Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Before you update your game...

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AE Mobile Game Apps] >> BioBeasts >> Before you update your game...
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/7/2016 1:35:15   
Dual Thrusters

Make sure you buy and upgrade all the mutations that you need. In this update, mutations and their upgrades can only be acquired via loot crates, which are completely random. It will be pretty tedious to try and get the rare+ mutations that you want, so keep that in mind.

Oh, and make sure you don't buy Mantis until you update, because they reduced the cost to 5,000 biobits which is pretty neat.

MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
8/7/2016 12:06:54   
Shadowhunt

I would note that we're currently testing a system where the crates are still present but you can also pay a premium in BioBits to unlock and upgrade mutations. Progress made via crates will discount the cost of upgrading a mutation, all the way up to free if you acquire full progress on the mutation, but you'll still be able to use BioBits to upgrade before then if you so choose.
AQ AQW  Post #: 2
8/13/2016 16:09:44   
ChaosRipjaw
How We Roll Winner
Jun15

Wait . . . so when you update, you will no longer be able to manually upgrade mutations through the shop anymore!? Noooooooooooo

Since that's the case, BioBits would then be used only for opening crates? That kinda sucks . . .
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 3
8/13/2016 16:43:47   
Shadowhunt

No. The crates will allow you to get DNA things that go towards leveling up a particular mutation. Each level up requires a certain number of the DNA units, and if you've got enough, it'll be a free level up. Alternately, you can use BioBits to pay off the difference, with the different tiers costing different amounts. What you pay depends on how many DNA units you need to get to the next level. So basically, the crates make it cheaper to level up and unlock mutations, but they're not the only way to do it. That said, it is more expensive to upgrade with BioBits, so you need to decide how much you want to rely on RNG to decrease the cost of an upgrade.
AQ AQW  Post #: 4
8/17/2016 19:12:46   
Dual Thrusters

This is much better than before :)
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 5
8/19/2016 23:26:29   
Lord Machaar

quote:

That said, it is more expensive to upgrade with BioBits, so you need to decide how much you want to rely on RNG to decrease the cost of an upgrade.

It is not an option to decide whether to rely on RNG or not to decrease the cost of an upgrade, or unlock an upgrade. It is a necessity now to rely on the crate system to help unlock any mutation you want. Some mutations' costs are now 4 times more costy. The costs to upgrade mutations have increased, but ways to earn Biobits haven't. Sure by implementing start up mutations/skins that you can pick would indirectly make your scores better, hence the Biobits you win, but that remains an indirect outcome.

Steel crates are the main reason that make me say the crate system is obligatory but also useless on the same time. It is obligatory because costs of upgrades have increased like crazy without improving the ways to earn more Biobits, since Biobits is the only currency that allows you to progress in the game the way you want. Although it is useless thanks to the steel crates that unlock common mutations, and on top of that not the common mutations you want, but the common mutations RNG chooses, and on top of top on top of that, is the time to unlock each steel crate (8 hours) compared to the time you can collect 10 batteries in and also the benefits you get from waiting for 10 hours.

This heavily implies that you have to pay to progress in the game faster. Quantum, Radiocative or Elite crate, you name it, want a skin? You either buy one of these or farm Biobits for hours to unlock a skin that costs 30k Biobits, that's without mentioning the hundreds of thousands of Biobits you will have to spend to upgrade necessary mutations to progress in the game.

So basically we are no longer looking at a game that you can pass time with while you get the best out of it and live the full experience. We are now looking at a game where you'd have to spend tons of time/money in order to enjoy it.

I talked about more points in my other post.

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 8/19/2016 23:29:29 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 6
8/20/2016 9:22:37   
ChaosRipjaw
How We Roll Winner
Jun15

So I was right to stay my hand before saying "This is much better than before." I was more hoping that the crates were only another way to get mutations and so forth, just to increase variety in the game.

Well, in that case, the next time I open BioBeasts I'll just have to hope that it doesn't automatically update.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AE Mobile Game Apps] >> BioBeasts >> Before you update your game...
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition