Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Is MechQuest being updated?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [MechQuest] >> MechQuest General Discussion >> RE: Is MechQuest being updated?
Page 3 of 3<123
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/17/2017 14:12:28   
monstervet

I member.
I also remember that the Lv 1 mech strategy basically changed the rules, during the asteroid war/event, after that was patched people still worked around it, then we eventually learned to pick up new weapons because chances were they were stronger than what we had equipped.

Eventually new items continued to be better than whatever we had so less discussion occurred, sure geekatron and the pirate chassis created build strategies but once body weapons become a staple it slowly devolved into " use these weapons in this order" a couple of contests did allow people to focus on customizing Mecha for looks instead or defensive/ offensive properties, that was the exception.

The evil dead mech is my favorite aesthetically, but that was the past.

What annoys me is if the players put half the effort into the Westion war, that they give to the gears games, Westion would not have been destroyed.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 51
1/19/2017 0:55:09   
Roxas45

I love the Pirate Chasis! I dont remember if I still have mine or not, but when I got it, I made sure I made it look exactly like the enemy Pirate Snipers!

Oh god. I miss this game. :/

AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 52
1/19/2017 2:40:39   
LurkBlackSmith

Yeah I miss this game also.

While all I'm thinking would be for a reminder could probably be mini-game idea for a mobile game port with the mechas surfing to racing on hover boards/water skiers/motorcycles/cars. So into those classic competitive race games.

We already got the Vampire Hunter hunter to become a surfer without the handheld coffin and hat to racer that is actually a weapon dealer. The Athurian Wolf would be the cool dude surfer/racer current champion. The Corrupted Lion and the regular Lion mecha would be the buff dude racers. While the Valitroth mecha would probably be the disgraced champion or banned competitor crashing a race course or causing distortions to changing the field/race course with deadly obstacles and enemy legions appearing out of nowhere like mind controlled pirate raiders mechas for one version of creepers.

For the old first build-a-mech prototype shadowscythe would be the waiters to referees with actual arms and their bottom is linear horizontal so that they actually look original factory created service robots.

So porting some epicduel motorcycles to J6 with his motorcycle appearing also to casually enter races.

On the other hand the star captain monthly mechas could be specials to be challenged.

The pirates build-a-mech chassis does seem like the one set of the bare bones to modify to create some generic racers. While the Newbatron is our actual tutorial, default machine with its refurbished machine gun and the updated one is a racer as well. Along with the other mechas as whatever for building stuff up.

< Message edited by LurkBlackSmith -- 1/19/2017 5:49:57 >
DF  Post #: 53
1/20/2017 23:14:45   
Roxas45

How likely is it that this game (as a whole) goes mobile and onto steam.
With or without 3D.

Cos... Im just thinking that with 3D, its gonna look a lot like the Iron Man games which came out when the first movie released. And... I dont know. We kinda lose the point of the game at that sage.

Also, how does one actually get AQ3D on Steam? Cos I have it, and I play Dota 2 (Occasionally, just to blow off steam..... pun not intended). So... shouldnt be a problem right?

Anyhow...
The main point is..
MQ Needs some player awareness. So instead of rampaging across the other forums, I wasnt able to come up with any idea. A little help from others?
What can we do to help raise some awareness about the awesomeness that is MQ, in the other forums.

Possibly get enough attention that the player base from AQW comes here, and with them, some of the people in AQW, AQ3D. Etc. Cos we need a little jolt of lightning to wake up properly again.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 54
1/23/2017 0:30:30   
monstervet

quote:

Transformers looks stupid

Correction, it is.
Although that is my opinion, variosu mechs exist which fall into your parameters including a *cough* transforming mech:
Optimal Automorph
This mecha model transforms into a hovering vehicle for moving over tough terrain
It transforms when you move and looks decent.

However in general, the outlandish use of these mechs is what gives it some charm, delivering pizzas on a MECH?!?!? you wind up destroying half the neighborhood. Im amazed that vehicles that need to be piloted by mechs themselves havent become commonplace.

Changing the game too much ruins the things that once made it great.
However at this point, perhaps any change may be a good one, MAY. Not guaranteed. Why did we never get a Mech Burger? like Big Boy meets Robocop, or Lard Lad meets terminator. Or Mcdonalds meets....E.T.? I'm spitballin here.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 55
1/24/2017 5:45:46   
LurkBlackSmith

So how about a Inazuma Eleven parody for a modified side scrolling mini game? Given some rockman(megaman) parody as well.

< Message edited by LurkBlackSmith -- 1/25/2017 18:05:24 >
DF  Post #: 56
1/30/2017 10:12:39   
Roxas45

Personally, I just want some attention to be directed back to this game, and its forums..

Literally any amount, from the main part of AE.

It really does suck that such a large game is now sitting still, like as if the main character finally understood that if their attendance drops any lower, they wont ever graduate.
XD
Ah... I joke, but it hurts.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 57
2/6/2017 21:57:16   
Jet Silver

It truly is a shame what happened to MechQuest, it was and frankly still is my second-favorite AE game after DragonFable. (Good job to Tomix and Verly for keeping that going so awesomely each week.)

The understaffing really killed this great game, and it's such a shame too, but I supposed that's how things go. Sucks that there were quite some plot threads left tangled. Korin is an awesome guy who did a lot but I can't help but feel he wasn't prepared when Warlic left. It definitely led to a slowdown. But I think he found a decent stride later, with the vampire planet and artix purifying a whole zombie planet being AWESOME.

If I recall one suggestion for DragonFable after book 1 was for it to become something of a combination swords and mech game. I wonder if the idea was to move assets from MQ to DF? Maybe a merging of the games/timeline.

I also wonder if AQW was good for AE as a whole. I enjoyed it, but it always kept the same feeling it had in the beta, at least combat-wise, and became something of a dress-up game with plot. Granted I criticize it as someone who spent about 2000$+ on it, so I supposed it succeeded at getting far more money out of me than any of their other games could. But then, I still play Dragonfable while I actively avoid AQW now since the 13 Lords of Chaos finale. But I can't help but think that over-reliance on constant rare items that costed money to get as opposed to gameplay, (what led me to quit,) and the discontinuation of true playable gems like MechQuest and OverSoul are what's been leading AE to its death throes. I honestly hope AQ3D works out, and turns out to be a great game.

But I suppose that's just pondering.

< Message edited by Jet Silver -- 2/6/2017 22:15:54 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 58
2/18/2017 18:13:49   
Tesarion

I always loved AE games, mostly DragonFable and MechQuest. I still remember my first quests in MQ and DF.

I was away from all AE games because there was this time in my life when all games bored me. And I came back after 2 or 3 years, but this time with my own credit card and bought DA and later SC.

And I've been playing MQ like 3 or 4 days a week, and I wanted to finish every quest in the game. The amount of grinding it takes to finish some of them is really hellish, but I managed most.
Thanks to that right now I have 137,794,472 Credits on my main character (and the number is still rising)... 27 mechs (same here)... but I still own one ugly looking old van...

The point is that I really miss MQ. There is so much that could be done, this game is too good to die out.
I hope they will keep MQ alive until they find some people who can run it.
fixing Frost Viking's Ragnarok activation chance :P

By the way, have any of you beaten the strongest version of Ultra-Tron ?
And all challenges that Korin gives us on planet 51 ?

Meh... I really miss MQ

Post #: 59
2/20/2017 2:23:34   
Plank

quote:

By the way, have any of you beaten the strongest version of Ultra-Tron ?

Yep, anything is possible if you have the Zapping Mallet and the Kelvin-Zero (100% chance for cooldown reset) head. That combo is a killer.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 60
2/20/2017 15:24:59   
Tesarion

And I thought that 4 turn stun on Frost Viking is badass... All this non SC time I was fighting through using Riptide..
Post #: 61
2/22/2017 21:06:50   
Eoemder

I guess there is some hope for MQ being kept around and being revamped maybe?
Post #: 62
2/23/2017 21:28:36   
Aicilespear

I'm a long-term DF player but I just started out on MQ and looking at the thread.

I kinda want to debunk the fact that flash games are dying, cause I know DF certainly didn't.

I guess it takes a staff or two to keep something alive, cause lbr, Tomix and Verly were an amazing duo of staffs on DF.

MQ, seems to me, is just meeting the short end of the stick. I really hope it can be revived somehow.
DF  Post #: 63
2/25/2017 19:23:06   
Plank

@Aicilespear

My hope which I still cling onto desperately is that one day Mechquest can be slightly updated so that seasonal shops and events would all be available 24/7 (Since I think Ash intended to make them release on a seasonal automatic system, however that's broken since the Christmas event has been there since 2015). That's a LOT of content and making nearly most of the missing content in the game available for everyone who still wants to play (or maybe a person who's interested in starting) would be great.

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 64
3/2/2017 23:37:21   
Neliux

This game still has the best combat system AE has ever produced, in my honest opinion.

Shame what happened to it.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 65
3/3/2017 21:34:15   
EnderAlphaOmega

Man i wish i actually had the skills to help with MQ, i loved to play this game so much its a shame to see it just sit here with no updates,but sadly i'm only a basic coder still getting the hang of things.
Post #: 66
3/3/2017 22:11:25   
Jet Silver

I think the final nail in the coffin was Ash leaving. Wasn't he like the last guy coding for it or something?

I wonder how Mae's doing now
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 67
3/4/2017 23:41:24   
  Loremaster Maya
Lab Lore Recorder

Maegwyn is doing well -- busy with work and family and real life. Thank you for thinking of her!
Post #: 68
3/7/2017 8:32:34   
Roxas45

Good to hear that shes fine :)
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 69
4/9/2017 1:33:36   
lordkaho
Creative!

I think the inherent root of the problem is that mech games aren't that popular to begin with nowadays. Look at what happened with Titanfall 2.

Also, MQ's death wasn't sudden. I remember it lagging behind updates as far back as 5 years ago. I don't know if AQW is to blame for all this, or if it merely delayed the inevitable for AE as a whole.
DF MQ  Post #: 70
12/15/2017 2:04:22   
XapApp

^That's a good point. We haven't had a good/popular mecha anime in recent times as well. When MechQuest released, Code Geass and Gundam were really popular which I think contributed a lot to it's growth.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 71
2/1/2018 16:11:56   
VoidCorrupts

quote:

My hope which I still cling onto desperately is that one day Mechquest can be slightly updated so that seasonal shops and events would all be available 24/7 (Since I think Ash intended to make them release on a seasonal automatic system, however that's broken since the Christmas event has been there since 2015). That's a LOT of content and making nearly most of the missing content in the game available for everyone who still wants to play (or maybe a person who's interested in starting) would be great.

If the seasonal content comes back permanently they at least should add a prerequisite for new players (such as to player Frostvale 2014, the player would need to finish Frostvale 2011 for example or in order to play Mogloween 2010 they will need to finish both Westion Chapter 2 and Mogloween 2009. This way new players wont get lost in the games progression or get powerful items too early into the game.

Perhaps the addition of a 4th of July/Maypril/April mechas of Yore shop too. Sell them all for 750-1500ngs each. Mechas like Mad Clown, Nova Socker, Striker, Derp Machine, Loki, F001, 4Pri1, Adored Clown, Hot Tanker, Liberty, Deflaginator , Lightshow, Eagle and Haliaeetus would be fairly popular buys. We have a Birthday's of Yore shop so why not this?

< Message edited by VoidCorrupts -- 2/1/2018 16:28:55 >
Post #: 72
1/9/2019 14:50:37   
NeonBlueStar

The game needs a soft reboot in a form of MechQuest 3D and not let the game rust and die
Post #: 73
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [MechQuest] >> MechQuest General Discussion >> RE: Is MechQuest being updated?
Page 3 of 3<123
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition