Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

SWoT design (my thought)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> DragonFable Art Gallery >> SWoT design (my thought)
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/31/2016 9:15:55   
TheFourSins

Hello guys !

I'm not good at drawing, I know but still, I made this quick to not forget my "design" or what so ever we can call this :P
I tried to do what I thought would be the SWoT armor.
Give me your feedback on what you think of it (good or bad, I'm a big boy) and if you thought of something completly different !

Have a happy new year guys !
Cheers :)

Edit: spelling

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by TheFourSins -- 12/31/2016 9:24:41 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
12/31/2016 13:12:51   
apielang

The design is cool! Just a note, fix the hand a little bit.
How about make the colored version?
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 2
1/1/2017 5:32:45   
TheFourSins

@apielang

I'm not good at doing hands (and at drawing in general) ^^'
I don't draw alot actually, so adding color and shading would end up ugly ahah ! (And I throwed away my drawing in the trash w/o noticing yesterday, when I tried to find it to actually add color as you said)
I would like people to post their thoughts with their drawing of the armor. I'm curious to see what people have in their mind for it :)

But thank you for your note, I might keep trying drawing hands to get better at it.

If you feel like it, you can do this armor with color in it, I saw your drawing and they look nice, I'm pretty sure it would look way better by your hands then mine ahah !

< Message edited by TheFourSins -- 1/1/2017 5:51:32 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 3
1/4/2017 1:28:27   
Shiny_Underpants

^I find the main problem people have with hands can be fixed simply:
A finger (excluding thumb) is split into three movable segments. Most people who struggle with hands draw these as curves; as a starting point, draw each section as a more rectangular shape, with at least three clearly defined edges.
Details like knuckles are slightly more difficult, but they should still have three sides- not just one curved one.

Most of this drawing is pretty good. Everything above the waist is fine. There is an issue with proportion in the legs.
A fully extended leg (with flexed foot) should be between 15 and 30 centimetres longer than the upper body. In DF it's about 30 centimetres. So your legs are too short.
Some indication should also be given of where the knee is.
Baggy clothing actually reveals more about bodyshape than general purpose clothing, since it accentuates anchor points. (i.e. the cloth should flow inwards in to show either the front or back of the knee).
These proportions are nothing an eraser couldn't fix... if you still had the drawing...
Post #: 4
1/15/2017 18:02:15   
Lord Satine

I like the concept for the SWoT, which I'm overly hyped to see in game, haha. Props on you for at least attempting to draw hands, I usually hide the hands of people I draw as best I can. As far as improvement for the future, you should challenge yourself to put more shading into your clothing. For the figure of the person beneath, I find it can be incredibly useful to look up the figure drawings that others have done in order to create an accurate and impactful drawing.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> DragonFable Art Gallery >> SWoT design (my thought)
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition