Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

[PENDING] Faction Alignment Wins Bug

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Bugs >> [PENDING] Faction Alignment Wins Bug
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/21/2016 17:57:52   
shadow.bane

my faction been in top 3 during all the wars last one and now ! many factions got legion wins but my faction got none like yesterday legion won and still on 0 legion wins while I checked some other faction who got that increased by one.

so is this a bug or intentionally ED hates me and my faction lol ?

Looking into this issue now ~Battle Elf

< Message edited by Battle Elf -- 8/23/2016 11:25:17 >

Bane Hallow The Last Shadow Fiend.
AQW Epic  Post #: 1
6/22/2016 12:23:53   
8x

Could it be possible that none of your members battled during that day? (I'm not exactly sure how they got it set up, but I think that a certain amount of people need to be active for the faction to get a win that day. It could be 1, it could be more, I'm not sure.)

Off topic:
By the way, for some reason, I really like looking at factions. Whenever, I'm in-game and see a faction that I've never seen before, I have to check it out. Could I get a screen shot of yours?
Epic  Post #: 2
6/22/2016 15:01:21   
shadow.bane

^ Um no my faction I told u it was always in top 3 all times last war and this war the other factions got a legion wins mine got none it just don't make any sense. @Lord Machaar can confirm his faction got few last war and this war

Infernal Mines War Leaderboard

Overlord Facility War Leaderboard

And of course here you go Astaroth just made it last war in the infernal mines.

Edit : I can get by any chance a developer to explain me how do legion/exile wins work please?

< Message edited by shadow.bane -- 6/22/2016 15:04:35 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 3
6/22/2016 15:22:55   
8x

The only other thing that I can think off, is that it is a visual glitch. We'll see what happens with your win count once legion gets another win.
Epic  Post #: 4
6/22/2016 16:42:40   
shadow.bane

visual glitch since 2 wars now and only with my faction? another legion faction called Unbeatable Legends which was created 1 day before the war have already 2 legion wins this is the proof

no dev will replay me how this system of "legion/exile wins" work ?

Please don’t double post ~Battle Elf

< Message edited by Battle Elf -- 6/23/2016 20:09:49 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 5
6/25/2016 14:29:42   
Lord Machaar

My faction had 13 legion wins before the war, and it still has 13 legion wins this war despite winning 4 world dominations this war. I'm not sure how you ask for my confirmation and conclude all by yourself.

http://puu.sh/pFKdI/8a4eaecce4.jpg (12th of june, before Overlord Facility war).
http://puu.sh/pFJZl/4033405ef5.png (Today.)

I bet even the devs don't know how this system works. Eitherways, I'm more concerned about World Dominations since they totally depend on you not on a broken system.

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 6/25/2016 14:36:50 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 6
6/25/2016 14:49:58   
  WhiteTiger

Majestic Feline of AQ3D & ED

IIRC, Legion/Exile wins depend on which alignment wins the daily faction war and has nothing to do with the outcome of the regional wars.
AQW Epic  Post #: 7
6/25/2016 14:55:05   
Lord Machaar

^ Well, in this war, Legion had more total influence than Exile in the first 3 days. Hence why Exiles had several war rallies. I think you are reffering to the old system (Infernal/Frysteland wars 1.0).

Legion/Exile wins remain a mystery. We should actually make a contest, whoever solves this puzzle gets something...
MQ Epic  Post #: 8
6/25/2016 15:46:51   
8x

The daily alignment war probably still works as it used to, except there is no way to see how much influence either one of the alignments has in total. There is the top 20 leaderboard, but that doesn't tell the whole story. I'm guessing that exile has a larger amount of tiny factions who contribute small amounts of influence, and that adds up. Even if the Legion top 20 factions have more influence than the Exile top 20, Exile can still win the daily alignment war. (Everyone always says how Exile has more players than the Legion does, so I'll just assume that it's true)

"Puzzle" solved. What do I get?

Edit: Devs should probably consider squeezing this back into the game, so that players can a actually check the total influence. http://epicduelwiki.com/w/File:FactionWar.png

< Message edited by 8x -- 6/25/2016 15:53:19 >
Epic  Post #: 9
6/25/2016 16:20:25   
Optimise

@8x - There is indeed the top 20 leaderboard, and as you say it doesn't tell the whole story. It is true the Exile might possibly have smaller factions that are accumulating lots of influence, and it will not contribute towards the top 20 leaderboard. But it certainly does contribute towards the war as a whole regardless of whether or not they make it to the top 20 leaderboard.

That being said, going by your reasoning of this peculiar feature, the point still stands where Legion were ahead of the Exile for each of the first few days of this war meaning Legion had more influence as a whole - leading to the question asked by the others above. Leaderboards do not tell the whole story, you are correct, as Legion were ahead regardless of whether Exile had smaller factions that weren't displaying on top 20. It could be said that there were factionless Legion players earning influence consequently contributing to the war as a whole, but this doesn't seem too plausible due to recent observation of the current legion playerbase, leaderboard, etc... Not sure why we're even discussing leaderboards because going by your explanation of this feature it really doesn't involve the top 20 leaderboards, but rather total influence earned by the alignments.

Oh by the way, you get nothing (not that you would have gotten anything anyways), the supposed solved "puzzle" has yet to be solved. ;)

< Message edited by Optimise -- 6/25/2016 16:24:53 >
Post #: 10
6/25/2016 16:46:44   
Lord Machaar

@8x:
Your hypothesis would be correct if the influence war bar shows influence of the top 20 factions of each alignment. But as far as I'm concerned, the war bar shows the total influence done by everybody (factionless players, memberless factions, leaderboard factions and mini factions.). With that being said, Legion in the first 3 - 4 days has topped the war earning more total influence than exiles (hence why exiles had war rallies).

The legion/exile wins remain a mystery, who is brave enough to break through the rainforest of broken systems of a game called ED and solve this puzzle.

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 6/25/2016 17:03:18 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 11
6/25/2016 17:16:22   
8x

@Optimise
quote:

Not sure why we're even discussing leaderboards because going by your explanation of this feature it really doesn't involve the top 20 leaderboards, but rather total influence earned by the alignments.

Lord Machaar said that the Legion had more total influence than Exile in the first 3 days. I'm not completely up to date with the war system (I say that, but I'm sure that I know enough), but I assumed that he had come to that conclusion by looking at the top 20 leaderboard (My apologies if I'm missing something). That is the only reason why I even mentioned the top 20 leaderboard.

quote:

Legion were ahead of the Exile for each of the first few days of this war meaning Legion had more influence as a whole

Again, I'm no expert when it comes to the new war system, but I thought that the results of the war would have barely anything to do with the amount of influence which is earned. As far as I know, it can be manipulated by spending varium on bombs and using them. Am I wrong?

I doubt that devs redefined how daily alignment war works when they remade the war system. Therefore, I'm confident in saying it still works exactly as it is described here: http://epicduelwiki.com/w/Faction#tab=Daily_Faction_War

quote:

Oh by the way, you get nothing (not that you would have gotten anything anyways), the supposed solved "puzzle" has yet to be solved. ;)

I get nothing because there is no puzzle here. That is why I put the word "puzzle" in quotation marks when I made the joke. That's right, a joke. ;)

Edit:
@Lord Machaar
I'm logging into ED now to have another look at the war system.

Edit2:
@Lord Machaar
The war bar shows the damage to the core and the damage to the hovercrafts, not the influence. I'd say that means my hypothesis is correct. Unless we are looking at two different war bars?

< Message edited by 8x -- 6/25/2016 17:23:20 >
Epic  Post #: 12
6/25/2016 18:25:14   
Lord Machaar

quote:

The war bar shows the damage to the core and the damage to the hovercrafts, not the influence. I'd say that means my hypothesis is correct. Unless we are looking at two different war bars?

Short and sweet, influence = damage dealt.
I currently have 41.241 influence. http://puu.sh/pFXyQ/29c0653272.jpg
I do a battle, I earn a normal war drop. I use it. It deals 32 damage. http://puu.sh/pFXLE/dcb855c689.jpg
I look at my influence again. I find it 41.273. http://puu.sh/pFXPU/26c2395566.jpg
I do math, 41.273 - 41.241 = 32. We conclude that damage = influence.

The more damage you deal, the more influential you are, quite logical.

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 6/25/2016 18:31:21 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 13
6/25/2016 18:47:51   
8x

Thank you for the explanation. The question that now comes to mind is: Does the influence from the bombs count towards the daily alignment war?
This is a point at which we would need a dev response. Taking into account all the evidence (legion having more damage/influence for a while and not getting legion wins), I am guessing that only the influence from battles seems to be counting towards the daily alignment war.

quote:

The more damage you deal, the more influential you are, quite logical.

The more power you hold, the more influential you are. I wouldn't say the same for dealing damage/creating destruction.

Edit: Battles don't even give influence anymore? Or is it because I won a battle on my faction-less alt? (I don't want to break the inactivity on 8x)

< Message edited by 8x -- 6/25/2016 18:57:29 >
Epic  Post #: 14
6/25/2016 18:51:44   
Optimise

@8x - Okay, fair enough. The bombs purchased with varium are the bombs we still earn via battles, it just gives some people a shortcut and there are also some flaws here and there about purchasing bombs. I see Lord Machaar has provided the explanation about the damage/influence system of the current war process. In other words, the war bar shows the total influence (A.K.A damage) obtained by everyone for each alignment. From battle wins we get bombs (drop chance %), and then we use those bombs to obtain influence.

I'm not entirely sure as to what the page you linked to is trying to explain, we are talking about Legion/Exile Wins here whereas the page you linked explains the process of World Domination - it may not have any sort of relation to what we are talking about at the moment. We all know how World Domination (WD) works, it is given to the daily top faction (influence-wise) of each alignment. For example, if you look at this legion-side war LB for today you will notice The Dead End at first place, meaning they are going to win WD today at reset provided they remain first.

The issue is not with World Domination but rather the definition of Legion/Exile Wins and how it's awarded to factions. Also, you indeed get nothing because there is no puzzle here. That is why I too put the word "puzzle" in quotation marks, there was a slight hint of sarcasm in my sentence of that. That's right, sarcasm. ;)

EDIT: Hmm, I see you posted already. I was writing this post in response to your previous reply. Anyhow I do believe we require some sort of official clarification from the developers, and as mentioned in my first paragraph above - bombs are obtained from wins. We do not earn direct influence from wins anymore like the old system.

< Message edited by Optimise -- 6/25/2016 18:56:43 >
Post #: 15
6/25/2016 19:08:44   
8x

I'll explain the Legion/Exile wins. If you look at the page I linked, you will see an image. The middle cake graph shows the total Legion and total Exile influence. All factions from the alignment that had the higher portion of the cake graph would get a/an Legion/Exile win for that day. If my assumption that the alignment daily wars were unchanged is true, it would mean that it still works as it used to. And since I believe it indeed was unchanged, it would also mean that it only counts the influence earned from battles (wins) and not the influence from bombs. (now testing if battles even give influence anymore, on my alt that is in a faction)

Edit: Battles don't seem to give influence anymore? I give up. There goes 781 days of inactivity down the drain... lol

< Message edited by 8x -- 6/25/2016 19:26:30 >
Epic  Post #: 16
6/25/2016 19:18:26   
Optimise

@8x - I understand what the cake graph is trying to show and how you are trying to fit in Legion/Exile wins. The text in the page above the image implies otherwise, and does not speak of Legion or Exile wins. If what you are describing (still) exists, then why did the developers remove the chart. Also, if you have read my post I mentioned that wins do not give direct influence anymore, but rather provide you with bombs:

quote:

Optimise:

Okay, fair enough. The bombs purchased with varium are the bombs we still earn via battles, it just gives some people a shortcut and there are also some flaws here and there about purchasing bombs. I see Lord Machaar has provided the explanation about the damage/influence system of the current war process. In other words, the war bar shows the total influence (A.K.A damage) obtained by everyone for each alignment. From battle wins we get bombs (drop chance %), and then we use those bombs to obtain influence.

EDIT: Hmm, I see you posted already. I was writing this post in response to your previous reply. Anyhow I do believe we require some sort of official clarification from the developers, and as mentioned in my first paragraph above - bombs are obtained from wins. We do not earn direct influence from wins anymore like the old system.

EDIT: I warned you. There goes that 781 days of inactivity. Good luck on reaching 781 days again, lol. ;)

< Message edited by Optimise -- 6/25/2016 19:36:00 >
Post #: 17
6/25/2016 19:40:38   
8x

One last post. This is purely hypothetical, again, if my assumption about the alignment wars not having been changed at all is correct. Lets say, the alignment wars are still running somewhere in the background, they would count a 1vs1 win from a player with a faction as +5 influence for that factions alignment. Hypothetically, the alignment daily wars could be awarding Exile/Legion wins to the alignment with most wins (1vs1=5 inf, 2vs2 and jugg=15 inf).

^As I was writing this, I thought of another crazy theory, but I should just stop and go to bed. Lets hope we get a dev response.

quote:

EDIT: I warned you. There goes that 781 days of inactivity. Good luck on reaching 781 days again, lol. ;)

Meh, it was just my favorite alt. 8x is still on a roll with those 781 days of inactivity. Lazy guy... xD

< Message edited by 8x -- 6/25/2016 19:42:35 >
Epic  Post #: 18
6/25/2016 19:49:54   
Optimise

@8x - I was discussing that with someone earlier today, it could possibly be running invisibly in the background. You mention that it could be running with the old influence system in place, but I was thinking vice versa that it may be running with the current influence system in place (bombs and whatnot). But we really cannot tell because unlike the old days we do not have a chart anymore that tells us the total influence earned by both alignments, so we really do not have a basis to support this particular theory.

I think it's time we stop with these theories for now as we will be speculating all day and are clearly not reaching a conclusion. Let's hope someone from the team arrives with an apt answer.

< Message edited by Optimise -- 6/25/2016 19:50:33 >
Post #: 19
6/25/2016 19:59:39   
8x

The reason why I think it's working with the old influence system, is because you would have gotten legion wins during those first few days when Legion had more influence. As proven by Lord Machaar, the war bar does seem to actually show the total influence of both alignments (influence from the new war system).

On a side note, I wonder how many of things listed here still give influence and if they might be affecting the Legion/Exile wins. http://epicduelwiki.com/w/Influence
Epic  Post #: 20
6/25/2016 21:19:14   
Optimise

@8x - I concur; but the issue of us not receiving legion wins during the first few days could possibly be a bug. The old influence system being in place (even if it's behind the scenes - invisibly in work) doesn't seem to plausible as I believe most of the influence system was reworked and re-coded, or at least we (or I) were given the impression of such. I would ask them to review the war and influence system as there are clearly some questions and inconsistencies here and there, as reported by nowras here.

As for the list; all I can accurately say is wins no longer give influence, and am however not too sure on the faction influence rewards in that list (such as WD giving 2.5K influence, etc..) as many things have changed over the years where I were sporadically inactive through out ever since early Omega. I guess we might as well just wait for them to respond about this and properly explain the whole influence system including updated info for the list you have linked as we simply cannot reach a credible conclusion about this.

< Message edited by Optimise -- 6/25/2016 21:32:30 >

Just because you're both but neither doesn't mean you're none
Post #: 21
6/26/2016 2:24:30   
  WhiteTiger

Majestic Feline of AQ3D & ED

I ran a test of this on the testing server and I can confirm that neither alignment in my test received a Legion/Exile win. Can anyone confirm that there is an alignment on the live servers that is getting a win recorded? If not, then this was something that was removed along with the daily faction war that 8x described.
AQW Epic  Post #: 22
6/26/2016 4:17:36   
8x

New war system started in March of 2014. Here I have an image from February of 2015 and January of 2016. The number of Exile wins has changed, which would lead me to believe that the alignment wins are still in affect. As far as I remember there were a few changes made to the war system (When the new cycle started, I think?). I know that the prices of bombs increased, but I don't know if anything else was changed. It is possible that alignment wins could have been disabled at that time. New cycle started in February of 2016, which is after my second screenshot was taken (SFU is still at the same number of exile wins as in that screenshot, although we are not very active and might not be the best example).

< Message edited by 8x -- 6/26/2016 4:21:00 >
Epic  Post #: 23
6/26/2016 9:41:13   
Optimise

@WhiteTiger - I was foreseeing that it may come down to this so I took a screenshot of a faction yesterday, and just been online now to take another. To answer your question, yes, Legion/Exile Wins are still being registered; here are the screenshots: [yesterday - 25/06/2016] and [today - 26/06/2016]

There is also this faction which is said to be created right before the current war, and also it's first war participation - currently showing 2 Legion Wins.

EDIT: I have been wondering ever since you posted; how exactly did you run the supposed test? If you have read the posts in this thread we are somewhat clueless on how this Legion/Exile wins procedure works. The aforementioned linked images show that the Legion/Exile wins system is supposedly still in place; meaning the test you have ran probably hasn't been carried out the right way. The reason being is we simply and evidently do not know how it works. One cannot run a test on something without knowledge of the test subject especially about how it works, you could say we do not have a proper foundation to run a experiment/test on, we could be inanely going around in circles until we actually receive some official word on it.

< Message edited by Optimise -- 6/26/2016 15:55:22 >
Post #: 24
6/26/2016 15:48:08   
Lord Machaar

@WhiteTiger:
As Optimise provided, there are still some factions who receive exile/legion wins.

I hope MechaMario has helped in said test, as some say he's still on a holiday, some others say he is Rabblefroth in disguise, while some others say he is the STIG.
MQ Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Bugs >> [PENDING] Faction Alignment Wins Bug
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition