Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Anime/Manga Recommendation and Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> Out of Context >> RE: Anime/Manga Recommendation and Discussion Thread
Page 6 of 7«<34567>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/27/2017 11:57:01   
fabri17

Since the last time I posted, I've seen a few good ones... though nothing from last season. Gotta admit Made in Abyss looks very good and I've heard it's excellent, so gonna watch that eventually.

Kimi Na wa I think this one needs no introduction. I actually expected to not like it as much, as my expectations were probably too high seeing how hyped the show was... but dang, it delivered. Excelent stuff.

Gantz:O A friend recommended this to me, and even though I knew nothing about Gantz, I thoroughly enjoyed this movie. The 3d animation is very well made and the action sequences are well directed as well. There's a lot of blood and gore but I never felt like it was unnecessary. Also can I just mention how awesome Gantz's designs are? The suits and guns are awesome, and MAN, THAT ONE PART WHERE THE [redacted] APPEARS O.O
After this, I'll definitely read the Gantz manga when I have the time.

I can't understand what my husband is saying Hm.. I actually have no idea if I saw this in the right order because I just found all of it in 2 big Youtube videos, heh. It has very short episodes, but it sure is an adorable and hilarious show with likeable characters. It's also fairly realistic in the aspects of life it touches, I'd say.

The Rolling Girls This... holy molly, what did I just witness? But I don't complain, THIS WAS AMAZING XD. Is this a superhero anime..? Who cares? There's flashy action backed up by the plot, likable characters (that unfortunately didn't have enough time to develop further :() pretty colours that made me take screenshots on every episode to save as potential wallpapers, and... well, people say the biggest problem of the show is its writing, and I can see why. This anime has one of the most convoluted plots I've seen in a mere 12 episodes, so it can be hard to follow and the finale can seem like a "wow what happened.. is this over?", but welp, I really enjoyed this one.
Rolling. Falling. Scrambling Girls. For others. For themselves. Even if they're destined to be a "mob"

Nanatsu no Taizai I saw this on Netflix so I gave it a watch. Fun action anime that takes the concept of Uber OP characters and does it well. It's not necessarily the most thought provoking plots but there's some interesting lore for this world. Overall it was a good watch, looking forward for season 2 early next year

Made in Abyss Started watching episode one and immediately I knew I'd maniacally binge watch this show, which I did. What a fantastic anime. I know I'm biased to like this kind of aesthetic, but I'll still say that this series has some of the best artistic elements ever, not only visually, everything from the character designs, backgrounds, musical score and animation were top-notch, complementing each other to create a compelling atmosphere. The plot itself is fairly simple and the characters are mostly straightforward, but this all works out really well. While this does have dark elements, it never felt like it was edgy, everythign happened naturally, and that's something I can appreciate. and man, that one part in the final episode demolished my poor kokoro
Don't want to talk too much about the specifics because I feel like this is something you need to experience yourself.
This is now one of my personal favourite anime series of all time, sadly even the manga is not that far ahead into the story. Hopefully there will be more Made in Abyss to enjoy.

< Message edited by fabri17 -- 11/4/2017 15:57:31 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 126
11/5/2017 15:04:49   
BillHitchens

Some halloween suggestions for you all : soul eater Parasyte Ghost Stories

All my work here
Post #: 127
12/18/2017 23:42:45   
darksampson

Just my thoughts on upcoming anime

Definitely

Ito Junji: Collection
Definitely the show I'm most looking forward to this year. I'm a huuuuge Junji Ito fan. I would love to see more of his work animated. The Gyo movie was.... lacklustre and kinda lacked what made his work scary, even though the circus scene was great. Anyway hope this isn't just another Yami Shibai

Basilisk: Ouka Ninpouchou
This is such a weird anime to get a sequel... after all these years lol. Anyway I'm down. I love this sort of violent nonsense and it seems to be going down the whole battle royale route too like the original.

Nanatsu no Taizai: Imashime no Fukkatsu
This is pretty good medieval fantasy/magic series... its not amazing, but its better than average. I would have preferred the author's other work Kongou Banchou get adapted, but I'll settle for more of this.

Dagashi Kashi 2
This wouldn't normally be my cup of tea... but I kinda enjoyed the last season for whatever reason. It was simple it was enjoyable it was silly and hopefully this is the same.

Maybe

Kokkoku
The trailer looks cool and thats it really... no idea who the studio or director are.

Killing Bites
This looks extremely stupid and bad, but hopefully in a good way.

Overlord II
The first season of this show as extremely overrated and lame. It had some cool idea though... hopefully it doesn't completely suck this time around.

Koi wa Ameagari no You ni
A bit of a wildcard but idk it looks decent I think.
AQ  Post #: 128
12/19/2017 2:02:01   
fabri17

^Adding an unrequested honorable mention: Darling in the FranXX
Original work by Trigger and A-1 Pictures. Getting some Diebuster fun vibes, very keen on seeing this.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 129
12/19/2017 8:05:37   
Xplayer
Roaming the Web

This upcoming season is the most hype I've had for a season in a while, pretty much because of Violet Evergarden and Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card alone. I'm still shocked that CLAMP is making a sequel to the anime that got me into the whole medium and I'm just praying that it's good.

AQ AQW  Post #: 130
12/19/2017 11:27:27   
fabri17

OH WAIT... Violet Evergarden is coming this season?!? All the yes! Guess you can't trust MAL too much, heh.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 131
12/20/2017 12:11:52   
Onyx Darkmatter

Trying to catch up on Fate/Apocrypha after putting it aside (due to tedious work at University), already on Episode 17 and I'm not too thrilled over it. I love the concept of Apo, but what completely ruined it for me is a character that came out of the blue named Sieg; it's giving him far too much attention for a boring and dull character, and his constant plot armor isn't even helping me like him.
If there's a character I'd compare him to, it would be Lenka from the God Eater anime, and I've grown to hate the anime series mainly because of him.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 132
12/20/2017 14:53:21   
afterlifex
Legend-X

Well he is an homunculus after all. How much depth and character can a hunk of dirt made to be a magic battery really have?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 133
12/20/2017 17:14:05   
Onyx Darkmatter

quote:

How much depth and character can a hunk of dirt made to be a magic battery really have?

That in it itself isn't really my problem. My problem is that he's now the MC and central attention of Apo.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 134
1/3/2018 1:14:16   
darksampson

Gonna share my final thoughts on some the fall 2017 anime

Children of the Whales: I feel like this had all the right ingredients for a really good show, but somewhere a long the line they lost the vision for what this show was trying to be. The scale felt off and some of the characters especially the main felt out of place. The animation and music were fantastic though. It's sad to see such wasted potential.

Kino's Journey- The animated series: This was actually a lot better than I thought it would be. There were a few episodes that were a little more than reminiscent of the original. I'm not a huge fan of the new art direction, but I think it managed to recapture some of the magic of the original. It's not quite as great as the original though, but a valiant effort.

Kekkai Sensen and Beyond: Good show, I think the OP and ED theme were not as catchy as the last season, but thats my only real "complaint" tbh I find the stuff with Leo's sister to be really boring so I'm glad they didn't focus much on it. Great fights and fun times

Inuyashiki: My favoriteo of the season. I think there is a lot that can read into for these series as far as the deeper meaning and whats its trying to say about japanese society as a whole and the role of the man in a nuclear family.

Shoukoku no Altair: Again felt like wasted potential. Maybe I just wasn't feeling this series, but honestly I kind of got bored with this and it never really stuck with me.

Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara: I really liked this. This season has been just as good as the others. I like the storyline and the food was interesting as usual.

Juuni Taisen: Just in case you ever wanted to watch a Death Tournament series written by the Monogatari guy... here it is. A lot of twists and turns and just a general good time and fun characters.

Ballroom e Youkoso: I feel like this was kind of a divisive show, because of the dynamic of the characters and because for some reason a few people thought this was gonna be another Yuri on Ice. I for one was glad it wasn't, because its the rare sports anime that I actually genuinely enjoy.

Lastly my rankings for the best anime of 2017... again just my subjective opinion

1. Shouwa Genroku 2
2. Gundam Thunderbolt 2
3. Kizumonogatari movie 3
4. Koe no Katachi
5. Inuyashiki
6. KonoSuba 2
7. Bahamut 2
8. Welcome to the Ballroom
9. Lupin III Goemon OVA
10. Genocidal Organ
11. Owarimonogatari 2
12. Kino no Tabi: The Beautiful World
13. Natsume 6
14. Uchouten Kazoku 2
15. Kekkai Sensen & Beyond
16. Lu over the Wall
17. Blame! Movie
18. Onihei
19. Thus Spoke Kishibe Rohan
20. Shokugeki no Souma 3

< Message edited by darksampson -- 1/4/2018 17:17:05 >
AQ  Post #: 135
1/16/2018 9:15:57   
Xplayer
Roaming the Web

The new Card Captor Sakura series is amazing. I still can't believe that the producers managed to get pretty much everyone who worked on the first series back after 20 years (besides Tomoko Kawakami may she rest in peace. It seems that the writers decided to write Rika Sasaki out of the show out of respect for her.) It really feels like it picked up where the previous series left off, although now I'm questioning the canon status of the Sealed Card movie. Also, smartphones.

< Message edited by Xplayer -- 1/16/2018 9:16:54 >
AQ AQW  Post #: 136
1/27/2018 14:20:22   
dragontackle

Definitely would suggest Pop Team Epic. But before you watch it I should inform you that if you dont have a high IQ you really wont enjoy it.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 137
1/27/2018 22:46:08   
fabri17

^ Don't worry, I'm sure most of us have gained enough IQ from watching Rick and Morty

First impressions for the little bunch of series that caught my attention this season...

Violet Evergarden: Looks beautiful, sounds beautiful and the story, while not the strongest point, still managed to capture me enough to emotionally crush me on episode 3 ;-;

Darling in the FranXX:
Trigger being Trigger, with giant robots, big action and giant robots. There aren't enough plot points to really work out what the anime is about, but the general idea is that of the Gainax/Trigger mecha classics: special humans pilot giant machines to defeat the destructive giant aliens.

Nanatsu no Taizai s2:
A pretty weak start to the season, personally. Introducing power scales and other ultimate baddies makes it seem a bit generic, but from what I've heard, stuff will be good later.

Cardcaptor Sakura Clear Card:
It's Cardcaptor Sakura, what can I say... it's lighthearted and classy.

Citrus: The surprise show of the season, I guess. I had heard that it was a pretty popular shoujo-ai/yuri manga, but didn't give it too much of a thought when the anime started airing... until a friend recommended it to me. Can't really tell what's exactly good about this so let's just call it solid overall.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 138
1/29/2018 13:27:04   
ShadowMoon

quote:

Nanatsu no Taizai s2: A pretty weak start to the season, personally. Introducing power scales and other ultimate baddies makes it seem a bit generic, but from what I've heard, stuff will be good later.

it dose, hell those power levels have already been outright stated to just be rough estimates and not concentrate.
hell, the sin of pride's power can't even be accurately measured due to his ability.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 139
3/16/2018 21:54:43   
darksampson

Well its about that time again where we are blessed with new ways to kill our boredom! Onward to Spring 2018! If I had to have a sub-heading for this season it would be SEASON OF THE SEQUELS!

Definitely
Boku no Hero Academia 3 Here we go again. This is probly the best shonen anime to come out recently and the last season actually stepped things up quite a bit, so I'm hoping for the same this season.

Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara - Toutsuki Ressha-hen
Speaking of great shonens we go that one cooking show... oh you know the one :) Yeah this show is a lot of fun and I think this is like the 4th of 5th season. Really consistent stuff.

High School DxD Hero Here it is folks, the king of ecchi series. Highschool DxD. Considering how much I'm enjoying Killing Bites, I definitely don't mind some mindless ecchi fun this season.

Persona 5 the Animation I've been hearing amazing things about the game, but I'm too cheap and lazy to buy and play it so I guess this will have to do.

Full Metal Panic! Invisible Victory Well this is something I never expected to see... a new season of one of my favorite anime from back in the day. I don't exactly have supreme confidence in Xebec or the director, but I really want to see what happens to these characters

Golden Kamuy Seems like a solid action show and the manga is pretty well regarded so hopefully this is a good adaptation

Megalo Box THIS! This is my most anticipated anime of the season. Cyberpunk Ashita no Joe! I'm already sold and the trailer looks amazing... CAN'T WAIT.

Uma Musume: Pretty Derby The long awaited horse idol show. It's finally here. Honestly I think idol shows are really boring, but hopefully they can insert some comedy like Monster Musume and do something fun with the genre.

Lupin III: Part V All the new Lupin T.V series have been really solid and this looks no different.

Cutie Honey Universe Looks like Go Nagai is on a roll, first Devilman, now Cutie Honey. Tbh I really liked the Gainax version so its gonna be hard to measure up to that, but the PV looks good so we can always hope.

Maybe

Steins;Gate 0 I was never the biggest fan of Steins;Gate, but I'm willing to give this a try...

Tokyo Ghoul:re
Pretty much the same as above

Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu: Die Neue These - Kaikou Considering I never seen the original I'm pretty hesitant to start this... not really digging the char designs either.

Mahou Shoujo Ore This looks too stupid and funny to pass up.

Souten no Ken Re:Genesis Full cgi prequel to Fist of the North Star... really don't know about this, but I do enjoy some over the top GAR and I'm sure this will deliver.

Gegege no Kitarou Reboot of a really old anime/manga that no one remember, but is historically significant... I'll give it a shot. Also I recently read a manga from the author and really liked it.

< Message edited by darksampson -- 3/16/2018 21:55:44 >
AQ  Post #: 140
4/13/2018 17:05:25   
fabri17

Haven't done a final impressions post in a while...
Finished a few and even dropped one, guess my anime habits are getting a bit slow nowadays.

Saishuu Heiki Kanojo (aka Saikano): Dropped... for now. The concept sounded at least interesting but it just looks... bad. And the writing doesn't help. A bunch of episodes in and things are happening for no apparent reason and nobody is really reacting in a believable way. Unfortunate.

Cross Ange: Rondo of angels and dragons: Someone recommended this to me so I thought why not. They warned me of a few things so my expectations were pretty low, but... this really isn't bad at all. The worldbuilding is something you just have to get used to, and there's a certain character that almost made me drop the series (looking at you, Tusk), but past that, it's a solid show. Really like the development of some characters. Not too memorable but 'twas entertaining.

Acchi Kocchi: This is one of the most adorable things in the universe MAN it had some hilarious scenes as well. Quality stuff right here. can we all agree Tsumiki is a universtal treasure, thank

Re:Creators: Came with fairly neutral expectations and it was... indeed pretty neutral, I guess. First half is pretty amazing, the whole blend of characters with different backgrounds is something to behold, action was decent and this has a SUPERB sound design. The development of the plot just didn't quite resonate with me, I suppose.

A.I.C.O. -Incarnation-: Saw it pop on Netflix and figured I should give it a try. Nice little bio-sci-fi, Looks like people generally didn't like the show very much but I loved it! The color palette can be off-putting to some but I dig this art style. The show's a bit strange but considering the background given in the anime, everything has a place and (mostly) makes sense. I have to admit I had to rewatch some things a couple of times to really understand what's going on but that's what made the whole experience pretty cool.

Gantz: Finally, the entire Gantz manga. I knew this one had its flaws and whatnot, but it was a thoroughly entertaining read. I would list the art as both great and oversaturated. Designs are epic and extremely detailed, but action can be a bit confusing and sometimes panels are too filled up with stuff and you can't tell what's going on. Story was interesting, though I get what is that people don't like about it, which is the bizarre finale, but I thought it was alright, it all made sense, after all. I have to say... this one fueled my evil side a little, with all the unfair and cruel stuff going on in Gantz, I had the little voice inside wanting people to die cruel deaths despite knowing well I was staring at a screen displaying some paper and ink, that can be both a bad and good indicator about the writing, I suppose.

Really need to finish MahoYome...
Also FranXX is really, really godd stuff so far.
Also FULL METAL PANIC INVISIBLE VICTORY IS ON, BOIS!!!!!!1!! contain your hype, fabri...
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 141
4/21/2018 6:52:25   
darksampson

Gonna share some quick final thoughts on the last season and talk about some of my first impressions for the new season.

Devilman Crybaby: I don't think I've seen mentioned at all on the forum... yeah it's amazing, but I probably don't have to tell anyone to watch this given it's popularity.

Junji Ito Collection: It was a decent attempt to bring to life some of the manga by one of the best horror authors out there. Could it have been better? Absolutely, but at least it wasn't a completed disgrace like the new Berserk anime.

Saiki Kuso 2 The more I watch this series the more I like it. It's a simple show with sometimes predictable punchlines, but its honestly just really funny and well-written.

Nanatsu no Taizai 2 Tbh... Ban is the only character that I really care about in this show lol. I just can't bring myself to relate to any of the other characters, I really feel like he should have been the main character. Still a fun show though.

Kokkoku Really fun and a unique concept BUT this show was soooooo slow. Great opening though.

Basilisk 2 The first season way back when was better. I don't like how the villains this time around are just evil for no reason. Also they could have really developed the characters a bit more.

Osomatsu-san 2 Again... first season was better. The thing I like about this show though is that there are always episodes I really enjoy... but then there is a bunch of mediocre episodes I don't care for.

Garo: Vanishing Line It's better than the one set in Japan, but its definitely not better than the original with the medieval setting. It was just a little too over the top and the plot was a bit convoluted.

Overlord 2 Am I the only one that actually liked the Lizardmen storyline? After that ended I just lost interest pretty much. I just don't see the appeal of this show.

Killing Bites Sooooooo bad, but sooo entertaining lol. I hate the ending though.. honestly this is just a beautiful mess.

As far as the new season I'm just gonna say... Megalo Box is amazing its the best thing this season and I love everything about it. Goldem Kamuy is really fun and has a great plot, but they really need to stop with the ugly cgi animals. Hero Academia and Shokugeki are still great quality shonens that remain consistent and the new Lupin series is fun as well. Persona 5 is probably one of the best videogame to anime adaptations I've seen and lastly FMP: Invisible Victory... I actually preferred the romcom stuff from the last season, but the mecha/military stuff isn't that bad and hopefully the tone lightens soon.
AQ  Post #: 142
4/22/2018 8:54:02   
fabri17

^Hopefully the "Invisible Victory" part means we get a nice ending this time around.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 143
4/23/2018 15:10:53   
ShadowMoon

quote:

Garo: Vanishing Line It's better than the one set in Japan, but its definitely not better than the original with the medieval setting. It was just a little too over the top and the plot was a bit convoluted.

yeah, crimson moon was horrible. one of the worst parts was seimei sealing zaruba, imo.
also it should be noted that the team who did the original & vanishing line is not the same one that did the mess that was crimson moon. hopefully the original team fixes crimson moon in the upcoming movie

quote:

Overlord 2 Am I the only one that actually liked the Lizardmen storyline? After that ended I just lost interest pretty much. I just don't see the appeal of this show.

second half of the season pissed off a lot of people cause they cut out huge parts of it, like the entoma vs gagaran, tia & evileye fight, the LN made it seem like it dragged on a good bit while the anime just faded out the end of the fight
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 144
9/30/2018 13:53:45   
fabri17

Been a while, as it tends to happen.
Saw a bunch of stuff so figured I'd drop some shallow thoughts.

Aho Girl: Had to try some pure comedy at some point, wasn't too great but it was probably somewhat worth cuz it made me laugh the hardest in a while xD

Terror in Resonance: Finally finished this one. Art direction is ON POINT, music is excellent too. Shame that the writing didn't hold up...

Hinamatsuri: Saw some gifs of this and found them hilarious, so went and watched. Decent comedy, sometimes the feels got too real :(
Also, GWAAHH WATASHI NO SUMATUFUONE GAAAA

SAO Alternative: GGO: Unpopular opinion, apparently, but... it's really not better than the first SAO, however this is to be interpreted. Action is alright, amazing that such a tiny virtual girl can carry that heavy of a plot armor.

Nanatsu no Taizai s2 final thoughts: What I heard was right! The stuff really gets pretty great later on. Praise the sun.

Darling in the FanXX: Oh boy. Really, really, REALLY good first 19 episodes, IMO. Very well done character dynamics, which I found the best aspect of the show up to this point. From then on, it reaaaally depends on how one takes those final episodes... Personally, I didn't like it that much.

Kekkai Sensen: ..haven't I mentioned this one before? It's been on the thread a couple of times I guess. Greatest OST in anime, quite possibly. Absolute insane show on everything else, definitely worth a watch if you want some fresh air of anime. Now, when would I stop procrastinating and watch s2 already...

Hero Academia s2 & 3: I'm sure this needs no introduction. For manga readers, everything was handled well. Very well, actually. Things are starting to get more serious on the plot, plus 2 of the best fights in the series here, which was cool.

Yowamushi Pedal s1 & 2: Been into cycling recently so I figured there would be some cycling anime.Very slow pacing... or, dare I say, cadence... jk the main protag actually rides with an insanely high cadence, but it stays as a decent sports anime. Just decent.

** Da Yu Hai Tang: AKA Big fish and Begonia. Some asterisks for this one because because it's a chinese movie. Quite enjoyable with great art and a weird but refreshing story. Lots of chinese myths here, but it wasn't too hard to follow. Saw it's on Netflix so I suppose this is one of those to watch with the family and stuff.

Overlord(3 seasons): A very interesting watch. Would recommend for those looking for fresh ways to execute isekai stories. World and character building is gonna need a lot more than 40 episodes, this stuff is immense. Also, GREAT OPs and EDs.

On hold: Violet Evergarden, Citrus, Cardcaptor, Konosuba s2, FMP IV (don't wanna finish this one, I'm not ready to finish another FMP and wait aeons for the next ), MahoYome.
now, who's hyped for SAO3

< Message edited by fabri17 -- 10/25/2018 10:28:48 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 145
1/23/2019 10:57:59   
darksampson

It's been a long time since I posted in this thread.... I'm still watching anime; although not as much as before due to... real life and all that. I don't think I have time to do a seasonal breakdown, but the year ended recently so I'll go over my top 20 of 2018 and leave some brief commentary.

1. Devilman Crybaby
-This was a huge wakeup call as far as realizing how popular an anime can be with overseas audience when given the right exposure (Netflix) and also considering how bizarre it was in terms of art style, narrative and origin. Hope people are encouraged to check out more Nagai and Yuasa.
2. The Night is Short, Walk on Girl
- I promise this is the last Yuasa pick on my list. Really felt like a spiritual successor to Tatami Galaxy with all the charm and introspection. I feel like it really hits on the existential struggle of college life. Some really funny bits too
3. Mobilesuit Gundam The Origin
- This ended up being a lot more Char heavy than I expected, but I can't really complain. I'm not a fan of the cgi, but it was used sparingly. Idk I don't really have anything bad to say; classic Gundam is always a win in my book. Although I liked Unicorn better and Thunderbolt reigns supreme.
4. Megalo Box
-Idk how you can't like this... its a frikin cyberpunk boxing anime with a hip-hop and jazz OST. I feel like the lead-up to the finale, could have been better, but in general this was pretty awesome, compared to Ashita no Joe it felt rushed though.
5. Jojo pt. 5
-Still airing, but Jojo is Jojo... you can't really go wrong. I do wish they focused more on Giorno though instead of the gang, but I'm starting to warm up to them more.
6. Hero Academia 3
-How does this anime keep getting better with each season? All I can say is UNITED STATES OF SMASH
7. Tensura
-Big surprise for me as I was really kind of done with the whole isekai thing, but this is actually really good. The world-building and attention to detail. Unlike Overwatch where everything is kind of already there, the MC is like actually building it. Also I really enjoy his personality he doesn't act pathetic or OP, he just has a really positive, but somewhat apprehensive thing going on. Also apparently when they evolve all the monster look like humans =/
8. Saiki Kuso 2
-A big improvement on season 1 and rounded out the series well. The OVA that finished the series was a little underwhelming, but yeah I had some great laughs with this silly esper concept that I thought was already milked dry in the first few episodes.
9. Shokugeki no Souma 4
-I feel like this season was a bit weaker compared to season 2 and 3, but overall still an enjoyable anime with some good laughs and over the top food battles.
10. Golden Kamuy s1&2
-This is such a fun show with a wacky and dark concept. I love how they balance the dark aspects with the comedy and the violence. It all just comes together well. I also like learning about the historical aspects of the Russo-Japan war and Ainu culture.
11. Grand Blue
-I originally though this was gonna be a fujo show, but it actually turned out to be a really funny "bro comedy" in the same vein as like Great Teacher Onizuka and Prison School. Lots of laughs, especially if you like that kind of humor.
12. Middle Manager Tonegawa
-What a weird spinoff... I didn't really know what to expect from this, especially when they introduced the foreman segments, but yeah I ended up having a good time.
13. Mirai of the Future
-Saw this in theaters, last month. Another great family movie by Hosoda. Some good coming of age stuff and thankfully not as much furryness lol. It's not my favorite of his movies, but I really appreciate that filmmakers are trying to carry that Miyazaki torch.
14. Bunny Senpai
-Felt like someone put Bakemonogatari and Oregairu in the blender. I won't say this is as good as either, but still had a good time. Bunny senpai is best girl.
15. Index 3
-Dam its been so long since the last season... I guess anything is possible *crossesfingerforspiceandwolf3*. Anyway this was pretty good. It was nice to see all the old chars and their interactions and Touma's gender equality. I tend to prefer the science part more than the magic and it seems like its gonna focus on that in the next arc so I'm excited.
16. Junji Ito Collection
-I have mixed feelings as far as the quality of the anime and the stories they chose, but like a lot of these episodic horror anime it was a mixed bag. It helps that they had good source material to draw from. Also I'm including the Tomoe OVAs here, which IMO were a little better than the main series.
17. Nanatsu no Taizai 2
-It's fun... like it's not amazing its not bad, its just kind of there. I liked Ban's stuff, but the other chars don't really appeal to me as much, except Escanor who is a very welcome addition. I'd say its slightly better than season 1
18. Goblin Slayer
-This was fun. Like the controversy was strange to me tbh. I've seen a lot worse, but overall I had a good time and don't see why other people didn't. It focuses more on the smaller scale and the MC isn't OP for once. Oddly enough I think I remember first hearing about it on this forum.
19. Hero Academia Movie
-Saw this in theaters too, it was pretty good and it shows All Might's past almost like a backstory so it didn't feel that "fillerish". If you liked the main series you'll enjoy this.
20. Aguu: Genius Dolls
-I was meaning to watch Hinamatsuri, cause people keep telling me its hilarious, but until then I thought this was alright. The concept was great and I liked the chars for the most part. I just feel like the execution and presentation could really use some work.

Also everyone PLEASE WATCH THE BROLY MOVIE. It was sooooo much fun, made me feel like a kid again. I wasn't really used to the goofyness of super, but it wasn't as bad the other DBS movies. The battles were just sooooo good and the little cgi they used IMO can be forgiven.

< Message edited by darksampson -- 1/23/2019 11:12:05 >
AQ  Post #: 146
2/10/2019 12:07:07   
Onyx Darkmatter

I've been loving JJBA: Golden Wind. It's been far better than what the manga portrays. The gang were more of an entertainment than Josuke and Co. IMO.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 147
2/19/2019 14:40:26   
Grandma

I'm having a good laugh at Cory in the House, I've just started and this anime is top tier comedy and its art style is so realistic.
Epic  Post #: 148
3/23/2019 15:36:07   
Chaosweaver Amon
Friendly!

quote:

I'm having a good laugh at Cory in the House, I've just started and this anime is top tier comedy and its art style is so realistic.
This killed me.

Just caught up on season 2 of Mob Psycho 100. I still can't get enough of this show; every episode just seems so perfect.

Also, who's ready for the return of OPM and AoT next month??
DF  Post #: 149
3/23/2019 18:45:07   
fabri17

Mob Psycho 100 season 2 is something special, man...

After wactching the PVs, OPM s2 seems like it won't have the super top production quality from s1, but having read the manga there'll be good stuff a always.

Mini review of the few things I saw:

S.S.S.S. Gridman Very unusual anime... and that's fine because it's probably a perfect homage to Ultra series. Overall I can't think of other word to describe this than "appropriate".

Zombieland Saga I suppose I had the wrong expectations for this. Couple of hilarious moments, but the CGI and later episodes felt a little disappointing...

Megalo Box Dear lord, what a badass anime. Writing is very, very straightforward, also the fights themselves didn't really end up bringing the epic violence I expected, but still: the atmosphere in this anime is dang memorable. A must watch even if only for the combination of visuals and music.
Sachio theme best theme

*will update after this season is over, I suppose, since it has some freaking good stuff (Kaguya, Mob, Neverland, Dororo...)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 5 [6] 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> Out of Context >> RE: Anime/Manga Recommendation and Discussion Thread
Page 6 of 7«<34567>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition