Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

All you need to know about ShadowWalker of Time

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable Guides >> Pending Guides >> All you need to know about ShadowWalker of Time
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/5/2017 1:37:24   
eddyydde

All you need to know about ShadowWalker of Time

Table of contents
(browse using CTRL+F/ Command+F)

[QA] Questions and answers
[SB] Stat builds
[CA] Class abilities
[BS] Battle strategies
[ME] Matching equipment

Questions and Answers
[QA]
What is ShadowWalker of Time?
ShadowWalker of Time is a newly released Tier 3 Dragon Amulet class based around switching between movesets.

How do I obtain/train it?
ShadowWalker of Time can currently only be accessed by Dragon Amulet players for testing.

What are the pros and cons of ShadowWalker of Time?
ShadowWalker of Time seems to be a pretty powerful class provided you know how to use Umbra correctly. It has only a decent defense for a Tier 3 class, but it's offensive power is pretty great. High damage final moves as well as a good base attack contribute to ShadowWalker of Time being able to deal with most enemies

How can I avoid the 39 turn cooldown on Eternity Ray?
Since it persists through battles , it's unlikely that you'll be able to use it multiple times on most quests. However, the easiest way to remove the cooldown is to re-equip the armor, so you're basically limited to one Eternity Ray per quest.

Stat Builds
[SB]
Although the persisting 39 turn cooldown on Eternity Ray may seem like it would make ShadowWalker of Time better at boss fights, I actually think ShadowWalker of Time is better at long quests. By having an incredibly powerful crit, attack, and multi, ShadowWalker of Time easily takes out most monsters in one turn. Then you get to the boss and use Eternity Ray to obliterate it. However, ShadowWalker of Time is certainly no slouch when it comes to fighting bosses, so it's fine to pick ShadowWalker of Time as your main class. Given that it's an offensive class, I think maxing out STR/INT/DEX would be wise. The mana costs are quite high, so I recommend taking quite a bit of wisdom, at least if you plan on doing lots of questing. And lastly, depending on your priorities, either END or LUK will work.

Bosses

Level 10
STR/INT/DEX: 35
WIS: 10

Level 20
STR/INT/DEX: 75
WIS: 20

Level 30
STR/INT/DEX: 115
WIS: 30

Level 40
STR/INT/DEX: 155
WIS: 40

Level 50
STR/INT/DEX: 195
WIS: 50

Level 60
STR/INT/DEX: 200
END/LUK: 45

Level 70
END/LUK: 95

Level 80
END/LUK: 145

Quests

Level 10
STR/INT/DEX: 30
WIS: 15

Level 20
STR/INT/DEX: 60
WIS: 30
LUK: 5

Level 30
STR/INT/DEX: 90
WIS: 45
END/LUK: 10

Level 40
STR/INT/DEX: 120
WIS: 60
END/LUK: 15

Level 50
STR/INT/DEX: 150
WIS: 75
END/LUK: 20

Level 60
STR/INT/DEX: 180
WIS: 90
END/LUK: 25

Level 70
WIS: 105
END/LUK: 40

Level 80
WIS: 120
END/LUK: 75

Class Abilities
[CA]

[image][/image]
Shadow People
+100% crit final attack! Builds shadow.

Level/Quest/Items required: None

Effect:

Mana Cost: 20
Cooldown: 14
Element: As weapon
Attack Type: As weapon

This ability is your go to for most small monsters, since it's usable on turn 1.

[image][/image]

Doomsday Clock
Stuns Enemy for two turns. Builds shadow.

Effect:

Mana Cost: 30

A below average stun, but it's the only defensive move that builds shadow so it's incredibly important.

[image][/image]

Decay
Decay your foe's healing. Builds shadow.

Effect:

Mana Cost: 31
Cooldown: 6

Most enemies don't heal and this move doesn't seem to do much damage, so it's pretty situational

[image][/image]

Shade Spikes
Hit all enemies. Builds shadow.

Effect:

Mana Cost: 35
Cooldown: 1

Pretty great multi-move. Has high damage and low cooldown. It does more than the regular attack so it's useful even in solo fights. Only problem is it has a high mana cost

[image][/image]

Consume the Shadows
Consume built up shadows to heal!

Effect:

Mana Cost: 45
Cooldown: 29
Element: N/A
Attack Type: N/A

A huge heal that heals based on the amount of shadows you've built up. It's great for when you don't want to switch to Umbral Form but also don't want to waste turns by not building or using shadow.

[image][/image]

Velo de la Sombra
Consume all shadows to shield for 3 turns.

Effect:

Mana Cost: 15
Cooldown: 9

Shields pretty well but doesn't benefit from higher shadow consumption. Best used either as a panic move or when you have no shadows.

[image][/image]

Antumbra
End Umbral Form Early!

Effect:

Mana Cost: 10
Cooldown: 0

Switching back doesn't make you lose turns, but it does consume all the shadow you still had in Umbral form. Use how you see fit.

[image][/image]

Attack

Effect:

Mana Cost: 0
Cooldown: 0
Element: Health/As weapon
Attack Type: As Weapon

[image][/image]

Umbra
Hide in shadows and attack

Effect:

Cooldown: 2

The core of ShadowWalker of Time's playstyle, switching to Umbral Form is obviously very important. The Umbral moves tend to be more powerful but more aggressive so it's not always the best idea to go for maximum Umbral turns. Especially since activating Umbral Form doesn't take up your turn, but does reduce your cooldowns by 1.

[image][/image]

Penumbra
Crit damage up!

Effect:

Mana Cost: 15
Cooldown: 5

Not the highest damage increase as it only affects crits by a small amount, making it only worth it if you follow up with Shadow People or Eternity Ray

[image][/image]

Chronic Lock
Lock for 2 turns.

Effect:

Mana Cost: 30

Another below average stun, but this one is usable in Umbral Form. Use whenever necessary.

[image][/image]

Phantom Hit
3 hits of 75% damage

Effect:

Cooldown: 1

This is a solid, low cooldown move with decent damage. It is a huge part of ShadowWalker of Time's damage per turn

[image][/image]

Gear of Time
Sunder your foe's resistances

Effect:

Cooldown: 4

An incredible -50 to All, it's a huge power boost, and the more powerful the resistances, the more powerful the next attacks will be.

[image][/image]

Impaling Hands
Rend time for damage and a DoT

Effect:

Cooldown: 4

A good multi-hit move. Average cooldown, above average damage, decent DoT.

[image][/image]

Eternity Ray
Call down the power of shadows!

Effect:

Mana Cost: 25
Cooldown: 39

ShadowWalker of Time's most powerful skill, the cooldown persists through battles but can be easily reset outside of quests, meaning you only get to use this once per quest. It is best used after Penumbra or Gear of Time

< Message edited by eddyydde -- 11/6/2017 3:29:06 >
DF  Post #: 1
3/17/2018 5:24:30   
BluuHorseOfficial

I don’t think you should name the stat builds “Quests” or “Bosses”, as there’s no material way of the person knowing what said quest holds for them, besides the forums. Rather, you could name them “Offensive” and “Hybrid” or the like, as that would be better.
Your FAQ section is very detailed and informative, and I feel that to emphasize this you may need to mention Shadow Charges.
Decay is very useful against IatEoT bosses, but you’re right about general monsters. Valo de la Sombra is actually more useful with more shadow charges against bosses that have a high BtH. It can also be used at the start of a battle.
quote:

An incredible -50 to All, it's a huge power boost, and the more powerful the resistances, the more powerful the next attacks will be.
Did you mean, the less powerful the resistances, the more powerful the next attacks will be? They’re inversely proportional. Impaling hands now, along with Phantom Hit contributes to. SWoT’s damage per turn due to the removal of the DoT but addition of its total damage on the skill itself.

The rest of the guide is actually VERY GOOD! I can’t wait to see the end result, and I wish you the best of luck completing it. :)

If you want this message deleted, let me know and I’ll do so as fast as I can! :p
DF  Post #: 2
5/7/2018 19:00:46   
eddyydde

Thank you for the advice, but I actually just don't have time to work on this guide. I can't seem to delete it though.

Locked as requested. ~Peachii

< Message edited by Peachii -- 8/17/2018 3:43:50 >
DF  Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable Guides >> Pending Guides >> All you need to know about ShadowWalker of Time
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition