Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Dragon Crystal Value Discussion

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest 3D] >> AdventureQuest 3D General Discussion >> Dragon Crystal Value Discussion
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/2/2016 5:31:49   
megakyle777

Okay, first of all, this could easily turn into a highly volatile topic. So you know, show respect and the like.

Okay, so I have rather a lot of concern on the topic of Dragon Crystals, value and the like. First of all here is my story:

I got 17,500 DC because I backed the kickstarter. But a combination of hard level, low drop rates, and not being able to get craft items by a apporpriate time, means I have spent some of it. I now have 12,500 DC. Half of it went to temp XP boosts because the current leveling curve is insane, and the other half went to getting items instantly since the crafting system would mean the items I crafted were always weaker then I needed to be when the timer ran out. Items which at the end of the day would get replaced a few levels later anyway. So in the end, all I have to show from my time playing and paying is a few levels.

This is a concern of mine as you can imagine. I dont want my DC's back. I made my choice. But I want others to get the most bang for their buck. To have something to show for supporting this game. And right now, it's possible to spend 5000 DC on bassicaly jack all.

Another thing I would like to mention, that when thought about lookss REALLY bad for AE. So remember how a lot of us in Pre Beta farmed for Deathly Zed and Brutal Helm? Really tedious. These got nerfed into the ground and renamed. Now personally, I think this a good thing in the long run, (although I deleted mine in disgust before I thought of this rip me) since when Item Fusion comes out you can turn your Harmless Zed or Paper Horn into a beast and it will be rarer then Deathly Zed or Brutal Horn. That's not the bad part. No the bad part is a 1-2 day wait to get the REAL ones, the higest time to wait in the game, even higher then 4 hour nightlocke wait, or pay 500 DC, the second highest payment in the game. It LOOKS bad, like AE were activly spitting on all that work done in the name of money. Although I know that was not the intent.

Now, I know a lot of these issues will be solved with the new patch coming soon. Microtransactions will be less because things like Brutal Horn will need to be earned, and some items can be earned by quests so you will always have a good set and therefore don't NEED to splash out on the cash.

But I made this becase I want people to avoid making the same mistakes I did, and to ask people about value for money So, you know, avoid my mistakes. And I want you to talk among yourselves too.

Also, keep in mind this: AE NEEDS TO MAKE MONEY! It's all well and good saying AE should get rid of the timers for example, but they need a steady source of revnue for this game or there will BE no game. So keep this in mind before posting.

I will say this though: 100 DC to refill all 20 keys and only making it a option when all keys are used? That is nice.

< Message edited by megakyle777 -- 8/2/2016 9:20:08 >
DF  Post #: 1
8/2/2016 8:38:58   
RKC

Lol how can people spend Dragon Crystals early in the game? Ill spend them if it was a test and they will give back the crystals but at this stage using this is kinda pointless and wasteful.

Anyhow Yes as this is a F2P game and AE has been doing this for along time. They will somehow or someway use dragon crystals for shortcuts and stuff like that. The only time that Dragon crystals will be balance is when this game turns ether Buy2Play or monthly subscription. being F2P is not really free there will always be a trade off because how the heck will the game earn money if you guys keep complaining that Dragon crystals shouldn't be used like this and that. We have to accept that crystal will always be there for convenience, as long as the crystals are used for that and for cosmetics its fine, but the moment crystals are used for advantages that are downright is someway a cheat then yes it will be bad.
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 2
8/4/2016 4:00:39   
Shiny_Underpants

The DCs are currently used in place of the core gameplay. You have either slow, tedious, inefficient crafting, that takes hours, or DCs.
There was a game called "the Smurfs Village", and its core gameplay revolved around constantly purchasing, to avoid tedious and very time consuming core gameplay.
Well, that game was a total scam, and there were court cases about the amounts of money people inadvertently lost when their kids bought 'smurfberries'.

Even ignoring the sheer scale of scami-ness, the gameplay was awful, and absolutely what we need to avoid here. It's like farmville, but worse.

DF's system makes more sense, to be quite honest. People will spend more money when they're assured that something will last, and be worthwhile. Basic Product Design and Manufacturing.
You aren't going to pay nearly as much for a plastic bag as you are for a backpack.

If whatever you spend your money on evaporates in a month, it's not really worthwhile.
If you keep it forever, it's more worthwhile.

I recommend that the in-game value of DC items be raised. Allow scalable items, items with great aesthetic and stats. You want your customers to say
"I bought this helm, it's lasted ten levels and I still use it. It looks great, I would recommend you buy it if you have the money."
As opposed to:
"Don't bother with DCs. They're worthless— everything you spend them is rendered functionally and aesthetically obselete within a month."
The former is free advertising; the latter is active discouragement

They should really go towards unique items and gear, and unique classes. An investment that pays off in gameplay somehow, not an investment that enables gameplay.
You want your p(l)ayers to feel as though they've made a purchase that has some value for money.

The free gameplay needs to be good; free players who like your game are also free advertisers. Likewise with active discouragement; you want to make your game fun.
Post #: 3
8/11/2016 2:18:28   
Ninjaty

I have two suggestions that might make spending DCs a more beneficial choice, as opposed to simply speeding up a timer. The first idea is one that Shiny_Underpants already thought of as well, with the second one being a bit more original, yet still inspired from AE:

Scalable DC items
Since the game for some reason assumes that you level up several times during each map (depsite the fact that the XP curve makes that impossible without wasting a lot of on farming), any DC items you would eventually spend your money on would become useless after the current map anyway, or maybe after the next one, depending on how strong it is. In order to avoid this serious issue, I say that all items purchased with DC should scale to be something like 3 or 4 power levels above yours. Since the game assumes you level up so much between adjacent maps, a DC purchase shouln't become irrelavent just because you go to the next area, which is why I suggest scaling instead of simply giving them an initial boost depending on their level in the shop.

So for instance, I purchase a DC weapon at level 2; fine, now it is level 5 in terms of power (so all it's values have increased to reflect this). When I level up to 3, my item now increases to power level 6, so again it's values goes up to reflect it's new power level, and so on.

"Permanent" character stat boosts
Another idea I have is something that would require it's own "inventory" (similar to classes) and be permanent (well, unless you sell them): Boosts you can purchase for DCs, instead of even having DC equipment in the game. These boosts would give you some stats each (maybe not even a lot), but the game would read through all the ones you have on you, and then apply their combined stats to you, as long as they remain in your inventory. What I imagine here is that there are different kinds of boosts, which each increases only select stats that the others don't, which could be divided into Warrior, Mage and Rogue boosts respectively. For instance, if Warrior increases Attack, then none of the others will be using that.

There will of course need to be some restrictions in place, but I think the idea of investing in things that could boost your character without having to equip them, could be an ideal way of investment possibility for DC. Even if you purchased a weaker boost at level 3 and are now level 10, you still get that little bit of extra stats, which could be enough to turn the battle in your favor. Or maybe the stats on these boosts would be scaling (just not nearly as much as the DC items would), and so become a little bit stronger per your level. This way, the spending aspect would not come from eventually upgrading your boosts, but rather from just buying more of them. My initial thoughts on this include capping the amount of boosts you can have to your level; so a level 3 player can have up to 3 boosts of any type, where a level 10 player can have 10 boosts.

With the boosts existing outside of your equip slots, you are still able to use all the possible items you can find to make yourself stronger, so you don't sacrifice anything (other than your DC) to obtain them. One could even imagine boosts being used as extremely low drop rate loot as well, but for now I consider the idea to be a DC exclusive. This idea was inspired by OverSoul's stackable X-Boosts, which you could purchase more copies of, and would increase your total XP gained by 10% each.

< Message edited by Ninjaty -- 8/11/2016 4:14:29 >
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest 3D] >> AdventureQuest 3D General Discussion >> Dragon Crystal Value Discussion
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition