Suggestions For Mobile AQW
1. Reduce the Grind. As it stands, AQW is not very mobile friendly. Mobile games generally support being on for very little amounts of time and still being able to do something as that is what most mobile players do. Most of AQW
is centered around being on for long stretches of time farming away for items, exp, etc. The simplest suggestion is to increase the amount of rewards gained. Nulgath in particular is an impossible feat for mobile users
as the time it takes to do most if not all of his stuff would be wasted as a lot of it is based on killing enemies repeatedly and hoping you might get the reward. Nulgath could have his stuff nerfed
with the mobile users in mind, but that would then irritate a lot of the older players who worked hard. AQ3D is designed somewhat with mobile users in mind,
AQW was not. All of the challenge items, most of the core ideas would need to be changed to make it accessible to people playing on mobile, as no one wants to spend thirty minutes grinding EXP to only get like, 20% of your work done,
or do a long quest and only get like 30% of the items in 1 hour. No mobile player will wait that long, and AQW isn't really about doing the story, if you want to keep playing for awhile you're going to be grinding out those items.
2. Auto-Pickup, Auto-Delete. These two simple features would make farming items for mobile (and pc) a lot easier. It is tedious to constantly spam click on the item you need to pick up for whatever you're doing,
and simply letting those pop-ups run amok on mobile would probably be incredibly annoying, if not laggy. It could work similarly to how the treasure chest keys that members get every mouth do. It is an item that drops to your inventory, and does not give a YES or NO prompt.
3. Auto-Questing. A controversial topic, but it makes sense to include for mobile users. It would be a great quality of life change for basically everyone, and it would be a decent way to monetize.
On one hand, it would make farming things easier, as you could let the game run itself (this would have the benefit of reducing/eliminating botting).
Monetizing it wouldn't even be that hard. Non-members get say, 50 free auto-quests per day. (lets face it, 10-20 is too little, as you need to repeat many quests many times every day.) and members get an extra 50 auto-quests,
but you could then take it a step further and let people pay for extra daily auto-quests. It would make the company money, reduce the amount of players who bot, and alleviate the ailments that both mobile and pc players will/do have.
It doesn't even have to be like botting, it could just be like crafting in AQ3D. You spend one of your auto-quests and the game takes a specific amount of time to complete it, time being decreased by player level (about .5% per level), and not giving any EXP,
to help avoid low levels simply doing that all day. On the auto-quest speed thing, say you wanted to have the game automatically do the "Nation Recruits: Seal your Fate" quest. It would calculate the amount of time it would take to kill 25 of the enemies in the map (say about 4-7 minutes.) and then how long it might take on average for a Gem of Domination, adding about another 3, making it take between 7-10 minutes, reduced down to 6 by level 80.
General Changes That Would Be Nice.
1. Allow players to lock an items Color Custom value to a certain color. This would be a good feature for people who enjoy customizing their look, which is everyone.
2. Allow the quest "Nation Recruits: Seal Your Fate" to drop more than one Emblem of Nulgath. You are expected to do this quest a few hundred times. That is bad.
3. Fix the DoT and HoT not appearing bug. Fix the stopping constantly bug.
4. Buffs to old classes that cost real money to obtain. Examples: Chronomancer, Chronocorrupter, Timekiller, Paladin Slayer, and most of the old AC classes including Dragonlord, Guardian, and Starlord.
5. Add the luck stat as a minor enhancement to Fighter, Thief, Spellbreaker, Healer, Hybrid, ETC. These enchants could be way more useful if they had even as much luck as Wizard does. Please don't just straight up nerf Luck and Wizard. Make the rest good.
None of these changes come from a place of just wanting the game to be worse off, or not what was intended by the developers. I just want the game to thrive in its way forward, rather than stumble over its own decisions as they realize they may not work when aimed towards mobile audiences.