Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AQW= PvP Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> RE: =AQW= PvP Discussion Thread
Page 9 of 10«<678910>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/13/2017 13:24:41   
Foulman

@axell5 For OG Blademaster, full thief is the best for me. Luck doesn't help all that much, considering how weak the nuke is. I'm beating people up to 25 levels higher with full thief BM.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 201
7/13/2017 14:17:08   
you stop

I'll only talk about DLord and Warrior since I have 0 experience with the rest of your classes.

Bludrut Brawl

DLord - 3 Luck 1 Fighter on class. Some would say just use pure luck on Physical classes but adding in 1 Fighter Enh increases your chances at burning your mana, which then leads to a higher damage on your 5 skill. Going Full Luck practically means youre never gonna drop below 50 mana unless you really get unlucky with crits.

Warrior - 3 Luck 1 Fighter or Thief on class depending if you want a bigger base damage or a slightly better Haste. 5 Skill is your bread and butter in terms of engaging non-dodge classes and so adding the extra haste and hit chance from either Fighter or Thief helps a lot. Most of the people I've talked to say go Full Luck since your 4 skill is a guaranteed Crit but I would still say that your 5 skill is what makes you tanky. If you know youre going up against a dodge class, better to go Full Luck since 4 Skill never misses.

Doom Arena

Both classes just use Full Luck

DLord - There's no NPC to safely burn mana and no rooms to hop while waiting on your nukes. Just go with a reliable source of DPS which is Luck.

Warrior - No room hopping so again, no other way to wait on your cooldowns. Just try and kill them before they kill you. Just make sure to space your 3 and 5 skills since 5 skill will be useless if u use 3 while 5 is still on. A good strat is to start with 3. If it hits, go for 4 then 5. Another thing to note is you might still wanna go for the Fighter/Thief on class since if you miss your 5, you might just die since you have no other form of survivability.

< Message edited by you stop -- 7/13/2017 14:22:39 >
AQW  Post #: 202
7/20/2017 10:07:02   
Apeiron

Man, Chaos Champion Prime/Chaos Slayer really lives up its name, sometimes can kill VHLs and sometimes gets killed by a Evo Shaman.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 203
7/20/2017 17:47:32   
TsumetheWolf

@Axell5: I'll make a suggestion for the classes you asked about that I myself have used.

Dragonlord- I took a leaf out of a friend's book and sometimes used one thief enhancement on the cape, and other times i'd add a fighter to the helm and the rest luck. It's not quite the setup everyone else uses, but I always enjoyed PvPing with it.

Defender- I used to have a fighter enhancement on my class and sometimes I rolled with full luck. I'd play around with different set-ups of fighter and luck to see what you prefer. Having said that though, this class is more of a tank; so with more HP, you can survive a bit longer before hopefully punishing your foe with Retaliation!

Warrior- Some say full luck, some say use fighter. I went with a similar setup to the one I used on DL. Perhaps it was my imagination, but it felt a bit faster with a thief enhancement than all luck.

Blademaster- The only luck enhancement I have ever used on this class has been on my weapon, and it served me quite well. If needed though, full thief does also work well. Since the class can regain mana via dodging, and restore some HP by doing so, it's probably better to be able to dodge as much as you can.

@Apeiron- Chaos Shaper is just as unpredictable. There have been times when I have 'backfired' myself to death and other times i've ended up with only the HoT when I really could have used that DoT!
Post #: 204
7/22/2017 11:42:00   
axell5

Except weapons that do dmg vs all enemies, do the specific type of dmg boosting weapons affect pvp?
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 205
7/22/2017 11:50:34   
Aura Knight

I wonder if it could be possible to have a teleport to last location feature in the 8v8 PvP maps. Would make things faster and with this, you may not have to deal with being stuck trying to get past certain doors. I don't care much for PvP but I am using bludrutbrawl as a way to rank classes by fighting the monsters there.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 206
7/23/2017 10:05:20   
Apeiron

^ It would be awful for those times you have to defend your captain of a constant swarm of enemies.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 207
7/28/2017 11:54:30   
Silver Disdain

Maybe a good DOOR FIX in the Bludrut and ChaosBrawl Arenas would be a good update.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 208
8/3/2017 10:19:32   
razorshurikens

I was thinking about using healer class in a 1v1 pvp, what do you think are the best enhancements?
AQW  Post #: 209
8/3/2017 11:27:18   
Arcane Energy

@above full wiz or full wiz and wep lucky., ranked well with those back in the day ;c
Post #: 210
8/8/2017 4:29:35   
fxmybrute13

Is the mana regen system different in BludrutBrawl? I swear I keep on running into mana issues. But I seem to have regular mana regen in Chaosbrawl.
DF AQW  Post #: 211
8/8/2017 5:40:27   
Foulman

@fxmybrute13
I'm pretty sure the regen system is the same. Mage classes have mana issues with the higher hp, so that might be why.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 212
8/8/2017 7:42:09   
iDreadnaut

When I farm /bludrutbrawl with VHL, I unequip my PVP amulet to have higher mana intake on crit. Even with less HP, I can face the fully buffed Captain without a problem.

I checked your char page, did you use Chaorrupter Unlocked in /chaosbrawl? According to wiki, the monsters there are chaoskind.
AQW  Post #: 213
8/8/2017 8:06:53   
fxmybrute13

Huh, been a while since I had to farm bludrutbrawl, but I never knew that more health meant worse mana recovery (for some classes). I know there's a line in the class page about mana gain being "relative" to one's own HP, but I never understood what it really meant. Unequipping my pvp amulet solved the mana issue for me, thanks for that tip.

Also for chaosbrawl, I did use Chaorrupted Unlocked, as the monsters there are indeed chaoskind. But would that affect mana regen?
DF AQW  Post #: 214
8/8/2017 8:19:19   
Metakirby
Constructive & Helpful!

I'm 99% sure all internal damage boosts affects mana regen, while external ones doesn't.
Internal damage boosts being anything that increases your own damage (damage boost items, class buffs that affect yourself like VHL, LC, TSS, Scarlet etc.), while external are ones that are applied to the mob itself (defense reduction like SC, Arachno GB etc.) doesn't. This is why even at max Lingering Light stacks, LC doesn't cap out it's mana on every skill use.
It's not something that you really notice while playing, because most crit regen classes caps out mana very frequently.
AQW  Post #: 215
8/8/2017 8:45:48   
Solanaceae
Legendary Nightshade

Not quite. Any temporary buffs don't affect your mana regen, whether they're enemy defense debuffs or player attack buffs. VHL, for example, regains the same mana regardless if either of its 50% damage boosts are active. Permanent equipment buffs, however, like the 15% universal buff from AFDL gear or racial boosts, do help mage model regen, which I tested just now. Permanent damage buffs from passives do not. Classic LDK and LDK both regained the same mana from AA crits, though one has a 10% damage buff while the other has a 20%.

Well, all this testing aside, Chaorrupter Unlocked would indeed make you regen more mana.
DF  Post #: 216
8/8/2017 10:22:18   
Shadowhunt

Int Shield would also negatively affect mana regen, wouldn't it? Or are you still able to do enough damage that it doesn't really matter? If you're farming in Bludrutbrawl then you're probably not doing actual matches, but I guess for the people who are doing the matches.
AQ AQW  Post #: 217
8/8/2017 10:56:01   
iDreadnaut

quote:

Also for chaosbrawl, I did use Chaorrupted Unlocked, as the monsters there are indeed chaoskind. But would that affect mana regen?

More HP = Less mana from your average outgoing damage.
Higher outgoing damage (i.e. Chaorrupter Unlocked) = higher mana intake on hit.

Of course, this only works for that mana gain relative to HP thing. "Inversely proportional" would be the best expression to explain it.

So, unequipping an amulet / reducing your endurance should do wonders to your mp gain, regarding this mana regen style.

< Message edited by iDreadnaut -- 8/8/2017 11:00:37 >
AQW  Post #: 218
8/11/2017 12:39:37   
you stop

Anyone know of a class that can consistently beat Great Thief? Even dodge classes seem to be having a hard time vs this class .-.

35% increased hit chance + the massive nuke is really just annoying
AQW  Post #: 219
8/11/2017 12:44:16   
iDreadnaut

Probably BB and other classes with damage reflection+heal.
For BB, you can cast [4] during the match countdown, then, when the match begins, you can either try to stun your enemy with [3] or nuke him with [5].
AQW  Post #: 220
8/11/2017 12:44:39   
Aura Knight

Doesn't shaman/evolved shaman do well against classes that dodge a lot? Would either of those work against great thief? Maybe elemental dracomancer. The 75% damage reduction should be useful and I believe it can be looped if you have the effects of the fifth skill active.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 221
8/11/2017 12:48:44   
Metakirby
Constructive & Helpful!

Shaman, Evo Shaman, BB, what good is a dodge class that can't dodge. If you both use Amulets and you use Shaman/Evo Shaman, you should be able to outsustain him in terms of mana. If non of you use Amulets, you can probably win with all 3 classes fairly consistently. If you choose BB, you should try to avoid auto attacking as much as possible.
AQW  Post #: 222
8/12/2017 11:20:56   
you stop

i've used shaman and evo shaman. so far, only evo shaman has been consistently doing well. shaman just gets killed either way, especially if i get hit by the haste debuff. blaze binder runs out of mana. also for dracomancer, the dodge is trouble

edit: i've been using shaman the wrong way. thanks metakirby :^)

< Message edited by you stop -- 8/12/2017 11:30:57 >
AQW  Post #: 223
8/12/2017 22:40:12   
Grawlix

I've tried it once when I farmed over 300 CT's for Dage initiation and the Sullied Blademaster helm.
It was just a bunch of Great Thief/VHL wrecking everyone who didn't have the class.

Nothing special
AQW  Post #: 224
8/12/2017 22:55:07   
you stop

do you have a solo-ing class? i believe it's faster to go private room then kill all the healers + brawlers then head for the cap
AQW  Post #: 225
Page:   <<   < prev  6 7 8 [9] 10   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> RE: =AQW= PvP Discussion Thread
Page 9 of 10«<678910>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition