AQWorlds Patch Notes
Check the list of bug fixes to see what the team has addressed
Reens, Cemaros and the AQW Bug Hunter team are busy squashing the bugs you submit each week to the Bug Tracker at www.Artix.com/bugs.
Please do not send non-release bugs on Twitter. They will get lost. Make sure you send bug report forms!
Check back weekly to see if the bug you reported has been addressed. Please remember that not all bugs are "easy fixes" so some reported and confirmed bugs from each week may not be on the fixed list as they will require more time or a different person to fix them.
If you would like to know how the reports go from you to fixed, check this page:
October 16, 2018
- Twilly’s Platinum Dragon Friend description updated.
- Paragon’s/Nation’s Dragon Wings quest descriptions have been updated.
- The button in /orecavern that was supposed to take you to /ancienttemple actually takes you there now.
Not Fixed & Why:
- Projectionist Top Hat missing the brain part - this one was really weird! The missing bit was only if you had finished past a certain quest, which is why it was so hard to track down. It is now fixed!
- Ghostly/Forgotten Navals Male secondary/extra belt has been unbelted.
- Eternal Champion’s Wings have stopped changing colours.
- Xiang’s Evil/Dual/Good Wings no longer turn 90 degrees when you move.
October 9, 2018
- This isn’t really a not-fixed, but I’ll list it here anyway. The Evolved Lightcaster has always been unselleable during Aranx’s birthday event. It will be sellable again tomorrow.
- Imp in old city part of Mobius now attackable.
- Mitsubishi’s AC Shop is back in business.
- Winters Dark Solstice Female top and bottom are now aligned, and arm has been fixed.
- An entire zoo of pets moved off many legs!
Not Fixed & Why:
- Chaos Lord Healer / Warrior / Mage / Rogue
- Voltaire's Baby Black Unicorn Pet
- Bright Dragon Battle Pet
- Shadow Dragon Pet
- Cursed Platinum Monkey
- ALL the Paragon Pets
- Fearfeast is a Harvest map, not a Mogloween one.
Eternal Skull Pirate Helm & Skelly Things In General.
So we’re back on Non Standard Armours and Set Pieces again. Skeleton heads in general do not cover the player head. In order to get them to cover, we need to either upsize the head or put blackout pieces behind the head. The Ghostly Naval Commander is an example of an oversized head. This is why the chin sticks out from behind helms that were not specifically crafted for it. The Eternal Skull Pirate Helm uses the blackout piece so that it did not have to be made huge, and will fit on standard sized armours.
Armours themselves do not come with ears. This is so that your ear, or an ear that is supposed to be on a hat will not interfere with the look. This can cause some fun though, when you have an armour like Invisible Ninja or any of the Symbiote armours. We can’t remove the ear because it isn’t on the armour, it’s on your head. If you need to get rid of one of these ghosty ears, you will need to change your hairstyle/head to the style “Blank” in Yulgar’s change room.
October 1, 2018
- September Seasonal Shop items are now tagged Seasonal instead of Rare.
- Akiba and Yokai River maps have now stopped celebrating the Star Festival.
- “Interruption” cutscene in /manor had a few minor fixes: weapon not loading and some CC issues.
- Golden Commander’s Back Cutlass (sword) renamed to Golden Commander’s Cutlass.
Not Fixed & Why:
- Meta Sneevil moved back out ya bidness.
- Dragonkoiz exit arrow is now in shiny silver instead of glorious gold.
- Ghostly Naval Commander chin sticking out below other helms. See Non-Standard Set Items please. Skeletal things do this as a way to cover the actual head.
- Mace of the Blessed Inquisitor not having glowy bits is intentional. It’s the Blessed Inquisitor’s power which makes the glow. The Hero does not have that power.
- Not all items in a release are going to be AC tagged. This is not a bug when they are not.
Hey Folks! Once again, we are still getting a royal ton of reports which are all solvable by clearing your cache. There has even been a reminder put on the Bug Tracker report page to clear your cache. We're really serious when we say we can't fix this for you. This is something only you can do.
So please, CLEAR YOUR CACHE before reporting a bug.
September 25, 2018
- Ada's Light Scythe, Legion Skull Mace and Mask of Laken are now officially rare.
- Guncraft Commander’s Tricorn added to the Pirate Collection 2018 shop.
- Spirit Enntropy Pet and Enntropy Pet names and descriptions fixed.
- Explorer Naval seasonal hats returned to Quibble’s shop.
- Items in Quibble missing descriptions have now been described.
Not Fixed & Why:
- Male Vampire Naval Commander skin showing on run has been fixed.
- Fantasy Bard female broken arm has been realigned.
- Voltaire’s Baby Black Unicorn Pet has been taught to heel.
- Undead Warrior Judge glow on belt skull removed to match the rest of the skulls.
- Necromancer & variants have had the ears chopped off. RIGHT OFF!
- More places where Gravelyn was flirting have now been deemed “no flirting” zones.
- Paladin Helms in Doompally cutscenes colour fixed. We took their trainee helms away.
- Vampire Naval Commander being “fatter” is exactly the way Lae intended it to be.
- Vampire Naval Commander weird highlight effect when clicked on is because of the transforming bits.
It’s that time again. We are getting a LOT of reports on two very basic issues which are not bugs.
The first is “my class won’t rank up”. This is not a bug. This is a case of you need to hit things that are big enough to give you class points. Right now, class points are awarded on a descending scale based on your level vs monster level. If the monster is your level, or higher, you get full points. If the monster is a lower level than you, each level it is lower than you deducts 5% of the points it can award. This means that once a monster is 20 levels smaller than you, it no longer awards class points. Please watch the monsters you are fighting!
The next is all the various things that are caused by not clearing your cache. For a list of the most common things that happen when you need to clear your cache, you can refer back to these Design Notes.
So please! Always Clear Your Cache before sending a bug report. This is not a game issue. It’s a browser thing. We can’t fix your browser. YOU CAN!
Old Patch Notes:
September 17, 2018
September 10, 2018
September 5, 2018
August 27, 2018
August 20, 2018
August 13, 2018
August 7, 2018
July 30, 2018
July 24, 2018
July 16, 2018
July 3, 2018
June 25, 2018
June 18, 2018
June 11, 2018
June 4, 2018
May 28, 2018
May 21, 2018
14 May 2018
May 7, 2018
April 30, 2018
April 23, 2018
April 16, 2018
April 9, 2018
April 2, 2018
March 26, 2018
March 19, 2018
March 13, 2018
March 5, 2018
February 26, 2018
February 19, 2018
February 12, 2018
February 5, 2018
January 29, 2018
January 22, 2018
January 15, 2018
January 8, 2018
January 2, 2018
December 18, 2017
December 11, 2017
December 4, 2017
November 27, 2017
November 20, 2017
November 13, 2017
November 6, 2017
October 30, 2017
October 23, 2017
October 16, 2017
October 9, 2017
October 1, 2017
Class Updates from Arklen and team!
Arklen and the Class Design Team will now also be giving some information*** on what they work on each week. Arklen would also like to let you know you can give him feedback on classes on his twitter - @Arklen_AE
***Obviously secret things like details of unreleased classes won’t appear here.
****Classes may be subject to change, determined by player feedback. DNs will be posted in that event.
March 13, 2018
This will also be the last week that Class things appear in the Patch Notes. Arklen is going to begin posting DNs about class changes now. So no more getting lost in the shuffle!
Soul Cleaver/Exalted Soul Cleaver/Dark Harbinger/Exalted Harbinger
Scarlet Sorceress to Blood Sorcerer
- Blood Price - Removed `Exalted` stacking buff
- Blood Price - `Blood Price` damage increased by 5% granting a total of 125% all out increase.
Please refer to THIS Design Notes post for detailed information about this change.
Class Team Note: Consumable Potions/Elixirs/Tonics/Scrolls max stack has been raised to 99! A few consumables items such as ‘Potion of Haste’ has been limited to 30. The Arcangrove daily potions such as ‘Elder’s Blood’ are still limited to 3.
March 5, 2018
Class Team Note: Classic Legion Doomknight, Classic Exalted Soul cleaver, Classic Soul Cleaver are all considered rare classes. Over the weekend, Classic Legion Doomknight accidentally returned for 2,000 ACs and has been since corrected in the shop.
February 26, 2018
Classic Soul Cleaver/Classic Exalted Soul Cleaver
Class Team Note: Over the upcoming weeks, a few class skill icons will be getting updated.
- Blood Price - No longer gives a random Damage over Time.
- Blood Price - Now gives the correct 75% damage increase
February 19, 2018
- ‘Armageddon’ - ‘Arbiter’s Wrath’ now gives 30% crit damage
- ‘Armageddon’ - ‘Arbiter’s Wrath’ duration now lasts for 8 seconds
- ‘Slingshot Web’ - Description has been updated.
Any classes that had a large amount of space in front of their description has been removed.
- ‘Destiny or Doom’ - Description has been updated.
Class Team Note: These Void Highlord changes should increase your damage short term and have you hitting even bigger crits! The description to Armageddon was incorrect previously as Arbiter’s Wraith was only providing 20% crit damage until now.
Notes from the Bug Hunters
Hey everyone! We the Bug Hunters would like to give you a few links, point out a few things about the process, and basically give a bit of insight into the process so that you know what's going on from when you encounter and report a bug onwards. So first, check out these links.
PTR Bug Reports - While this DNs is technically about PTR bug reports, it has some good tips about useful information to have in a report.
Bug Reporting FAQ - An overview of the pipeline for when a bug report comes in.
Known Bugs - This list has known bugs, so reports that come in on these will get closed right away and not tested.
Screenshots - A Patch Notes Extra section on how to supply us with useful screenshots.
Now, some things to keep in mind and a bit of insight into how bug hunting works!
1. Art stuff tends to be pretty subjective. Say you send in a report saying something is positioned strangely or has weird colours or the like. Assuming it goes to the Hunters (Cemaros and Tris will go through them first to weed out ones that aren't a bug and/or need a reply email), we'll take a look at it. We'll often make some comparisons to other armours, weapons, etc. to see if it looks like it's off. If it is, we'll send it up, but that doesn't necessarily mean it will be changed. So if you submit a report about something being positioned weird and it never changes, it might be either deemed unnecessary or it might be so old that it's not going to be changed. Alternately, if the artist sends something in one way and it looks weird and gets reported, it might stay, simply because that's how the artist submitted it.
2. Dage and Nulgath items will usually only be tested with their own sets. They will sometimes use different templates or do wacky things with their sets. As a result, these items will pretty much only be tested within their own set, so if something doesn't fit with other items in the game (cape wings positioned too high, for example) but it goes fine with the set it is intended for, it'll likely stay.
3. Testing can take a while. There have been cases where multiple Hunters tried to replicate a bug but failed, but another Hunter through one convoluted process or another managed to replicate the bug so it could be sent up months later. So if you report a bug, don't necessarily expect it to be fixed by the following week (if, indeed, it'll be fixed at all). Sometimes it'll take quite a while for someone to figure out the correct way to replicate the issue.
4. As alluded to in a couple of the above points, sending in a bug report doesn't guarantee something will be changed. There are usually a ton of reasons why, but ultimately the final decision falls upon Cemaros, Tris, and Reens. They can pass bug reports to the Hunters, and we can look at them and send them up, but sometimes decisions will be made even before it goes to the Hunters or other times they'll look at the result and decide it's not going to change. If they decide that it's not an issue that can be fixed, then nothing can be done.
5. If you don't report it, we can't fix it! There is that list in second link above of bugs that the reports will be immediately closed for, but if your bug isn't on that list, report it! Changes to the system as well as Bug Hunter Leads means sometimes things get overlooked or forgotten, so a fresh report might be needed to get the process to fix it going. It's better to have three or four reports of the same issue rather than having no reports and it being unfixed. Remember, you need to use the Bug Tracker for reports! Things given on the forums, whether it is in this thread or elsewhere, will not be considered valid reports and will not be looked into.
6. Screenshots are amazing. Please be sure to read the section at the end of the first link above about screenshots. They're a huge help for us when looking at a report because they let us see what you're seeing so we know what to be on the lookout for. If you can include a screenshot, do! That said, you'd be surprised at the amount of information we can get from a full screen image that you may not think is helpful so please, do not crop the image down! Give us an image of the entire game screen and if necessary add indicators like circles or arrows to point out the problem spot(s).
7. PTR bugs may go unfixed for a little while, so if you're in the habit of playing on those servers, be aware of that. There are some bugs that arise in PTR that may not be fixable without breaking things in live servers, so they'll have to wait until the rewrite goes live to be fixed. Bear with us on these!
8. Please do yourself and us a favour and hit O or check the options and see what server you are one. While it would be nice if all servers were the same, the fact is sometimes things break on one server (usually Artix) that don't break on another, so we need to know which server to test it on. While there is an option of "I don't remember", that doesn't help us as much, so please take the extra couple seconds to double check your server and fill that in on the report!
9. If you're sending in a report on a weapon being improperly positioned, please include both the weapon and the armour you are using it with. Sometimes the weapon is positioned properly and it's actually the arm on your armour that's positioned improperly, leading to a strange grip position. Because it could be weapon position, arm position, or both that are causing the issue, it's helpful for us to test it as you're seeing it. We can do some extra tests to determine which one it might be, so please let us know both the weapon and armour!
< Message edited by Shadowhunt -- 10/16/2018 21:55:20 >