Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

(DF) The Long Dark Discussion

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> AE Fanfiction Discussion >> (DF) The Long Dark Discussion
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/28/2016 5:10:33   
NagisaXIkari

The Long Dark

While I wait for the Valtrith/Caitiff saga to conclude before I set to rewriting Ocean of Hopelessness to rectify inconsistencies between it and the main Dragonfable storyline, I came up with an idea for another story set within the same distant future as Ocean of Hopelessness.

Quotes come from Jean-Paul Sartre, Simone de Beauvoir, and the Duel Masters card Solar Ray.

EDIT December 29: I'm gonna give a few lines an edit I don't particularly like the sound of them. Might make some other changes too for other reasons as well.

< Message edited by NagisaXIkari -- 12/29/2016 22:33:15 >
DF  Post #: 1
12/30/2016 3:01:17   
NagisaXIkari

Second chapter featuring a quote from Albert Camus "The Stranger," as well as a few minor edits to the previous entries. Just rewriting a couple sentences and changing the quote for chapter one and the title of the first chapter

This will be a shorter work than Ocean of Hopelessness, but I'm not sure how short. Not counting the prelude, interludes, and the never written epilogue, Ocean of Hopelessness was planned to have fifty chapters.
DF  Post #: 2
1/10/2017 7:43:27   
NagisaXIkari

Another chapter once again featuring a quote from Camus. This time it's a line from "The Plague."
DF  Post #: 3
1/19/2017 21:32:58   
dragon_monster

Wow more people should really read this its great and the mystery really intrigues me. Great work very good work.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 4
1/20/2017 5:37:24   
NagisaXIkari

Thank you, I really appreciate that.

New chapter up featuring a quotation from Vladimir Lenin.
DF  Post #: 5
1/20/2017 15:12:43   
dragon_monster

This chapter made things more interesting and I am starting to understand more of the mystery. Also the mental struggle of the paladin is really interesting and the mental gymnastics put forth towards him is well made that it makes me wonder also.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 6
1/27/2017 2:21:17   
NagisaXIkari

New chapter up featuring a quote from the Cheshire Cat from "American McGee's Alice."

Following the conclusion of this tale (perhaps one or two more entries) and depending on how the current DF storyline concludes, I'll begin another story before rewriting "Ocean of Hopelessness." It'll be a prologue of sorts to that tale.
DF  Post #: 7
1/30/2017 11:51:56   
NagisaXIkari

New chapter featuring a quote from the Joker from Alan Moore's "The Killing Joke."

Next up will be the final entry.
DF  Post #: 8
2/1/2017 1:14:16   
NagisaXIkari

Final entry up featuring a quote from Max Stirner's "The Ego And Its Own."

Not really the final entry as I did include a brief epilogue featuring a quote from Joseph Conrad's "Heart of Darkness."
DF  Post #: 9
2/1/2017 8:02:18   
dragon_monster

Wow I will not spoil it but it was a great piece of writing more should check it out. Thank you for sharing it with us.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> AE Fanfiction Discussion >> (DF) The Long Dark Discussion
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition