Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= January 6th, 2017 - EpicDuel 2017

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= January 6th, 2017 - EpicDuel 2017
Page 3 of 4<1234>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/16/2017 10:42:00   
.Lord Ginger.

Right.
AQW Epic  Post #: 51
1/18/2017 3:13:03   
VIX

Its really sad to see the 1st game i've ever played is falling down, tho i still login once or twice a month to check up on my friends.. besides that i dont do anything.

Tbh i knew this would happen since the day rabble joined dev-team, the game was pretty perfect and awesome without him and growing more and more, until rabble decided to remove "wins system" , "Tokens System" from the game, few weeks later the game started to die slowly and slowly.

i've mentioned this many times to the developers/testers on twitter, MSN few years back when i had connection with them, i even told them doing this is gonna break ED , but they didn't care much until they did that big mistake and now look at ED, also they did a much bigger mistake when they deleted all the codes\source of the wins \ tokens system so there is no way they can bring it back.

After that ED lost 68% of its players, competition is gone, fun is gone at some point, members used to challenge each others in the faction to get officer rank and etc... after replacing wins with influence you completely killed the competition in factions, also tokens... why just why.... why would u do a mistake like this how can u actually allow something like this to happen i just dont get it what were you thinking at that time.. unfortunately now ED lost 98% of its players only very very few are playing it... and i feel sad for them cuz they spent hours and hours playing and supporting ED and now where does that leave them? playing a dead game that won't be updated anymore no new stuff \ phases.. how is this fair lol, its too late and its really sad news.

but tbh im so glad i quit ED 5 years ago cuz if i stayed and kept playing,supporting and believing in Epicduel i would've been heartbroken now after reading this sad dns news.

Im just disappointed in many ways... there is alot more to say but i cba to continue.. its pointless.

< Message edited by VIX -- 1/18/2017 3:15:32 >

Epic  Post #: 52
1/18/2017 3:25:06   
8x

^Suuuuure... Blame Rabble for everything. That's completely logical and reasonable. Also, you are throwing out your made up percentages as if they were facts. Yes, there were player drops, but don't just make things up when you don't have the actual data.
Epic  Post #: 53
1/18/2017 3:35:57   
VIX

Buddy im not blaming only rabble, but ED started losing members since the day that wins \ tokens were removed oh and NPC! all devs are to blame. like i said there is alot to talk about but like i said above i can't be bothered atm, but i just pointed at the 1st thing that made ED lose players , since that day players started dropping, i've been playing \ supporting ED since 2008 or 2009 and i know very well what im talking about. there are few things im not aware of after i left ED, but all what i said above was never "made up". But it doesn't matter buddy believe what you want.
Epic  Post #: 54
1/18/2017 4:01:08   
8x

You don't know the actual numbers, I've also been supporting/playing ED since 2009 and I also know very well what I'm talking about. Also, I'm not your buddy, mate.

< Message edited by 8x -- 1/18/2017 4:02:18 >
Epic  Post #: 55
1/18/2017 6:34:05   
VIX

Oh well whatever BUDDY :)
Epic  Post #: 56
1/18/2017 7:51:48   
8x

The joke flew over your head, friend.
Epic  Post #: 57
1/18/2017 9:57:12   
VIX

i'm simply saying what exactly happened when i was around few years ago and how the game started to fall down, if you don't like my post, you can simply ignore it and walk away instead of wasting your time posting non sense posts " The joke flew over your head, friend. " Oh? um ok?

Nothing flew over my head, Friend.

That's entertaining i haven't seen a Smart...\hater like you in a long time.

Anyways i'm done with ED forums so have fun replying to air, have a good day, Buddy.

Epic  Post #: 58
1/18/2017 10:59:28   
One Winged Angel1357

I just want to point out rabble joined the dev team long before most of those changes. Like Rabble joined the team at the end of Beta early Gamma. Also a single Dev doesn't get the say on a change. This isn't AQW where Miltonious would sneak up broken content to the updates and not tell anyone until the bug reports started rolling in.

But sure blame Rabble it's all his fault
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 59
1/18/2017 12:44:33   
8x

@VIX
I could say the same for you. If you don't like my posts, just ignore me. We can both agree that ED is no fun, so instead of wasting my time on ED, I waste it on forums. :P
(I more or less agree with what you say about ED, I just don't like pointless and unreasonable blaming of just one person and I don't like it when people use their made up or extremely rough estimates as if they were facts)

And I'm not your friend, guy.
Epic  Post #: 60
1/18/2017 13:23:15   
LambO

Let's all just agree that I was just amazing when I played ED.

AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 61
1/19/2017 12:52:28   
HydroMonk

PEACE !
Post #: 62
1/19/2017 13:33:14   
Xendran

Lots of old faces popping up I'm noticing
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 63
1/19/2017 14:15:48   
8x

They came for the funeral.
Epic  Post #: 64
1/19/2017 15:01:50   
LambO

Even though we don't play anymore, still gotta' show some love.

< Message edited by LambO -- 1/19/2017 15:02:02 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 65
1/19/2017 17:04:41   
ambien

l knowen vix a long time an what he is saying is true like it or not, ed died when rabble started to push his weight around like it or not 8x its the truth. who do you think pushed for the omega format.

ed was doing great until a ugly war started when nons vs play to pay went at it. as you all remb ed started out as a pay game. nons held their own l did, but the point is the pay players did have some strong ponits, but titan an night would try to help the nons by giving some non varium ltems better stats . they did what they could for the nons. but the nons would cry all night an day an it got old.

then enchaments came to help the nons out but no they could not leave it alone they cryed even more and the game became a crying game, an we all know what has happen now.

yes ed may die soon but one thing you got to remb their was some great times on ed,

my thoughts on this always the syfy
Post #: 66
1/19/2017 18:23:48   
Satafou

Syfy does bring up an interesting point about the players themselves complaining too much. I'm still not sure why enchantments were removed when they simply could of made them more affordable. The removal of win ratios I also find extremely bizarre. I do think this community cries too much and features such as fame and codes only promote this as it actually encourages players to cry/beg for both of those features.
Post #: 67
1/19/2017 20:23:04   
Mother1

@ Satafou

IIRC The main reason those old promo cores came back was because a certain someone would go on and on about how they wanted all the old rares to come back because they felt the few rare cores would spice up the game for those who didn't get them when in reality I believe they just wanted said items for themselves.

As for Enhancements those represented Power creep on the Pay to win scale even though free to play could get them. It would take you ages to farm the credits needed to fully power up the gear, not to mention if you didn't buy them all at once it would cost you more by a good deal. While with Varium this wouldn't be too much for free to play they could never see a full set of enhanced gear without new gear coming out making said gear worthless.

Even if it was indeed made cheaper this problem would still persist which is why I believe they made all items the same. Thought to be honest for what we have now I would rather have the old enhancements rather than the new ranks we have now see as ranks are just a pale sub for the enhancements they removed back at the end of delta.
Epic  Post #: 68
1/19/2017 20:53:50   
One Winged Angel1357

@Syfy I think we were playing two different games. There was a point where class specific non varium weapons were three levels under the cap for the strongest ones.

Enhancements also didn't help the non varium users as the level gap between cap players averaged out at 8 levels and maxed out around 13 levels purely due to credit cost and difference in total number of maximum enhancements.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 69
1/19/2017 22:44:19   
ambien

well one wing really where were you doing beta --gamma when nons played tough not to toot my horn one but l was the 1st non varium on all time leader board during the days when pay to play ruled ed. so plz look before you talk. an l used the non weapons l liked the enchanments l was in kotr factions so been their, done that, an got the t-shirt.

so l do not know where you were at the time when a lot of nons played tough. even the all time leader at one time in 2v2 was a non player.

back then when you played the build won the game not hack an slash like now. when now str. an support cheap builds run wild on ed. wheres the skill now well it is gone like the wind.

like l said been their, done that, an got the t-shirt

my thoughts on this always the syfy

Post #: 70
1/19/2017 23:35:02   
Xendran

EpicDuel also did land in an unfortunate time to try to be what it is.
Perpetual games are a great way to have a consistent project if it takes off, but the choice of platform was made obsolete.
Combined with this, there were not many perpetually updated online turn based games to get good insight into monetization models.
If the devs had the same idea for ED and started developing it today, I bet we'd see more modern systems in terms of what is paid for, and player ranking systems. These two things alone are a pretty huge factor that puts modern turn based games ahead of ED.

AQ DF Epic  Post #: 71
1/20/2017 8:48:17   
King FrostLich

Sad to see this game fall down into this state. ED can still try to get to Steam and have it Greenlit but that would require tons of effort and what would happen to the current items we have in our inventory when a new transition to ED 2.0 happens?

There were lots of things that made ED turn downhill, the biggest one was making all weapons and armor have the same power and the only thing that made them different was a "passive core" and its own design which feels very bad for anyone that has played the game for a long time.
Epic  Post #: 72
1/20/2017 12:03:19   
8x

quote:

Quote from ambien:

l knowen vix a long time an what he is saying is true like it or not, ed died when rabble started to push his weight around like it or not 8x its the truth. who do you think pushed for the omega format.

quote:

Quote from 8x (to VIX):

(I more or less agree with what you say about ED, I just don't like pointless and unreasonable blaming of just one person and I don't like it when people use their made up or extremely rough estimates as if they were facts)

I've always thought of Rabble as the "other coder". The guy in the background, the new guy, and so on. It's interesting to see that you think of him as "the guy who pushes his weight around".

I'm not sure if I even want to get into further discussion with you...
Epic  Post #: 73
1/22/2017 14:12:34   
  Digital X

Beep Beep! ArchKnight AQ / ED

@Frostlich, when you expecting an ED 2 to happen..?

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 74
1/22/2017 16:38:23   
Satafou

^It won't be happening. There's no point in the devs remaking an unsuccessful game on unity when they can create a brand new exiting game with will probably profit more. I just wish they'd come out straight to the community (although they somewhat have, but not in a very bold way) that they have no actual plans for ED. It just makes the community have expectations for nothing.
Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= January 6th, 2017 - EpicDuel 2017
Page 3 of 4<1234>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition