Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AQ3D= Design Notes September 10th, 2016: ANNOUNCEMENT! Open Beta Launch in October

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest 3D] >> AdventureQuest 3D General Discussion >> RE: =AQ3D= Design Notes September 10th, 2016: ANNOUNCEMENT! Open Beta Launch in October
Page 2 of 2<12
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/17/2016 12:09:36   
orc orc orc

@above Well, I never really said the combat can't be good. It can. Even if it uses a simple 4-skill system, that doesn't mean it can't be in-depth. Like you said, it's certainly something that can be improved on. Right now, many players, myself included, find it rather rigid and repetitive.
I've been largely negative about combat, but I'll have to say the classes are fairly balanced. Each class has their own uses which do come in play in many situations.
I feel that combat is bare-bones right now but it can be fleshed out to something that's exciting.

I'm slightly relieved that they're rebalancing the game. The difficulty flow and the crafting system are among the things that make Closed Beta an unsatisfactory experience for me. If they can make the game less tedious and more rewarding, that would be a step forward from Closed Beta.
Post #: 26
10/18/2016 4:52:38   
megakyle777

So I did not see any posts on this yet but the AQ3D site has been updated, with a beginners guide, A Community page (THAT DOES NOT HAVE THE FOURMS ON IT WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU GUYS CORRECT THAT NOW IF YOU SEE THIS PLEASE DX ) and other goodies. Take a look!

< Message edited by megakyle777 -- 10/18/2016 4:53:24 >
DF  Post #: 27
10/19/2016 14:07:18   
LyRein

did anyone else cringe when they saw the trailer and the part where the flaming skull guy says "within you all is an Undead"

like that doesn't make sense.
why is he in Legion colours and why is he talking about Undead as if they are a.. thing..?

pretty sure, even in game canon, Undead aren't a race, they're literally dead things walking and people refer to them as Undead because they are Undying, not because that's what you call skeletons lmao

does anyone else understand what i'm trying to say lol

couple this with the generic introduction arc and lack of direction..

if this is the writing level we'll be expecting from now on, i'm quite disappointed, they said this game will be more serious when it comes to storytelling (which includes taking the worldbuilding, character depth/personalities and dialogue in to consideration) and it seems like AE might be going down the exact opposite path they promised to go on.

< Message edited by LyRein -- 10/19/2016 14:14:14 >
Post #: 28
10/19/2016 15:15:57   
ShadowMoon

@lyrein this comic might explain it better for you
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 29
10/19/2016 16:14:08   
LyRein

@ShadowMoon

still don't get the line "there is an Undead in each of you"

i get that you know, everyone has a skeleton but for real, that was a cringey line
Post #: 30
10/19/2016 20:22:09   
*Nova*

I still can't get pass the constant breaking of the fourth wall.
DF MQ  Post #: 31
10/19/2016 20:31:59   
Death

So, can I play this game on my mobile phone yet? Or is that still in testing phase?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 32
10/19/2016 20:54:55   
*Nova*

Game feels the same. They've done nothing new. Drops are a bit too easy now like there's a balance between too easy and too hard, AE... find it. Combat is a joke. I'm not in the mood to repeat myself about all the clogginess of it. I'm not seeing anything different here, and I have no idea what they've done in the past few months. Yeah, they're making Mogloween... k, cool. But the disgusting combat will continue to make everything worse and lackluster. The bad combat will keep coming back until they choose to improve it, if they ever.

As a sidenote, there's no music, AE... You've actually made your game's immersion worse. And the well-known stuck in-combat bug is still there. Did they fix anything at all?

< Message edited by *Nova* -- 10/20/2016 10:31:49 >
DF MQ  Post #: 33
10/19/2016 22:55:55   
megakyle777

Nova:
quote:

Congratulations friends! ...and sincerely, thank you for being a part of this special day. Today, everyone can finally log in and join us as we continue building AdventureQuest 3D. And holy smokes do we have a lot to do.! We have been carefully listening to player feedback and have already planning how we can implement features like key binds, the PC-specific interface, more depth to classes and combat, and the other things you want to see happen in the game as quickly as possible.

It's happening. Just not yet. Agree on the music though.
DF  Post #: 34
10/20/2016 10:27:54   
*Nova*

Four skills to a class is best depth this game can provide. If there's any major improvement that needs to be done for combat, it should have been done already, instead they are focused on mogloween and breaking every fourth wall they can reach. They just aren't prioritizing a good impression for the launch of their open beta. They also boasted about how much they had improved the game before yesterday's launch, and yet I log in to see every aspect and bug still the same.

< Message edited by *Nova* -- 10/20/2016 10:30:38 >
DF MQ  Post #: 35
10/20/2016 10:55:21   
orc orc orc

Well, I have to say the RNG fest from closed Beta is mostly gone. That's a good thing. While it does make some drops too easy, that can be managed without adding RNG back, like monster balance. Personally, I am okay with the drops being easy in the early zones. It should be the later areas which should pose a challenge.
The dungeons and crafting system also feel more manageable. While they're not perfect, they're a decent base to work on. No matter how imbalanced they are or not, they're somewhat heading to the right direction. Crafting gear is becoming more fair and reward a player's efforts than luck. RNG should not be compulsory to get necessary equipment.

Besides content and making, there's not many improvements from Closed Beta. Combat is literally the same, no changes at all. The game feels too stale to play at times. There's no joy in beating down mobs. I'm glad that they're considering developing it. But like I stressed before, such developments should've been done in Alpha.

I don't have much time to play these days, so I may not have seen the full picture of Open Beta yet. Personally, I woukdve preferred if they didn't launch the game this early but oh all, what's done is done
Post #: 36
10/20/2016 11:14:03   
LyRein

i'm afraid this will end up like AQW in terms of combat

the mobs have no unique animations or abilities
the player has 4 skills only (this alone is bad) and which don't even give us any special combos or triggers
AFAIK they plan on making the classes buyable first then part of gameplay (as in, you get it with quests or farming AFTER they give you the currency option) which totally destroys any effort to get a new gameplay experience

they'll probably work on the cosmetic parts first (music, ambiance, clothing) then the story (which I'm betting is going to end up like AQW as-well, even though AQ3D IS NOT A MERGE OF THE 3 TIMELINES THEREFORE CERTAIN THINGS CAN'T BE CANON, AE) and then the gameplay

and it's open beta which means chances of any new improvements just became 1%
Post #: 37
10/20/2016 14:34:47   
ShadowMoon

quote:

@ShadowMoon

still don't get the line "there is an Undead in each of you"

i get that you know, everyone has a skeleton but for real, that was a cringey line

well, we are only one mad cow virus away from being zombies.
or one game addiction away....
can't get the BLoD in a month without being partly undead by the time you get it
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 38
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest 3D] >> AdventureQuest 3D General Discussion >> RE: =AQ3D= Design Notes September 10th, 2016: ANNOUNCEMENT! Open Beta Launch in October
Page 2 of 2<12
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition