Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =Q&A= Houses, Estates, and Portals

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Q&A >> RE: =Q&A= Houses, Estates, and Portals
Page 2 of 5<12345>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/29/2017 12:08:36   
afterlifex
Legend-X

A part of estate efficiency is resource production, any invasions or upkeep cost like with a higher lvl GT cuts into that. Lower production per hour in turn lowers your kill/exp/gold gain during a war.

As for GT vs MWP, there has been testing done in the past but I am an not sure if anyone has tried an absurd number of guards either. That said Capt. Rhubarb has said it is less efficient by design.

The issue there however is cost to sent your guards to war, the higher your guards power them more it's going to cost. The more then cost the fewer "casts", the fewer casts the more likley you are to be affected by the RNG. It's the principle behind using half armies with the MWP(if the option is available), which was tested. For a high end GT to be better it has to have A) a range far exceeding a MWP both at the low and top end for a better average & B) have a higher enough average to off set the fewer casts
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 26
7/25/2017 11:27:43   
battlesiege15

Are house guests not getting the discount from the new token pricing update?
AQ AQW  Post #: 27
7/25/2017 13:41:01   
afterlifex
Legend-X

As far as I know, no. At least not in the same time frame, they must use a different system/format since they weren't auto done.

edit: I will see if I can dig some info up.

< Message edited by afterlifex -- 7/25/2017 13:48:12 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 28
7/26/2017 11:36:34   
battlesiege15

Alright, thanks! I'll post in the token pricing update GD and hope Capt sees it as well.
AQ AQW  Post #: 29
8/3/2017 7:53:16   
Pepp
Lives to Slay Dragons!

what is the deal with the Celestial tag on some of the lower lever houses? was this due to the reduction of token costs?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 30
8/10/2017 23:22:44   
Pepp
Lives to Slay Dragons!

anyone?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 31
8/11/2017 1:20:50   
Lord Markov

Some houses are built in the "Celestial Haven" location like others are built in Darkovia, Greenguard, etc. if that's what your talking about. It just means they have different art and the log house estate has access to the Celestial Haven "specialized" estate building called the Enchanted Grove.

That's the only "Celestial" tag I'm seeing on anything so I presume that's what your looking at.
AQ  Post #: 32
9/13/2017 9:49:43   
UKTone

My mega world portal is level 10, my Trescol and Kairula reputations are 11, if i put them in the shared vault and my other character has them, would the mwp go down to 0, 1, or 9? Would the Trescol/Kairula reputations be the same or start over?

Say i just give them back to my main character without doing anything with them, what happens?

Does the having both Trescol/Kairula make the other give more xp/gold?

Which portal is better? Does one give more xp than gold or vice versa or both?

Does the reputation affect the amounts you get? Is having both at 11 disadvantageous? 11 is the max right?

How much better is the mwp than the guard tower for xp?

Are there still no formula or anything to help us figure out about how much xp/gold we could get?

Also, how much resources do you use for the wars for guards half, full, and same for mwp?

Sorry for so many questions (feel like i forgot one though lol) about just the guard tower and mwp (trescol and kairula as well).

Thanks in advance.

< Message edited by UKTone -- 9/13/2017 9:51:28 >
AQ  Post #: 33
9/22/2017 2:04:19   
Skull Kid

quote:

My mega world portal is level 10, my Trescol and Kairula reputations are 11, if i put them in the shared vault and my other character has them, would the mwp go down to 0, 1, or 9? Would the Trescol/Kairula reputations be the same or start over?

Say i just give them back to my main character without doing anything with them, what happens?

Transferring house items will remove one level off of them. I see any reason why reputations would be affected by removing the Portal.

quote:

Does the having both Trescol/Kairula make the other give more xp/gold?

No, I don't think they affect each other at all.

quote:

Does the reputation affect the amounts you get? Is having both at 11 disadvantageous? 11 is the max right?

Greater your reputation, stronger your armies are. Yes, 11 is the max. IIRC

And also the MWP is far superior to the Guard Tower in terms of strength and efficiency.

QUESTIONS:

I'm planning on buying the cheapest estate and build one museum on my alt adventurer characters for more GGBs. I just have enough tokens to buy the Forest Log Cabin Estate and transfer the museum from another character. I just want to make sure of two things before I go ahead and spend the tokens.

1) Does the Museum give you the free GGB even when it doesn't have the required wood, food and energy?

2) Will it continue to give GGBs when it's invaded as well?

Cheers,
Skull Kid.

< Message edited by Skull Kid -- 9/22/2017 2:18:26 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 34
9/22/2017 10:02:06   
afterlifex
Legend-X

1) you can just leave it at lvl 1, it's not till later lvls there is an upkeep.

2) I assume there is only a check for it being built or not but I am not sure.

edit:
note: it's going to take a LONG time to break even token wise compared to just buying GGB.

< Message edited by afterlifex -- 9/22/2017 10:03:03 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 35
9/24/2017 0:46:37   
Skull Kid

quote:

edit: note: it's going to take a LONG time to break even token wise compared to just buying GGB.

Downgrading from the old Forest Log Cabin Estate to the new one for my 3rd alt will give me just enough for the new Cabin Estate and Museum. And selling my old Forest Stone Cottage will net enough tokens for 2 museums, and another new Cabin Estate.

House token gain loss every two weeks = old Cabin Estate+ Stone Cottage - 2*new Cabin Estates(costs 2325 tokens) = 31+60 - 23+23(1% of 2325 approx.) = 91-46 = 45 tokens per two weeks

So every month I gain 90 less tokens than I would have without downgrading houses to buy the museum.

And I'd gain 750/600 tokens every month due to 3 GGBs. If I took x months to manage to gain 9000 tokens from the GGBs minus the downgrading z token investment cost.

750x - 90x = 9000 ; x=14 months approximately
(or)
600x - 90x = 9000 ; x=18 months approximately

Even after factoring in lost token gain per month due to downgrading houses, the break even point is less than 1.5 years, after which I'd be getting an average of +565 tokens per month. I haven't missed anything have I?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 36
11/5/2017 15:22:18   
bluchill

is there a 'magical' level for the guard tower at which it doesn't drain too many resources but it still does its job of protection and sending the guards off to war?

estate item list

what would be the downfall of decreasing its level to lvl 8 or even 7?
AQ DF  Post #: 37
11/5/2017 17:01:20   
  DragonUltraMaster
I am Moglin!

bluchill, above:
quote:

Question: What can I do to reduce the chance of being attacked?
Answer: In order to reduce the chance of being attacked, you can buy a Guard Tower. Each Guard Tower Level is equal to having 200 Levels of Guards. Captain Rhubarb told us that every 5 levels of guard tower subtracts four levels from a building in terms of getting attacked.
I suppose it would be easier for your estates to be attacked if you keep it at lower levels. Also I would assume that sending your guards to war would be less efficent aswell, but I can't say if there is a "magical" level for it.

//D.U.M
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 38
11/9/2017 6:27:17   
fuzzyhamito

my apologies in advance if im incorrect for posting this (here).
but nowhere could i find any info regarding on how to obtain an army in the first place to send to war.
i havent been an active player for more than 5 years or so and i just recently started playing again.
with all the new additions and what not, this all goes way over my head.
so my question is as follow: how do you build an army at your estate for the portal thing?
AQ  Post #: 39
11/9/2017 8:37:28   
afterlifex
Legend-X

From this topic:
quote:

Question: How do I send armies from other planets to fight in wars?
Answer: You need a Mega World Portal and either a Portal to Kairula or a Portal to Trescol painting. If you own these items, go to your estate, click on the Mega World Portal, then click on "Portal". A menu with some options will open. Choose which war you want your army to fight in, from which planet you want to summon the army from and the size of the army. Once you have made your decisions, click on "Send". If you have enough resources, the army will then fight in that war, otherwise you are told that you don't have enough resources. You are told how many waves your army has defeated and you are given gold and exp rewards. The portal will not work if it is under attack or upgrading.
The number of waves defeated by your army appears as "guard wins" under "War Battle Records" on your character page.

You seem to have everything you need already so....
First you will have to use the painting to got to the world and set your reputation which affects your armies power (7 or 8 rep is suggested). Then next time there is a war just follow the above.

In the mean time just update the resource producers.

< Message edited by afterlifex -- 11/9/2017 8:40:38 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 40
11/9/2017 9:25:17   
fuzzyhamito

i was able to find that info, it states how to use the portal.
but unforunetaly, it does not answer how to build an army in the first place for me to be able to send them to war.
sending an army is not really an issue, rather just how to acquiire an army.
again my apologies, in case my question was not properly formed to be understood clearly.
i do however would like to thank you for taking you time in providing an answer.

< Message edited by fuzzyhamito -- 11/9/2017 9:47:54 >
AQ  Post #: 41
11/9/2017 9:28:40   
afterlifex
Legend-X

Which is why I added a little more than just the quote to my answer

Once you go to the world via the painting and set your rep(i.e. do the "quests" on the world) that's all there is to it. Done, you have your army and the quote handles the rest.

< Message edited by afterlifex -- 11/9/2017 9:30:33 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 42
11/9/2017 9:49:45   
fuzzyhamito

thank you very much, i must have overlooked that, sorry.
i know what i nees to know. :)
AQ  Post #: 43
11/20/2017 20:26:15   
Macho Man

Question, with the recent interest nerf how does it work exactly? Does the estate grow in a consistent rate each time or is it based on a percentage based on it's current value, ie making it better overtime and snowball. Asking cause I'm wondering if I should sell and buy back an estate during the new ztoken event.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 44
11/20/2017 20:29:09   
afterlifex
Legend-X

Works the same way it always has just at 1% every 2 weeks rather than every week.

Interest is based off the price you paid at the time of purchase. So buying a house at a discount means less interest.

quote:

Question: I have players heard about making a profit off their houses. How does this work?
Answer: Your house's sellback increases over time. The initial sell back price is 90% of the original buying price. The value of the house will increase by 1% of its original buying price every 2 weeks in total, starting from when you first bought it. The sellback is updated every day. In other words, it increases by about 0.07% every day. There is no cap to the house values.
This only applies to the house's buying price. None of the house items increases the amount of interest your house generates.

< Message edited by afterlifex -- 11/20/2017 20:30:35 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 45
11/20/2017 20:55:03   
Macho Man

Always with that reliable quick response, thanks ALX!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 46
11/21/2017 1:49:06   
Silver Sky Magician

Do you need to have the Museum installed to enjoy the free GGB benefit or can it just be in your inventory?
Post #: 47
11/21/2017 10:24:15   
afterlifex
Legend-X

quote:

Do players receive free boxes?
Upon upgrade to Guardian status a character gains two free GGBs, Guardians will also automatically be given one free GGB when they first log in each month. (This applies to all Guardian characters on your account, so you do not need to log in to each individual character.) Additionally the estate building Museum will reward one GGB upon first log in of a month if built on your estate. (This applies only the the character with the building.)

Part of #7 of: =AQ= Frequently Asked Questions
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 48
11/29/2017 23:55:14   
UKTone

I remember reading that no matter how guard power you have, there is always a chance for a building to be attacked. But for the most part (or as much as possible that's effective, not looking for a buy all the guards answer or something lol), how much guard power would you need to protect level 15 and level 20 estates with and without a level 15 guard tower?

For mega world portal and guard tower during wars, do your house guards affect how much xp/gold you get from either of them or both?

Edit: Why is 7 or 8 rep suggested for the Paintings? I thought the higher the better... (referring to post #40 here).

< Message edited by UKTone -- 11/29/2017 23:58:50 >
AQ  Post #: 49
11/30/2017 9:04:19   
afterlifex
Legend-X

1) there seems to be a point where you can't get invaded and many would attest to this.
2) Not something that can really be answered best you can do is look at someone else's CP. Thou somewhere around 10 to 15 high lvl guards and a handful of low lvl/gold guards. (see CP for base idea)
edit: looking at your CP you should be close if not there already

3) for the guard tower yes that's how it works.

4)Through community testing in the past 7full and 8half were agreed upon as being the most consistent. While higher rep does give more power it also comes with a higher cost. As well your rewards are within a range. So you might spend 3 times the resources but you won't always get 3 times the return.

This is not to say you shouldn't experiment on your own but if someone is going to ask that's the answer they are going to get.

< Message edited by afterlifex -- 11/30/2017 9:16:53 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Q&A >> RE: =Q&A= Houses, Estates, and Portals
Page 2 of 5<12345>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition