Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =DF= Battle Strategy Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= Battle Strategy Thread
Page 12 of 25«<1011121314>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/7/2019 5:04:45   
BluuHorseOfficial

You really don’t need weapon types here though. At level 90 they have 87 on their respective focused stat and 22 on the others, and generic level 80 gear even without INT should get you to more than 50 Bonus which really should be enough to hit them often. With INT you’d get to higher values. Verraad and Uragiri themselves give 33 Total Bonus.
If you want to you can also retrain to an INT/END build so you can maximise damage with your Kathool. Good luck, Pelly! Make sure to also utilitze Corrupt -> Mind Twist if possible because it’s a really strong damaging combo.
DF  Post #: 276
1/25/2019 1:23:31   
Hotaka

Would it be possible for a non-DA user to beat the Legion Crawler boss and get Necro Paragon armor? I'm currently at level 30 and bought the Kathool Adept armor (also Elemental Unity Trinket).

It can deal up to 1000 damage with the Shadow combo (and I hear even 2000+ at higher levels) but the boss has approx. 5000 hp and cannot be oneshotted. Can Kathool survive long enough to kill that boss?
Post #: 277
1/25/2019 4:41:28   
BluuHorseOfficial

The Kathool Adept Armor doesn’t have the right side skills locked which gives you a full skillset through which you should be able to defeat the Legion Crawler; except that you’re at level 30 which is normally not the optimal level at which you should be doing the challenges due to lack of appropriate good gear for the challenges. Further, KAA has insanely high unscaled mana costs at 264 for Kathool (the Nuke) and 190 for the Regeneration, as well as generically high mana costs due to which it is advised (even by the armor’s description itself) to use it at levels above 40.

It should be able to survive long enough if you have a ton of mana to lay back on, though, since it has one of the best shields and regeneration skills in the game as well as the really strong nuke Kathool. I would advise levelling up to ~40-50 to be able to make it work, though.
DF  Post #: 278
1/25/2019 7:45:00   
Sakurai the Cursed

From Alyss on the discord who has done it as a level 20-something NDA:

Use Ranger with Book 3 Aegis (by the way, you can get a little extra health on your guest by equipping as much END as possible when you invite them). Obviously having some All Res is excellent for Crawler but if you don't have that much it's not the end of the world.

Get Frozen Claymore as a temporary item by entering and leaving the Fire Orb quest 'Akriloth' (note this WILL uninvite your guests so do this before you've farted around with Aegis). It scales to your exact level in terms of damage range.

'Strategy' if you can call it that is to use Venom 5 times at the beginning of the fight to apply strong DoT and stack Focus. Aegis uses Shield whenever it's up, otherwise smack away at them with his best attacks. Then equip Frozen Claymore if you didn't have it equipped before and use basic attacks (or Spotter's Shot mixed with basic attacks) until Frozen Claymore procs. Aegis provides enough defence that this doesn't need to happen that quickly. After that point Crawler'll be operating on at least -125 Ice so simply use Power Shot-Spotter's Shot-Power Shot combos to take him out. You only lose here if you get really unlucky with Frozen Claymore's timing, if so just try again.

If you're still struggling re-allocate your stats to include 200 END which Aegis will appreciate a lot. You can pick-up additional pots with Cloak Scrap too, but generally Aegis dying early will be your lose condition.

For pets Stan the ScanOrb is great but if safety's an issue (or you just don't have Stan) invite Twilly in Falconreach instead.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 279
2/2/2019 12:48:49   
Shadow X Ascendant

Ancient Seeker and Voice Duo

Class = Baltael Soulweaver
Stats = 200 STR. 200 INT. 45 LUK or WIS
5 Potions and Hero's Diet (Seaweed + Rotten Hardtack)

Equips = SoulForged Weapon Lv 85
Show = Ice Scythe. Save Blade of Awe (If needed)

Acessories = Unraveler Wings III, Warding Girgle Lv 85 or Leorilla Mane Belt Lv 85, Unhallowed DeathKnight Circlet Lv 80, Baltael Aventail (+20 End / +20 Wis)

Trinket = Not-So-Tiny Bubbles

Pets = Stan The Scanorb AND Baby Chimera
First Equip Stan The Scanorb. Let's Take out Gananana first, start with Shield. Repetance (Proc Ice Scythe) , Full Sync, Soul Slash, Soul Vaccum, Now That Gananana Just used "Crippling Beam" it will Nuke You but you will have No Debuffs so The Nuke won't be a muke at all, Now You will Go Equip Chimera, And Use NTSB at Gananana To Make Sure it won't Give you any DoTs. Now Pierce , Impact, Full Sync, Shield, Use An Food If you get less than 600 HP. Now Keep Damaging and Blinding Gananana. When It gets Under 1524 HP (Number based on Lv 90) use Soul Slice To K.O it, I guess your Shield will be still on.
Now For Augahim, Just Keep Shielding and Blinding him with NTSB whenever Possible. If he Throws an Rock at you and you don't dodge. Use Purge. Now Keep using Full Sync, Show BoA and Use Food (If you still have) and Potions if you get under 50% HP (Just to guarantee)
When It gets under 1830 HP (Number Based On Lv 90) Finish with Soul Slice
"Forgotten Once More, As you wield Your deserved reward"

< Message edited by Shadow X Ascendant -- 2/2/2019 12:49:37 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 280
2/3/2019 21:25:47   
shadowterror

I did crawler with MSW and Aegis. Had Ancient Dragon Scythe of the Elements equipped on ice and shown Ice Scythe for the proc. Trick i found was u need to shield for the multi hit attack.
Otherwise wasn't too difficult. Centaur was even easier because u can stun him. Between MSW n Aegis u have 3 stuns making him easier. Oh and i had Stan equipped for the minus.
Now to try the duo.
Post #: 281
2/4/2019 4:04:32   
Shadow X Ascendant

MSW? You should try with BSW as well, this duo will be an lot easier
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 282
2/10/2019 6:50:35   
Hotaka

Hello Guys,

I just finished getting the Necro Paragon armor. Beat Legion Crawler with lvl 41 Kathool Adept + Aegis as friend and the poison boss with zhoom as friend. I'm thinking I want to try Vaal's Trinket next.

Is taking on two bosses at once possible for a non-DA user? I only ever fought those bosses one at a time. I'm not sure if I can raise my fire resistance high enough to fight Vaal and Xan without DA or DC items.
Post #: 283
2/10/2019 8:21:04   
BluuHorseOfficial

You indeed can raise your fire resistance high enough without needing DA or DC items, however, you can’t do it at the level you’re at right now. However, you do indeed have Kathool Adept which is the among the strongest offensive classes in the game, so even if you’re a Non-DA, you can use the class to beat the challenge once you get to around level 80.

You could use Baron Dante’s Spreadsheet right here and use the filter mechanic to get the gear with the highest Fire resistance which isn’t DA or DC.

In case you don’t know how that works:
Just Sort it from A -> Z by clicking one if the column headings, and then a drop-down will appear next to each column, allowing you to filter the values in that column. Go under DA and choose ‘No’, DC and choose ‘no’, Rare and choose ‘No’ and then under Fire+All, choose the highest numerical value.
DF  Post #: 284
2/17/2019 15:01:50   
Fire alandry

Endless Invasion.
Currently (530-600) I use Necro Paragon, it has some nice effects (terror: 900-1800 damage. That what happens when you are OP, ugly Tog!)
I found that Ascended and MSW work good. Any more classes? I prefer short battles, this quest is super boring even now.
DF  Post #: 285
3/2/2019 16:44:35   
Shadow X Ascendant

Exaltia Tower I - Arena of Infernal and Celestial
Class = Baltael Soulweaver
Stats = 200 STR. 150 INT . 50 LUK.
Equip = Soulforged Ice Scythe
Show Ice Scythe.
Acessories = Leorilla Mane Belt IV, Not-So-Tiny Bubbles, SF Ring Blue, SF Amulet Purple, Unraveler Wings III, Baltael Aventail Defensive, Legion Bracer. 200 Protect Dragon. Hero Diet. 5 Potions From Potion Seller
Infernal Session - Yaphael and Manasaheim

The Infernal ones have an easier but trickier rotation than Celestials, Manasaheim is easy , it have only 2 Attacks, while one is an double version of first attack. Shield, Repetance, Full Sync, Soul Slash, Soul Pierce, Soul Pierce, Shield, Impact, Full Sync. Yaphael is different, He will start with Lifesteal, Not an Great Deal, Next Two Rounds he will get Crit and Bonus with The Blades, Next One is +100 Avoidance with Infernal Chains. Then he will do Mega Attack on Next 2 Turns and Repeat, Watch Out your Shield and Look When Yaphael Defense ends to wipe him out, If you have Stan, Equip it once his HP is under 15% so Soul Slice be ablebto K.O Him
Celestial Session - Ezjrael and Samarahein
Those two follows an rotation that is an question of tricking them, For Samarahein all what you have to do is Use Repetance in first Round to Proc Ice Scythe, He will Copy some of your defenses but since you haven't used shield that won't affect him, On next Round you use shield and wipe him out. Ezjarel is The Same, start with Repetance Then Proc Your Shield, His Blind Isn't an Big Deal with right gear . Again when his HP is under 15% Equip Stan So Soul Slice Will K.O Him

AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 286
3/8/2019 5:10:07   
Plutonium

Monster/Quest
Monster/Quest Name: The Exaltia Tower
Character Link: https://www.dragonfable.com/df-chardetail.asp?id=46482790
Dragon Amulet (yes/no): Yes
Level: 90
Build: Ascendant, Necro Paragon, SWOT, Archivist, Soulweaver (among others)
Weapons Equipped: (various weapons depending on monsters element(s): Ultra OmniKnight Blade for mini + main bosses); Blade of Awe (shown)
Accessories Equipped: Wings of the Unraveler III, Unhallowed DeathKnight Circlet, Amulet & Belt, Atrea's Sentinel Helm IV, Shapeless Idol V, Legion Bracer
Stats: 200 INT, 95 END, & 150 WIS
Pets Equipped: Avalon (baby dragon)
Previously Used Strategies: Ascendant, BSW, Shadow Walker
Notes: none that I can think of at the moment
DF  Post #: 287
3/8/2019 10:58:27   
Silver
Helpful!

@Plutionium I think I mentioned this in another thread, but a combination of RDL and PDL is a pretty good option. You can do it with PDL alone, but that's a little slower. Since you're loaded (9 million gold, jesus :o), I'd just buy dragonlord's rage if I were you, since you don't have it lol

Before starting you might wanna stock up on extra potions just in case. On every floor, go for the option that debuffs your enemies, and just heal off any of the HP/MP you lost by stunning elementals and then using wind/water dragon spirit. Do the same until you're at full or high HP/MP. You can use either PDL or RDL against elementals and mini bosses, but RDL makes the fight quicker while PDL heals you more. Switch to PDL for the final boss
If you're against ezrajal DON'T USE YOUR SHIELD ON THE FIRST TURN, for the love of god. He copies your defenses for 4 turns on the first turn, and uses this skill in intervals of 7 turns. But if you don't have any defense buffs, he just raises his avoidance by ~30. As long as you aren't blinded while he has increased avoidance, you should be able to hit him, especially since you have an INT build
Post #: 288
3/8/2019 11:28:49   
BluuHorseOfficial

Remember, the effects stack across floors, so having a class that can regenerate Health and Mana to make up for debuffing enemies is always good. Patience DragonLord gets stronger over time so even if your attacks miss, you’ll still be getting stronger. While battling, try to accomodate your rotation to match that of the bosses. After some careful planning, you can quite easily exploit the gaps in their defenses. A good strategy is to equip Uragiri or Verraad on the turn Ezrajal will mirror your defenses/avoidance; I haven’t checked if this works or not yet, but it’s worth a shot. If Ezrajal loses defenses, that’s great for you and if not, it’s not ahit of massive damage. Patience and Rage DragonLord are by far the best methods of doing this. Get the Slimy Necklace to avoid potential stuns and to increase healing by 20%, and use a Destiny Weapon (or any other 10 All -20 Health weapon). I would recommend retraining to more END since you’re already loaded up on Gold, so this isn’t gonna be a hole in your pocket.
Remember that Samaranth copies your defenses occasionally, so try not to have your shield up frequently, rather, loop Earth, Ice and Light Dragon Spirits.
200 Protection Dragon is a massive asset; use it if you have one, otherwise, stick to Falconreach Twilly. Twilly is probably better since you have tons of defenses as a DragonLord and really only need healing, but if you have mana issues, then Dragon is your go-to, if you can’t use Water Dragon Spirit for whatever reason.
If given a choice between buffing opponent BPD or MPM (only 2 of each will show up and be buffed), always choose BOD as it’s penetrable via Crits. Similarly, if given a choice between buffing All Res or Immo Res, choose All Res because Immobility Resistance can be lowered by Ice Dragon Spirit to pretty much guarantee a stun, and you don’t want to mess that up as it’s an additional line of defense.

If you want to use BSW, you can use the post right above you, but be warned, BSW isn’t sustainable and relies on food and potions to heal hile DragonLord hust requires a few skills it can spam every battle.
DF  Post #: 289
3/8/2019 14:53:22   
Silver
Helpful!

quote:

A good strategy is to equip Uragiri or Verraad on the turn Ezrajal will mirror your defenses/avoidance; I haven’t checked if this works or not yet, but it’s worth a shot.

lol I just tried this, it doesn't work, at least against Samaranth. But if it doesn't work with Samaranth, I doubt it'll work with Ezrajal. If your defenses are lower than a certain amount (that amount could either be 0 or a value less than samaranth's; I'm not sure), he hits you 6 times for fear damage instead of mirroring your defenses, but the rotation remains the same
Post #: 290
3/9/2019 1:06:41   
BluuHorseOfficial

Oh wow, thanks for letting me know. That’s interesting.
DF  Post #: 291
3/9/2019 4:45:05   
Plutonium

and... I'm officially over the Tower (like seriously). maybe I'm doing something wrong here, but P&RDL was a bust
DF  Post #: 292
3/9/2019 9:58:42   
BluuHorseOfficial

Don’t always use RDL for the elementals. If you are in need of Healing, switch to PDL against Elementals, use Darkness Dragon Spirit followed by Water or Wind (or both) and then take down the enemy.

Also, try to have a 200 Protection Dragon Trained up, and if not that, Twilly from Falconreach.
DF  Post #: 293
3/9/2019 14:27:44   
BeyondReach

Hey So I'm working to get the Necro Paragon Armour and been struggling with the Time Matrix can anyone give me advice on how to farm and how to defeat the blood and water elemental boss,
I'm not able to do enough damage without them healing up to full health in a turn or 2

Time Matrix & Blood elemental
12312476: https://www.dragonfable.com/df-chardetail.asp?id=12312476
Dragon Amulet yes:
61:
Str 111, Luck 65, End 80
Balde of awe:
Zeclem's Band,Zeclem's Heirloom,Zeclem's Belt, Baltael's Aventail:

Coggy/ Dragon :

< Message edited by BeyondReach -- 3/9/2019 14:46:46 >
Post #: 294
3/10/2019 5:19:44   
Yugtsal

Hi, does anyone know how to stack both good and evil resistances? I'm a DA player currently trying for The Unreveler Ex, but I have no doom knight nor the calendar armors. Most likely I'll use some All res equipment to counter the 20 res drain, but I would like to increase my odds.

The 2 pieces of equipment I know of:

1. Transcendence --> +12 good/evil
2. Unhallowed Deathknight Circlet --> +15 good/evil
Post #: 295
3/10/2019 6:44:59   
BluuHorseOfficial

You need to get to 20 All Res as well as Immobility, so generally you’ll go for something like this:

Transcendence (12 Good/Evil) (show healing weapon)
Unraveler Wings (10 All)
Unhallowed DeathKnight Circlet (15 Good/Evil)
Fierce Dragonlord Helm (10 All)
Slimy Necklace (25 Immo and -20 Health)
Any Trinket that doesn’t give +All (Shapeless Idol gives +1 Good/Evil but this isn’t a large amount, so Chi Bomb or Defender Cannon works too)
Unhallowed DeathKnight Belt (2 Good/Evil, but you mostly want it for other stats and lack of a better (situationally) belt)
Eternal Locket (1 All, so it does get you above 20, but it’s by 1 point so it’s fairly insignificant)

If you have the BoxHat from Verlyrus’ Birthday last year, you can swap out the Fierce DragonLord helm for it and the DeathKnight Belt for the Defender’s Medal belt.
DF  Post #: 296
3/11/2019 0:58:48   
Cyrenius

Is Big and Small currently bugged? I've tried Doom Knight V1, regular Doom Knight, Death Knight, Master Soulweaver, and regular Soulweaver, all the same results: the tog 1-hit KO's me at the beginning. Is Belial's Soulweaver the only way to go on this one? I've farmed Servant's Hallway or whatever it's called several times and haven't gotten the visor to drop. If I can't figure out how to keep the tog from 1-hit KO'ing me, there is no use pursuing the baby chimera.

I wish Doom Knight V1 was usable in the Primodials and the other dragon fights besides Triple Trouble. I paid $65 for Master Doom Knight when I purchased it, and sure, it's a great value, I love the class and am more than satisfied, but I wish I could use it for more of the challenges. That carve ability sure helps a lot!

< Message edited by Cyrenius -- 3/11/2019 1:20:48 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 297
3/11/2019 21:25:12   
Plutonium

gonna try BSW this time (for the Tower), because DL & P or R was starting to annoy me. and I probably should've mentioned this earlier, but I trained Avalon in 200 Protection, 200 Magic, & 200 Fighting and I was grabbing Hero's Diet, Cocoaberry Juice, Zard Kebobs, & (sometimes) Baked Basilik, Gorillaphant Knuckles, & Instant Pierogi from Ruby and 5 extra potions from the seller at the Forums.

< Message edited by Plutonium -- 3/11/2019 21:26:07 >
DF  Post #: 298
3/12/2019 3:27:25   
Sakurai the Cursed

@Cyrenius - The fact that Life Carve "helps a lot" (read: breaks almost every possible challenge and reduces the class to spamming 1 single button and beating everything with 0 effort) is why it's not allowed. As for Big & Small, are you using (a) guest(s)? Sentog auto-kills you for doing that, if so; if not, then there's a problem. Also, you can check out all the specific mechanics of the Inn fights here: https://dragonfable-endgame.fandom.com/wiki/Challenges
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 299
3/12/2019 22:07:31   
Cyrenius

No guests. But still getting 1 hit KO'd with both versions of Doom Knight, both V1 and regular. No longer getting one hit KO'd with Soul Weaver, either master or regular, don't have Baltael's or however it's spelled yet, still farming those visors. Haven't tried Death Knight again. They should at least fix the bug with regular doom knight, and if they are not going to ban V1's, fix it with them as well for Big and Small. If they don't want doom knights to fight Big and Small (either V1s or regular), they should outright ban them from fighting them, not one-hit KO them. Like they did V1s on 2/3 or 3/4 of the fights and regular Doom Knights on 2 of the dragon fights. And if the one-hit KO of both types of doom knights is a bug, it should be fixed ASAP.

I think I can do the Primordials with regular Doom Knight with Rotten Hardtack and Seaweed, as I got the squirrel down to his third life without using any food (just potions) once with regular Doom Knight. But there is no point in doing the Primordials until they fix the Doom Knight (both regular and V1) bug for Big and Small, since it's the Baby Chimera I desire. Regular Doom Knight is the class I came closest with on the primordials.

< Message edited by Cyrenius -- 3/12/2019 22:17:54 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 300
Page:   <<   < prev  10 11 [12] 13 14   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= Battle Strategy Thread
Page 12 of 25«<1011121314>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition