Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Design Notes July 29: A Hard Goodbye

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: Design Notes July 29: A Hard Goodbye
Page 2 of 6«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/29/2016 16:00:12   
Chaoshaper

Wow, out of all the things i expected to happen today this wasn't one of them. Regardless, everyone needs to move on with their lives eventually, so good luck with the new job, we will never forget you, you glorious sedimentary construct <3
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 26
7/29/2016 16:05:23   
TheFarReach

We still have at least one thing to remember her by: all the sagas and stories she's masterfully told. And let us not forget, the most powerful pet in game.

< Message edited by TheFarReach -- 7/29/2016 16:06:07 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 27
7/29/2016 16:07:04   
Baron Dante

quote:

AYYY LouisCyphere is right! A statue made of stone for Geo in Falconreach would be awesome.

You might not be aware, but such a thing IS there.

I can't really be saddened by this turn of events. Sure, it's a loss for Dragonfable itself, at least for the time being (Geo's writing is rock-solid, after all), but at the same time, I think it's a great opportunity to Geo to do new things.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 28
7/29/2016 16:09:29   
D00MS

@bd i thought the geo temp pet was removed

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 29
7/29/2016 16:12:04   
Voodoo Master

Nothing lasts forever, but for some reason I never thought this day would come. I am at a loss for words.

Geo, you're one of the staff members who contributed most to DF throughout the years. You've written hundreds of quests, including most of the storylines in the last two books. In your writing you always paid attention to details, built upon previous stories, yet also expanded the lore of the world with each new quest.

This great storytelling brought life to the world of Lore and created many exciting and memorable moments. You also helped make the game more mature as it became clear that the playerbase was getting older and wanted more suitable content.

You've been the beating heart of DragonFable for so long that it's hard to remember that things used to be run by anyone else, or imagine how things will be now that you've left.

From the bottom of my heart, thank you Geopetal, for everything. I'll miss you, but I also wish you the best of luck in your new company. I hope your new job is everything you want it to be!
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 30
7/29/2016 16:17:56   
Arthur
How We Roll Winner
Dec14

@solomi, that was a really stupid mistake right there.

I also just noticed that the title is a pun in itself. *sigh*
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 31
7/29/2016 16:23:34   
LouisCyphere

quote:

You might not be aware, but such a thing IS there.
Are you referring to the geo pebble? I'm thinking of the one(similar to the one in the poster in the DN) hidden behind the bridge.

Every staff of the DF team contributes to the game. And Geo is the one that really puts Fable in DragonFable. Amazing story writing!

Gneiss Nice meeting you Geo We'll keep holding on these sediments sentiments.

< Message edited by LouisCyphere -- 7/29/2016 16:29:40 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 32
7/29/2016 16:25:31   
Question Mark?

I've loved the work you've done for the game, and it's brought me a lot of happiness over the years! I'm glad you've gotten the opportunity to move on to bigger and better things, and I wish you all the luck in the world!! :)
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 33
7/29/2016 16:42:39   
Wolfofdoom3

Well I will admit that this was unexpected and I'm kinda sad.I wish you good luck.
Post #: 34
7/29/2016 16:55:12   
Sneevillord

Wow. Geo...
Thank you so much for your time at AE. Nine years of work and you have so many loyal fans, and have left such a good legacy in the game that you will be remembered by everyone here. You helped me personally before and I'll always be incredibly grateful for that. The project you are going on to is generous and kind and no one can fault you for doing such a great thing. I hope you enjoy your new work as much as I have enjoyed playing the work you dedicated yourself to superbly.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 35
7/29/2016 16:57:18   
DFT321

It's sad to think that I will not see the rock avatar at the design notes anymore...

Geo, you helped to make DragonFable GREAT! Thank you!

I wish you all the luck in your new adventures!

You rock! :D
AQW  Post #: 36
7/29/2016 17:03:15   
Veya

I... I wasn't expecting this.

I am really happy for you, Geo... but at the same time, it feels so sad for you to go, even if it is for the best.

*sniff*

I might... actually cry, it's not there yet but resistence is failing rapidly...
AQW  Post #: 37
7/29/2016 17:06:16   
Dornalca

I'm sorry to see you go, Geo.
DF  Post #: 38
7/29/2016 17:20:51   
Yozefu

Thank you so much Geo... for everything. I wish you the best.
AQ DF  Post #: 39
7/29/2016 17:40:58   
raiogam

good bye and your could work of volunteer work ever welcome
Post #: 40
7/29/2016 17:45:56   
Meloette Wells

Thank you for your excellence service, Geopetal
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 41
7/29/2016 17:58:55   
xelessarx

Geo :( That hit me hard!

I will miss you and your great stories on DF but I hope that you will be happy wherever you are ^^ Maybe you can continue your adventure on DF as a player :3

Post #: 42
7/29/2016 18:10:04   
Mordred

Mmmm, really sad to see you go, geo. You were responsible for some of my favorite stories of DF, such as the Ice Orb saga, the Water Orb saga, The Final 13th, and Blood and Fangs.

However, it's good to see you moving to something you clearly care about, and help others achieve their own goals for the industry. I'm wishing you the best in all your endeavors as a teacher.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 43
7/29/2016 18:13:24   
Sathrut

Thank you Geo, for everything.

Dragonfable will always have a special place in my heart, because of the love, energy and passion that you (and other staff members and volunteers) have poured into this game. I'll miss you, but I also wish you luck in your new adventure.
AQ DF  Post #: 44
7/29/2016 18:15:18   
  Alina
Battleon Sorceress

Geopetal is one of the most passionate game designers I know, and one of the best story tellers. I have so much respect for her and her skill, and I know she is going to ROCK (pun intended) her new role with as much awesomeness as she showed for her ten years here at Artix.
I was honored to have worked for, then alongside, her these many years.

But we are also really fortunate to have both Verlyrus and Tomix to step into her shoes! I've been talking with them both over the last two weeks as they transition into their new roles, and I know that they'll continue to bring all the DF players incredible releases. (After all, they had geopetal to learn from!)
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 45
7/29/2016 18:18:28   
Grandpa Oz
How We Roll Winner
Nov14

Well, goodbye and good luck :) I loved your writing, and I hope the game will be able to maintain the quality from now on.
DF AQW  Post #: 46
7/29/2016 18:20:32   
Onyx Darkmatter

Well, at least you're leaving AE for an opportunity, which is great to hear.
You'll be missed.

AQ DF MQ  Post #: 47
7/29/2016 18:21:29   
Ninjaty

While not all exits have to be a bad thing, you Geopetal, is one of the saddest ones to see go. Your many contributions to the game shall not be forgotten. Best of luck with your future endeavours.

< Message edited by Ninjaty -- 7/29/2016 18:27:21 >
Post #: 48
7/29/2016 18:26:30   
Death snake1

Geo, i truly enjoyed the work that you gave us, the beaty and the effort that you helped make possible.I wish you the best at your new job, and I hope that you bring smiles to just as many, if not even more people in the future with what work you do there! Take care, and know that you are both loved and missed!

AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 49
7/29/2016 18:35:56   
shadow dragon666

Another one is leaving us. It is a sweet but sour day, from all the old players out there I and on behalf of them who are no longer around on the forums wish you the best in your new path, continue your noble quest. That and all the mini Geo's we all have in our yards shall bring us protection.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: Design Notes July 29: A Hard Goodbye
Page 2 of 6«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition