Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Anime/Manga Recommendation and Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> Out of Context >> RE: Anime/Manga Recommendation and Discussion Thread
Page 7 of 7«<34567
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/30/2019 21:45:25   
LurkBlackSmith

Here's a manga that I'm reading Shuumatsu no Walkurie (English name: Record of Ragnarok), its a nice and good manga that's up to vol.3 chap 10 translated.

Also a webtoon called Like A Butterfly.

< Message edited by LurkBlackSmith -- 3/31/2019 14:09:08 >
DF  Post #: 151
4/15/2019 9:08:55   
  toidiedud

Haven't been watching a ton of anime recently other than catching up on my rewatch of G Gundam since the remaster came out(which looks fantastic)but manga wise The Promised Neverland is still going super strong. Sad its about to end this year but its still probably the best thing SHounen Jump has had in the past decade across the board. The anime adaption was good too. If you aren't aware of what it is try to go into it blind if you can since its a thriller/mystery so the less you know the better.
AQ DF  Post #: 152
4/27/2019 4:20:19   
LurkBlackSmith

Ah,The Promised Neverland anime, I'll watch later. currently up to date with reading it.
Here's another duo of mangas recommendations I'll place here:

Haritoge Kuremi to Ou no le (English name: Hedgehog in the King's House) and Nicola no Oyurui Makai Kikou (English name: Nicola's Leisurely Demon World Travelogue)

First one is a short manga that will have a anime/shorts, can't remember, while the second one is a good relaxing manga to read while there's currently eight chapters, out as both have the same genre which is comedy.

Now here's another manga, that's not comedy but sports called: Blue Lock, its a soccer manga that has those fujoshi/fundashi character art design, excepts it not like Haikyuu in the sense of friendship.

< Message edited by LurkBlackSmith -- 7/1/2019 19:00:40 >
DF  Post #: 153
8/18/2019 22:25:55   
Chaosweaver Amon
Friendly!

What did you guys think of the OPM and AoT this summer? In my opinion,
One Punch Man:
spoiler:

I really can't say I was that disappointed with the animation this season. I know there was definitely a fear of decline in quality after they left Madhouse, but I was pleasantly surprised to say that for the most part, I think it stood up to that of season 1.

While I found the Saitama and King scenes kind of boring, I loved Garou's character arc, and how we got to watch him grow into his power rather than just see him appear as a singuar force that's OP from day 1 (that fight with the class A heroes was AMAZING). That being said, I was EXTREMELY disappointed to see the way they ended it. It's one thing to end a season on a cliff hanger, but there was absolutely zero closure, and nothing really signified that it was a season end, which is especially upsetting due to the lack of confirmation on a season 3.

All in all, I'd give it a 7.5/10. Wasn't as good as season 1. The storytelling around Garou was what carried the season. We had some great fight scenes too, but outside of that everything else seemed a bit lackluster.

Attack on Titan:
spoiler:

FINALLY some proper worldbuilding! Grisha's revelations provided great insight, and learning about Krueger and the science behind the titan powers was awesome. Loved to see Bertholdt finally do something, even if it was just dying (so hyped to see Armin as a titan). As a non-manga reader, I was very satisfied.

9.5/10. The only bummer for me was the annoyingly slow suspense-building that (in my opinion) wasted at least a whole episode. Aimless wandering through Shiganshina with repetitive flashbacks was frustrating to watch.

Overall, I can say I was very content with both of them.
DF  Post #: 154
9/8/2019 0:37:30   
LurkBlackSmith

Here's another manga that I'm looked at and read called

Majo no Marie wa Majo Janai

Its funny and I like the mc lady and the crow with her and for the second chapter, something for the female readers to say cute.

Also I may have recommended this before on another thread, The Ride-On King.

Here's another manga, called Soukon no Shoujo to Sourei no Tabi.

< Message edited by LurkBlackSmith -- 12/25/2019 17:21:42 >
DF  Post #: 155
10/15/2021 5:27:47   
Erikson994

There are several manga that I believe everyone should try:

- Kingdom: technically a Chinese epic of Qin Shi Huang who united entire China back in 247 – 221 BC

- Onepunch Man: fun shonen series with OP main character, yet surprisingly deep story about superheroes world.

- Sengoku Komachi Kurou Tan: about a high school girl who was "magically" transferred to the Warring States Period of Japan. She met the infamous Oda Nobunaga and used her modern knowledge to survive in this harsh world.

- Overlord: it is originally a light novel, personally I'd recommend the light novel version but there is manga & anime for those who dislike LN. It's a pretty intriguing story of an anti-hero and his legion of demonic entities who got transferred into a different world. The focus is not about the traditional hero story, this main character is an evil entity, and it is extremely fascinating to see how he and his subordinates affect this new world they got into.

Everything is sus, who do I trust?
Post #: 156
12/1/2021 7:50:41   
  toidiedud

I've been reading blue period recently really good. It's pretty good timing too since I got back into art last year. It's a manga about painting and the main character realizing a love of art and pursuing it.

I feel like these days all my favorite series are more slice of life than anything else. Still love me a good shounen or other types of series(Mashle is a new good jump series)but nothing quite ever hits as well as slice of lifes.

I've always loved them but now more than ever. Even if they're really sad like girls last tour.

I sometimes think back here in this forum where I first got introduced to the genre so long ago.
AQ DF  Post #: 157
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 5 6 [7]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> Out of Context >> RE: Anime/Manga Recommendation and Discussion Thread
Page 7 of 7«<34567
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition