Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Idle time

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Idle time
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/24/2016 21:38:20   
The berserker killer

My suggestion is for EpicDuel to have Idle time rewards. Meaning that after 30 seconds of no movement, talking is fine, a 24 hour idle time reward system will activate.

For every minute your player "idles" you will earn a fixed amount of credits and experience. Enough to be helpful but not too much to make PVP seem futile.

The reason this will be such a good suggestion is because the first step to making this a better game is to increase the player base. With this, players will be more inclined to come online. When they come online curiosity is bound to kick in and players will be curious about the new content that is released when we do have releases.

Idle time rewards last up to 24 hours and double with powerhour and EXCLUSIVELY with the 24hour exp/credit boosts.

Post edited ~Battle Elf

< Message edited by Battle Elf -- 5/9/2016 7:12:05 >
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 1
4/24/2016 21:48:41   
Altador987

what if there was a "Faction time" it would do what you're suggesting but also bring factions into play. this idea is from the game Wartune where at certain hours you'd energize a tree and sit their collecting guild contributions and exp and money. In this game we could have certain times where you could sit with your factions and chill while gaining exp and credits too. It would add on to your buddy idea as players would really get to know each other better
AQW Epic  Post #: 2
4/24/2016 23:34:29   
The berserker killer

I love that idea too!It would really help overall with the over-expensive items in this game and would spice things up a bit
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 3
4/25/2016 0:19:58   
Altador987

it'd also help a lot for lvls 36-39 (as well as 40s tryin to gain rank) that are tryin to gain those last few lvls
AQW Epic  Post #: 4
4/25/2016 0:37:58   
  Exploding Penguin

I'm not really a huge fan of the games that are getting a bit more reliant on just spending a lot of time in it.

I log into ED and battle then log off. I don't log in just to afk for free stuff. That's completely contradictory of a game because at that point I'm not even trying to have fun anymore to get in-game rewards. Very little interactivity = bad in most general cases IMO.

As such, I don't support this.
Epic  Post #: 5
4/25/2016 13:48:57   
The berserker killer

It's not something you'd personally do, so you'd rather deprive everyone of it. Ok, just making sure I understand. Thanks
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 6
4/25/2016 14:57:54   
8x

This is great. I could log in with all my alts and make money on them without having to do anything.
Epic  Post #: 7
4/25/2016 15:26:28   
The berserker killer

Even that. As stated, the money and xp earned wont be enough to make battles seem futile but will be enough to encourage players to come online.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 8
4/25/2016 16:24:46   
Lord Machaar

The devs should be more interested into pushing players to do PVP rather than camp in CS w0 begging for fame and starting feuds. A generic toxic "playerbase" wouldn't help the game much, since even such playerbase tries to do PVP, it'd be too imbalanced for their liking. Not supported.

Unless ofcourse, this is coming from a botter with 12k NPC wins against a famous farmable NPC, and wishes to gain few more credits and EXP.

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 4/25/2016 16:25:47 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 9
4/25/2016 16:59:52   
Altador987

you can't "push" anyone into doing anything really. however, even with said "generic toxic playerbase" the assumption is that some of them came to play, and even if they don't outsiders are more likely to take the game serious and actually join with 500 players online as opposed to 200. also the original idea as Beserker stated was only more of a slight bonus as opposed to a usable camping system
AQW Epic  Post #: 10
4/25/2016 19:32:42   
Lord Machaar

quote:

the assumption is that some of them came to play

Come to play what? A featureless game?
The players who ended up getting serious enough to actually play the game will end up joining their fellow brothers who are either camping or botting.
Let's just not forget also, we are talking about an update-less game. Adding "generic" features is like fixing wall cracks with a tape.

I would rather such time that is invested to make such feature gets used in something more beneficial to the game. Heck even bi-weekly mini-missions (with bosses and whatnot) updates will do and that way the game's playerbase will gain a positive community as I would like to call it.

Such "generic" features as I call them like the "fame" systemp, I'm sure you've witnessed how much these features can intoxicate the game. Maybe getting rewarded for actually doing PVP which is the main feature of this game would be "positive", as we are not really talking about AQW here, ED is basically built around PVP, a generic playerbase wouldn't help. A true playerbase that is actually doing PVP would do.

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 4/25/2016 19:37:00 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 11
4/25/2016 19:39:51   
The berserker killer

Thanks for your input
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 12
4/25/2016 20:44:00   
  Exploding Penguin

quote:

It's not something you'd personally do, so you'd rather deprive everyone of it. Ok, just making sure I understand. Thanks

I'd rather you not transform my words into something they don't even mean. What you've done here is stemmed logic off in a really convoluted way. I don't like it and that's my opinion. Hence I don't personally do it. Since my opinion doesn't support it, that means I don't support the suggestion and in your words, "deprive everyone of it." Me not approving of it does not stem from me not doing it, it stems from my opinion which is the source of me not doing it. Attacking me in the way that you have basically says I don't get to have an opinion.

I don't support the suggestion because IMO it detracts from the integrity of what a game should be, which is to be interactive in order to generate fun.
To add on to another reason why I'm not really in favor of this suggestion is that it's under the premise of enlarging/strengthening the playerbase. That being said, if the game is merely kept alive by a mechanic which allows people to AFK for free stuff, which many probably will, it doesn't set up that well as a good foundation. A strong playerbase would include players who actually want to play the game, not be idle for free stuff. However, I get the approach that you're coming from with trying to first attract people into the game. With that in mind, I'd be much more in favor of a system that rewards actual active playtime over idle playtime, such as the old battle token flag capture interactivity which rewarded players for being active in more ways than simply ranks and LB standings.
Epic  Post #: 13
4/25/2016 20:58:36   
The berserker killer

Apologies, I didn't mean anything by it. That's what I interpreted from your original statement.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 14
4/25/2016 21:06:43   
  Exploding Penguin

No worries man, you're just trying to help improve the game. I misinterpret like that sometimes too so I understand to some extent or another.

< Message edited by Exploding Penguin -- 4/25/2016 21:07:03 >
Epic  Post #: 15
4/26/2016 7:54:10   
Altador987

@Lord Machaar

the hope would be with a surplus of players that the team would turn their attentions to said featureless game and focus on adding more features. It's currently featureless yet they've basically said they have no intention of changing that, so i can't see the harm in more players whether they play or not. plus with more people playing we might actually reach them with balance issues and the like
AQW Epic  Post #: 16
4/26/2016 19:43:50   
Lord Machaar

^ Theoretically it might increase the player base but with how much? 10, 20 players?
Features like gifting event does increase the playerbase in a distinctive manner, and we are speaking about a feature that can earn you million of credits, and the playerbase didn't merely reach 500-600, compared to 2014's gifting event which witnessed a record breaking of 1k players after many months of low player base.

Sadly this means players have lost interest, even giving them millions of credits is not helping so i don't know how would few credits would do.

On top of that, I doubt the game would benefit from such minor increase. I mean devs have clearly gave up on the game, flash is dead so any effort spent on the game is a wasted effort. That would only make players more angrier, calling for updates and fixes while no one's there to answer. I would rather ED that dies in peace, while everyone slowly forgets about it, and at least can keeps good memories about it.

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 4/26/2016 19:47:43 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 17
4/26/2016 21:01:58   
Altador987

... not to say your opinion doesn't matter. but the point of this post was to possibly preserve and revive the game... and while you bring up excellent points, you aren't arguing the fact that the plan may or may not work, you're arguing whether trying to preserve the game is even worth bothering with. Yes i certainly agree that the devs seem to have forsaken ED, however that doesn't mean we have to assume the worst no? Also is 200-300 players tops really a memory worth reminiscing over? There have been fun aspects to the game certainly, however balance was never fully reached even in the beginning stages... i'd think we could at least give hope to the possibility of what ED COULD be like if it were fully balanced and more players arrived. I'm certain older players would at the least give it a fighting chance just to see if it's fun
AQW Epic  Post #: 18
4/26/2016 21:27:08   
The berserker killer

It's just that some people want to go from 0-100 instantly. The majority of users on forums don't want to go from 0 to 20 then 25 if necessary, and progressively reach 100. Listen, you have your doubts, That's natural about anything. But it's better than nothing. The arguments made seem against this seem opinionated. The argument for is fact. It will get players online.

I'm not really gonna fight for this, its your game now. Just wanted to clear that up.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 19
4/27/2016 5:51:52   
Xendran

Sure, if you want to keep adding bandaid fixes to a game and make the reaction from the general gaming community on steam and reddit even more viscious.
Taking a pure pvp game in the direction of the most casual mobile games and then launching it on steam as a serious "PVP" game with rewards for being idle? Will get laughed off of steam and murdered in reviews.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 20
4/27/2016 6:03:43   
Lord Machaar

^ I was about to write that.

Anyways, lemme lay down some facts here away from my opinion.
- The only way to revive the game is steam.
- Flash is getting dropped by browsers soon. This is a fact confirmed by statistics, there is really no space for "opinions" here.
- A generic feature won't revive the game.
- Far worst is when this generic feature intoxicate the community like fame does. Going to steam with an intoxicated community where players were fed generic features instead of actually true features will have a huge backlash on the future of the game. This means you are killing the game on the long run instead of reviving it. Sure it might draw some attention for now, but soon will join the huge list of failed features, giving players just another reason to hate on the game.

So far, all these are facts, take them or leave them. My opinion is quite reasonable, if ED devs decide to try their chances with steam, they must at least go with a positive community, which means either make great features, or let the players forget about the game until you surprise them with something new, this giving them the sensation of playing a new game.

I would even say drop the gifting event because it is just another generic feature that is game breaking and intoxicating the community (beggars to be more exact, if you have played during the event, you'd understand). Therefore if devs have any plans to revive the game in the future(steam or another popular platform), they must do it in the right way, filling it up with new screw ups will only kill any chance of it surviving in the future.

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 4/27/2016 6:08:01 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 21
4/27/2016 8:16:14   
Altador987

ED died down way before Flash was being dropped i'm sorry but Steam isn't going to fix problems that were there before it came into play. Why would we even consider Steam reviews when clearly the ED players barely like what we have now? We can't expect to move forward with something as big as steam if we don't even have the basics like balance figured out. The game wont last 3 months. At least if we bring back more people now they'll see how unbalanced it is and more people will complain hopefully forcing the devs to listen. You can't expect someone to take care of a mansion if they wouldn't even take care of their apartment.
AQW Epic  Post #: 22
4/27/2016 9:31:55   
Lord Machaar

quote:

At least if we bring back more people now they'll see how unbalanced it is and more people will complain hopefully forcing the devs to listen.

More people would convince "devs to fix the game", but who will convince Adobe to not drop support off Flash Player?

If you still think that Flash will be a hit and ED gets back to 3k - 4k players again, I mean that's your opinion and I won't convince you otherwise. I only reflect on opinions that are built around facts and solid arguments not speculations. If experts say that Flash will die, I mean by experts, adults who have studied the market, have statistics, made surveys, and have a long term view of the gaming field. If you think otherwise, that's your right to do so.

For me steam is the solution, sure the game needs major "balance patches", but generic features won't do the work. No one can push the devs to fix the game but their will and ofcourse planning. 25 - 30 players who came to stay "idle" to gain few more creds, which I assure you will probably be botters or alts, and mostly individuals who really aren't interested in a quality game, won't really help the game that much, infact they will only intoxicate it even more (I bring the fame/gifting system example back. If you haven't played during the gifting event, I recommend you to ask your friends who did). Once again if devs are going to fix the game, they better fix it for good.

Well you said,
quote:

You can't expect someone to take care of a mansion if they wouldn't even take care of their apartment.

I say, who takes care of a mansion buying it new furniture while the whole building is falling off. Wouldn't that be a waste, of both time and money?
If you are going to start fixing something, you better start with basics. And believe me, false advertising is never good for any game.

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 4/27/2016 9:39:18 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 23
4/27/2016 10:09:38   
Altador987

i think you're misunderstanding me? I'm not saying that moving to Steam isn't necessary i'm saying first things first we need to fix what problems are already and have already been present for years.

Your last statement is my point, it's a waste to focus on moving to Stream when the game itself is already flawed through it's basis.
AQW Epic  Post #: 24
4/27/2016 10:29:21   
The berserker killer

A Band-Aid fix as opposed to what....a full on surgery? So you'd rather do without something that benefits everyone for another 3 or 4 months, than with it. Interesting. Just trying to make sure I understand this games playerbase thought process. Eh doesn't matter to me
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Idle time
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition