Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

A way to make alts/low levels slower.

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> A way to make alts/low levels slower.
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/25/2016 12:59:58   
nowras

Currently, players at all levels can max out their skills once they get enough points for that but, this is causing a huge problem as skills' damage at low levels is too high for their defenses;
making their battles end so fast and making factions use these low levels to win daily champions. My suggestion is to make the maximum amount of each skill lower at low level ranges. For example:
level 1- 15: They could only invest 5 points in one skill; that's the maximum amount of points they could invest in one skill. For example: they could just invest 5 points in stun grenade; they can't invest more.
level 16-20: 6
level 21-25: 7
level 26-30: 8
level 31-35: 9
level 36-40: 10

Edit: It will also make juggernaut easier.

< Message edited by nowras -- 3/29/2016 2:06:21 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 1
3/25/2016 15:02:36   
Daph Duck

GRATE idea dsl much suphort we ned alt to stop having only 2 kind of build (suphort max stun or dextirety max multi) this wil promote diphersity and also raduce the alt cheeter problem.
AQW Epic  Post #: 2
3/25/2016 16:34:16   
newtena

I agree.
Post #: 3
3/25/2016 23:12:50   
racing.lo.mas

Hm its a good idea. There should be some restrictions for low levels.
Moreover, new players dont have a reason to level since they can get all the things that a level 40 has.

< Message edited by racing.lo.mas -- 3/25/2016 23:17:30 >
Epic  Post #: 4
3/26/2016 6:28:11   
  Exploding Penguin

I like the idea a lot too.

If the devs don't want to do this for whatever reason, an easier alternative is to make the skill points increase damage by less but scale up the higher levels go. EX: each skill point in a skill at level 40 gives +30 damage, but at level 1 it only gives +10 or +15, gradually scaling upwards to that 30 as they level up.
Epic  Post #: 5
3/26/2016 21:22:12   
The berserker killer

I like it a lot too. Great work, and great idea
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 6
3/28/2016 14:55:36   
nowras

Thanks guys for your support. I hope the developers take a look at this suggestion and try to implement it as soon as possible because the alting problem is real and winning champs at higher levels is harder.
AQW Epic  Post #: 7
3/28/2016 16:35:42   
Lord Machaar

Kinda supported. There should also be a cap for stats (35 - 65 - 95 - inf), as the skills remain powerful even at low levels, for instance a level 16 BH would still be powerful with 6 skills cap, investing 6 skill points in multi and another 6 in stun grenade.

Beside making personnel champs more fair for both higher and lower level players, and also, which is most importantly, eradicate factions who use alts to win champs.

I'm not fully supporting this because it limits builds, and kinda limits variety, which will affect players, especially new ones. Punishing new players for alters would definitely affect the game. Finding a better way without a collateral damage would be great, but if there isn't one, then this might be applied.
MQ Epic  Post #: 8
3/28/2016 18:42:02   
goldslayer1

Rather than capping it, just add a level requirement on a per level basis.
Capping it at X until Level Y is going to cause the same issue but on a smaller scale, and it doesn't fully fix the problem.

Also I dont really see a reason to cap it into the 30s. anywhere from 28-32 would be an OK limit for rank 10 skills.

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 3/28/2016 18:44:06 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 9
3/29/2016 2:04:29   
nowras

This would also solve Juggernaut problems. It's' true this won't fully fix it but, it will make a huge difference. They may implement more limitations in the future that slow low levels down and make them weaker in Juggernaut battles.

@LordMachaar

It won't limit builds' variety, on the contrary, it would force people to create new builds using new skills not just spamming one or two skills and that's it, they made a build!
A build means using different skills to make one composition that can make you win more than 70% of your battles. Spamming just two skills isn't called a build, it's called a joke.
I mean even special-needs will be able to make a build without using their minds. Well, excuse me if this game was made for the special-needs.

< Message edited by nowras -- 3/29/2016 2:23:17 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 10
3/29/2016 13:50:23   
Lord Machaar

^ At lower levels, you don't have 40 skill points to invest, a level 10 has just enough skills to make the build effective, for example a support TM build, putting a cap to how many skills you can invest in overload will make it weaker, since overload is the long skill that improves with support, same can be said for support TLM/M. Unlike if we say high dex BH, who has 2 skills that improve with dex, putting a cap wouldn't affect the build much. So this tweak will definitely affect builds variety.
MQ Epic  Post #: 11
3/29/2016 15:20:02   
nowras

That's the point of this. It will affect speed builds not slow builds... It will make people use builds like high tech builds/focus which will slow down the low levels.

For BH, they will have to receive a nerf to their stun or multi... Or if the total energy at lower levels is reduced to like 318 at level 1 and then it increases by 8 each level.

And again it won't reduce the variety.. It would in fact, make them invest in other skills not just 1 skill.. The builds will still exist but, they will become a little bit weaker, trust me.
AQW Epic  Post #: 12
3/29/2016 17:23:06   
Lord Machaar

It will affect all builds. High tech TM/BM/merc? Affected, without the ability to use plasma bolt/plasma cannon/bunker buster to its fullest, and since technology increases bot damage, and bots are not usable at lower levels.. this type of build added up to the ones mentioned before will be nerfed, so using technology/support will be a disadvantage at lower levels, opening doors to high dex, and maybe an unexpected return of high strenght builds too since most builds that count on skills will be useless rendering strenght OP again.

Theoritically, this lowers variety, and you never know if a suggestion works or not since there are endless possibilities and you never know what comes up. Testing is the only solution, but then there aren't any testers available at the moment.
MQ Epic  Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> A way to make alts/low levels slower.
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition