Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Pokemon Thread 108.5: thread 108 met with a terrible fate

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> Out of Context >> Pokemon Thread 108.5: thread 108 met with a terrible fate
Page 1 of 3123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/23/2017 14:05:31   
ShadowMoon

since 108 got in toidiedud's words eaten by the forum itself here's a new thread awaiting tagging that hopefully won't meet the same fate.

< Message edited by toidiedud -- 1/23/2017 15:18:03 >

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
1/23/2017 15:16:35   
  toidiedud

Yes the last thread got ate due to inactivity. So pinning this should fix that issue for the future.

Anyways, I really burned out on Moon. I enjoyed playing it but I dunno, I feel like that spark to keep playing and breeding and all that and competitive just died.

< Message edited by toidiedud -- 1/23/2017 15:21:55 >
AQ DF  Post #: 2
1/23/2017 20:29:37   
Onyx Darkmatter

And with Pokebank not updated, I don't feel any replay value (especially when I've gotten all of the new Pokemon in the Dex).
I do hope that they announce it, because I REALLY want to restart my game.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 3
1/24/2017 11:49:13   
ShadowMoon

well, a lot of stuff today...
quote:

In The Games Department
Pokémon Bank
Nintendo Hong Kong has put out some details about the upcoming Pokémon Bank update, specifically in regards to the Generation 1 transfer. First, transferred Pokémon will likely have at least 3 max IVs. Their nature will be random and there is a chance that the Pokémon will have their Hidden Ability. It will also have a unique GameBoy mark
The National Pokédex will sync up with the games you use with Pokémon Bank, listing the Pokémon you have seen/caught in each game and combining them. It will list the games that you have each Pokémon in. You don't need the Pokémon to be deposited into your Bank in order to register them in the National Pokédex. Finally, it confirms that you can send Battle Points again. Finally, it shows that you can track a variety of stats from your games such as Eggs Hatched, Pokémon Captured etc. through Pokémon Bank, crossreferencing between all 6 games.
No date has been given but we'll provide full details as they come so keep checking back
Pokémon Duel
It has been confirmed that the mobile game, Pokémon Duel, released last year on iOS and Android is to be renamed as Pokémon Duel and is currently available on iOS & Android platforms in North America and Europe. We have been gradually covering the game over the life of the Japanese one and will begin localisation details for this game over the next couple of days so be sure to keep checking back.
http://quietube7.com/v.php/http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kia_sP8Jlok
Pokémon Sun & Moon - Global Missions
The third Pokémon Sun & Moon Global Mission has been announced. This Global Mission's theme involves trading Pokémon through the Pokémon Global Trade Station. The target is not currently known. This Mission runs from next week, January 31st 2017 04:00 UTC until February 14th 2017 23:59 UTC.
Pokémon Shuffle - Events
A few brand new challenges have begun on Pokémon Shuffle and Pokémon Shuffle Mobile.
First is a special stage for Totodile (Winking). This stage runs for a week until January 31st 2017
Next, a stage for the Pokémon Wailord has begun. It will run until February 7th 2017
A returning Pokémon Safari with new Pokémon has begun. This Safari has got Shellder, Cloyster, Shiny Magikarp, Shiny Gyarados, Pidove, Tranquill and Unfezant within it, as well as newcomers of Snorunt (Winking) and Glalie (Winking) . It runs until February 7th 2017
Finally, stages for Gyarados, Kyogre and Groudon are returning until February 7th 2017

- serebii

< Message edited by ShadowMoon -- 1/24/2017 11:51:36 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 4
1/24/2017 12:20:09   
RyuMandruleanu
Helpful!

I'm really getting tired of these repeat safaris with 2 new pokemon in them. I don't know why they thought that was a good idea. At least this safari has a couple decent coin stages so not as bad as last time. And speaking of not good ideas, why did they choose to make Winking Glalie a 20-candy mega? Unlike Ray, who makes sense, W-Glalie is just a M-Steelix copy.

Kind of surprised they're going to treat Gen 1 pokes like legendaries when you transfer with the 3 Max IVs. I was expecting something based off the DVs of the poke from the game, but I'll take it. Makes getting competitive pokes a little bit easier, if that's what you want to do.
DF AQW  Post #: 5
1/25/2017 10:08:58   
peacemaker

Spent all morning transfering all the pokemon from R/B/Y/AS on my current New New 3DSXL to Sun. Currently working my way through the Elite 4, 2 down, 2 to go, then off to see who'll be up against me this time.

Of course, with the ability to pull from all the games (besides G/S/C), Iv'e got a LOT of thinking to do as to who I'll have on my team.

Question though:- Why can't I use my Pikachu crystal on the pre S&M Pikachus please?

would they HAVE to learn Volt tackle please?

I help. HS
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 6
1/25/2017 13:59:34   
ShadowMoon

yeah, they have to know volt tackle to be able to use Pikanium Z.

speaking of, with the release of
Mewnium Z i wonder when Pikashunium Z will be released...
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 7
1/25/2017 16:49:18   
peacemaker

Thanks.

Just caught Nihilego. Called it Ote, as in symbiote.
About to do the second mission in Sun. Any tips please? Current catching team:-

Venusaur with Sleep powder,
Snorlax with hold back
A Tapu with the Guardian of Alola Z - move.

Technique:-
Sleep powder, Guardian of Alola, hold back.

Also just caught the two Buzzwoles. (Muscles and Muscled.)

Poke question - can smeargle learn the move (Iv'e forgotten it,) that turns into the Z - move Guardian of Alola please?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 8
1/25/2017 17:35:55   
  1welve Gull2
Cryosphere Conflagrant

quote:

speaking of, with the release of Mewnium Z i wonder when Pikashunium Z will be released...

For this year's movie is my assumption.

It was revealed a few weeks back to be a redo of the beginning of the anime. No better time than then to release Ash Pikachu and it's Z-Stone. It wouldn't make sense to release Marshadow for it and that's the only other option unless they update the games with something new for it which it seems they do not ever intend to do.

< Message edited by 1welve Gull2 -- 1/25/2017 17:41:28 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 9
1/25/2017 22:39:05   
afterlifex
Legend-X

peacemaker Nature's Madness, from what I am reading yes.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 10
1/26/2017 11:01:48   
peacemaker

Thanks. It'd be interesting to see what a Smeargle - Guardian'd look like in battle! (Anyone have a video link please?)

Taking a break from the UB quests to breed Magikarp.
Ditto & 'karp, wonder trade, if the new pokemon isn't one in my 'dex, it'll get traded back out.

Edit:- unless it's a shiny.

< Message edited by peacemaker -- 1/26/2017 11:02:23 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 11
1/26/2017 11:14:25   
Superemo
Constructive!

^: Iirc, Tapunium is locked to only being usable by a Tapu with Nature's Madness, sort of like Snorlium only being able to be used by a Snorlax with Giga Impact.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 12
1/26/2017 11:23:27   
peacemaker

Ahh. RIght. Thanks.

I was going back and forwards hatching 'karp with my machamp Pokeride, (if I could nickname them, I'd call him Steve,) and I noticed he had something on his right thigh. What is it please?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 13
1/31/2017 8:16:36   
Superemo
Constructive!

^: Iirc, it's related to the Machamp's function as a Ride Pokemon. It's just an aesthetic design choice to differentiate the Ride Pokemon Machamp sprite from the other Machamp overworld sprites.

So, found a solid Ditto for breeding... a day before the Pokemon Bank update came out. It's effectively useless now, considering the fact I have at least one 5 or 6 IV Pokemon in each egg group from when I was building teams in Y. At least now I have the ability to breed for stats much more quickly, since the "Different OTs" boost cancels out the "Different Species" penalty.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 14
1/31/2017 16:51:55   
ShadowMoon

so qr teams are live and all this missing mega stones are gonna come via competition entry rewards.
....yeah, thats one thing from shuffle that should not have wormed ints way into the main series games.
speaking of shuffle theses a free unlimited hearts for 15 mins in the special shop
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 15
2/1/2017 8:46:09   
peacemaker

Question:-
In Sun, what's next in the UB questline after buzzwole please?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 16
2/1/2017 14:13:02   
Onyx Darkmatter

It would be UB-Blade (or Kartana).
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 17
2/3/2017 8:42:52   
peacemaker

Currently breeding 'karp on my main AS game to trade them with pokemon in previous games so that eventually I'll get ALL my pokemon from ALL the way back to Emerald days.

Curent list of pokemon done so far today:-

Shiny Rayquaza,
Normal Kyogre,
normal rayquaza,
normal groudon
normal giratina
normal cresselia,
normal zygarde,
normal rhyperior

I'll get the Zygarde(s) I have, split them down/up, then hopefully I can recombine them into their fullest form.

I help. HS
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 18
2/14/2017 1:58:37   
RyuMandruleanu
Helpful!

Holy crap, GS WHY!?!?! Newest update includes a new safari (including shiny Rayquaza), a 500(?) stage Escalation battle, new main stages with M-Aggron who's probably going to be the best mega for the M-Gardevoir competition (Mega T-tar clone so finally a good fairy slayer). There's also the Daily Pokemon thing, but at least this is the 3rd run so I can ignore it
DF AQW  Post #: 19
2/14/2017 14:08:58   
ShadowMoon

well, it has been oddly low on to much stuff. i'm not gonna really bother with the competition(just 1 full item run).
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 20
2/15/2017 10:05:16   
peacemaker

With the Battle tree, I get greeted by "Gary" and "Ash". Can I fight both please, and if not, who should I go for please?

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 21
2/15/2017 23:28:03   
afterlifex
Legend-X

While heading to the BT? No just one but they show up in the BT itself in some capacity.

Lost interest in the games, not unexpected thou. Not much left to do, let my sister reset it and play it after bank came out

Thou I did pick up the online TCG once again. Altered my main deck and have been playing an Archie's Blastoise in expanded. Even got a shaymin-ex from a pack recently . Now just to wait for Tapu Lele-GX(such a broken card), tell me Mewtwo EX + Jirachi EX in a single card is not ridiculous. Tech and usable.

< Message edited by afterlifex -- 2/15/2017 23:34:15 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 22
2/17/2017 5:12:11   
Superemo
Constructive!

So, currently in the progress of rebuilding my Sandstorm team. I'm fairly confident in my team, but I'm open to suggestions.
Tyranitar (Sand Stream, Adamant, Attack/HP focus, Crunch/Thunder Wave/Stone Edge/Earthquake, Smooth Rock)
Skarmory (Sturdy, Jolly, HP/Speed focus, Tailwind/Spikes/Stealth Rock/Whirlwind, Leftovers)
Garchomp (Rough Skin, Adamant, Attack/Speed focus, Poison Jab/Dragon Claw/Earthquake/Stone Edge, Rocky Helmet)
Mamoswine (Thick Fat, Jolly, Attack/Speed focus, Ice Shard/Endure/Ancient Power/Earthquake, NeverMeltIce)
Rhyperior (Solid Rock, Adamant, Attack/Defense focus, Hammer Arm/Stone Edge/Earthquake/Megahorn, Soft Sand)
M-Scizor (Technician, Jolly, Attack/Speed focus, Bullet Punch/Roost/U-turn/Swords Dance, Scizorite)
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 23
2/17/2017 13:05:00   
ShadowMoon

quote:

With the Battle tree, I get greeted by "Gary" and "Ash". Can I fight both please, and if not, who should I go for please?

first, that's red and blue, its just an insult to red to compare him in anyway to his lesser counterpart.
second only one of them can be fought at that point in time.
you can have a battle with them both via the battle tree but they won't have the same teams and there is the whole no items, no exp, no poke thing.
also red is a bit harder which isn't all that surprising since red is always better then blue.
here is their teams
Red's Pokemon Team consists of the following:
Pikachu - Level 70
Charizard - Level 70
Snorlax - Level 65
Lapras - Level 65
Blastoise - Level 66
Venusaur - Level 66
Blue's Pokemon Team consists of the following:
Alakazam - Level 65
Aerodactyl - Level 65
Arcanine - Level 65
Gyarados - Level 65
Machamp - Level 65
Exeggutor - Level 65

odd how reds team is weaker then it was on mount silver, i think he was holding back. its either that or the years haven't been kind to his pokemon
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 24
2/17/2017 13:23:22   
afterlifex
Legend-X

Superemo

No life orb or Choice items?

I am not going to break down all of them since things like smogon are out there if you want other ideas.
The one that worries be the most is Skarmory isn't it just locked out completely by taunt?

I would probably drop Spikes or Stealth Rock for Iron Head or Brave Bird. You could always drop SR on another member of the team.
Tailwind helps the overall slow team which is why I didn't suggest its removal.

Other than that Mamoswine's Endure & Ancient Power strike me as odd. AP is a special move isn't it and has low base power. Even with a chance at a stat boost I don't think it is that worthwhile. Endure I am not sure of at all, chip dmg from sand storm?

edit: with the mention of Ancient Power I guess the whole team is walled by a physical tank. Magnezone with magnet pull, thou it's also just another fighting weak mon as well. Not to many good special mons for the team, could look outside of rock/ground/steel however.

< Message edited by afterlifex -- 2/17/2017 13:31:33 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> Out of Context >> Pokemon Thread 108.5: thread 108 met with a terrible fate
Page 1 of 3123>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition