Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Anime/Manga Recommendation and Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> Out of Context >> Anime/Manga Recommendation and Discussion Thread
Page 1 of 712345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/10/2016 12:25:56   
Memory of a Nightmare

Because Thread XIV left us way too early...

Anime and manga, as we know it, refers to Japanese-styled animation and comics. This is the place to share and discuss what you're reading or watching, what you're looking forward to, and if there's a specific title you think others should look into!

If you're looking for websites to stream anime here's a list you can use. If you know an awesome, active, legal website where you can read manga or watch anime then please share it! Provide as much information as possible! (Free or not free? Region locked? Requires registration? Etc.) Note that anything you link to must not break the forum rules.

• Anime Lab [Australia, New Zealand] (Subscription available)
  • Anime Network [USA, Canada] (Subscription available)
  • AnimaxTV [UK, Ireland] (Subscription Available)
  • Crackle [US, possibly other regions]
  • Crunchyroll [Certain shows region locked] (Subscription Available)
  • Daisuki [Certain shows region locked] (Registration required for purchasable content)

Subscription required:

• Amazon Instant Video [US, UK, Japan, Austria]
  • FUNimation [US, Canada]
  • Hulu [US, Japan]
  • Neon Alley [US, Canada]
  • Netflix [Content depends on region]

Index where you can find a streaming service for an anime of your choice.

Big thanks to: XapApp

< Message edited by Memory of a Nightmare -- 3/16/2016 9:43:53 >
  • AQ DF  Post #: 1
    3/10/2016 17:45:59   
    Onyx Darkmatter

Regarding One Piece:

spoiler:

Ever since the beginning of the year, I've gotten very interested in Zou Arc. Actually, let me rephrase it: Zou Arc appears to be a promising arc compared to the previous 3 arcs we've got (And yes, I happened to like Dressrosa arc over Punk Hazard and Fishmen Arc, but that's aside the point). I've really got interested in the Beast Pirates the moment Kaido made his debut, which alone shows me that he IS a Yonko and a reasonable one as well (whereas Big Mom hasn't even made an actual appearance; we've only seen her laying on a couch and wanting sweets. Kaido, on the other hand, commits suicide for fun: he is literally the sentence "What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger").
    Then, there's Jack who was first mentioned back in Punk Hazard. The moment when he started attacking Zou was the moment he caught my interest. He's relentless, enormous, and a sadist; however, I doubt that he would attack the Mink tribe because "they don't know Raizo"; I'm sure that Jack knew the relationship between him and the Minks.

And now we're in the latest chapters, where we've finally learned of Kinemon and Momonosuke's motives. There's even been confirmation as to how to reach the Island of Raftel, where One Piece awaits. And with Jack returning to Zou, this made me like Zou arc even more.

What I'm trying to say is this: we're finally in the chapters where it's really a Pirate Alliance Saga, the part where dethroning Kaido will happen in the Wano Kingdom (or, at least that's highly assumed).

< Message edited by Onyx Darkmatter -- 3/10/2016 17:46:18 >
    AQ DF MQ  Post #: 2
    3/14/2016 23:38:27   
    XapApp

Thanks for recreating this. Whatever happened to the previous one along with some other threads on this board that disappeared as well?

As for legal streaming sites, I found this anime sub-reddit wiki page with a list. I've formatted the English-language services with the updated details I could find for the forums below. Feel free to edit, reformat, change colors, etc. as you see best.
    Also from the Reddit page, if you want to include it; to search for which services stream a particular show, go to this GitHub page and do Ctrl+F search for the title you're interested in.
    [b]
    [*] [link=https://amazon.com/aiv]Amazon Instant Video[/link] [color=#660000][US, UK, Japan, Austria][/color]  (Subscription required to Amazon Prime)
    [*] [link=http://animelab.com/]Anime Lab[/link] [color=#660000][Australia, New Zealand][/color] (Free - Premium Subscription Available)
    [*] [link=http://www.theanimenetwork.com/]Anime Network[/link] [color=#660000][USA, Canada][/color] ( Free - Premium Subscription Available)
    [*] [link=http://animaxtv.co.uk/]AnimaxTV[/link] [color=#660000][UK, Ireland][/color]  ( Free - Subscription Available)
    [*] [link=http://www.crackle.com/c/anime]Crackle[/link][color=#660000] [US, possibly other regions too][/color] (?)
    [*] [link=http://www.crunchyroll.com/]Crunchyroll[/link][color=#660000] [Global, certain shows region locked][/color] (Free - Subscription Available)
    [*] [link=https://www.daisuki.net/]Daisuki[/link] [color=#660000][Global, certain shows region locked][/color] (Free - Registration required for purchasable content)
    [*] [link=http://www.funimation.com/]FUNimation[/link][color=#660000] [US, Canada][/color] (Subscription Required)
    [*] [link=http://www.hulu.com/]Hulu[/link] [color=#660000][US, Japan][/color] (Subscription Required)
    [*] [link=http://www.neonalley.com/]Neon Alley[/link][color=#660000] [US, Canada][/color] (Subscription Required)
    [*] [link=https://netflix.com/]Netflix[/link] [color=#660000][Global, certain shows region locked][/color] (Subscription Required)
    [*] [link=http://www.viki.com/]Viki[/link] [color=#660000][Global][/color] (Free - Subscription Available , crowdsourced subtitles available in several languages)
    [*] [link=http://www.viewster.com/]Viewster[/link] [color=#660000] [Global][/color] (Free - Subscription Available)[/b]

< Message edited by XapApp -- 3/14/2016 23:43:32 >

--Xap
    EpicDuel Player & Community Representative
    Former PTRO Tester
    Twitter: XapAE_ · Discord: Xap#2702 · [link=https://discord.gg/BpYQfsZ3se]EpicDuel Community Discord Invite Link[/li
    MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 3
    3/15/2016 1:30:48   
    dragun

the board has an auto delete function for any thread that's inactive (no new posts) for x amount of time.

make a note on CR that the back catalog is sub-locked for Canada; not sure off-hand what the exact restriction is for new stuff though.
    AQ  Post #: 4
    3/16/2016 5:19:57   
    darksampson

Sucks that the old thread got deleted, but at least it's back now.

Definitely very early, but some Winter anime are already very close to coming to an end and I actually took some time to look at the Spring preview, so I might as well get my intentions for what I'm gonna be watching done with.

Definitely

Jojo Part 4: Looking forward to seeing JBA hi-jinx in a school setting and fun delinquent stuff. David Studio has not disappointed yet so this should be the same.

Sakamoto desa ga?: I've heard a lot of praise from manga readers and have read like the first 2 chapters myself and found it pretty funny. Definitely the kind of ironic humor that I'm into. Also Deen has been on a roll lately.

Boku no Hero Academia: Loooots of hype behind this. Definitely feels like the One Punch Man of this season. Don't think it's going to be quite as big, but at the very least there should be some cool fights and over the top action.

Terraformars Revenge: More JOHJ. The PV where they all were screaming was kinda funny. I feel like even the creators find this a bit silly.

Ushio to Tora 2: Sequel. Original was pretty nice.

Maybe

Bungou Stray Dogs: Could be decent, but also looks kinda generic

Kiznaiver: Looks cool and Trigger.

Mayoiga: Mystery tag intrigues me, but yeah not really sure.

Gyakutan Saiban: I'm guessing that means Ace Attorney? I've heard good things about the franchise, not sure how it's gonna be though.

Joker Game: Looks really nice, especially in terms of character designs. This could potentially suck, but I hope it doesn't

Kabaneri the iron fortress: So pretty much Attack on Titan season 2. No points for originality, but really nice animation and production values in general.

< Message edited by darksampson -- 3/16/2016 5:23:15 >
    AQ  Post #: 5
    3/16/2016 9:35:21   
    Wolfofdoom3

Ajin-never got to finish the manga...and then the anime appeared and it's as amazing as the chapters I read with a few minor changes.The only con is the cgi but you'll quickly get used to it(and even love it) after the first episode.

(This is preety much the only anime I'm watching...I was thinking about Boku dake no inai machi......but I got spoiled on something that happened in the manga....and I just don't like it,I'm not gonna continue something I know I won't like)

< Message edited by Wolfofdoom3 -- 3/16/2016 10:22:44 >
    Post #: 6
    3/16/2016 9:46:44   
    Memory of a Nightmare

This new thread is marked as a FAQ to protect it from auto-purging, so no need to worry.

The first post has now been updated with a list. Please help to make sure it's kept up to date and family friendly.
    AQ DF  Post #: 7
    3/16/2016 9:47:21   
    Onyx Darkmatter

quote:

Jojo Part 4: Looking forward to seeing JBA hi-jinx in a school setting and fun delinquent stuff. David Studio has not disappointed yet so this should be the same.

quote:

Boku no Hero Academia: Loooots of hype behind this. Definitely feels like the One Punch Man of this season. Don't think it's going to be quite as big, but at the very least there should be some cool fights and over the top action.

Those two are what I look forward to the most. BnHA looks promising, while JoJo... it's JoJo! ;D
    AQ DF MQ  Post #: 8
    3/16/2016 10:00:47   
    Wolfofdoom3

I never actually watched Jojo's adenture.Is it comedy or something serious? I don't quite like Japanese comedy that much.

(Also for present and future reference.....don't miss out on great anime becouse of cgi)

< Message edited by Wolfofdoom3 -- 3/16/2016 10:17:53 >
    Post #: 9
    3/16/2016 11:25:47   
    Onyx Darkmatter

Well, JJBA is a mixture depending on which series you're talking about. Part I is more of a thriller-esque themed part, whereas Part II has quite a bit of comedy (or, at least based on the MC's personality). But for the most part, it's a supernatural series that involves the Joestar bloodline.

To put it in my words: If you like series with Vampires, Superhuman beings, and spiritual forms that are manifested from a living being's soul, then I think you'll enjoy this Bizarre (hehe) series. ;D
    AQ DF MQ  Post #: 10
    3/16/2016 11:40:07   
    Wolfofdoom3

Ok thanks,I might check it out..Have you seen hellsing ultimate?

Also from what I learnt the anime I recommended Ajin can not be found on any legal sites(Or it can be..?) so if someone wants to watch it..be a little bit dirty:)...I keep talking about it becouse it's very underrated

< Message edited by Wolfofdoom3 -- 3/16/2016 11:42:05 >
    Post #: 11
    3/16/2016 12:32:36   
    Onyx Darkmatter

Never heard of Hellsing Ultimate, so I'll have to see for it myself.

In the meantime, latest One Piece chapter is out a bit early (took me by surprise, but sadly no chapter next week).
    spoiler:

So we know that Marco and the remnants of the Whitebeard Pirates took on Blackbeard during timeskip. Sadly, Marco lost and the Whitebeard Pirates dispersed all over the place. Kinemon decided to try and meet Marco in order to take on the Beast Pirates, and it appears that Nekomamushi knows the whereabouts of Marco.

Plus, there's a bit of history regarding the Roger Pirates and the two Rulers. This just makes Zou Arc far more interesting than it is. I'm also curious as to what's going to happen next, with Jack returned to Zou and plans on killing Zunisha. I do wonder if the alliance stays on Zou in order to deal with Jack, instead of separating like what they did in Dressrosa.

< Message edited by Onyx Darkmatter -- 3/16/2016 12:44:28 >
    AQ DF MQ  Post #: 12
    3/16/2016 12:35:54   
    Wolfofdoom3

I'd rather have 1 episode every week then 2 episodes in one and none in the other.
    Post #: 13
    3/16/2016 22:44:49   
    darksampson

Hellsing Ultimate is excellent. One of the best action series out there.

For anyone that enjoyed it there is going to be another series by the same author, with a lot of the same staff. I can't post the trailer because of the rules against violence, but look it up. It looks really great and its going to be released in the same OVA format, so they're not gonna be rushing anything.

Speaking of OVA's I've probably talked about it several times now, but WATCH GUNDAM THUNDERBOLT. It's the best Gundam thing I've seen in a long time, I'm so impressed with this series. I could barely believe it when I saw it.

Also recently saw the movies Miss Houkusai and Empire of Corpses. Both quite good. Houkusai was better though, kind of an abrupt ending tbh. Same for Empire of Corpses, but really its the entire second half that was a little disappointing.
    AQ  Post #: 14
    3/16/2016 22:52:34   
    Onyx Darkmatter

So Assassination Classroom is finally over, although it's confirmed that there's going to be 4 Side chapters for Korosensei.
    As for my opinion regarding over the series:

spoiler:

It started off in a huge "What the hell's going on here?! I'm not even half-way through the chapter and it's insane!" moment and left me curious about Korosensei's status and goals. As each chapter was released, I was really getting into the series (especially when it's one of those series that I don't have to take it seriously; meaning, the silliest or stupidest thing could happen, and I wouldn't mind it at all) and then the whole issue regarding Korosensei's human life made me want to continue reading the series. The "final battle" against the Second Gen GoD and Kotaro was a little bit anticlimatic (well, mainly the Second Gen GoD), but it wasn't a BAD anticlimatic moment at all.

The ending wrapped things up pretty well. Wasn't something I hoped for like Nagisa reopening Class 3-E, but it was definitely a great conclusion.

Personally, would recommend reading it.
    AQ DF MQ  Post #: 15
    3/17/2016 6:24:42   
    Stray Cat
    The kitty
    without a name

Re: Spring. Interested in the following shows:

Macross Delta: Loved the preview episode. The ED is ridiculously catchy. I've played it so many times on repeat that I'm already sick of it. I'm actually in the middle of rewatching Frontier at the moment, it's way better than I remember in every aspect except the animation.

Kiznaiver: Trigger+Okada is an auto-watch. Hopefully this will be a wild ride.

Joker Game: The description sounds fascinating. I always found the Pacific War interesting but I don't think I've ever seen a Japanese treatment on the subject. I wonder what the show's politics will look like.

Aikatsu Stars: Sad that the 150+ episode count of Aikatsu is ending, but at least another (re-branded) anime is coming. The second-generation girls had a good run and I'm pretty confident the writers will be able to make the new characters as likable as the old ones. Also looking forward to seeing the older characters all aged up when they make cameos.

Will also check out Flying Witch to see if it's an improvement on the manga (which isn't bad as far as slice of life goes, just kind of bland). Also giving both of the Silver Link shows a try, they look like good fun.
    Post #: 16
    3/17/2016 8:11:52   
    Wolfofdoom3

Kinda sad nothing interests me this spring...Maybe summer will have something better.
    Post #: 17
    4/1/2016 11:52:41   
    Xplayer
    Roaming the Web

A couple of things that I'm super late to comment on.

1. The ending of Erased was super disappointing. It was one of the most disappointing anime I've ever seen. That's 2 cors in a row where anime just fall apart at the end (thanks Charlotte). I'll write up a full review when I get to discuss it with some of my IRL friends but I'm never watching another anime by Tomohiko Ito (who directed the almost as disappointing Sword Art Online, although I went into that with lowered expectations).

2. I continued writing my silly basketball+anime crossover thing and seem like I can only write one a year because I'm super lazy.
    AQ AQW  Post #: 18
    4/2/2016 20:31:47   
    Stray Cat
    The kitty
    without a name

Gundam IBO: There's a lot to like in IBO. For one, I admire this show's willingness to go 2 or 3 consecutive without a single mecha fight. It's a bold choice, especially when you look at the UC series and see how clunky and shoehorned some of those fights are. And the fights we did get were exciting, if a bit low on the budget (I don't think we're going to see a TV Gundam with production values on par with 00 ever again) -- the early fights against Mars Gjallarhorn, Mikazuki's duel with Kudal, the repeated skirmishes with Carta, there was a lot to enjoy if you were willing to give the show a chance. The flip side is, those action-less episodes in IBO were often pretty boring by themselves, and would have benefited from Barbatos swinging its mace around. The other thing (big) problem is that the main characters are pretty flat. They angst and monologue about the exact same things every episode -- Orga with his leadership, Kudelia worrying she's a hypocrite and fearing the bloodshed she could cause. Sure, that gives them room to develop, but by the time they finally get over themselves, it's hard to care. The only really interesting characters are on the Gjallarhorn side, namely McGillis and Gaellio, and of course that particular dynamic is copy-pasted straight from 0079. However, the characters have reached a point where they know exactly who they are and what they need to do. Going forward, I hope they forgo the angsting in favour of more substantial drama. Bottom line, I'm cautiously excited for season 2.

Aikatsu: Well, 3.5 years and 168 episodes later, it finally ended. There were some boring parts, but I could always count on the fact that soon enough the series would deliver fresh, likable characters and catchy music. The finale was great. It was nice to be reminded of how far Akari has come. The show has always had a lot of heart and will be sorely missed. Unless Aikatsu Stars manages to capture the appeal of the original. I find the new art style off-putting, but I expect it'll grow on me over time. Please deliver.
    Post #: 19
    4/2/2016 21:04:50   
    Onyx Darkmatter

So the first episode of Diamond is Unbreakable is out.

spoiler:

Quite a fantastic startoff. The beginning scene heavily foreshadows Kira's involvement in the series. It's a lot colorful compared to Stardust Crusaders and even Phantom Blood/Battle Tendency.

My only complaint about this episode was the severe lack of intense atmosphere when Josuke and Jotaro made an eye-to-eye contact just before the turtle jumps out of the water and scaring the crap out of Josuke. xD
    And I'm talking about the series' signature moment when there's something menacing going on.

And I just finished with Hellsing, was OK, I guess it's because of the shuffling scenes between Seras, Hellsing, and Alucard (that, and Seras just wasn't grabbing my attention. However, with Hellsing out of the way, I can start watching Hellsing Ultimate. ;D
    AQ DF MQ  Post #: 20
    4/3/2016 1:01:57   
    ShadowMoon

i am behind on subs, got side tracked with supernatural dvds acquired from the library(seasons 2-5).
    i got so far behind that divine gates sub & FT 0'd dubs caught up with where i was at in the subs.
    it also seems that something has gone wrong with my email subscriptions to where i read fairy tail, one piece & bleach as i haven't gotten any emails despite the fact that new chapters have come out so i got to go back & renew them and find out where i was @ then catch up again
    /\_╱\
    \-_ - /

anyway, back to divine gate...
    its been bugging me since i first saw it, but i'm sure i've seen an opening with the same exact style as divine gates OP years ago...

EDIT: took a few days, but i caught up more or less.

bleach
    spoiler:

at long last kenpachi's bankai shall be revealed...
    then we have Yachiru being there and what she has said and how it was said:
    quote:

spoiler:

Yachiru: silly goose, if you would just use me properly... there wouldn't be anyone you wouldn't be able to cut down ken-chan
    *Yachiru dissolves kempachi's zampaktou in shikia form*
    kempachi: ...what? what did you just do...? this power...
    Yachiru: see? you really can be so clueless sometimes, you know that ken-chan? that power is what everyone's been calling... "bankai."

she disappeared when kenpachi activated his shikai with her cloths being the only trace of her. this seems like its been something kubo has been planning since he put kempachi into the story.
    the theory of Yachiru being nozarashi has been around for a few years or more, but it looks pretty much confirmed now

fairy tail
    spoiler:

looks like ultear didn't die, but shifted to a different flow of time. kinda kills her growing old & turning to dust death scenes impact

one piece
    @onyx
    quote:

spoiler:

Ever since the beginning of the year, I've gotten very interested in Zou Arc. Actually, let me rephrase it: Zou Arc appears to be a promising arc compared to the previous 3 arcs we've got (And yes, I happened to like Dressrosa arc over Punk Hazard and Fishmen Arc, but that's aside the point). I've really got interested in the Beast Pirates the moment Kaido made his debut, which alone shows me that he IS a Yonko and a reasonable one as well (whereas Big Mom hasn't even made an actual appearance; we've only seen her laying on a couch and wanting sweets. Kaido, on the other hand, commits suicide for fun: he is literally the sentence "What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger").
    Then, there's Jack who was first mentioned back in Punk Hazard. The moment when he started attacking Zou was the moment he caught my interest. He's relentless, enormous, and a sadist; however, I doubt that he would attack the Mink tribe because "they don't know Raizo"; I'm sure that Jack knew the relationship between him and the Minks.

And now we're in the latest chapters, where we've finally learned of Kinemon and Momonosuke's motives. There's even been confirmation as to how to reach the Island of Raftel, where One Piece awaits. And with Jack returning to Zou, this made me like Zou arc even more.

What I'm trying to say is this: we're finally in the chapters where it's really a Pirate Alliance Saga, the part where dethroning Kaido will happen in the Wano Kingdom (or, at least that's highly assumed).

spoiler:

honestly, its looking like this is gonna be another split up arc with half the straw hats dealing with getting sanji back from the big mom's crew and his own father and the other half aiding in getting recruits for the rebellion. obviously they can just ask for help from the army they amassed in Dressrosa, but that's just foot soldiers. hmmm i wonder if half of those outfits from the strong world movie( that looks like they came from the back of sanji's closet) are gonna get their manga debut.
    pirates, samurai, warlords, mafia, anthropomorphic animal tribe, a ninja, law's little yellow submarine , and a giant one-headed ancient psychic tandem war elephant
    i don't think i'll ever see anything else outside of a bad fanfiction or pure comedy based media with this set up again in my lifetime.

< Message edited by ShadowMoon -- 4/6/2016 2:05:23 >

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 21
    4/11/2016 0:01:20   
    darksampson

In the spirit of keeping this thread alive I'm gonna give a few of my spring 2016 first impressions. Ended up watching a lot more stuff than I though, most of it I just dropped though, but overall it seems like a really promising season. Some pretty harsh criticisms incoming, these are all just my subjective opinion.

Bakuon- I really wish the bikes weren't cgi.. that combined with the typical XCute Girls + YThings premise just made this pretty boring for me.

Boku no hero Academia-
    They really want us to care about the main character eh? Maybe making him less of a cry baby might help. Seriously like the smallest thing sets the guy off. The characters are really stereotypical too. The animation and concept isn't bad though and there is a lot of hype behind this and manga readers tell me it gets better so I'll keep going with it for now, but it does seem really overrated IMO

Bungou Stray Dogs-
    I've seen this whole urban supernatural powers with bishounen guys premise done a few too many times. The music is nice, but nothing else really sticks out to me. If this was a weaker season I probably would have been more inclined to keep watching this though.

Flying Witch-
    Pretty boring to be honest, kind of typical for SoL series. I did like the last gag though, it was legit pretty funny.

Ace Attorney- I was honestly really disappointed. Felt really cliche and the game format doesn't translate well into anime IMO

Hundred- Pretty generic medieval/sci fi anime. I almost forgot I watched this cause I mistook it for some other shows this season lol

Jojo pt. 4- A lot more comedic than the previous seasons. The char designs look a bit off to be honest. The new Josuke seems pretty interesting, not very confident or stoic like the other Jojo's

Joker Game-
    Loved it, the atmosphere and characters were great. This could go wrong in a lot of ways, but so far it seems very promising.

Kiznaiver- Not really sure what to think, the characters are pretty stereotypical, but the premise is kind of interesting and the production values are good.

Mayoiga- Lol the characters feel like internet trolls sometimes. That hippo song in the first episode was legendary. Honestly I'm not sure if we're supposed to take this show seriously, but its worth watching as comedy at the very least

Netoge no Yome- Escapism plain and simple. I won't say much about this, but wow this is where the industry is at right now lol.

Re:Zero- Sooo its like Erased + SAO? Cause combining two previously successful shows totally works right? Actually didn't mind the first episode though. The characters are kinda lame, but I wanna see where the story goes

Swagamoto desu ga?- Swag/10 Seriously this is hilarious everyone needs to watch it.

Sousei no Onmyouji- Great production values, but everything was so generic.

Terraformars Revenge- Change in director from last season is really noticeable, this season has lost a lot of it's visual edge and gory/brutal violence. Also more fanservice =/

Ushio to Tora 2-
    - Getting into right where we left off last season. Show looks great as always this new plotline is pretty interesting.

Kabaneri the Iron Fortress- Great animation and char designs. It's like Empire of Corpses, but edo Japan... The MC is kinda interesting, very shonen-y with his idealistic nature though.

Whoo, that was a lot of shows. Didn't really get to write in as much detail as I wanted. Overall I felt like Jojo, Sakamoto and Joker Game had the best first impressions though.

< Message edited by darksampson -- 4/11/2016 13:57:41 >
    AQ  Post #: 22
    4/11/2016 11:10:18   
    Onyx Darkmatter

quote:

spoiler:

honestly, its looking like this is gonna be another split up arc with half the straw hats dealing with getting sanji back from the big mom's crew and his own father and the other half aiding in getting recruits for the rebellion. obviously they can just ask for help from the army they amassed in Dressrosa, but that's just foot soldiers. hmmm i wonder if half of those outfits from the strong world movie( that looks like they came from the back of sanji's closet) are gonna get their manga debut.
    pirates, samurai, warlords, mafia, anthropomorphic animal tribe, a ninja, law's little yellow submarine , and a giant one-headed ancient psychic tandem war elephant
    i don't think i'll ever see anything else outside of a bad fanfiction or pure comedy based media with this set up again in my lifetime.

spoiler:

I don't think that the Sanji-retrieval chapters would last too long unless Luffy gets in a fight against Big Mom. On top of that, the group splitting up makes more sense because you don't want to risk declaring war against another Emperor (it's already bad enough that they destroyed both the SMILE factory and the Underworld Economy, angering Kaido).
    Just saying, but Luffy isn't the type of person who would ask for aid unless it is basically life-or-death (something like Kureha moment when he froze to death). That, and Dressrosa is already damaged to where asking for an army would result in a catastrophic defeat (especially when the soldiers are few and heavily injured). The Mink Tribe on the other hand, proved to be a great ally (and a terrible enemy). ;D

But now with things different, especially when Zunisha destroyed Jack and his fleet, the Pirate Alliance arc will go smoothly. I'm still curious about Vivi and the family going out to sea tho...

quote:

Boku no hero Academia- They really want us to care about the main character eh? Maybe making him less of a cry baby might help. Seriously like the smallest thing sets the guy off. The characters are really stereotypical too. The animation and concept isn't bad though and there is a lot of hype behind this and manga readers tell me it gets better so I'll keep going with it for now, but it does seem really overrated IMO

Don't worry, we'll be dealing with crybaby for quite a while. ;D
    But really tho, he does get *sorta* better later on, but definitely not anytime soon.

quote:

Jojo pt. 4- A lot more comedic than the previous seasons. The char designs look a bit off to be honest. The new Josuke seems pretty interesting, not very confident or stoic like the other Jojo's

But it does look promising tho. I do look forward to how this Season goes. ;D
    AQ DF MQ  Post #: 23
    4/11/2016 13:35:09   
      toidiedud

Just finished catching up with my trope shattering academia manga so that's pretty great, been a while since there was an actual good shounen.

Will be very interested if it can keep it's high quality up for the rest of the series since its still pretty young.
    AQ DF  Post #: 24
    4/12/2016 1:08:31   
    ShadowMoon

quote:

Don't worry, we'll be dealing with crybaby for quite a while. ;D
    But really tho, he does get *sorta* better later on, but definitely not anytime soon.

blah, i hate characters that whine all the time needlessly. except in cases where it's pulled off right such as with one piece. its one of the things i hate about evangelion. well, that and the fact that evangelion's mc's character design being based on nadia was more or less an insult to nadia's character.
    i hate people who whine all the time needlessly. complaining i'm ok with to some extent, but people who are just whinny... i'm actually surprised that i didn't get in trouble for duct taping this one guy's mouth shut in a police station. it was so annoying that i'd have rather spent the night in a relatively quit jail cell then to keep on hearing it. he must have been at it for hours cause everyone sighed in relief after the duct tape was on... hell, the cops who dragged him off acted like the duct tape wasn't even there.
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 25
    Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
    All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> Out of Context >> Anime/Manga Recommendation and Discussion Thread
    Page 1 of 712345>»
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition