Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Secret Santa 2016

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> [Gallery Events] >> Special Events >> Secret Santa 2016
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/26/2016 9:25:35   
PyroPuppy
Adorable!

Secret Santa Event

The L&L Forum and The Gallery invites everyone to the yearly Secret Santa event!

Info
Fourth year of Frostval are coming the Gallery!
For those of you who are not familiar with "Secret Santa" events, I'll explain how it works: Each forumite that signs up receives a name randomly and will need to create an artistic gift for them. We make sure that each forumite who signs up will also receive a gift from someone! Remember, the names are assigned randomly, so there is no way that you can tell who is making your gift! Also, it is very important to keep the name in secret to keep the element of surprise. Without further delays, blatantly copying past me's posts regarding the event:

Stage 1
The first stage of this event is the easy one, signing up. Signing up will start today (November 26th) and will end at December 11th at 11:59 PM, server time (EST).
Signing up will be in this thread, and afterwards we will end we will move to Stage 2 (gift making).
Specific information about Stage 2 (times, deadlines, etc.) will be given when Stage 1 will end. Remember, Stage 1 is only signing up. Any further details on the gift making will be given at Stage 2.
If you are worried that you can't draw in Flash or don't own an expensive art program, don't be afraid to join! Any medium will work! Once again, I repeat, any medium can be used - Whether it's digital art, hand drawn art, written art, music, an awesome cake, anything that you can come up with.

For those of you who sign up, I have a very special request. From past experience with the Secret Santa event, some people always have a problem. The computer dies, something sudden happens, and thousand of different scenarios. It isn't anybody's fault, but some of those scenarios can result a forumite who won't get a gift.
Therefore, I need volunteers to whom we will be able to PM and ask for an extra gift. You don't get an extra gift for volunteering, but making sure that all of the people who made a gift will also receive one is a noble goal by itself. Mention in your signing up post that you also volunteer for making another gift to let us know.

Stage 2
Signing up ended, with so many people that signed up. Stage 2 is the gift making stage. Each of you already received or will receive soon a PM from me with a name of a fellow forumite. You will be making a gift to that person. As I've stated before, the gift can be any kind of artistic gift, not just digital art. Written art, a sculpture, and everything else you can think of. A couple of years ago someone made a song!
There are absolutely no limitations to your gift. Any filesize, any dimensions. Remember one thing though: plagiarism is not accepted, not when regularly posting in the Gallery, and especially not in special events.

All of the gifts must be sent to me through PM until December 23 1:59 PM EST. The early hour is because of timezone constraints, and generally giving extra time to deliver the gifts.

In the last couple of years, the delivery of the gifts was delayed because not all people who signed up for the event, really made a gift. With the help of lots of volunteers we were able to make sure all those who made a gift also received one. Therefore, we developed a general policy: If you don't make a gift, I can't guarantee you will receive one.
Please help me make the event as fun as it should be by fully participating!

Stage 0
Because the forumites in the AE Forums are so friendly, we're also allowing sending a personal gift to someone. If you know a forumite who you want to cheer up for Frostval, just PM me a gift for them and I'll include it in the gift delivery thread. You're able to send gifts starting today until the deadline of the gift making, which will be posted in a couple of weeks.

Previous Events
If you want to check out how awesome were the events of the last two years, just check out the following links:
2015 - (Gift Delivery in the same thread)
2014 - Gift Delivery
2013 - Gift Delivery

Merry Frostval!

< Message edited by PyroPuppy -- 12/12/2016 13:22:27 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 1
11/26/2016 12:38:13   
fabri17

I'd like to participate, if possible
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
11/26/2016 16:11:34   
Chaosweaver Amon
Friendly!

I've been a past participant, count me in once again!

EDIT: And if necessary, I can also make an alternate gift.

< Message edited by Chaosweaver Amon -- 11/26/2016 16:15:22 >
DF  Post #: 3
11/26/2016 16:19:40   
Lord Noonien Soong

Joining in.

EDIT: It's been a couple of years since I've used my drawing skills, just as a cautionary to anyone who might receive my gift.

< Message edited by Lord Noonien Soong -- 11/26/2016 16:20:53 >
DF  Post #: 4
11/29/2016 14:15:05   
  Battle Elf
has ten 1v1 wins

I'm in!
AQW Epic  Post #: 5
12/1/2016 16:37:26   
Heroes of the Scape

Count me in!
AQ  Post #: 6
12/1/2016 22:29:55   
Kiyone

I'm in. Time to get my pens and paper ready.
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 7
12/2/2016 8:02:25   
DragonKnight90

It's been awhile. I'd like to join again this year. :)
AQW  Post #: 8
12/2/2016 18:34:39   
Exodus Winter
Creative!

I got time this time. hoh!

Signing in.
Exodus Winter
AQ DF  Post #: 9
12/3/2016 2:14:49   
Lord Alsvinich

Count me in
Post #: 10
12/3/2016 15:29:19   
PyroPuppy
Adorable!

Hello everyone!

I've decided to extend the sign up deadline to December 11th, to make sure as many people as possible get to sign up to the event.

For fun, here is how the Secret Santa Banner evolved over the years. What to do you think I should add next year?
2013 - 2014 - 2015 - 2016
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 11
12/3/2016 19:31:23   
ChaosRipjaw
How We Roll Winner
Jun15

I participated only one year, but I'm back in the game. Sign me up! I'll start making gifts as soon as finals are over (Dec 13-15).

What a great way to celebrate the holidays :D

I also volunteer to make alternate gifts as well.

@Pyro: Even more decorations on the tree! Bows on the gifts!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 12
12/6/2016 3:01:58   
bruextian
How We Roll Winner
Aug14

Please count me in :). I really feel bad for missing last years secret santa.
I also volunteer for extra gifts :)

quote:

For fun, here is how the Secret Santa Banner evolved over the years. What to do you think I should add

I can't seem to open the pics. Some errors are occuring. :(
AQW Epic  Post #: 13
12/7/2016 20:37:30   
loslocos23

i join :V me uno alv :V
Post #: 14
12/8/2016 12:38:01   
Arthur
How We Roll Winner
Dec14

Count me in once again. :)
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 15
12/8/2016 17:19:35   
Samirasaid

I also want to participate this year, someone can include me in the list
DF  Post #: 16
12/9/2016 16:12:29   
Alley Cat

This sounds like fun, count me in!
AQW Epic  Post #: 17
12/10/2016 13:47:30   
Sebastador

May Can Enter... I'm So Don't Expect to Make Something Beautiful.
Post #: 18
12/10/2016 19:38:02   
JunnyOsan

Count me in!
AQW Epic  Post #: 19
12/10/2016 19:55:07   
Solar Boy
Vorpal Edges Biggest Fan!

I'm in! >:D
AQ AQW  Post #: 20
12/11/2016 13:35:58   
xelessarx

Me is also iinn
Post #: 21
12/12/2016 13:22:12   
PyroPuppy
Adorable!

Thanks everyone for signing up and joining the event!
I'm updating the first post with Stage 2:

Stage 2
Signing up ended, with so many people that signed up. Stage 2 is the gift making stage. Each of you already received or will receive soon a PM from me with a name of a fellow forumite. You will be making a gift to that person. As I've stated before, the gift can be any kind of artistic gift, not just digital art. Written art, a sculpture, and everything else you can think of. A couple of years ago someone made a song!
There are absolutely no limitations to your gift. Any filesize, any dimensions. Remember one thing though: plagiarism is not accepted, not when regularly posting in the Gallery, and especially not in special events.

All of the gifts must be sent to me through PM until December 23 1:59 PM EST. The early hour is because of timezone constraints, and generally giving extra time to deliver the gifts.

In the last couple of years, the delivery of the gifts was delayed because not all people who signed up for the event, really made a gift. With the help of lots of volunteers we were able to make sure all those who made a gift also received one. Therefore, we developed a general policy: If you don't make a gift, I can't guarantee you will receive one.
Please help me make the event as fun as it should be by fully participating!
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 22
12/21/2016 15:16:29   
PyroPuppy
Adorable!

I thought to give you guys an update!
I already received few great gifts, and I hope to get the rest by the 23th!

I thank you again for participating in the event!
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 23
12/21/2016 22:02:37   
Solar Boy
Vorpal Edges Biggest Fan!

Woo! Didn't wait until the last possible moment for once in my life!

I hope my giftee gets a kick out of their gift. I stalked your post history high and low, but I just didn't know what to draw... sooo... well, you'll see. :D
AQ AQW  Post #: 24
12/21/2016 22:21:57   
ChaosRipjaw
How We Roll Winner
Jun15

^Oh cool, glad to know that stalking other people's post history isn't a new thing

I really enjoyed this Secret Santa, and my skills have vastly improved. Pretty cool actually, since I haven't drawn anything full page for months before now.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> [Gallery Events] >> Special Events >> Secret Santa 2016
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition