/2016 11:54:35   
The berserker killer

This is a joke. You want time? All you have to do is bring back flags, which could easily distract players for months on end while you guys work on biobeasts. Excuse my tone but I am so angry. Ever since you guys have stated that you will be working on biobeasts I have riddled forums and twitter with suggestions that will grant you guys the time you need without players constantly harassing you:

1) Kill Streak Achievements/Shops
2) Flags
3) Placing Bountys on other players
4) Faction rewards
5) Legendary shop (That don't stop at 50, but continue up to 100, 150 and 200 since 200 is the max cheevo)
6) Legendary Bosses (all released at once)
7) Bosses Leaderboard that depicts the top 3 players and the amount of turns it took.

and so on so forth. All of which are simple suggestions that would take youa bout a week, maybe a week and a half and would keep players busy for months on end. Yet you either limited yourselves (especially with the legendary shop cap at only rank 50, that wasn't smart at all), or overthought things (legendary bosses, focusing on making them "fair" when I clearly implied theyre supposed to be next to unbeatable so that only a select few players can beat them and gain acess to their shops.

Like lets take a step back and see how much time you could've possibly gained if the above 7 suggestions were implements:
1)Kill Streak Achievements/Shops would easily distract players for a month minimum.
2) Flags: I'm willing to bet Flags would distract players for a minimum of a month
3) Placing Bountys on other players: That'll keep players occupied for at least another month minimum
4) Faction rewards: I'll give that about half a month if implemented correctly
5) Legendary shop (That don't stop at 50, but continue up to 100, 150 and 200 since 200 is the max cheevo): I mean given the fact that xp is slowly gained it will distract players for about 2 months minimum
6) Legendary Bosses (all released at once) with shops would have distracted players for 1 month minimum
7) Bosses Leaderboard that depicts the top 3 players and the amount of turns it took would keep players entertained for a month minimum.

That's 7 months you could have entertained players with barely releasing anything. And that's 7 months at the ABSOLUTE minimum. Minus the flash limitations there is absolutely no excuse as to why some of those things couldn't get implemented. You wanted time? You could've easily bought yourself time with a feature such as FLAGS ALONE. At this point...wow.

@OWA: If you seriously believe that players stockpiled varium just for gifts last year then you are highly mistaken. This year? Maybe. But last year? Nah. And maybe if moderators were moderating the game and checking up on players with suspicious activity then that glitch wouldn't have been a issue

< Message edited by The berserker killer -- 2/19/2016 12:00:10 >
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 19
2/19/2016 11:57:14   
Xendran

@Nightwraith: Whichever option you pick, I sincerely hope the math behind the game gets a rework.
I look forward to some good competition. Maybe we'll end up releasing projects at similar times.

ED 2.0 might take 2 years if you try to implement everything the current game has, but that wouldn't really be a good idea.
You'd be much better off drastically cutting your dev time by cutting out as many features as you can and launching into another beta with brand new stat and skill balance. Focus on getting your core gameplay down and to a point where it's not easily broken, then you can start layering things on top.

< Message edited by Xendran -- 2/19/2016 12:25:16 >
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 20
2/19/2016 13:38:00   
goldslayer1

Regarding the estimated development time for the next ED update (4-6 months as Lord Machaar mentioned), I think it would just be wiser to start a new game.
If you come back to ED and continue making updates, that's obviously investing more into the game and it would be unwise to let all of that investment go away once flash dies off, so that means porting it to something else. How long would that take? I'm guessing around a year give or take.

Make an Epic Duel 2 (Doesn't have to have that name necessarily) that's capable of cross platform play between mobile (Androids/iDevices) and browsers.
There's several pvp games capable of this already (albeit in a different style).
We wont fault you if you recycle some of the art (i.e. weps and armors), some ED players might actually like that. But the class balance and pvp needs to be redone IMO.

The Omega update was regarded as a massive flop by a lot of players, evident by the amount that quit the game after it.
The game has been out for almost 7 years, while some changes in the Omega update had some small redeeming qualities, overall it's done pretty poorly.
I personally dont see it improving given the history of releases of poorly executed and botched updates. The game mechanics might be better, but the game clearly isn't.

Another thing I believe players dont like is when there's flip flopping on updates, changes, or features.
Every phase pre-Omega had a PvE aspect to the game which was killed off after Omega update. This change signifies the devs implementing something into the game, and then not being able to stick with it and removing it, when a small alteration may have been a better option to not piss off a large chunk of players. This happened with War Kills, Enhancements, Tokens, and Flags. And I'm sure numerous more stuff that I cant remember off the top of my head.

When you constantly switch your ideals like this, players get mad because you drastically change the game that they came to like and enjoy playing.
Omega was the epitome of that. It may have been more tolerable to some if it had actually been an improvement. But it made everything dull, less strategy focused, and RNG based.

Had Omega kept their PvE aspect the same as previous phases (NPCs counting as wins and only 15 per hour), a lot of old players who spent money in the game and had grown attached would have stayed and would have been a little more tolerable to Omega's shortcomings. And it wouldn't have caused the rise of botters. I'd say botters aren't as big of an issue in PvP as much as PvE due to there not being a person deciding the game strategy, but with how dull and RNG focused the game is, it wouldn't surprise me if botters beat actual players.

As for there being a team that decides updates, is this the same team that decides balance?
Does the team actually play the game at least casually?
I'm a firm believer that if the Devs played the game like the average player does, they'd be as disappointed as we are.

I dont want to get into a bigger rant here because of how sensitive some get about "negativity", so ill finish this post with this.
Like some mentioned before, if you're developing for Bio Beasts, then dont mislead the players asking for their suggestions and saying you're looking for a fix to wars to then release the same war as before, if you wont be able to start development of the next ED update in another 2 months.

All this is going to do is cause further turmoil and negativity between the player base towards the Devs.
AQW Epic  Post #: 21
2/19/2016 14:34:47   
shadow.bane

An Epicdule 2 on steam servers is a golden idea ! i support that and this would be better than the current ED am sure ... with loads of features and emotions battle animations mabe make it 3D or something ... that's my own opinion i don't know about others but am ready to spend tons of cash on it if it gets into the making ! will take time ? ill wait , i played this game since 2010 that's 6 years ago and wont hurt to wait a year or 2 to make it .

Machaar is right it would be just a waste of time to be back to a dying game ! you have a better chance of making a new version on it, i supported on steam cause simple that platform have more than 20 + million users daily active, I myself amm a steam user and daily active and i see how many are online at once and it never got below 1 million lol . dota 2 (the game i play) have more than 8 - 10 million players active , and with publicity some might try it and like it and play it who knows ... but just fix the balance issues and leave the rest to guest artist.

< Message edited by shadow.bane -- 2/19/2016 14:36:57 >

Bane Hallow The Last Shadow Fiend.
AQW Epic  Post #: 22
2/19/2016 14:44:51   
SouL Prisoner

@NW Thanking you for taking your time to acknowledge the current issue.

In my honest opinion, all that game requires is an undo more than anything. You don't have to develop anything new, just revert some stuff and the game is good to go. And if you feel it's not working, then you're going to re-work on it anyway after couple of months. Till then i request you to at least give a it try. Like change back active skill to passive. Weapon cores cost no energy to use. Bring back faction flag system. A quick fix to Jugg(opponent max level to 23) This is all better than just leaving the game dead. This way you give players what they want and meantime test out if this really works.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 23
2/19/2016 16:02:05   
Cyber Dream

@NW Thanks for informing us. That's all we're asking for is to be informed. Btw, as soul said. We don't need anything new tbh. Just bring back flags, tokens, and influ and a quick fix to jug. That can keep us busy enough to give you guys time to do everything yall need to do with BB.
AQW Epic  Post #: 24
2/19/2016 17:57:08   
Lord Machaar

It would also be great NW to stop tweeting jokes about ED.
https://twitter.com/Nightwraith_ED/status/700797404015099904

You and me and everyone know that the war system is broken. We both know who is winning the war, and we know you are doing some charity for the exiles. Your tweet should've stopped at The Dread war is now live.
MQ Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> =ED= February 18, 2016 The Dread War Returns!
Page 1 of 3123>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition