Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Is MechQuest being updated?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [MechQuest] >> MechQuest General Discussion >> RE: Is MechQuest being updated?
Page 2 of 3<123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/25/2016 23:35:32   
Roxas45

Hmmm.. Question. Regarding the bringing people back to MQ.
IS there an updated sequence of events that players have to complete before reaching the current latest quest line? Beyond the Reset I mean.

Ah... Are there any new storylines which people want? new and/or incomplete?
and by people I mean, the MQ team. Was there ever any issue regarding an incomplete storyline or an idea which never fully came to fruition?
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 26
11/28/2016 11:48:39   
PhoenixN7

I don't think a Mechquest 2 will happen with AQ3D now happening.
DF AQW  Post #: 27
11/30/2016 20:23:46   
VoidCorrupts

I wish the game would receive at least 1 more update... I am shocked the game went from new content every WEEK to a complete grinding halt.
Post #: 28
12/1/2016 8:45:48   
Roxas45

Well, popularity shifted from MQ to DF to AQW to AQ3D

Ah... Wish some of the old people came back, like Artix and Warlic and all..
Ash, being missed the most.

Wonder if theres an exchange program or something? For the workforce getting divided among all the games.
or wishing for one.

Even with all the updates everywhere, MQ remains my favourite game till now
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 29
12/4/2016 1:29:54   
sudz16

At the very least it would be nice if they gave it a final update to make all previous holiday events playable, possibly some of the old rare events too.

Maybe just maybe bring back some/as many as possible of the rare shops and cut the gold prices just for anyone left to toy around with
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 30
12/4/2016 12:58:22   
VoidCorrupts

It would be pretty awesome if they brought back Flavescent Friday and put some iconic mechas inside.
Post #: 31
12/9/2016 17:36:59   
PhoenixN7

quote:

I wish the game would receive at least 1 more update... I am shocked the game went from new content every WEEK to a complete grinding halt.

The main story ended, staff left the game and it wasn't really the most popular of AE games. It has always been AQW, AQ/DF and then MQ.
DF AQW  Post #: 32
12/13/2016 10:23:59   
VoidCorrupts

quote:

The main story ended, staff left the game and it wasn't really the most popular of AE games. It has always been AQW, AQ/DF and then MQ.

It probably was in it's early youth but due to being understaffed the game has been tossed aside. It happened with Epic Duel along with many other games such as Hero Smash.
Post #: 33
12/16/2016 15:55:10   
PhoenixN7

quote:

It probably was in it's early youth

Mechquest was nowhere near Early Youth. It's one of the older AE games as it was created before AQW and that is nearly 9 years old.
DF AQW  Post #: 34
12/16/2016 22:54:57   
Roxas45

Also, in my frank opinion, the best AE Game. (It has Mechs!!)

Ah... I really really really need a revival for this game :/
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 35
12/17/2016 16:54:51   
qubattle

I would support a MQ revive, or Mechquest 2. I loved this game and everything in it. The best thing would be just a Mechquest 2. It would be too much of a rocky start and started to do a what if situation where what if the universe was not destroyed and we won against the Shadowscyte and make it another alternative universe. You could start this as a who separate universe to this one that would at least could keep it going.

You could do a prequel to mechquest to see how all of this came to be. I think a lot of the community could help with the story to figure it out. As long as you had a engaging story you could keep it going and yes I know part of the reason why this game died because the universe changed to dragonfable but still. Yes MQ had it problems but still it will always be my favorite game out of them all.
AQ  Post #: 36
12/19/2016 2:51:00   
LurkBlackSmith

All I see something being updated would probably be just design notes that's actually just concept art of random design parts turned with a frontal view and tweaked later by us on the forums. Taking cue from the design note about Safiria's body dissembling before that release from DF.

One artist that's kinda free posting up randomly big to tiny latest design parts of art that was made for the other games including the other artists stuff,not backgrounds. So basically random, "deconstruction and fuse" being a design note. Make it looks almost mechanized by using angles. So just like Zorbak's create-a-skeleton spell from the original AQ.

In one way, it'll look like it was bored deconstruction,except with how many combinations now? Also kinda like from the deciphering series from the past in the forums. So like the staff from the other games, mainly who's free usual saying: hot,cold,getting warmer,etc.

Since with it may become whatever gets chosen to branch off that design.Which number circles and..."debates" of whether it'll be arms,legs,torso,head,to the shoulders weapons. Any chains from this chart seems feasible to be standalone again, then turned bigger by connecting to another again. While also looking if any outline is already copyrighted from games besides AE's.

All of this currently reminds me about some things from Yu-Gi-Oh's 5D,Tron, Pokemon OR&AS, D&P&P with them three main legendary pokemons with special event ones.

Basically a art dump into how to become a mecha blueprint sketch.

< Message edited by LurkBlackSmith -- 12/21/2016 20:08:43 >
DF  Post #: 37
12/26/2016 22:37:35   
Plank

I would honestly love to see one final update to MechQuest since there is no reasonable chance of a sequel happening, or any major advancement of the storyline. One final update I would love to see would just be adding a button for all of the seasonal events in the game, as well as bringing in the GEARS Games - not as a functional war, but just with the ability to change houses and to purchase the Corrupt versions of the House mechas. I doubt this will happen and it's just wishful thinking
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 38
12/29/2016 10:51:00   
Skyflakes

@Roxas45

quote:

I'm currently working in engineering and I have a tonne of friends who are working with animation, computer science, and so on, as a part of their cirriculum and degree.

You and or your friends could work in MechQuest as a volunteer or a regular and we will honor you as both staff and player
I also remember you helping me last year in my MQ problem. Thanks for that!
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 39
1/1/2017 4:30:38   
Roxas45

@Skyflakes:
I would like to volunteer, but AE isnt hiring/asking at the moment. :/ Also, Im still incredibly new to this; bursting with enthusiasm and a willingness to learn with the basics of a lot of things...

And anytime :) Glad to help
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 40
1/6/2017 19:31:55   
LurkBlackSmith

Hmmm....Endless energy blade marathon. 5 on foot battles for in any area in GEARS University... besides the commons for food and refreshments, dorms, locker rooms, classrooms and bathroom breaks.

< Message edited by LurkBlackSmith -- 1/7/2017 1:22:00 >
DF  Post #: 41
1/8/2017 4:35:22   
monstervet

quote:

Well, popularity shifted from MQ to DF to AQW to AQ3D

AQ then it went to DF, the early stages of MQ gave so much to the players that honestly i was overwhelmed.
Then AQW came along, and, well we speak of that no longer.

It's true from a standpoint AQW has a better model with membership fees and such, but a part of me dislikes it so, i bought a 1-year membership and never used it, you go through the premium servers and most people are already in there groups, so i felt left out, the end.

MQ on the other hand,
quote:

Mechquest had problems; it wasn't a game for a casual playerbase.
I played it (obviously) quite a few years ago, and had forgotten a lot of it. But coming back years later, and analyzing it, unlocking each area was a grind; too many levels, too many long battles.

Woah, woah, woah,
Lets not get hasty here, one of the old beta players here (quadruple digits!) and Mechquest founder (not DF founder but hey its something), gameplay was way simpler.
WAY simpler, a while back Baron Dante asked a question, and i answered it and then some.
Part of it involved MQ (although his question didnt involve this game) however i drew parallels to it and kinda wanted to flex the old noggin.

See back before we had flashy mechs we had simple mechs, HEADS didnt do damage. BODY? whats that? the shadow E-Series was once the only Mech to have a body part, non-customizable.
Things changed, as they often do, as they often should, however something occurred:
Bigger Weapons
Better weapons
Ticklish Zorbo was probably a warning sign but we barely paid it any attention.
Entire guides are built to get around areas that are otherwise impossible unless specific equipment is had, the vampire planet comes to mind, yes the battles are long, but dont blame the makers, blame us the players that time and time again learned how to overcome.

I will give you this however:
ITs kinda difficult to start off, when it first began the pizza place was the only area you could do quests......
Nowadays there is so much content you can basically do whatever.
This is quite similar to any long lasting AE game, AQ has so many areas but has implemented a tutorial that helps new players out a bit more, DF has split into multiple "Chapters" this allows you to see where you are and whats left to do (rough estimate).

MQ was one of AE's more ambitious games, how many vehicles did they say the starship could hold?
They ended up implementing only one. never took up space (to my awareness)

The moon base holds record of a rare type of weapon that has not seen the light of day: 0 cooldown Ammo oriented, once ammo is out you need to un-equip then re-equip (eventually replaced by the ammo weapons we all know and love) quite ambitious, bu had the flaw of being useless in quests that did not allow you to unequip items leaving an empty attack button.

The statue next to the museum, the various blacked out planets.... it was once a game of curious wonderment.

I truly enjoyed it.
I leave my star captain room as is as a mausoleum to my fellow Wolfblade, champions through and through, nay, ALL G.E.A.R.S house have always been champions through and through.

After playing the whole game i can honestly say i was very confused, somewhat satisfied, but i had to accept the loose ends due to lack of staff, and then lack of updates due to...well you know Ash.

If it were to ever return (not likely, however not impossible) my suggestions would be this:

A) First off, the original assignment was to expand territory willing to fight the SS, we lost an ENTIRE planet, tat was a big victory for SS, but we never got past a handful of planets, im not saying a couple dozen more, but another smallish handful woulda been nice, especially if they "Traded" with one another and had political relationships. Perhaps something simple like that world portal in AQ? (another highly ambitious idea, cool but i dont think its been expanded upon)

B) Greater explanation of things, what happened to the artifacts found in the Western planet, weren't there more? Second, why was the creation of a synthetic Dragonoid never a possibility? Sure it would take a ton of metal and powering it would require crystalized dragon breath, but that is why i said Synthetic, if memory serves me correct wasnt there a robotic like dragon released in DF during a thankstaking war built by Voltabolt? couldnt by some time warping means, the schematics happen to fall in our hands? always wondered, woulda been cool see an Syntehtic Pie throwing Orange Dragonoid fight a giant Skeletal dragonoid.

C) No gears games.
Yeah it was great, but the forums became hostile, yes i wont hid my innocence, the last one was a great loss to the wolfblade, but it always felt counterproductive ya know? you have a spy in the school, and three "Elite" mech-fighting houses squaring off against each other every other year, the strategies they learned, the equipment they stole, kinda makes you wonder why we didnt just simply fight another prestigious mech fighting school, perhaps some strange school of Zardwarts that focuses on magic based mechs? I dont know.

D) Pay off my student loans, i'd like that perhaps if a counter was had people with OCD would have at least played long enough until the counter was at zero, but alas, another loose end.
Also what happened to the Starship that was taken over by ghosts durign the mysterious johnson quest?
In theory, wouldnt it have been impounded? In theory couldnt someone buy it?
Sure since its systems are glitched it may not serve as much other than an awesome rec room/ place to store some extra mechs (careful when changing mechs a ghost might inhabit the next one you try on!) but that wold been cool.

In the end, much like most of AE's games, i still play, rarely but i still play.
A great pride swells up when im reminded of past exploits i had with the fighters of old, my favorite instances being Starship Trickortreating, but alas, life goes on, just like the stars in Lorean space.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 42
1/10/2017 17:23:36   
wolfblade101

Wow, its been 9 years and close to 10 years since I started playing MQ. I just logged in and I am sad to see how progress has came to a halt for the game. It is sad to see the state it is in currently but all great things must come to a end at some point in time.
AQ DF  Post #: 43
1/14/2017 5:37:00   
Fenna

I would really love to see a final Mechquest update allowing players to access GEARS Games quests and seasonal quests whenever they want. I know there's 0% chance of that happening now though. :(
Post #: 44
1/15/2017 19:16:56   
Digital X

Beep Beep! ArchKnight AQ / ED

Would it be feasable if someone else could take over the game and update it? It was bad enough when Warpforce met it end and now MQ has too..
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 45
1/16/2017 6:02:50   
Plasma Charge
Legendary AdventureGuide!

It would be very difficult for a single person to keep MQ going in any notable way.
I've not been involved with the game in quite a long time, but I often recall being frustrated by how difficult it was to even add the smallest things to the game.

Even assuming that someone wanted to just add new items to the game, the time taken to make a single weapon is quite high compared what you'd want it to be.
When I was making weapons they could often need to be passed through to 3-4 members of the MQ team just to have them ready to be put into the game!
E-blades are nice and quick to make but you can't exactly just release new e-blades every week unfortunately.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 46
1/16/2017 13:59:43   
Lord Noonien Soong

Nice to see you again after so long, Plasma Charge.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 47
1/17/2017 4:28:04   
monstervet

@Shiny Its not bad, with its 0 turn cooldown period it's an interesting mech, however when certain weapons try to force a cooldown the entire weapon systems gets nerfed (biggest downside).
Interesting buy, however you'd best stick to some of the other shadowsythe tech.

You didnt miss out on much, the threads started well out first, but it slowly stopped, only increasing during events, wars created great highlights whirlwinds of discussion, but the coup de grace was the gear games.
You have not seen discussion until you join into a Gears Games discussion thread, trash talking (of which i did partake, not my proudest moments i must admit) strategy and pure simple grinding, think DF has it bad?
MQ gear games had THREE separate wave counters, for the longest time Wolfblade had a perfect win streak, then in the final games we lost, with MQ practically dead we shan't recover our pride from that loss....
my only enjoyment was an enemy mech that was in a war which i suggested to be added into the game as playable was eventually added.
that mech:
The shadowscythe Trog, i saw it and thought it locked great asked if it would be added into the game as a playable mech, two days later it was.

I still play once in awhile, but now i simply wallow in my Starship reorganizing the rooms where old trophies once stood.
What i wouldnt trade for another war, another event.
but with the community in tatters, people that thrive on discussion would find little joy so there is that.

Hopefully one day, people will understand how awesome the game really is and return....hopefully

The AE forums were great, but then..AQW came along...everyone knows what happened after that. (kinda wondering why they made any games after AQW? but if you dont go forward you'll never grow)

< Message edited by monstervet -- 1/17/2017 4:29:04 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 48
1/17/2017 6:34:32   
Plasma Charge
Legendary AdventureGuide!

@Lord Noonien Soong

Thank you!

@Shiny

The Shadow-E series was certainly like a bad purchase for players with smaller arsenals. The amount of time required to buy a mech is even still probably too long compared to how frustrating it can be if you get a bad chassis.

The forums were a super important part of MechQuest, sadly I think only a small percentage of players ever ended up using the forums.

@monstervet

A lot of the discussion in MQGD tended to be about game balance, how to beat X boss or just what items were worth picking up.
The G.E.A.R.S. Games was probably one of my favorite events.
Wolfblade always seemed to have an advantage in the games, as far as I'm aware that was due to their being so many more Wolfblade players than the other two houses.
Coming up to the last G.E.A.R.S. Games Runehawk had some members who put in a lot of effort to try winning the war.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 49
1/17/2017 9:24:36   
Roxas45

@Above: Yes.. The amount of grinding we needed to do to get the credits needed for the mechs was really really high.
Still, Ash balanced it out for each level, and also gave us a quest which was a fantastic alternative to the Knife and Spork method.

I miss the gigantic mecha battles. I really do.

To remain in my mental state of denial about all this, Im just gonna assume that the hero has been FORCED to attend all his/her classes.
Cos, no matter what they did or who they saved, they still didnt attend classes.

Sure, this saving the universe makes the Institute not expel us for probably not showing up once after the first semester, but we kinda need to go back and finish our classes.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [MechQuest] >> MechQuest General Discussion >> RE: Is MechQuest being updated?
Page 2 of 3<123>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition