Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= Winter Balance Suggestions

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> RE: =ED= Winter Balance Suggestions
Page 6 of 6«<23456
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/6/2016 15:49:39   
Warmaker04

Suggestion #54 by Warmaker04

1. Battle Elf said that phases could not be reverted, but what if we combined them? ... for example Delta and Omega? The following things would happen :

Every weapon/gun/aux and armor would have :

- its own unique stats (from Delta)
- its own enchant slots (from Delta)
- its omega stats (from Omega)

Why not? This way people will create different builds and weapons will not only be bought for their look, but also for their bonus stats.

2. Nerf all energy gain/steal skills and field medic as well ->

Field Medic should cost 190 energy at lvl 1 instead of 150

Atom Smasher / EMP Grenade / Assimilation 's cooldowns should be 4-5 turns instead of just 3 -> They should have a warm up of 1-2 turns

Energy Parasite / Static Smasher / Static Grenade / Battery Backup 's cooldowns should be 5-6 turns instead of just 4 -> They should have a warm up of 2-3 turns

3. Replace Adrenaline Rush with, for example, toxic grenade. Both BH and CH have it, so why not TLM and Merc?

4. Buff the Assault Bot -> Cleanse should NOT JUST reduce all debuff effects by 100% but also add buff effects by 50% for a few turns

For example, if a BH used a Smoke Screen on me and that skill lowered my dex by -46 points, The assault bot would not just restore my dex back to normal but also improve it by 46/2 -> +23 dex points for a few turns

5. Find a way to get rid of the legendary ranks. They cause so many balance problems that I do not know where to start from. Also refund everyone by 100%

That is all for now

< Message edited by Warmaker04 -- 11/6/2016 16:11:17 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 126
11/6/2016 16:00:30   
Warmaker04

Perhaps the Assault Bot should improve dex/tech by percentage for a few turns regardless if the target has been debuffed or not? Nah. That would be op.

< Message edited by Warmaker04 -- 11/6/2016 16:01:59 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 127
11/6/2016 17:39:27   
Daph Duck

Suggestion #55 DAPH DUCK

Allow a SANDBOX MODE where we can ADD STATS AND SKILLS AND A CLASS FOR AN NPC SO W CAN TEST builds against specific builds.
AQW Epic  Post #: 128
11/7/2016 17:49:38   
  Battle Elf
has ten 1v1 wins

This thread is no longer being treated seriously. Those of you who have diverged off topic, you will be facing severe disciplinary action. This thread will be locked until I deem appropriate.

Edit: To clarify, this thread has been closed due to flaming, profanity, trolling, and inappropriate content.

Edit 2: Nightwraith will be making a post explaining why this thread will not reopen. Feel free to use the ED Balance and ED Suggestion Forums to continue posting about your ideas.

< Message edited by Battle Elf -- 11/7/2016 17:49:38 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 129
11/8/2016 9:13:36   
  Nightwraith

Hello,

Thank you for all of the constructive feedback you've provided, but we're at a good cutoff point now in the suggestions. The ED team is still reviewing your suggestions and determining which are actionable. Obviously, we only have about 3 weeks to develop and test this release the the amount of changes we can implement are finite. Also, some changes, no matter how popular, are not possible without a massive rewrite of the engine and no guarantee of improving the game after all the effort.

In reviewing the suggestions, we're prioritizing features that are most likely to improve the longevity and sustainability of the game. I don't want to promise anything before the list is finalized, but I will say that we are very interested in expediting the early-mid game to get more players to the endgame faster. There are challenges involved, of course, but that's what we're working through. Ideally, we can make matches faster, fairer, and competitive with the current matching pool.

Another key topic we hope to visit is the value of factions. We have some ideas based on forum suggestions to add value back to this robust, competitive system.

Again, thank you for your suggestions and participation. We understand your passion and enthusiasm and we hope we can satisfy many of your concerns in the upcoming update. Remember, this is an update -- a large update --- but still an update. It will not be a new development phase or new version of the game. We are still bound by restrictions of time, resources, and a 3-year-old engine built atop a 9-year-old engine. We will do the best we can, but keep your expectations in check. We will share decisions and rationale after we're done discussing the suggestions. Those decisions will be subject to change based either on feedback, timeline, or resources.

You can still use the Balance and Suggestion Forums to share player ideas, but for sake of scope, we're focusing on this thread for the Winter update.

Thank and Duel On,

Nightwraith
Post #: 130
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 4 5 [6]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> RE: =ED= Winter Balance Suggestions
Page 6 of 6«<23456
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition