Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Grandiflora

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> [DF Encyclopedia] >> NPCs >> Grandiflora
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/7/2017 8:00:26   
  Peachii
Clairvoyant!

Grandiflora

Location: Swordhaven (Book 3) -> Up -> Right, The Greenguard Alliance - Rose Faction -> Left

Quests given
North Sneevil
A Second Look
Creepy Crawlies
The Bizarre Bazaar

Shops owned
Rose Helms Shop

Dialogue
Swordhaven (Book 3)

Grandiflora: Hail, <Character>...

• Hmm?

Grandiflora: ...Could I have a moment with you?

• Talk
    • Who...?
      Grandiflora: I am. Commander Grandiflora at your service. I need your help.

Grandiflora: It's my men... Some of them have gone missing.
      Grandiflora: They and I were tasked with quelling the riots that recently started popping up in the Branden Quarter...
      Grandiflora: ...but things turned sour after we chased and confronted the main group responsible.
      Grandiflora: I am not sure how, but despite the fact that my men are well-trained and well-equipped...
      Grandiflora: ...the rioters managed to give them a rough time. Enough to wound several of them.
      Grandiflora: We had to fall back to recoup our position. As we made it out though, I realized that several members of my troops... had disappeared.
      Grandiflora: I am afraid that they got themselves lost somewhere along the way in the labyrinthine alleyways the area is notorious for.
      Grandiflora: I need to go back and find my men.... They've put their faith in me as their commander and I have no intention of letting them down.
      Grandiflora: I can't do it alone however. Will you help me find them?

• Poverty
      Grandiflora: It's no secret to anyone. The Branden Quarter has almost always been the most impoverished section of Swordhaven.
      Grandiflora: Historically, it's been like that.
      Grandiflora: But the conflicts in recent years have aggravated the situation to a point as the least well-to-do refugees...
      Grandiflora: ...naturally gravitate towards Branden.
      Grandiflora: King Alteon has been kind enough to direct the excess bounty of the harvest each year towards them...
      Grandiflora: However, even that is beginning to stretch thin.
      Grandiflora: They have had to start rationing the surplus in order to supply every single impoverished citizen something...
      Grandiflora: ... and it is breeding some discontent.
      Grandiflora: Still... I find it strange that it would escalate like this.

Grandiflora: Maybe...

• Lost
      Grandiflora: Branden is infamous for... is its poor housing situation.
      Grandiflora: As the downtrodden have long lived and resided there, improvised dwellings, one on top of the other...
      Grandiflora: ...have engineered over time the organized chaos of the Branden Quarter.
      Grandiflora: You can imagine what that means. The last civil engineer of the Court that tried to map Branden was jailed for arson.
      Grandiflora: I hear he spends his days muttering about bear heads and killer rabbits...
      Grandiflora: ...and constantly harasses the jail guards demanding holey grenades to protect himself.
      Grandiflora: Went far off the deep end that one...
      Grandiflora: But even the citizens of Branden have a hard time finding their way around sometimes.
      Grandiflora: And of course, all that makes it even more difficult to deal with and root out the rioters.

• Citizens - complete North Sneevil to unlock this option.
      Grandiflora: No, those are normal citizens.... The rioters themselves are armed and these people weren't.

Grandiflora: The rioters aren't the only ones unhappy about the situation in Branden. They are just the ones who have decided to take to... more violent actions.

Grandiflora: I'm not sure if the King has been briefed on the full scale of the situation...
      Grandiflora: As I've mentioned before, the King already does do something for the impoverished citizens of Branden.
      Grandiflora: The riots themselves have still only recently started happening and...
      Grandiflora: ... this is still the responsibility of the military branch of The Rose at the moment.

Grandiflora: I am not sure... It seems strange the citizens of fair Swordhaven would come to this so easily.

Grandiflora: I don't disagree.... I just find it a bit strange in this case.

• Old Friend - complete Creepy Crawlies to unlock this option.
      Grandiflora: Hmm? Oh, that?
      Grandiflora: It's really nothing much. Years ago when I joined the Rose I fell into a camaraderie with another greenhorn...
      Grandiflora: Both of us were rascals in our own ways so we got along like two desert bandits in a crowded Sandsea market.

Grandiflora: Well, we sort of went our separate ways after we completed our first deployment and rose to the rank of officers.
      Grandiflora: A pretty common sight back then when the Rose was as fresh as a spring blossom.
      Grandiflora: I haven't really seen him since although I hear he's made pretty well for himself.

Grandiflora: I wouldn't go that far. He's... particular.
      Grandiflora: Like a well-aged barrel of juice: a bold character that some appreciate and turns off others.
      Grandiflora: He's definitely not for everyone to like, but he was a good friend to me.

• Grateful - complete Creepy Crawlies to unlock this option.
      Grandiflora: Something the matter, Hero?

Grandiflora: Oh. Of course.
      Grandiflora: Granted I don't exactly know how much use it'll actually be for you...
      Grandiflora: I imagine a Hero of your caliber must have received rewards that these pale in comparison to.

Grandiflora: Hahaha! Well, that sure sounds like a peculiar story alright...

Grandiflora: Unfortunately, this isn't really the time or the place.
      Grandiflora: Hmmm...
      Grandiflora: However, I do know an Inn near the Barracks that puts some pretty good juice on the table...
      Grandiflora: How about this: if you're up for it later, I could show you there.
      Grandiflora: If you consider a good mug of juice for a story a fair trade, of course.

• Mementos - complete The Bizarre Bazaar to unlock this option.
      Grandiflora: Lansezeur is one of the soldiers in my platoon that went missing.
      Grandiflora: This compass in particular is the one he'd take with him wherever he would go.

Grandiflora: I wouldn't exactly know...
      Grandiflora: Lansezeur's the type that was nice and got along pretty easily with everyone else.
      Grandiflora: Doesn't stand out too much. Never goes out of the way to talk about his own personal things.
      Grandiflora: Or perhaps didn't want
      Grandiflora: What I know is Lansezeur was taught how to make engravings by his grandfather.
      Grandiflora: I've seen him before: when he hadn't too much on his plate, he'd grab pieces of wood with nice, flat surfaces...
      Grandiflora: ...and then, he'd take out several burins of different sizes out of a pouch and start scrapping at the wood leisurely.
      Grandiflora: Said the superb Rose ornaments on his compass are something he made himself.
      Grandiflora: I'd believe him if even not having seen him do it himself... The guy definitely has a knack and talent for it.

Grandiflora: They are.
      Grandiflora: Still... I don't know why he likes that compass so much.
      Grandiflora: If you ask me, Lansezeur was one of the ones that could do with opening up with the rest of the crew a bit more.
      Grandiflora: I know it's not possible with everyone, but I like to try and get all my men to talk to each other.
      Grandiflora: Get a feel for the rest of the group and feel like they have someone to talk to and maybe a second home in their squad.
      Grandiflora: At the end of the day, our duty is a team effort. Can't get around that...

Grandiflora: Oh yes. I know Carrel...
      Grandiflora: *exasperated sigh*
      Grandiflora: Carrel is one of the younger soldiers...
      Grandiflora: He has a little sister that lives out in the countryside and this is the ring she gave him when he left home to join the Rose.
      Grandiflora: I know because I'd catch him writing letters to send her all the time right when the patrol was supposed to head out!
      Grandiflora: *grumbles*
      Grandiflora: But he's a very good kid... with a heart to match.
      Grandiflora: The reason he sends letters and little gifts to his sister all the time is because she can't walk.

Grandiflora: That's right. Her health's too poor for it.
      Grandiflora: Back in the country, she likes to sit on a chair on the porch and that way she'd be just fine...
      Grandiflora: But getting up and walking around for more than a minute takes too much effort out of her.

Grandiflora: Isn't it?
      Grandiflora: It doesn't sound like it's discouraged her though. Carrel told me she loves to see everything there is to see.
      Grandiflora: Fields, forests, landscapes, towns...
      Grandiflora: *chuckle* Back home, he said he'd take her piggybacking around all the time.
      Grandiflora: And one day, she wants to be able to walk around and see the Capital of the Kingdom of Greenguard herself.

Grandiflora: So do I, <Character>. So do I.

• Mori - complete The Bizarre Bazaar to unlock this option.
      Grandiflora: I am and they really are.
      Grandiflora: ...

Grandiflora: I...I'm worried...
      Grandiflora: Because we found each of their mementos, but not Lansezeur or Carrel themselves...
      Grandiflora: From what I've told you, you can hazard to guess neither of them would never be caught without carrying them around.
      Grandiflora: It's like you say: these are my men I am responsible for as their Commander.
      Grandiflora: It keeps me up a night and I am horribly afraid.
      Grandiflora: I can't imagine if I had to go pay visit their families and tell them that...

Grandiflora: ...Grandi?

Grandiflora: *soft chuckling*
      Grandiflora: ...Well, how about that? I haven't been called Grandi since before I was promoted!

Grandiflora: *smiles* Well, that sure cheered me up a bit. Thanks for that, <Character>.

Grandiflora: Yes. I think I'm starting to see that...

Grandiflora: That you're not appreciated as a Hero just because you go around saving the world all the time.

Grandiflora: No.

Grandiflora: Hmm...
      Grandiflora: Well, there isn't always a world ending threat looming over Lore's head to take care of last I checked...

Grandiflora: Well, people aren't exactly expecting the sky to fall on their heads every day, are they?
      Grandiflora: Typically, most of them are just going about their daily lives and struggles whether here in the Capital or elsewhere.
      Grandiflora: Helping kids get back their ball, an old woman trying to get something done...
      Grandiflora: ...around the house that's made difficult by her old age or a senior soldier just taking a hit to his morale.
      Grandiflora: You've helped scores of citizens with rather trivial tasks... but they still see you as a Hero for it!
      Grandiflora: And I'd guess it because being a Hero is just as much about taking care of a world destroying abomination...
      Grandiflora: ...than taking care of deranged chickens! Ha Ha Ha!

Grandiflora: Save those red cheeks. You aren't swimming in all the antioxidants from the juice at the Inn yet!

Grandiflora: I don't have to be pushy to have some good stories to listen to along with that juice, do I?
  • Quests
    • North Sneevil
      Grandiflora: My troops were cornered into the small and tortuous alleys off one of the main roads.
      Grandiflora: I guess that was my first mistake and just the chance the rioters were looking for to level the playing field.
      Grandiflora: Although they still shouldn't have caused as much trouble for my soldiers... but that's another matter.
      Grandiflora: The best plan would be to go as an elite, small, fast moving unit able to get in and out quickly.
      Grandiflora: In other words, just the two of us.
      Grandiflora: Branden isn't exactly the safest place, especially at the moment.
      Grandiflora: It's unfortunate to say that of any places in Swordhaven, even Branden, but it's the truth.
      Grandiflora: The quicker we can get in and out with the ones that were left behind, the better.

Grandiflora: The eastern side of Dragon Alley is where we came in, but the rioters are likely to be keeping an eye on that now.
      Grandiflora: Dragon Alley runs east by west though and it isn't the only big road through Branden.
      Grandiflora: There's also The Running Sneevil Boulevard which goes north by south.
      Grandiflora: So that gives us two points of entry: from the north and from the south.
      Grandiflora: I suggest we try north first and investigate the alleys immediately to the east from there.
      Grandiflora: Any questions?

Grandiflora: Good. Then let's head in.

• A Second Look
      Grandiflora: Dead end and not one soldier in sight.
      Grandiflora: Kyanos' icy breath.... Well, at the very least we didn't run into any rioters.

Grandiflora: I'm still not convinced there's nothing to find by the northeastern side...
      Grandiflora: We didn't catch the attention of the rioters so the North entrance is clear still.
      Grandiflora: I suggest we go back and try pushing deeper.
      Grandiflora: Let's head back to the Northern entry point and run down farther into Branden before checking out the alleyways to the East.
      Grandiflora: Let's hope we come up with something solid this time.

• Creepy Crawlies
      Grandiflora: Blast! Still nothing...
      Grandiflora: Well, I guess we should try the southern entrance then...
      Grandiflora: *sigh* This would be going quite differently if he were here I imagine.

Grandiflora: Ah, sorry. I probably shouldn't be rambling on about my junior years at a time like this.
      Grandiflora: Let's keep the pace going and head to the southern part of the Quarter.
      Grandiflora: Alley Creepers infests the place so we'll have to be wary of those this time.

Grandiflora: The spiders that make their nest in narrow and dark alleys.

Grandiflora: If you come across the big ones, it sure can be. One of my men on a previous patrol got jumped by one.
      Grandiflora: They say some years ago a Darkness Giant refugee brought its pet with them to the Quarter...
      Grandiflora: ...and it stuck around after they were chased out which is why they get so big.
      Grandiflora: But I've never seen or heard tell of Darkness Giants before.. It sounds like just a wild story to me.
      Grandiflora: The point remains that they can become pretty big so we should be careful of any dark alleys we come by.

Grandiflora: All right. Let's get this one done and over with before the sun sets.

• Bizarre Bazaar
      Grandiflora: Lansezeur...
      Grandiflora: Finally... A physical trace of them.

Grandiflora: That's true, but I think I know where to look next...

Grandiflora: We actually came through that area when we were falling back and running from the rioters...
      Grandiflora: I remember now. Lansezeur brought to my attention the presence of a run down open market and we decided to run through it.

Grandiflora: We thought we'd cross Dragon Alley that way...

Grandiflora: What?
      Grandiflora: No, no! I mean Dragon Alley as in one of the two arteries through Branden!

Grandiflora: That sounds like a sure fire way to end up in a dark alley...
      Grandiflora: Either way, as you can figure, it was never the right path we hoped to find...
      Grandiflora: However, all things said, that strange bazaar was one of the places we ran through before my men disappeared...
      Grandiflora: I remember feeling something was off about it when we passed through all those stalls.
      Grandiflora: Rancid or stale food sitting on the stalls unattended, almost no merchant around selling their wares...
      Grandiflora: It isn't much to go on, but my instinct tells me we might find something there.

Grandiflora: Indeed. I...

Grandiflora: ...It's nothing. Just a bit fatigued.
      Grandiflora: A bit of running will fix me right up!

Grandiflora: Let's keep going. I... think we're starting to get closer if only just.
      Grandiflora: Let's see what the bizarre bazaar has in store.

• Rose Armoury - complete Creepy Crawlies to unlock this option.
    Grandiflora: Listen, <Character>. I've already heard...

Grandiflora: The terms you've been on with some of the other members of The Rose...

Grandiflora: I had a talk with my Quartermaster and she's agreed to let you have some equipment supplies.
    Grandiflora: This is equipment that would be kept in reserve for Rose personnel normally.
    Grandiflora: I'm hoping that by giving you this, you might take it as proof...
    Grandiflora: ... that I do really appreciate your voluntary effort and that my intentions are genuine.

Grandiflora: Glad too. I promise I won't treat the help you're giving as some sort of right I have because you're a Hero.
    Grandiflora: I'll make sure you're compensated talk to the Quartermaster again the next time you help me as well.
  • Heal & potions - fully replenishes HP, MP, and potions.

The Greenguard Alliance - Rose Faction

Grandiflora: Oh, hello <Character>! Sorry, I hadn't seen you there...

Grandiflora: Frenetic... It's an organized chaos progressively setting itself up.
    Grandiflora: It's both very stressful and very exhilarating all at once...
    Grandiflora: But now that I see that you'll be here while we take everything that gets past the Vind...
    Grandiflora: ...I am reassured. Thanks for coming to our aid, <Character>.

Grandiflora: I have the same feeling.
    Grandiflora: Sorry... I'd chat more, but I should really be getting back to focusing on leading the troops for now.
    Grandiflora: I hope you won't hold it against me if I cut things short?

Grandiflora: Then take care of yourself, <Character>.
    Grandiflora: When this is all over... I'd like to think we'll all be raising a cup or a mug with the troops to a successful campaign.
    Grandiflora: It'll be hard to do that if both your arms are in splinters. Stay safe!

Greenguard Alliance Appearance

Thanks to
  • Jay for image and Greenguard Alliance appearance image.
  • fxmybrute13 for correction.

< Message edited by Jay -- 11/20/2019 6:02:37 >
  • DF AQW  Post #: 1
    Page:   [1]
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> [DF Encyclopedia] >> NPCs >> Grandiflora
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition