Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AQ3D= Feedback Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest 3D] >> AdventureQuest 3D General Discussion >> RE: =AQ3D= Feedback Thread
Page 3 of 7«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/27/2017 10:15:58   
XeNON_54

@LadyYennifer
But then... how will they balance the mobs for the newbies?
Won't they become useless in the fight if they don't scale them too?

Maybe just set the scale level to 5 or maybe even 10 instead of 2?
Post #: 51
5/27/2017 12:55:22   
oishii
fish

XeNON_54 is correct; we use scaling so that players of ALL levels are able to participate.

Keep in mind that if you are a high level player with high level gear, you will still be appropriately more powerful while fighting. Even with scaling, lower levels often *still* have a disadvantage. If you are worried that you are not properly OP, then fear not, you are still OP; the only thing that is different is that you see a 2 instead of a 17.
Post #: 52
5/27/2017 21:14:34   
LoliFebri

Wish there was an in-game setting explanation on how our levels/stat drop like "Dragonlord Talyn casted a huge AoE debuff spell on Battleon to let his minions easily trample and wreck havoc(.)" or something... At least it doesn't make the event plot so half-ass'd...
Post #: 53
5/30/2017 8:19:55   
LouisCyphere

I like how most of the items we have in the game are perma-rare permanent which is a good thing since AQ3D is in a much bigger platform, Steam (and not to mention one of the most critical platform in PC).
I would like to see this trend to continue since the devs stated early in development that they don't want to focus on rares.

Now, as for the game. Since we will now celebrate the 1 year in October. Shouldn't there be more Quality of Life improvements? So far, the devs are still focusing on content.
They should focus first on the core mechanics of the game. I won't mention some suggestions since it should belong to another thread but there's very little difference in terms of gameplay back in Alpha.

As in any game, development of core gameplay or mechanics should come first before delivering content.

EDIT: I must be half-asleep when I was typing. I meant permanent instead of perma-rare. I like permanent things NOT perma-rare things

< Message edited by LouisCyphere -- 5/31/2017 16:51:22 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 54
5/31/2017 2:27:03   
Retrosaur

Brushing up the game should always come at the end when all mechanics have been implemented. Having a skeleton of a game and trying to dress-up Mr. Bones isn't going to do your game any good. I appreciate the approach AE is using and going for hybrid development where both mechanics and QoL are being looked at simultaneously and being implemented.
AQW Epic  Post #: 55
5/31/2017 10:58:56   
LouisCyphere

Alright, for the Defender/Invasion/War event.
Shouldn't we have a War Meter or something?
It doesn't feel like we're defending Battleon. It's more like farming to get stuff. There's no incentive to farm aside from items or any negative consequences if we don't kill these invasion mobs.

Also, I'm not sure what to feel about the second wave. There's not much difference from the first wave aside from the mobs. Same DM drop for example.

< Message edited by LouisCyphere -- 5/31/2017 10:59:51 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 56
5/31/2017 11:56:39   
Vypie

quote:

I like how most of the items we have in the game are perma-rare

Not at all. Almost everything with limited time is seasonal. And the items from before Beta will return one day, too. There are some exceptions that do not include Kickstarter/Alpha/Beta, but it's not their focus.
There are reasons why it's a HORRIBLE trend to have the game focus more on perma-limited things:

1- Players feel VERY discouraged from starting to play a new game if they feel they missed on many things. This includes not only items, but also events.
2- Extra work goes into creating more items that will be used only by a smaller amount of players, and will never be seen again. It's not efficient OR optimized.
3- If a third of your content doesn't exist anymore, then for newer players the game doesn't have much to offer or to discover. Instead, focus on expanding the whole game permanently that everyone can enjoy no matter when they started.
Epic  Post #: 57
5/31/2017 12:58:44   
talker12

quote:

Shouldn't we have a War Meter or something?
It doesn't feel like we're defending Battleon. It's more like farming to get stuff. There's no incentive to farm aside from items or any negative consequences if we don't kill these invasion mobs.

I completely agree. The wars have always been my favorite components from every Artix game. Nostalgia for that war meter is what brought me back to playing these games after years of absence. I loved the idea of racing against the clock, fearing the consequences of failure, the community rallying together for a common goal, and winning rewards. Most importantly I like to think that how well or poorly we do in a war will actually impact the game. Artix games have always made me feel like we are actually taking part in creating the world/story.

This current AQ3D system does not feel like that at all. To be honest, the setup seems to indicate that even if none of us killed a single creature in Battleon the waves would come in at preset times and the conclusion of the war is predetermined. That may not be the case, but the fact that it feels that way is incredibly disappointing.

Essentially the feedback is simple: Make wars feel high stakes (preferably actually make them high stakes, but at the very least make them feel that way)
MQ  Post #: 58
5/31/2017 16:53:02   
LouisCyphere

@Vypie:
When I read your post, I recognize that I had switched between perma-rare and permanent. I rather like permanent things and not perma-rare.
Those things that you've point our are also the things why there's few players in AQW as an MMO.
I edited my post for clarification.

@talker12:
I definitely agree. In DF, war there is taken more seriously because there HAS been consequences.
So I'm a bit disappointed with how the war is handled in AQ3D.

< Message edited by LouisCyphere -- 5/31/2017 16:54:47 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 59
5/31/2017 20:51:45   
Fallen Crest

quote:

A world event is something that very few other games ever do. A world event only happens once, and it will very likely permanently change the world. AdventureQuest 3D does not yet have a war system, nor a faction/rep system, nor most of the awesome event tools we made for the other games. But the team used everything they had at their disposal to create a fun world event for you that will start this week. We really hope you enjoy it.

Taken from Design Notes

Cmon guys, at least give them credit for making something. Definitely not supposed to be nor will it continue to be like this in the future wars.
AQW  Post #: 60
6/1/2017 5:10:17   
Vypie

@LouisCyphere
Ah, that makes more sense now! thanks for clarifying :)
Epic  Post #: 61
6/1/2017 5:59:09   
LouisCyphere

@Fallen Crest:
The problem is that, they need to make a good first impression. Yes we know that their games are works in progress since we played AE games before. But for those not familiar with AE, it will be hard to convince them to stay if the first impression is not good. Especially when it comes to Steam where AQ3D has a Mixed rating.
And this is coming from someone who played AE games since AQC.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 62
6/1/2017 9:30:23   
LoliFebri

<Deleted due to the foolishness of my little brother; he should have created a forum account and made that question.>
Sorry for the inconvenience...

< Message edited by LoliFebri -- 6/1/2017 18:50:33 >
Post #: 63
6/1/2017 9:54:06   
talker12

quote:

quote:

A world event is something that very few other games ever do. A world event only happens once, and it will very likely permanently change the world. AdventureQuest 3D does not yet have a war system, nor a faction/rep system, nor most of the awesome event tools we made for the other games. But the team used everything they had at their disposal to create a fun world event for you that will start this week. We really hope you enjoy it.

Taken from Design Notes

Cmon guys, at least give them credit for making something. Definitely not supposed to be nor will it continue to be like this in the future wars.

To be honest I had forgotten about that excerpt. However, I think some of my suggestions are still relevant.

1. They did not specify what the contents of the "war system" would be in the future. I hope it reflects that of AQ and DF (percentages, consequences, rewards, etc)

2. This "World Event" is not a war so many of my comments are irrelevant with one major exception. The design notes say "it will very likely permanently change the world" and I think that is a great thing. However, I'm disappointed that the endgame has been telegraphed and predetermined. Battleon will be destroyed and rebuilt into the new design they have been working on. That is going to happen no matter what we do and none of our actions has a community will make any impact on that (as far as we know at this point). I just think the player base taking a more active role in shaping these game changing events is one of the strongest elements in any Artix game and should be implemented.

PS - I do really appreciate that they have created a story reason for a major improvement in art/design/etc to Battleon. I just want more community level challenges/test/democracy like AQ/DF have famously implemented on countless occasions.
MQ  Post #: 64
6/1/2017 10:09:07   
  WhiteTiger

Majestic Feline of AQ3D & ED

LoliFebri:

The time zone for anything AE will always be in Eastern Time (EST/EDT), unless otherwise stated.
AQW Epic  Post #: 65
6/1/2017 11:37:05   
LoliFebri

WhiteTiger:
I just got hysteria'd by the first release of dragon invasion.. I guess so? *Megacon xD*
Thanks for the confirmation! :D

Please forget the insolence of my little brother. I have forgot to log out my forum account in my laptop.

< Message edited by LoliFebri -- 6/1/2017 18:46:26 >
Post #: 66
6/5/2017 1:00:10   
Sypherix

There's too much cosmetic items around now.. This game is slowly turning into AQW3d. What do you guys think?
AQW  Post #: 67
6/5/2017 4:40:39   
LouisCyphere

I think so too. Although it's hard to give them a slack despite having very few core members because AQ3D has "symptoms" of being AQW.
I'm pretty sure most of us here wants a more polished gameplay rather than focusing on content.

I know that the staff might be worried that they would lose players if they don't release content but they should focus on core mechanics because that's what makes the game alive in the long run.

I really hope that Artix or Cysero actually reads the comments in the forums.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 68
6/5/2017 5:06:12   
LoliFebri

@Sypherix: On the point of AQ3D having too much cosmetic items, I'll disagree with what you have said since there are too many usable items starting from level 1 up to 17. I think you're looking for new items that have good stat allocation but there are plenty of items to choose from uncommon items to epic items in the game.
Regarding cosmetic items: No offense but some gamers tend to become hypocrites regarding cosmetic items due to jealousy and/or individuality.

This might be rude to everybody but we always succumb to obliviousness regarding the rarity/usefulness of items in games due to the desire of playing efficiently.

Generally speaking, people tend to become oblivious to "facts" when reaching a high ground.
If applied to Social Economic Class Wants & Needs, when your salary is high, your needs/wants would become also high; also applicable otherwise.

< Message edited by LoliFebri -- 6/5/2017 5:14:02 >
Post #: 69
6/5/2017 5:10:08   
LouisCyphere

@Febri:
We also have to consider that AQ3D has another demography to satisfy which is Steam users and they're much more critical about the game compared to most AE fans.
We can't just be complacent with what we have now or what AQ3D is doing that's very similar to AQW.
And with the Mixed rating for AQ3D in Steam. People are going to stay away from this game unless the ratings go up.

Otherwise AQ3D is just going to be another AQW with its players mostly coming from other AE games and not expanding its player base.
Stuck in its own bubble and not wanting to change.

< Message edited by LouisCyphere -- 6/5/2017 5:14:48 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 70
6/5/2017 5:33:34   
LoliFebri

[Huge load of text deleted]

I'll just forcibly end the topic here before I end up arguing like a frenzied snake. (or preach about human ethics and psychology)
There's also no point in arguing in this topic since we all want AQ3D get better.
If we think about steam players, we'll mostly get childish criticisms and rantings of players. Most of them would ignore the fact that the game is about venturing into the unknown.

On a side note, let's go for an idiotic approach on thinking how to make AQ3D better since it's easier to understand and thought-provoking. +catchy
Well, it's not a bad idea, right?

< Message edited by LoliFebri -- 6/5/2017 5:40:21 >
Post #: 71
6/5/2017 5:43:55   
Vypie

quote:

I think so too. Although it's hard to give them a slack despite having very few core members because AQ3D has "symptoms" of being AQW.
I'm pretty sure most of us here wants a more polished gameplay rather than focusing on content.

I know that the staff might be worried that they would lose players if they don't release content but they should focus on core mechanics because that's what makes the game alive in the long run.

I really hope that Artix or Cysero actually reads the comments in the forums.

I agree, we need those gameplay improvements now more than ever. But they are working on it.

The developers that program new tools and features are not necessarily the same ones that utilize them to create new maps, creatures, items, dungeons, etc. (Artists are not programming or coding stuff, for example.)
They can continue releasing new content with their existing tools without compromising upcoming features.

What i'm getting the feeling of is that maybe they are low on programmers in proportion to the artists.

< Message edited by Vypie -- 6/5/2017 5:44:34 >
Epic  Post #: 72
6/5/2017 5:51:01   
LouisCyphere

@Vypie:
They're really low on staff members.
To quote Oishii in a Steam discussion thread
quote:

The same team that does code and programming for new features; as well as features requested for upcoming content is the same team that works on bugs. Keep in mind that they still need to debug the new features that they are working on too.

For example, that team is currently working on the environmental damage feature, new features for the upcoming Ashfall saga, new quest functionality, the new and improved XP curve and quest redistribution, the brand new stats overhaul (as well as combat improvements), the new classes overhaul, all of the new UI features and design - trying to make all these new things as stable and bug free as possible - and *still* work on fixing current bugs. (They are also working on stability issues as well as other back-end improvements that are not visible to the normal user).

This is the same team that recently brought you things like the Kickstarter map with all of its special shop functionality, all of the new UI options and settings, the Party system, the combat tweaks, the Dungeon Instance system, the bank, everything that was new and cool in Ashfall, and cosmetic items to name a few.

I can count the number of members of this team on one hand, to give you an idea of how big that team is.

Hope that gives you some more insight!

Aside from the complementary bugs with each new update, they should tone down the content first and focus on gameplay.
I think having an update once a month is fine. And that update should mostly focus on gameplay improvement.

Otherwise, it's like sending an unfinished game that you'll have to patch up.
First Impression do matter when it comes to games.
No Man's Sky comes into mind when games focus too much on content rather than on gameplay.
And I'm even seeing similarities between No Man's Sky and AQ3D, there's too much grinding involved because there's not much depth in gameplay.

< Message edited by LouisCyphere -- 6/5/2017 5:55:37 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 73
6/5/2017 12:12:40   
Vypie

Wow, I knew that team was small, but I never thought it was THAT small. :O

But still, that team is not who creates the dungeons/maps/monsters/art/items. This means they can at least still add content that doesn't bring new features. (So between each month, like you suggested, they could add something small just to keep players visiting)
But these dungeons/maps/monsters would certainly benefit from the gameplay redesign, so that they can be made more fun.

Heh, even grinding would become pleasant if the gameplay was more engaging.

< Message edited by Vypie -- 6/5/2017 12:16:32 >
Epic  Post #: 74
6/5/2017 12:17:15   
LouisCyphere

That's a huge if and the next revamp might make or break the game because right now the game is too similar to AQW in terms of gameplay.
It needs something to differentiate itself from AQW.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest 3D] >> AdventureQuest 3D General Discussion >> RE: =AQ3D= Feedback Thread
Page 3 of 7«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition